GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

JMO
If there was plans for Christmas then wonder where the sister lives in relation to the victim's place. It may help narrow down the timeframe because the sister must have begun calling them once they didnt show up on Christmas morning or by Christmas day.

Confused why it took the property manager till the next day to find them.

Wouldnt they have started calling and looking for them on Christmas day when they didnt show up. And why the property manager unless their house was far away. If it was far away then usually people will contact each other when heading out on the road. Especially with christmas traffic. The timeline should be much narrower I would think from the first attempted contact on Christmas that went unanswered. If there was an attempt to contact them which I would think there would have been.

"Shanta Myers' sister said they had planned to spend the holiday together.
"My sister was supposed to be with me and her children, all three of them, for Christmas, and I got robbed of that," said Shakera Symes. She said her suffering is irreparable." "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/troy-n...der-teen-learns-mother-brother-sister-killed/

JMO
If there was plans for Christmas then wonder where the sister lives in relation to the victim's place. It may help narrow down the timeframe because the sister must have begun calling them once they didnt show up on Christmas morning or by Christmas day.

Wouldnt they have started calling and looking for them on Christmas day when they didnt show up. And why the property manager unless their house was far away. If it was far away then usually people will contact each other when heading out on the road. Especially with christmas traffic. The timeline should be much narrower I would think from the first attempted contact on Christmas that went unanswered. If there was an attempt to contact them which I would think there would have been.

"My sister was supposed to be with me and her children, all three of them, for Christmas, and I got robbed of that," said Shakera Symes. She said her suffering is irreparable." "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/troy-n...der-teen-learns-mother-brother-sister-killed/

Maybe it took awhile for the sister to track down the property manager, especially on a holiday. Just a guess.

JMO

My first thought when they didn't turn up and were not answering phones, would have been a traffic accident. Maybe she investigated that angle first. I guess she had to do the normal Christmas things to, so as not to ruin it for her own children.

JMO

I thought the same thing. Then again some families have multiple get togethers. From grandma, aunts, cousins, in laws etc... I myself did not make it to one house this year because I ran out of time. I didn’t call the person until the next day. No red flags as they figured that was the reason . It probably wasn’t until the day after that she tried calling and became concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing. Then again some families have multiple get togethers. From grandma, aunts, cousins, in laws etc... I myself did not make it to one house this year because I ran out of time. I didn’t call the person until the next day. No red flags as they figured that was the reason . It probably wasn’t until the day after that she tried calling and became concerned.

Yea it is a busy time and nobody would think something this bad had happened. I am curious to know how far apart their homes were.

Because if they were relatively close then when they didnt show up like they had planned and nobody was answering then I would think they could just drive on over there to check on them too.

Would like to know more about who called who and when and why the property manager had to get involved. Maybe the police were the ones getting the property manager.

Psychopathy is a diagnosis of mental illness, in particular, a psychopath is an individual with a severe mental illness that is marked by violent tendencies who commits violent crimes due to some mental process. Lets not demean those who suffer with psychopathy by putting them into the same category as someone who murders 4 people. These are the actions of a criminal, not a psychopath.

There is no such diagnosis as "psychopath" in the DSM. And just because psychologists have figured out a way to categorize evil doesn't mean these people are not evil. They are evil. That's what psychopaths are. Devoid of normal empathy or remorse, cold, egotistical, enjoying harming others.

Most murders have psychopathic traits. It is baffling that anyone would think psychopaths are poor unfortunate souls who shouldn't be equated with criminals. Criminality is one of their major traits. In fact, 93% of them are in prisons or jails or on probation or parole, in the US. today. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4059069/

Also, this appears to be a very organized killing which is the hallmark of psychopathic killers: "When psychopaths commit a homicide, their killings likely will be planned and purposeful—that is, organized, and not committed in the heat of passion. The motive of a psychopathic killer will often involve either power and control or sadistic gratification." https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201701/why-psychopaths-are-effective-killers

http://psycnet.apa.org/record/2002-17277-003

And predatory violence, which this appears to be, is linked to psychopathic traits: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1348/135532510X527722/abstract

No, psychopaths are not people to be pitied. They are people to be feared.

Yea it is a busy time and nobody would think something this bad had happened. I am curious to know how far apart their homes were.

