Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
I keep going back to the, "Baden" autopsy. His conclusion was that SG, "probably" died of manual asphyxiation. Just a thought.

All valid points. However, I do disagree. "respectfully". On SG's 911 call she reported, "THEY are trying to kill me". If she did fear for her life, IMO, she would have sought the protection of LE, despite the consequences. Unless, it was some aspect of LE who had threatened her life. I could be wrong.
Yep....and it wasnt he was trying to kill me. It was they are trying to kill me = more than 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I keep going back to the, "Baden" autopsy. His conclusion was that SG, "probably" died of manual asphyxiation. Just a thought.
Yes, she was the one who almost got away and it was from brewers house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes.. theres more info to support she was strangled than just running off and drowning imo.

Badens findings support it.

http://pix11.com/2016/02/12/craigsl...-may-have-been-tortured-before-death-autopsy/

Snip..

This recent, independent autopsy was performed by former New York City Medical Examiner, Dr. Michael Baden. Baden noted:

"Almost all of the skeletal bones were recovered and appeared normal. There was no evidence of trauma. However, the larynx was missing and only the body of the hyoid bone was found; the two greater horns of that neck bone were missing. These structures, the larynx and the hyoid bone, are often fractured during homicidal manual strangulation. My examination of the recovered body of the hyoid bone, after it had been anthropologically de-fleshed, showed a roughness at the margins where the separated bones had been attached."

Baden found no evidence to support the theory that drugs might have caused her to fall into the water.

Baden concluded, "There is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death, but the autopsy findings are consistent with strangulation."

I believe CPH stated to LE he that he got Shannan's mothers(Mari) phone number from Michael Pak and Alex Diaz, when they came to Oak Beach a few days after Shannan disappeared.

A number of sleuthers do not think this is true, they believe CPH retrieved it off Shannan's phone on the night Shannan disappeared. The reason they believe this, is why would CPH have any interest in calling Mari, and why would he ask for her number from Pak and Alex, and why would they give it to CPH? It makes no sense unless he is deeply involved in some way.

I do agree CPH's wife is crucial to solving this case, but chances are as his wife she will likely only corroborate what CPH says. If what some people believe of CPH is true, no doubt his wife would be wise to be fearful.

According to Kolker’s book CPH was asked to call Mari by Diaz since CPH boasted of being in charge at Oak Beach no where have I ever read he asked for Mari’s number.

It’s very possible she was strangled I have been back and forth with my outlook on what happend to SG I do belive that some people on Oak beach may know who the lisk is or have had contact with him ither in business or politically

According to Kolker’s book CPH was asked to call Mari by Diaz since CPH boasted of being in charge at Oak Beach no where have I ever read he asked for Mari’s number.

There is much more to Hackett calling Mari than Kolker's book, folks.

Don't forget - it has been in msm that Hackett called Mari and told Mari that he treated Shannan and that Shannan left with the driver (that would be Pak.)

Tom Canning told Alex that Hacket was a big shot in OB, and told Alex to talk to Hackett. Alex then told Hackett to call Mari and H called M and apparently said he would help her and the Gilbert family.

Yes.. theres more info to support she was strangled than just running off and drowning imo.

Badens findings support it.

http://pix11.com/2016/02/12/craigsl...-may-have-been-tortured-before-death-autopsy/

Snip..

This recent, independent autopsy was performed by former New York City Medical Examiner, Dr. Michael Baden. Baden noted:

"Almost all of the skeletal bones were recovered and appeared normal. There was no evidence of trauma. However, the larynx was missing and only the body of the hyoid bone was found; the two greater horns of that neck bone were missing. These structures, the larynx and the hyoid bone, are often fractured during homicidal manual strangulation. My examination of the recovered body of the hyoid bone, after it had been anthropologically de-fleshed, showed a roughness at the margins where the separated bones had been attached."

Baden found no evidence to support the theory that drugs might have caused her to fall into the water.

Baden concluded, "There is insufficient information to determine a definite cause of death, but the autopsy findings are consistent with strangulation."

To be specific, he could not rule out strangulation, but there was no evidence that she was strangled either. The bones were just missing, and they could have been missing for unrelated reasons.

The remains were skeletal, so obviously he is not going to find any evidence of drugs. That does not mean that drugs were not involved however.

So he really had nothing to add to the story.

There is much more to Hackett calling Mari than Kolker's book, folks.

Don't forget - it has been in msm that Hackett called Mari and told Mari that he treated Shannan and that Shannan left with the driver (that would be Pak.)

Tom Canning told Alex that Hacket was a big shot in OB, and told Alex to talk to Hackett. Alex then told Hackett to call Mari and H called M and apparently said he would help her and the Gilbert family.

Yes, but it was only Mari claiming that he said those things. She may have had other reasons for claiming that, she may have misremembered the conversation or she may have misunderstood the conversation. It happens. Her account of the conversation came a long time after it happened and after a lot of other events had taken place, so it is unlikely that it is accurate.

The account of the conversation would be more credible if it was made as part of the original missing person report, in other words if the account had been made immediately.

If any of these people were involved in some nefarious activity with Gilbert, they sure as hell would not be calling her mother about it some days later.

Yes, but it was only Mari claiming that he said those things. She may have had other reasons for claiming that, she may have misremembered the conversation or she may have misunderstood the conversation. It happens. Her account of the conversation came a long time after it happened and after a lot of other events had taken place, so it is unlikely that it is accurate.

The account of the conversation would be more credible if it was made as part of the original missing person report, in other words if the account had been made immediately.

If any of these people were involved in some nefarious activity with Gilbert, they sure as hell would not be calling her mother about it some days later.

