Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they can stay together. I think they will need each other for emotional support.

I had a friend who tragically died from breast cancer. She had 2 young daughters, 12 and 7.

She convinced her two ex's to share custody of the girls. Each took both for their time and then the other took both. The fathers were kind enough to realize that the girls loved each other and didn't want to be separated after losing their mother so tragically.

Talk about exceptional men- they are both the definition of that. What a touching story to read this morning, thank you for sharing this. So sorry to hear about your friend's passing, may she rest in peace.

What great news to wake up to, way to go Trinidad PD and everyone else who helped catch this creep and free those girls from him. Continued thoughts and prayers to the L's that they can somehow recover from all this.

Yes, many prayers for the girls. They are both beautiful and precious.

Just some more info; so happy it ended this way http://www.katc.com/story/37186979/...story-led-to-few-prosecutions-in-calcasieu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, thank you so much for posting this article. Very well researched with lots of relevant info, IMO, including:

“[...]

Terry Allen Miles has been a defendant in 20 criminal cases before the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney's Office — most of them for violent crimes — but only five of those cases ever led to a prosecution.

[...]

Miles pleaded guilty to domestic abuse battery in 2009, 2011 and 2015, to illegal possession of stolen things in 2015 and to simple battery in 2016, according to the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney's Office. But prosecutors have rejected to prosecute Miles for a number of violent crimes — like rape, attempted second-degree murder and more instances of battery — because they could no longer cooperate with the victim as a witness.

Prosecutors rejected five separate simple battery charges against Miles from 2015-16. Except for one case rejected because of ‘administrative reasons’ that were not immediately clear on Wednesday, all of the cases were rejected because the victim would not cooperate.

Prosecutors in 2014 rejected a disturbing the peace by fighting charge for the same reason, as well as domestic abuse battery charges in 2010, 2007 and a forcible rape charge in 2007.

In a dismissed 2011 attempted murder case, Miles' wife accused him of beating her with a bat and hanging her by the neck with a bed sheet, according to police documents submitted into the court record. Prosecutors dismissed the case a year later, noting the victim was ‘not available.’ An obituary shows the woman died a month before the dismissal.

[... and I wanted to bold the following two paragraphs, but couldn’t figure out how to via Tapatalk; this is particularly infuriating and absolutely unacceptable, IMO]

Prosecutors dismissed a child *advertiser censored* charge when Miles pleaded guilty to third-offense domestic abuse battery and illegal possession of stolen things in 2015. Miles remains on probation through 2020 on that conviction, according to the Louisiana Department of Corrections.

DOC spokesperson Ken Pastorick said Miles had been abiding by the terms of his probation until they learned he'd left the state without a travel permit.

[...]

‘He was meeting the conditions of his probation. We didn't have any issues with him," Pastorick said.’

[...]

Miles also remains a primary suspect in two open cases out of Sulphur, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso told KPLC.

Those cases include the July 2014 homicide of Pamela Parker and an August 2015 third-degree rape.

[...]”

Is the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney only interested in increasing his conviction rate, perhaps for political reasons?

“MEET THE D.A.
District Attorney John F. DeRosier

Mr. DeRosier took the oath of office for Calcasieu Parish District Attorney on December 20, 2005 and was re-elected to an additional six-year term in 2008 and in 2014. “
https://www.calcasieuda.com/meet-the-d-a/

I hope that the author of this article, Ms. Cook, continues to report on these cases. Job well done.

Yes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
One of the most gut wrenching and tear jerking stories of my lifetime. Thank goodness for that alert and aware waitress that recognized Shasta, or who knows what would have happened to her eventually. I cried when Shasta told the cop about what happened to her brother Dylan- how does any child recover from such a thing as watching their brother get shot and killed at s campsite? After witnessing what happened to her mother, step father and older brother before they were kidnapped, I am sure having Dylan with her was a small comfort while that monster abused them. for me, that would be the final straw, I couldn't have handled losing all of my family like that and live a normal life after. Shasta looked like my daughter's friend, too, which was even more upsetting every time we saw her photo on the news.

From a link in the same above referenced article:
d4985896a06da3a59901bd81743d4cb3.jpg

d02f9079f225704572a877bd62accbe0.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SsUEE1IGLdQwjhlY7Zb/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Yes, perhaps Lili's father can find her a new boyfriend, and one for Lulu as well this time. It'll be precious.

I'm sure that this was meant in sarcasm towards Lili's father, but why dampen a beautiful ending to a sad and tragic story of a poster's friend like this?

Teflon Terry. So sad it took this case to finally put this monster in a cage.

Yes, thank you so much for posting this article. Very well researched with lots of relevant info, IMO, including:

“[...]

Terry Allen Miles has been a defendant in 20 criminal cases before the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney's Office — most of them for violent crimes — but only five of those cases ever led to a prosecution.

[...]

Miles pleaded guilty to domestic abuse battery in 2009, 2011 and 2015, to illegal possession of stolen things in 2015 and to simple battery in 2016, according to the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney's Office. But prosecutors have rejected to prosecute Miles for a number of violent crimes — like rape, attempted second-degree murder and more instances of battery — because they could no longer cooperate with the victim as a witness.

Prosecutors rejected five separate simple battery charges against Miles from 2015-16. Except for one case rejected because of ‘administrative reasons’ that were not immediately clear on Wednesday, all of the cases were rejected because the victim would not cooperate.

