In Memory of JonBenet Ramsey

more In Touch,
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jonbenet-ramsey-murder-timeline-149475

The Timeline of Events Leading Up to JonBenét Ramsey's Disappearance Is a Mystery In Itself
Dec 24, 2017 10:00 am

"Dec. 25, 1996

10 p.m. — John and Patsy Ramsey maintain they last saw their daughter alive when they put her to bed on Christmas night." ....
Dec. 26, 1996
12 a.m. — The family’s neighbor, Scott Gibbons, remembers seeing a light on in the Ramseys’ kitchen.
2 a.m. — Neighbor Melody Stanton allegedly hears a scream from the Ramseys’ home. Her husband then reportedly hears the sound of metal on concrete “sometime after the scream.” Years later, Melody backtracked on her statements, stating she actually heard the noise two nights prior — if at all.
5:30 a.m. — Patsy Ramsey gets up to make coffee and reports finding a two-page note on the back staircase stating that JonBenét had been kidnapped. The note claims to be from “a small foreign faction” demanding a ransom of $118,000 in cash.
5:45 a.m. — Shortly after finding the note, Patsy calls family friends Fleet and Priscilla White and John and Barbara Fernie." ......

"To this day, police still don't know who killed little JonBenét, though many believe someone in the family was involved."

2 a.m. — Neighbor Melody Stanton allegedly hears a scream from the Ramseys’ home. Her husband then reportedly hears the sound of metal on concrete “sometime after the scream.” Years later, Melody backtracked on her statements, stating she actually heard the noise two nights prior — if at all.

Two nights prior?

Ya don't say!

Rest In Peace, JonBenet. I hope you get justice.

more In Touch,
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jonbenet-ramsey-murder-timeline-149475

The Timeline of Events Leading Up to JonBenét Ramsey's Disappearance Is a Mystery In Itself
Dec 24, 2017 10:00 am

"Dec. 25, 1996

10 p.m. — John and Patsy Ramsey maintain they last saw their daughter alive when they put her to bed on Christmas night." ....
Dec. 26, 1996
12 a.m. — The family’s neighbor, Scott Gibbons, remembers seeing a light on in the Ramseys’ kitchen.
5:30 a.m. — Patsy Ramsey gets up to make coffee and reports finding a two-page note on the back staircase stating that JonBenét had been kidnapped. The note claims to be from “a small foreign faction” demanding a ransom of $118,000 in cash.
5:45 a.m. — Shortly after finding the note, Patsy calls family friends Fleet and Priscilla White and John and Barbara Fernie." ......

"To this day, police still don't know who killed little JonBenét, though many believe someone in the family was involved."

Thanks, I forgot that PR called the Whites before calling the police. I've always been a bit perplexed by this. On one hand, I get it: get more people to the house, contaminate the scene, use them as diversion and barrier from police......but on the other hand, I don't understand why you would want even more people at the house, in that it would have been even easier for the body to be found. Maybe they weren't expecting them to search the house. You could also say that perhaps they wanted the body found eventually, but I find that a bit hard to believe, because if that body was found any earlier, I sincerely believe that this case would all but be open and shut. Perhaps "open and shut" is an exaggeration, but I do believe that it would have been easier to prove the parents did it if the body was found right away -- if only FW turned on the light his first trip down there.

Thanks, I forgot that PR called the Whites before calling the police. I've always been a bit perplexed by this. On one hand, I get it: get more people to the house, contaminate the scene, use them as diversion and barrier from police......but on the other hand, I don't understand why you would want even more people at the house, in that it would have been even easier for the body to be found. Maybe they weren't expecting them to search the house. You could also say that perhaps they wanted the body found eventually, but I find that a bit hard to believe, because if that body was found any earlier, I sincerely believe that this case would all but be open and shut. Perhaps "open and shut" is an exaggeration, but I do believe that it would have been easier to prove the parents did it if the body was found right away -- if only FW turned on the light his first trip down there.

PR didn’t call the White’s before she called 911. At least, not officially. I do believe they made calls before the 911 call on the mobile phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PR didn’t call the White’s before she called 911. At least, not officially. I do believe they made calls before the 911 call on the mobile phone.

Then the timeline is inaccurate.

I think it was believed they did, because the Whites arrived practically simultaneously with the police.

Then the timeline is inaccurate.

I think it was believed they did, because the Whites arrived practically simultaneously with the police.

5:52 911 call
5:59 Officer French arrived

5:52 911 call
5:59 Officer French arrived

Right. I remember reading somewhere that the Whites arrived around the same time that officers (i.e. French) did.

The timeline in the the intouchweekly article is inaccurate, is what I meant.

These specific timelines are different from different sources. Officer French is always first. From there John Fernie or the Whites. John Fernie said the Whites were there when he arrived, but that doesn't match the timeline from the other witnesses. Next was Sergeant Paul Reichenbach. There's no consensus for when Barbara Fernie arrived.

Cool. This is just one of those things I've been comparing from one source to another lately. I've had to create my own because there's conflict and stuff left out.

