Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of resources devoted to the sewer search if they truly suspected something of value was down there.

They didn't close off the streets, or keep reporters back. A pump truck, and an officer. If there was a knife, glove, or gun down there, they'd do more to protect the integrity of the area, and maybe send cameras down before accidentally destroying evidence by sucking it up into the big vat of mess.

Rather than expecting to find evidence, this smacks of them expecting they will be questioned on the thoroughness of their investigation later.

Disagree. We routinely see images of sewer searches

Disagree. We routinely see images of sewer searches

What are you disagreeing with? Are you saying this is an adequate level of resources for a sewer search if they truly suspected they would find incriminating evidence?

If they suspected a glove was down there, wouldn't you want to preserve any possible DNA rather than suck it into a pumper truck that likely wasn't sterilized before it was used?

If they suspected there was a weapon, or item from the house, wouldn't you want to preserve any possible fingerprints or DNA from it, rather than suck it into a vat of mess, or have it rubbed off as it traveled up the pipe or sloshed around in the mess?

Did they block off public access to the sewers before they started pumping, or could someone slip something incriminating in two blocks away after they heard LE was looking?

If they found anything, a lot of the possible evidentiary value would now be compromised, and LE would be taken to task on how sloppy that search was.

I think I’m missing the point of the story unless it has to do with unpaid subcontractors. Help! Feeling dense. :)

Trudeau, who undoubtedly was floored hearing the shocking news, was in Toronto the 15th, the day the bodies were found...

That's all.

Trudeau, who undoubtedly was floored hearing the shocking news, was in Toronto the 15th, the day the bodies were found...

That's all.

OK thanks. I guess I’m just not getting the significance or implication of his presence in Toronto on the day the bodies were found.

Found this through a video http://www.pharmaholocaust.com/index.html

If you scroll underneath the authors' initial statement you will see some letters that are dated and signed.

Went to CanLII. Not sure if Americans can get onto CanLII. As a Canadian, I'm not able to get into some American legal sites
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onhrt/...ash=AAAAAQAIb3Jsb3dza2kAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=13

Wow this guy sure hates Apotex and Barry Sherman.Is he still alive and has he given up on his campaign?

Found this through a video http://www.pharmaholocaust.com/index.html

If you scroll underneath the authors' initial statement you will see some letters that are dated and signed.

Went to CanLII. Not sure if Americans can get onto CanLII. As a Canadian, I'm not able to get into some American legal sites
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onhrt/...ash=AAAAAQAIb3Jsb3dza2kAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=13

Wow! I am quite astonished after reading this. Wondering how many like stories are out there.

Wow this guy sure hates Apotex and Barry Sherman.Is he still alive and has he given up on his campaign?

He seems a little unhinged, but I suppose a long legal battle against insurmountable odds plus serious illness might cause anger and paranoia to emerge. I wonder if there have been other cases like this of workplace illness from working with pharmaceuticals.

ETA: I did a little googling and posted below part of a study about health hazards in the pharmaceutical industry.

Look at the lack of resources devoted to this search, the lack of concern about tampering or contamination, how close the reporters and photograhers could get to the worker and officer, the informal chit chat with reporters and the fact LE admit that they were acting out of an "abundance of caution".

This has no appearance of being a serious search. It seems more to create an appearance of having made a search.

If this were a street person or low income person, I am sure all these resources would not be used. Nor, would this many officers be involved. They were asked to do a thorough search and they are doing so. From what I have read, it appears the neighbours are a little bit put off by the number of officers constantly in the area....closing off the street might be a bit much. Don’t forget there are other elite people living in the area with political and social pull as well.

Wow! I am quite astonished after reading this. Wondering how many like stories are out there.

I wondered how safe working in pharmaceutical manufacturing is also. A quick google turned up this detailed study. Many, many health issues can arise, apparently, and it appears that drug manufacturers are not very proactive about worker safety. Here’s a snippet from the conclusions reached in this study:

When it comes to OHS issues, they tend to emphasis personal rather than company responsibility (as, for example, in behaviour-based safety programs).

Large pharmaceutical companies have done innovative work to classify chemical and biological hazards found in their plants and to develop methods to control exposures using a categorisation system known as control banding. While this method can speed up problem-solving activities, it is not based on efforts to substitute less hazardous materials—especially for APIs—and does not question the use or development of a substance before its hazards are known. Green chemistry efforts, which could address substitution issues, are rarely applied to APIs by the industry. While there is much attention in the literature and reports to the chemicals used, produced or present in drug R&D and production facilities, we still know very little about the consequences of exposure to most of them or of their interactions with other hazards.

In particular, the hazards posed by multiple exposures need careful consideration. A worker whose immune system is compromised by a stressful work environment, and whose workplace is not well-designed ergonomically, may well suffer more harm from exposure to toxic chemicals than someone whose only exposure is to the chemical hazard. As well, multiple chemical and biologic exposures, and repeated or long-term exposure must be considered.

http://www.whp-apsf.ca/pdf/Pharmaceutical Manufacturing- Health Safety _2_.pdf

A little more googling reveals that working in the pharmaceutical industry can definitely be hazardous to one’s health.

[FONT=&quot]OSHA has identified worker exposure to hazardous drugs as a problem of increasing health concern. Preparation, administration, manufacturing, and disposal of hazardous medications may expose hundreds of thousands of workers, principally in healthcare facilities and the pharmaceutical industry, to potentially significant workplace levels of these chemicals. Antineoplastic cytotoxic medications, anesthetic agents, anti-viral agents, and others, have been identified as hazardous. These hazardous medications are capable of causing serious effects including cancer, organ toxicity, fertility problems, genetic damage, and birth defects.[/FONT]

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/hazardousdrugs/index.html

great sleuthing Researchnut !

Indeed it is. Although I’m still on the fence leaning toward murder/suicide, unacknowledged health issues related to manufacturing pharmaceuticals for Apotex would certainly provide a motive for murder...assuming the vengeful individual was healthy enough to do it.

Are you implicating Trudeau? 

I wondered the same thing. Thanks for not dancing around it like I did!

I'm not sure if he is still alive. He is asking for donations.
There is more information about his legal battle on CanLII.
He does seem a little unhinged whoever, he does have some interesting names and information on his webpage. Something to look at while we are awaiting actual LE annoncements and evidence .
I'm very interested in this case as I'm fairly local and have lived in Toronto.
We have seen the LE in T.O. bungle murder cases here. Wayne Millard comes to mind. Thought to be a suicide, and now going to court as a murder.Same city
For me it's always the why,the stats,and the psychology . IMO I do not believe this man committed this murder. Seems too disorganized.
Statistically, there has NEVER been a case where two wealthy people commited suicide by hanging themselves ,without a note. I cannot find one. Maybe someone here can. If they find one,what would be the percentage of wealthy couples that were found hung by thier own hands?
Also ,I hear about breakins from wealthy clients. The company that I work for services thier homes. Plus, wealthy people do leave thier doors unlocked quite frequently.
I get access codes to doors and homes ALL the time. I tell people to change thier codes,and make them more complicated. You would be surprised at how many people use ABCD,or 1234...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/york-police-robberies-garage-door-1.3953272

ALL JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member