Prosecutors in 2014 rejected a disturbing the peace by fighting charge for the same reason, as well as domestic abuse battery charges in 2010, 2007 and a forcible rape charge in 2007.

In a dismissed 2011 attempted murder case, Miles' wife accused him of beating her with a bat and hanging her by the neck with a bed sheet, according to police documents submitted into the court record. Prosecutors dismissed the case a year later, noting the victim was ‘not available.’ An obituary shows the woman died a month before the dismissal.

[... and I wanted to bold the following two paragraphs, but couldn’t figure out how to via Tapatalk; this is particularly infuriating and absolutely unacceptable, IMO]

Prosecutors dismissed a child *advertiser censored* charge when Miles pleaded guilty to third-offense domestic abuse battery and illegal possession of stolen things in 2015. Miles remains on probation through 2020 on that conviction, according to the Louisiana Department of Corrections.

DOC spokesperson Ken Pastorick said Miles had been abiding by the terms of his probation until they learned he'd left the state without a travel permit.

[...]

‘He was meeting the conditions of his probation. We didn't have any issues with him," Pastorick said.’

[...]

Miles also remains a primary suspect in two open cases out of Sulphur, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso told KPLC.

Those cases include the July 2014 homicide of Pamela Parker and an August 2015 third-degree rape.

[...]”

Is the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney only interested in increasing his conviction rate, perhaps for political reasons?

“MEET THE D.A.
District Attorney John F. DeRosier

Mr. DeRosier took the oath of office for Calcasieu Parish District Attorney on December 20, 2005 and was re-elected to an additional six-year term in 2008 and in 2014. “
https://www.calcasieuda.com/meet-the-d-a/

I hope that the author of this article, Ms. Cook, continues to report on these cases. Job well done.

From your post ""In a dismissed 2011 attempted murder case, Miles' wife accused him of beating her with a bat and hanging her by the neck with a bed sheet, according to police documents submitted into the court record. Prosecutors dismissed the case a year later, noting the victim was ‘not available.’ An obituary shows the woman died a month before the dismissal.""""

What in the HECK? Was she unavailable because she was afraid to come forward?
And child *advertiser censored* charges?
Please let their names stay in the title!!

From your post ""In a dismissed 2011 attempted murder case, Miles' wife accused him of beating her with a bat and hanging her by the neck with a bed sheet, according to police documents submitted into the court record. Prosecutors dismissed the case a year later, noting the victim was ‘not available.’ An obituary shows the woman died a month before the dismissal.""""

And child *advertiser censored* charges?
Please let their names stay in the title!!

Another article, where her aunt is interviewed, states that she died of a OD in 2012 and that is when the attempted murder charges were dismissed.

I was elated to wake up and see [h=1]Texas Amber Alert girls found safe in Colorado; suspected kidnapper caught[/h]

Unavailable because she died, reportedly from a drug overdose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So bizarre. I just got a Facebook message from someone who knows him and his family in LA. Note that I have not commented on a single article there or attempted to have a conversation with anyone who knows her or him. I have liked a few articles, and of course, I posted the amber alert publicly with some background information on how dangerous he is. And out of the blue this woman messaged me to ask if I knew the girls, telling me she knew him, but knows his family better. I took the opportunity to see if I can continue the conversation she started and asked her a question in a roundabout way.

I know I can't post what I find, if anything, but wow - what a strange thing to happen.

This kinda happened to me once (kinda). I was sharing about a particular case that I had learnt about from WS and ended up being quite involved with the page they had set up, turns out someone else did too and they sent me a message, out of the blue and (after the initial confusion, of course) we ended up conversing about the case. Turns out, they are also a sleuther here. That was nearly 18 months ago. We've been friends ever since.

Do be careful. But not everyone online has some nasty agenda :)

Another article, where her aunt is interviewed, states that she died of a OD in 2012 and that is when the attempted murder charges were dismissed.

I can totally imagine her self medicating after all she had been through :(
Anyone else think this man's arrest may lead to solving some cold cases?
I feel like of all the things he did get caught and charged with , there must be many more that no one ever talked about or knew it was him.
The DA could have put him in prison for life on the child *advertiser censored* charge alone and why would you let anyone plead down from child sex crimes?
Shame on them!

I can totally imagine her self medicating after all she had been through :(
Anyone else think this man's arrest may lead to solving some cold cases?
I feel like of all the things he did get caught and charged with , there must be many more that no one ever talked about or knew it was him.
The DA could have put him in prison for life on the child *advertiser censored* charge alone and why would you let anyone plead down from child sex crimes?
Shame on them!

This guy gives me the creeps as much as Kohlhepp did so yep, I'm sure he will be the answer the some cold cases.

Does anyone know offhand if there are threads or will be for any of these other cases involving TM?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does anyone know offhand if there are threads or will be for any of these other cases involving TM?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
There is one now for the Pamela Parker case. I wonder if we could/should start a single thread on him and all the cases he might be connected to.

This thread is growing too fast to keep up with so sorry if I missed something recent..

Unless anyone has linkable proof that Terry took anyone with her on her New York trip, please stop claiming this as fact. Yes, this was claimed so early on, but it was disputed and the member who claimed so recanted their opinion.

This thread is growing too fast to keep up with so sorry if I missed something recent..

Unless anyone has linkable proof that Terry took anyone with her on her New York trip, please stop claiming this as fact. Yes, this was claimed so early on, but it was disputed and the member who claimed so recanted their opinion.
Deep breath... I think we're past that now as far as I can tell from the posts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members