Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK thanks. I guess I’m just not getting the significance or implication of his presence in Toronto on the day the bodies were found.

No significance or implication,,,just an OBSERVATiON....

Read and roll FOLKS.

Happy hoho EVERYONE

Merry new year too!

(ETA ignore works too)

Wow! I am quite astonished after reading this. Wondering how many like stories are out there.
meh. Large grain of salt here. The $11 billion company I worked for changed its name and the officers received death threats from employees. This gentleman does not sound mentally healthy.

How could Apotex have prevented him from getting medical care?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Roof - Aerial ladders were provided by Toronto Fire Department to search the roof of the home.

Sewer Search - A crime analyst for CTV news states in this video that he has only ever seen 1 search in the sewers during an investigation. Either LE has evidence that something was TOSSED in a sewer, or they are being cautious.

MOO, is that more than 1 week after recovery, on a Saturday, in a snowstorm, LE would not be having all the surrounding sewers pumped to filter elsewhere and using magnetic sticks, if there wasn't a reason.

I will speculate that they are searching for keys.

Please listen and watch this video.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/police-seen-searching-sewer-roof-of-sherman-mansion-1.3734344

Is there confirmation of the use of male leather belts and their jackets being behind their backs, by anything other than the Daily UK?

I'm trying to read the entire thread 1 and 2, but it's taking a bit of time.

Does anyone have thoughts on the new cannabis pill that Sherman was looking to manufacture, as per the new article in Star posted last night?

Isn't that a departure from reproducing existing medicines?

Also - could his political influence have driven the fairly new practice by insurance companies to insist on a generic and less expensive medicine be used at all times, unless a specific note by the Dr.is issued necessitating the original medicine? That came into effect around 2 years ago, correct? What a way to increase business!

Is there confirmation of the use of male leather belts and their jackets being behind their backs, by anything other than the Daily UK?

Does anyone have thoughts on the new cannabis pill that Sherman was looking to manufacture, as per the new article in Star posted last night?

Also - could his political influence have driven the fairly new practice by insurance companies to insist on a generic and less expensive medicine be used at all times, unless a specific note by the Dr.is issued necessitating the original medicine? That came into effect around 2 years ago, correct? What a way to increase business!

Nice to "see" you Wondergirl!
Belt information is not from LE, but originally from these sources..

https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKBN1EF1VV-OCATP
The Shermans were found hanging by belts around their necks from a railing beside a pool in the basement of their Toronto mansion, a friend of the family told Reuters.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-mystery-shrouds-deaths-of-billionaire-couple
Sources say investigators found the Shermans, side by side, in their windowless pool room, each with a men’s leather belt wrapped around their necks and tied to the pool railing. Both had on jackets that were pulled “behind their backs” and rolled down over their arms.

It is believed the camera in the pool area had been disconnected.

Do we know if the second blue car parked close to the front door of the house was Barry's?

I'm wondering if it could have been the real estate agent's car, because presumably police would have required it to be left there until they had completed their checks of the crime scene.

Anyone know the colour and make of Barry's car? Only I'm thinking Barry and Honey may have arrived home in Honey's car. She could have picked him up from work and driven together to the architects. Or he could have driven home from work and parked his car in the garage and they went together in Honey's car.

Hmm. Okay.

So the 6 car underground garage had Barry's car parked in it? Honey's lexus was towed away a week later. Did video surface?

Would the lights have been on a timer? I guess not, or they would have been off when LE found them.

Did the Sherman's travel in the same vehicle together often?

When and where are their last known whereabouts?

Their coats being used to restrain them in that way seems a bit unusual.

Were their boots on?

The retired LE CTV analyst indicated that there must be multiple crime scenes since they were there so long processing.

The Sherman's did not deserve to die in such a heinous fashion. By the little known facts, it does seem to indicate a professional hit to me.

The key question as raised by others though - why kill BOTH of them? Many potential motives to kill him. But not her.

Hi Wondergirl,

Great questions !

In my opinion, the police are unable to either confirm or deny what the "sources" have said as it would be construed as "leaking information.

Not verified yet however it has been stated recently that the Shermans travelled in two different cars to meet their architect. Apparently, Barry left for work to attend the meeting and Honey left from home.

Hmm. Okay.

So the 6 car underground garage had Barry's car parked in it? Honey's lexus was towed away a week later. Did video surface?

Would the lights have been on a timer? I guess not, or they would have been off when LE found them.

Did the Sherman's travel in the same vehicle together often?

When and where are their last known whereabouts?

Their coats being used to restrain them in that way seems a bit unusual.

Were their boots on?

The retired LE CTV analyst indicated that there must be multiple crime scenes since they were there so long processing.

The Sherman's did not deserve to die in such a heinous fashion. By the little known facts, it does seem to indicate a professional hit to me.