But it was only Mari who was called, and Hackett called her, so when you spoke to Mari, and when you spoke
to Hackett, what did they tell you? Mari "claimed" he (being Hackett) said those things,

BECAUSE HE DID say those things.

and it is on the official record. Go to Jersey City PD, get Mari Gilbert's missing person report (versus Alex Diaz's SG missing person report,) and you'll see - it's on the official record. The MSM media, which I'm guessing you are getting
your factual (bwahhhh hahahaha) information from in this case, has suppressed that actual report, for some reason.

As I have said again and again and again, there are things about Pak and Hackett calling Mari that the public has not
been privy to, and without the initial calls to Mari and the facts behind them, you don't have the full picture
of what happened to Shannan, where she was, how she arrived at Hackett's and how she left Hackett's and who drove her away.

There are people in Oak Beach who saw and told. Yup. And they're still alive. and NO - I'm not talking about fluke being a witness - seems like he and his brood have a ax to grind against peg leg.

I have it on the record straight out of the horses mouth (that would be Mari) and no, she' s not alive, but her words are, and they are on the record.

Happy New Year everybody.

To be specific, he could not rule out strangulation, but there was no evidence that she was strangled either. The bones were just missing, and they could have been missing for unrelated reasons.

The remains were skeletal, so obviously he is not going to find any evidence of drugs. That does not mean that drugs were not involved however.

So he really had nothing to add to the story.

I understand what youre saying.. the point i was trying to make was that the scpd theory that she ran off and drowned, is just that, a theory.. its no different or any more credible than the theory that she was strangled imo.

I understand what youre saying.. the point i was trying to make was that the scpd theory that she ran off and drowned, is just that, a theory.. its no different or any more credible than the theory that she was strangled imo.

If this goes to trial, all the people in SCPD that said SG drowned in a thimble full of water, can be called to the witness stand, so that remains to be worked out in court.
Im not talking about SCPD and any nefarious-ness regarding them.

I'm staying RIGHT at the scene of the crime and both Pak and Hackett were there. That's a fact. That will come out in court, mark my words.

But it was only Mari who was called, and Hackett called her, so when you spoke to Mari, and when you spoke
to Hackett, what did they tell you? Mari "claimed" he (being Hackett) said those things,

BECAUSE HE DID say those things.

and it is on the official record. Go to Jersey City PD, get Mari Gilbert's missing person report (versus Alex Diaz's SG missing person report,) and you'll see - it's on the official record. The MSM media, which I'm guessing you are getting
your factual (bwahhhh hahahaha) information from in this case, has suppressed that actual report, for some reason.

As I have said again and again and again, there are things about Pak and Hackett calling Mari that the public has not
been privy to, and without the initial calls to Mari and the facts behind them, you don't have the full picture
of what happened to Shannan, where she was, how she arrived at Hackett's and how she left Hackett's and who drove her away.

There are people in Oak Beach who saw and told. Yup. And they're still alive. and NO - I'm not talking about fluke being a witness - seems like he and his brood have a ax to grind against peg leg.

I have it on the record straight out of the horses mouth (that would be Mari) and no, she' s not alive, but her words are, and they are on the record.

Happy New Year everybody.

Happy New Year Scorpio!

Excellent point. So, with scant evidence, among SG's remains, how then did LE conclude, "or theorize" at least initially, that she had drowned ?

It is my understanding Mari's missing person report was made before she spoke to CPH, that is why it was not mentioned in her report.

CPH once he admitted making the calls (which he initially denied), never refuted what Mari said was stated. If CPH is not denying he made those statements, why are you questioning them?

There are many instances in the annals of crime where the perpetrators of crimes are in contact with the victim's family after the fact.

It is not unusual at all. In relation to the LISK there have been phone calls to family members of the one of the other murdered girls.

Why do you find it so unusual?

Excellent point. So, with scant evidence, among SG's remains, how then did LE conclude, "or theorize" at least initially, that she had drowned ?

SC medical examiner said cause of death was “undetermined”..

SCPD Theorized she died due to accidental drowning. They theorized that she saw the lights from the robert moses causeway and ran towards them through the marsh where she accidently drowned.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...mains-Serial-Killer-Prostitute-149687895.html

It is my understanding Mari's missing person report was made before she spoke to CPH, that is why it was not mentioned in her report.

CPH once he admitted making the calls (which he initially denied), never refuted what Mari said was stated. If CPH is not denying he made those statements, why are you questioning them?

There are many instances in the annals of crime where the perpetrators of crimes are in contact with the victim's family after the fact.

It is not unusual at all. In relation to the LISK there have been phone calls to family members of the one of the other murdered girls.

Why do you find it so unusual?

What are you talking about?
Mari absolutely positively mentions Hackett in her mission person's report.

I do recall Mari saying early on that SCPD and NJ police would not listen to what she had to say about Hackett. She said they did not believe her.
Her claims were dismissed.

Yes, but it was only Mari claiming that he said those things. [redacted] Her account of the conversation came a long time after it happened and after a lot of other events had taken place, so it is unlikely that it is accurate.

so tugela - it was only Mari claiming Hackett said those things?

Why are you saying her account of the conversation came a long time after it happened
and after a lot of other events had taken place, so it's unlikely that it's accurate.

Please expand and explain what exactly you are talking about

How long AFTER the conversation happened did her account of it take place and to whom?
and
the conversation came a long time after a lot of other events had taken place

again - what exactly are you talking about ? WHAT other events took place after the conversation.

Thank you in advance.

I don't understand what you are talking about

Her account of the conversation took place IMMEDIATELY in real time, and she went to the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back