Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
LISK is another glaring example of just how unprepared LE is in investigating stranger murders. Homicide detectives follow a tried and true formula when investigating a murder. They will always begin with the friends and family of the victim in an attempt to exclude, "or include" potential suspects. Phone records, financials, DMV, NCIC, resident history, work history, travel, electronic media forensics and all the gum shoe interviews ensue. Still, most homicides are solved using these text book methods. However, seemingly random murders, "I.E. serial murders" don't fit the LE playbook. Especially when the UNSUB has not only read the playbook, but knows it by heart. LISK fits the profile of seasoned LE. He, yes, He would be very successful in a LE career. Certainly not CSI or patrol but a well thought of investigator who had risen quickly through the ranks. He would certainly be married with, by now, adult children. But, "LISK" only describes the act, not the circumstances. I am convinced these women were lured into a cabal of men for their sexual wants/needs. I am also convinced that among these men there had to have been a medical professional along with LE. Shannon Gilbert had no drugs in her system, "that they tested for" but was clearly under the effect of psychotropic drugs or ethylene glycol. EG would explain her removing her clothes. And, a decade ago the effects of EG weren't as well know as they are today. But, a medical doctor would have known. If you include, "Bissett", LE and a doctor, that's three. Three is a cabal.

LISK is another glaring example of just how unprepared LE is in investigating stranger murders. Homicide detectives follow a tried and true formula when investigating a murder. They will always begin with the friends and family of the victim in an attempt to exclude, "or include" potential suspects. Phone records, financials, DMV, NCIC, resident history, work history, travel, electronic media forensics and all the gum shoe interviews ensue. Still, most homicides are solved using these text book methods. However, seemingly random murders, "I.E. serial murders" don't fit the LE playbook. Especially when the UNSUB has not only read the playbook, but knows it by heart. LISK fits the profile of seasoned LE. He, yes, He would be very successful in a LE career. Certainly not CSI or patrol but a well thought of investigator who had risen quickly through the ranks. He would certainly be married with, by now, adult children. But, "LISK" only describes the act, not the circumstances. I am convinced these women were lured into a cabal of men for their sexual wants/needs. I am also convinced that among these men there had to have been a medical professional along with LE. Shannon Gilbert had no drugs in her system, "that they tested for" but was clearly under the effect of psychotropic drugs or ethylene glycol. EG would explain her removing her clothes. And, a decade ago the effects of EG weren't as well know as they are today. But, a medical doctor would have known. If you include, "Bissett", LE and a doctor, that's three. Three is a cabal.
I agree that its 3 men but where does brewer fit into this? He has misogeny oozing out his pores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

why was whose calls not tracked ? only someone in the police dept would know that this tracking was not done correct ? I mean if you have information you investigate with it , but if you never get the cell phone tracking there is no way to continue getting leads

agree a mistake for sure not a couple ?? but the cell phone recordings I think would have helped us find this killer

=== TWO TOPICS:
1) S.G. stripping/nude
2) Call Tracing and Times Square

...(Snip = see original post for full text)...Shannon Gilbert had no drugs in her system, "that they tested for" but was clearly under the effect of psychotropic drugs or ethylene glycol. EG would explain her removing her clothes. And, a decade ago the effects of EG weren't as well know as they are today. ...(Snip = See original post for full text)...

=== #1 =====
Just as an fyi, with Hypothermia (Sudden or Dangerous drop in one's core internal body temperature for a prolonged period = see the Wikipedia definition among others), one of the effects of Hypothermia is that it occurs in 3 Stages: Mild, Moderate, and Severe.
With Mild = There is Mental Confusion, & Shivering moves into..
With Moderate = There is..Shivering Stops, Confusion Increases, moves into...
With Severe = There is paradoxial undressing, meaning that people strip naked, believing they are "hot" even if they happen to be standing thigh deep in either freezing cold water or snow! There is also the increased risk of One's heart stopping.

The alternative logic as to why S.G. stripped..I'm not saying people weren't chasing her or that she didn't fear for her life, because, I believe she did fear for her life, and that is what lead her to hide out in the cold, damp, wetness outside...I also believe that doing so, in the cold, she ended up suffering from hypothermia..and she stripped down, either being hot or thinking she'd get across the marsh/water, and put on her jeans on the other side...(just a theory, and everything is a theory unless there is proof/verifiable fact, to back it up)

==== # 2 ======
..(SNIP)..why was whose calls not tracked ? ..,(SNIP=see original post for full text)..

I believe that in one of the Documentaries (not sure which one, but I recall the snip-it of Time Square), it said that the perp made the calls originating from Times Square, and because of that, LE believed that the perp knew calls from that TS locale would be next to impossible to trace; also, because the perp knew that about TS and traceability, LE figured the perp likely had LE experience or exposure (from research or whatever), at least, that's my understanding of it all, if someone else knows differently, then as always, I welcome hearing, seeing, reading, about it...If you are discussing the calls to S.G.'s sister, if you are referencing other calls, I've no clue...

All Just my Humble Opinions & Theories, unless I reference a source...

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

=== TWO TOPICS:
1) S.G. stripping/nude

=== #1 =====
Just as an fyi, with Hypothermia (Sudden or Dangerous drop in one's core internal body temperature for a prolonged period = see the Wikipedia definition among others), one of the effects of Hypothermia is that it occurs in 3 Stages: Mild, Moderate, and Severe.
With Severe = There is paradoxial undressing, meaning that people strip naked, believing they are "hot" even if they happen to be standing thigh deep in either freezing cold water or snow! There is also the increased risk of One's heart stopping.