The key question as raised by others though - why kill BOTH of them? Many potential motives to kill him. But not her.

If it's a hit, I also wonder why Honey was also killed. And...she was killed elsewhere in the house and prior to Barry's death so there was at least some sort of lag time between the deaths in which the killer positioned her at the pool. Why??

jmo

Regarding the marijuana pill:

"After connecting with Aubrey, the pair’s professional relationship gave way to a personal one that drew her husband into the mix.

By the end of the Shermans’ lives, the two men and former rivals would be sending emails back and forth about the ideal formulations to put medical marijuana into a pill."

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...nnector-with-best-rolodex-in-the-country.html

If it's a hit, I also wonder why Honey was also killed. And...she was killed elsewhere in the house and prior to Barry's death so there was at least some sort of lag time between the deaths in which the killer positioned her at the pool. Why??

jmo
Did I miss the release of TOD? Could you link that? The murder-suicide scenario would suggest her being killed first and possibly elsewhere. But I didn't realize it was a fact. TIA

Regarding the marijuana pill:

"After connecting with Aubrey, the pair’s professional relationship gave way to a personal one that drew her husband into the mix.

By the end of the Shermans’ lives, the two men and former rivals would be sending emails back and forth about the ideal formulations to put medical marijuana into a pill."

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...nnector-with-best-rolodex-in-the-country.html

Lots of medicinal marijuana company's offer THC / CBD capsules however Nabilone is a different animal...a synthetic cannabinoid

https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00486

:thinking:

JUST AN OBSERVATION, FWIW

:loveyou:

OBSERVATION Re: prescription drugs in Ontario:

Major medicare expansion as young get free Rx drugs
December 25, 2017

Snipped...
...A new prescription drug program that covers all Ontario residents until their 25th birthday is a major step toward a national pharmacare program, Health Minister Dr. Eric Hoskins predicts.

OHIP+ allows any child, teen or young adult with a health card to access the roughly 4,400 prescription drugs on the provincial formulary without charge starting Jan. 1.

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/major-medicare-expansion-as-young-get-free-rx-drugs

Ignoring the evidence for a bit (and really we know very little at this point).

This case is obviously politically charged for the police. They have done a remarkable job of shutting down any leaks and have basically said nothing. I do think two papers, The Sun and Post, are proceeding very cautiously due to Paul Godfrey’s friendship with the Shermans and the tweet of the previous editor.

My feeling is that if this was looking like a double murder the police would either issue a statement or leak that information (purposefully, not a real leak) in order to placate the family. I suspect that they would also want the family to back off a little with their own investigation.

With today being a stat holiday and the family possibly still sitting shiva I wouldn’t expect anything today. Tomorrow seems like the earliest that we might hear something, officially or otherwise.

Anyway, just trying to read the tea leaves. We don’t have much to go on.

Did I miss the release of TOD? Could you link that? The murder-suicide scenario would suggest her being killed first and possibly elsewhere. But I didn't realize it was a fact. TIA

Time of death (TOD) has not been released, but it has been reported that Honey died somewhere other than the location where she was found. I can search for a link, but it was reported rather early in the case - it's not a new piece of info.

Time of death (TOD) has not been released, but it has been reported that Honey died somewhere other than the location where she was found. I can search for a link, but it was reported rather early in the case - it's not a new piece of info.

"An initial investigation has revealed that Honey was killed in a different location, then moved to the basement pool, police sources told the Toronto Sun."

https://nypost.com/2017/12/16/murder-suicide-suspected-after-billionaire-wife-found-dead-in-mansion/

Thank you for posting. Quote doesn't work: should be: http://frankmag.ca/2017/12/what-happened-to-the-shermans/

This is the only "source" of information about the Shermans driving in separate cars to meet their architect on Wednesday evening.

Not sure how viable this is.

I can't seem to find information about them meeting with their architect on Wednesday evening anywhere else.

Perhaps someone else has found this.

An interesting read is all:

Modern Medicine Needs Pot In A Pill
January 13, 2017

Snipped...
...But there's a catch.

To be fully accepted by the medical establishment, the delivery method for medical marijuana has to evolve. In other words, smoking or eating cannabis-infused foods must be replaced by slow-release, standardized-dosage pills or capsules. And they have to be pharmaceutical-grade.

Additionally, their legitimacy as proven drug therapies has to be backed-up by government-approved clinical trials.

As soon as this happens, patented pain-relieving formulations for pot in a pill will become multi-billion dollar "blockbuster drugs". (More on this in a moment.)

That's why some medical marijuana growers -- both in the U.S. and Canada -- have their eyes on this hugely lucrative prize.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/marc-davis-/modern-medicine-marijuana-pill_b_14135858.html

BBM

Great post! I agree with your point about keeping some things private. But I have to teasingly ask...how does anyone in your family get anything done? You’re all on the phone all the time! :D

We do love our cell phones. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member