Because if they were relatively close then when they didnt show up like they had planned and nobody was answering then I would think they could just drive on over there to check on them too.

Would like to know more about who called who and when and why the property manager had to get involved. Maybe the police were the ones getting the property manager.

If the police called the property manager then the property manager would not have called the police to report the bodies.
They also would have not allowed the property manager to enter and find the bodies.
They would have simply had the property manager come over and unlock the place then the police would have cleared it and found the bodies themselves.

This post is landing at random.

Websleuths is victim friendly. Victim bashing is not allowed.

If you have an MSM link that supports a theory that drugs were involved, link it up !! Otherwise, don't go there.

Thanks.

I'm interested in the process of welfare visits/entries in the Troy jurisdiction. I had an experience here in So Cal that has left me concerned and curious. In my situation, I called our apartment manager out of concern for my elderly neighbor who lives alone, was post medical surgery, and was not answering the door or phone for a week. I was told he could not legally enter without the police present. So I called police and was told that they could not authorize an entry without an external sign of a problem, such as a sign of forced entry or concerning sounds from within.
Luckily, my neighbor was fine, but the experience left me puzzled.

Can anyone else comment for the requirements in their area?

I'm interested in the process of welfare visits/entries in the Troy jurisdiction. I had an experience here in So Cal that has left me concerned and curious. In my situation, I called our apartment manager out of concern for my elderly neighbor who lives alone, was post medical surgery, and was not answering the door or phone for a week. I was told he could not legally enter without the police present. So I called police and was told that they could not authorize an entry without an external sign of a problem, such as a sign of forced entry or concerning sounds from within.
Luckily, my neighbor was fine, but the experience left me puzzled.

Can anyone else comment for the requirements in their area?

BBM. That is strange. I would think no noises from within after they had knocked would be more concerning, especially with a vulnerable older person.

I tend to agree it was an organized crime as gitana1 such stated.
Psychopath , sociopath, narcissist etc... doesn’t truly matter . It’s a label. All of the above in my mind.
Please return to why..
Why would someone do this.. with two kids? Murder alone is beyond ones thought.. to kill two kids in such a manner..
Why? What would provoke one to do such?

Slaying victim's 'heart was bigger than her'

It would be days of wondering and knocking on Brandi Mells’ door before her mother discovered the 22-year-old had been murdered in the apartment just below her.
Family members were happy when Mells and her mother moved to Troy, where one of her three brothers lived, because they thought she would be safe there. Now, Mells' uncle Keith McCutchen said he fears his optimistic niece placed her trust in the wrong person.
Mells’ cousin Sharonda Bennett, 30, had plans to move from New Jersey to Troy with her husband and kids to be closer to Mells and her new family. Mells and Myers got engaged earlier this year, Bennett said, and Myers’ kids got along with Bennett’s children.
“Her heart was bigger than her,” Bennett said. “Brandi wouldn’t make any enemies. That’s why I don’t understand who would do this.”

LOTS more in article at link above.

~jmo~

BBM. That is strange. I would think no noises from within after they had knocked would be more concerning, especially with a vulnerable older person.

I thought so too... Sadly, the lesson I learned was that I needed to report a disturbance of some sort, rather than the truth if the situation arises again. I could tell the officers felt bad about it, thus the *wink nudge* tip about how exactly to report. What a world, huh?

Slaying victim's 'heart was bigger than her'

It would be days of wondering and knocking on Brandi Mells’ door before her mother discovered the 22-year-old had been murdered in the apartment just below her.
Family members were happy when Mells and her mother moved to Troy, where one of her three brothers lived, because they thought she would be safe there. Now, Mells' uncle Keith McCutchen said he fears his optimistic niece placed her trust in the wrong person.
Mells’ cousin Sharonda Bennett, 30, had plans to move from New Jersey to Troy with her husband and kids to be closer to Mells and her new family. Mells and Myers got engaged earlier this year, Bennett said, and Myers’ kids got along with Bennett’s children.
“Her heart was bigger than her,” Bennett said. “Brandi wouldn’t make any enemies. That’s why I don’t understand who would do this.”

LOTS more in article at link above.

~jmo~

Brandi's mom lived in the apartment above?!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back