The alternative logic as to why S.G. stripped..I'm not saying people weren't chasing her or that she didn't fear for her life, because, I believe she did fear for her life, and that is what lead her to hide out in the cold, damp, wetness outside...I also believe that doing so, in the cold, she ended up suffering from hypothermia..and she stripped down, either being hot or thinking she'd get across the marsh/water, and put on her jeans on the other side...(just a theory, and everything is a theory unless there is proof/verifiable fact, to back it up)

==== # 2 ======

I believe that in one of the Documentaries (not sure which one, but I recall the snip-it of Time Square), it said that the perp made the calls originating from Times Square, and because of that, LE believed that the perp knew calls from that TS locale would be next to impossible to trace; also, because the perp knew that about TS and traceability, LE figured the perp likely had LE experience or exposure (from research or whatever), at least, that's my understanding of it all, if someone else knows differently, then as always, I welcome hearing, seeing, reading, about it...If you are discussing the calls to S.G.'s sister, if you are referencing other calls, I've no clue...

The calls were made to mbs sister

=== TWO TOPICS:
1) S.G. stripping/nude

=== #1 =====

==== # 2 ======

Aint that the truth...lisk has a heck of a karmic burden to pay.

The calls were made to mbs sister (SNIP)..

Whoops!, Sorry, I had S.G. on the brain! Good catch! So, Yeah!, what you said!..MBS's Sister...My bad, if other than that, then no I didn't have a clue about any calls....

I created a list of all victims of strangulation on Long Island from 1982 to 2012 from a list I made merged with a list Seaslug compiled. Nowhere did I find a "pair" of male and female victims murdered or dumped at the same time. A number of remains were partial remains and so old it was impossible to determine exact cause of death or time of death, even by year. This is certainly new information that there were "couples" found in Manorville and I would like to know who these victims were and when they were found. This case is so old many facts have been forgotten and now there is a lot of speculation with no basis whatsoever in fact. We used to always provide links to back up comments made but now it is just a free-for-all IMO. The thread I am referring to is titled "merged list of possible victims." I am not directing this comment to anyone in particular. I just finally thought someone should say something about "couples" in Manorville.

please send me your list. ty

I've always believed, "Brewer" to be the trained monkey of this group. His phone call, his house and his picture on the evening news. But, he was a financial guy with no experience in the medical arts or in LE. And, what is telling.....As SG franticly sought help beating on neighbor's doors, when those persons answering the door told her they were calling LE, she ran. Evidence, "at least in my opinion" that she feared LE.

IMO the key to solving this case is, "and always has been" Hackett's' wife. There has never been a believable explanation as to how Hackett acquired Mari Gilberts phone number. And, dutifully, Hackett's wife alibied him on the night of SG's disappearance.

IMO the key to solving this case is, "and always has been" Hackett's' wife. There has never been a believable explanation as to how Hackett acquired Mari Gilberts phone number. And, dutifully, Hackett's wife alibied him on the night of SG's disappearance.

I believe CPH stated to LE he that he got Shannan's mothers(Mari) phone number from Michael Pak and Alex Diaz, when they came to Oak Beach a few days after Shannan disappeared.

A number of sleuthers do not think this is true, they believe CPH retrieved it off Shannan's phone on the night Shannan disappeared. The reason they believe this, is why would CPH have any interest in calling Mari, and why would he ask for her number from Pak and Alex, and why would they give it to CPH? It makes no sense unless he is deeply involved in some way.

I do agree CPH's wife is crucial to solving this case, but chances are as his wife she will likely only corroborate what CPH says. If what some people believe of CPH is true, no doubt his wife would be wise to be fearful.

..(SNIP, see original post for full text)...As SG franticly sought help beating on neighbor's doors, when those persons answering the door told her they were calling LE, she ran. Evidence, "at least in my opinion" that she feared LE.

Outside of the ulterior motive of anyone in LE being involved w/the murders..(not saying one way or the other)....

However, S.G. was a prostitute (who was visiting a John and/or sex party), and prostitutes rarely run to LE voluntarily, because historically (and I think I can say this as a general given without any need to quote actual statistical evidence), when prostitutes (& other high risk individuals) do go to LE, (sadly), they are the ones that end up persecuted, interrogated, harassed, or, arrested with charges, because of their lifestyle and/or profession. So, while S.G. wanted help, and a safe haven from her situation, I can certainly understand her desire to avoid LE, and her viewing LE as something other than "help."

I'm not knocking what you're saying, as your views & opinions are certainly just as valid as the next person's.

I'm only pointing out the alternative and possible non-nefarious scenario/logic, which may explain her actions.

As always, just my own opinions and theories, unless sources are referenced or quoted.

What if the culprit is law enforcement...in this Long Island case...the Atlantic city case ...and West Mesa....why else would all three law enforcement agencies not want to solve case....who else better trained to get away with murder than a cop....

What if the culprit is law enforcement...in this Long Island case...the Atlantic city case ...and West Mesa....why else would all three law enforcement agencies not want to solve case....who else better trained to get away with murder than a cop....
That is a sick creepy thought but i have a feeling you might be right. Serial killer cops akin to pedophile teachers...

That may be what makes it feel so extra tainted with evil...yuk.

All valid points. However, I do disagree. "respectfully". On SG's 911 call she reported, "THEY are trying to kill me". If she did fear for her life, IMO, she would have sought the protection of LE, despite the consequences. Unless, it was some aspect of LE who had threatened her life. I could be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back