Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

In the bolded phrases, are you saying that the State of North Carolina does things a certain way, or are you referring to the state where you live? I'm a bit confused. I have watched and sleuthed a lot of NC cases, and usually a suspect is charged with a particular crime (1st Degree Murder or 2nd Degree Murder, for example) because it is a charge that the prosecutors feel that they can prove, and one that is supported by a Grand Jury.

I'm guessing that you are from another state since NC gained statehood in 1789, and was the 11th State of the Union.

No biggie whatsoever, just curious. Could you be a Texan? If so, you live in an historically amazing and interesting state! Lots to offer! Been there, would like to visit again!

BBM

I was referring to the state I live in. Not Texas but close.

I've seen this quote mentioned a few times in the threads and I can't get over a nagging feeling that AW isn't providing the entire story regarding CPS and the removal/return of the children. If the court believed that such a risk existed if the children stayed with the mother then why did the court return the children? I know it's hip to hate on CPS and the family courts, and rightfully so, but this seems like a pretty big, in your face screw-up. This is the kinda thing that can end careers, maybe even see people in prison for professional misconduct/professional negligence. I know we aren't supposed to bad mouth AW since he's a victim but I think he's either lying about something or only giving half the story about why the kids were returned.

I dont think its 'hip' to badmouth CPS. I think its 'woke' (isnt that what all the kids say now a days? lol) to question every move they make. Statistics tell us CPS needs a complete overhaul. Governers across the country always promise to make that happen. It never does. They are a failed system. Too many kids are injured or killed and more are missing, thanks to a failed CPS system. Is there any good with CPS. I am sure there are countless positive stories. But the fact there are way too many failed stories across the country and even closer, NC, is enough to take an innocent father's side (literally no evidence he was not a great father) over the actions of a bureaucratic govt run agency. IMO

sources:
http://justiceforchildren.org/about-us/system-is-failing-our-children/

According to the National Committee to Prevent Child Abuse, 3 million new reports of child neglect or abuse were made in 1993, one report every 10 seconds. The recent National Incidence Survey III conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services found that fully 72% of all reports received by CPS, or 2,160,000 reports of abuse or neglect, were never investigated by CPS. 1993 records from Children’s Protective Services (“CPS”) show that almost half of all children who were confirmed as abused or neglected did not receive any follow-up assistance from CPS.

Of those cases reported, an estimated 1,299 children died from abuse or neglect. 90% of those children were age 5 or younger. And, 42% of the children who died had been previously reported to CPS as being in danger.

NC Child Welfare System Failing Children, Families, Reports Say
https://www.northcarolinahealthnews...system-failing-children-families-reports-say/

North Carolina’s child protection programs get poor marks
http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/NC/20160118/News/606016769/HT/

Observer Investigation: Deaths point to crisis in NC’s child welfare system
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/201...s-point-to-crisis-in-ncs-child-welfare-system
A Fayetteville Observer investigation found more than 120 children have died in the state within a year of their parents or caregivers being referred to a DSS agency. More than 30 of the children were killed — beaten to death, shot, drowned, smothered or poisoned by drugs.

.......way too many sources to link here. I believe hardly anyone's 'careers' are being ended by the consistent failure of CPS.

I dont think its 'hip' to badmouth CPS. I think its 'woke' (isnt that what all the kids say now a days? lol) to question every move they make. Statistics tell us CPS needs a complete overhaul. Governers across the country always promise to make that happen. It never does. They are a failed system. Too many kids are injured or killed and more are missing, thanks to a failed CPS system. Is there any good with CPS. I am sure there are countless positive stories. But the fact there are way too many failed stories across the country and even closer, NC, is enough to take an innocent father's side (literally no evidence he was not a great father) over the actions of a bureaucratic govt run agency. IMO

Parents need to stop abusing and neglecting their children. Family and community members need to step in and try to intervene in abusive situations. When you really think about it, it’s ridiculous that we put the responsibility for policing our own families on a state agency. There’s a lot said and written about the fallout from our failing families and lack of community support system, but our children are bearing highest biggest costs.

I’m not sure which is a bigger pipe dream: praying for people to protect their children and respect their families or waiting for government bureaucrats to step in and change our communities for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why so long? Sorry if already asked and answered.

re April 2nd court date - :dunno:

I would expect a hearing before that time....but it says "Arraignment Hearing", so maybe not.

sources:
http://justiceforchildren.org/about-us/system-is-failing-our-children/

According to the National Committee to Prevent Child Abuse, 3 million new reports of child neglect or abuse were made in 1993, one report every 10 seconds. The recent National Incidence Survey III conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services found that fully 72% of all reports received by CPS, or 2,160,000 reports of abuse or neglect, were never investigated by CPS. 1993 records from Children’s Protective Services (“CPS”) show that almost half of all children who were confirmed as abused or neglected did not receive any follow-up assistance from CPS.

Of those cases reported, an estimated 1,299 children died from abuse or neglect. 90% of those children were age 5 or younger. And, 42% of the children who died had been previously reported to CPS as being in danger.

NC Child Welfare System Failing Children, Families, Reports Say
https://www.northcarolinahealthnews...system-failing-children-families-reports-say/

North Carolina’s child protection programs get poor marks
http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/NC/20160118/News/606016769/HT/

Observer Investigation: Deaths point to crisis in NC’s child welfare system
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/201...s-point-to-crisis-in-ncs-child-welfare-system
A Fayetteville Observer investigation found more than 120 children have died in the state within a year of their parents or caregivers being referred to a DSS agency. More than 30 of the children were killed — beaten to death, shot, drowned, smothered or poisoned by drugs.

.......way too many sources to link here. I believe hardly anyone's 'careers' are being ended by the consistent failure of CPS.

They are in such bad shape here in Ohio and so many cases, that they are training LSWA's to assist.The most vulnerable of our society and the system fails them. It breaks my heart.

Still no murder charge for EK and still no arrest for KW?

As I said I think Mariah died by an accident and EK and KW panicked and stupidly tried to cover it up by hiding her body and reporting her missing.

I have often thought she might have been ran over with the vehicle that night when they got home, or maybe opened the door and fell out before the vehicle stopped moving.

JMO

Still no murder charge for EK and still no arrest for KW?

As I said I think Mariah died by an accident and EK and KW panicked and stupidly tried to cover it up by hiding her body and reporting her missing.

I have often thought she might have been ran over with the vehicle that night when they got home, or maybe opened the door and fell out before the vehicle stopped moving.

JMO

I've thought an accident of some sort and they felt the need to cover up other things going on in their lives. Never crossed my mind maybe she was run over or something like that. But even if that's what happened, they're covering up something else. imo

I honestly think that the hold up is the Toxicology report. They take up to 6 weeks or more for results. I wont' be surprised if it turns out she was given something that caused her death.

I honestly think that the hold up is the Toxicology report. They take up to 6 weeks or more for results. I wont' be surprised if it turns out she was given something that caused her death.

Agree completely with you on this.
Like maybe when she woke in the night someone gave her a sleep aid or prescription to keep her asleep? Disgusting...but my other thought was perhaps the perp gave her something to drug her in order to molest her? Gross- can’t bring my mind to that but after reading this forum for awhile it happens...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member