****************2018*******************

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_31586373/stan-garnett-resigns-boulder-da

Boulder DA Stan Garnett resigning to take 'crazy to pass up' job at old law firm
Garnett to become senior partner at Denver's Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck

01/11/2018

'There is an energy to the pursuit of justice'

Fair or not, all Boulder district attorneys are judged in part on how they handle one of the county's most notorious cases: the death of JonBenet Ramsey.

While there weren't many new developments during Garnett's tenure, the case was transferred back to the Boulder Police Department and true bills signed by a grand jury during Hunter's term were finally brought to light after a Daily Camera reporter sued for their release.

"I'm proud of the work we've done on the case," Garnett said of the Ramsey investigation. "I feel like we've handled that case according to best practices. Obviously that case is not Boulder County law enforcement's greatest moment, but I feel like we've been able to handle it appropriately."

But Garnett anticipates he will not be the last district attorney to leave office with the case still unsolved.

"My expectation is that charges will never be filed in the Ramsey case," Garnett said. "The combination of some problems at the crime scene and early in the investigation, in my mind, are impossible to overcome."

****************2018*******************

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_31586373/stan-garnett-resigns-boulder-da

Boulder DA Stan Garnett resigning to take 'crazy to pass up' job at old law firm
Garnett to become senior partner at Denver's Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck

01/11/2018

'There is an energy to the pursuit of justice'

Fair or not, all Boulder district attorneys are judged in part on how they handle one of the county's most notorious cases: the death of JonBenet Ramsey.

While there weren't many new developments during Garnett's tenure, the case was transferred back to the Boulder Police Department and true bills signed by a grand jury during Hunter's term were finally brought to light after a Daily Camera reporter sued for their release.

"I'm proud of the work we've done on the case," Garnett said of the Ramsey investigation. "I feel like we've handled that case according to best practices. Obviously that case is not Boulder County law enforcement's greatest moment, but I feel like we've been able to handle it appropriately."

But Garnett anticipates he will not be the last district attorney to leave office with the case still unsolved.

"My expectation is that charges will never be filed in the Ramsey case," Garnett said. "The combination of some problems at the crime scene and early in the investigation, in my mind, are impossible to overcome."

And so there he goes off into the sunset.
Grades for the past three Boulder DA’s.

Hunter D- Deflected, Deconstructed, and Destroyed the case.

Lacy F- Flunked, Failed, Facade for Friends.

Garnett. C- Controlled, Confused, Corralled, and didn’t listen to his Conscious. Cuffed by Colorado Children’s Code.

Punt, Fumble, and Punted again.

Hey Mr. Garnett, what happened to your December 2016 statement, “I know who killed her”. And, if “I ever get a chance in court, I will tell the world.”?
paraphrasing

I suppose you can say he took the political route, or that it wasn’t his fight, or that he was handcuffed by the Colorado Children’s Code. But, I will ask this, Who will speak for JonBenét? Anyone?

Uhhh
That's not an accurate quote. The entire sentence reads, "'If we can ever file a case in open court, I’ll tell the world,' Mr Garnett said."

You had me all excited. Then I clicked and read. Ah, man! Lol.

Just because I'm... Me... The proper way to quote that if you only wanted part of the sentence would be to add "..." to indicate there is more there.

"... I'll tell the world."

He’s not bound by Colorado law now. He can testify at the trial in Michigan.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-...7/boulder-da-stan-garnett-elk-jonbenet-ramsey

Boulder DA Stan Garnett 'loved' elk case, thinks 'charges will never be filed' involving JonBenet Ramsey

01/11/2018

"I don't know that there will ever be another criminal trial in the history of America like the elk trial," he said, referencing the trial of former Boulder police officer Sam Carter, who was convicted of misconduct for shooting an elk on Mapleton Hill and then trying to cover it up.

"That's a case that is vintage Boulder County, vintage city of Boulder. It had police corruption. It was a very interesting trial, and obviously there was some sadness to that case, but not the kind of human loss we have in other cases.

"I loved that case."

Of course, fair or not, all Boulder district attorneys are judged in part on how they handle one of the county's most notorious cases: the death of JonBenet Ramsey.

"I'm proud of the work we've done on the case," he said of the Ramsey investigation. "I feel like we've handled that case according to best practices. Obviously, that case is not Boulder County law enforcement's greatest moment, but I feel like we've been able to handle it appropriately."

"My expectation is that charges will never be filed in the Ramsey case," he said. "The combination of some problems at the crime scene and early in the investigation, in my mind, are impossible to overcome."

pdf,

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/li...7_024005_Executive_Summary_-_Elk_Shooting.pdf

Boulder Police Department Executive Summary Investigation Into the ...
Executive Summary - Elk Shooting...

Mar 25, 2013 - This report is an executive summary of an extensive personnel investigation into allegations of serious misconduct involving Boulder Police Officers Sam Carter and Brent Curnow. Some detailed information is included, while other details have been excluded to protect information belonging to other ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back