GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

Looks like someone has paid for the funeral services in full, I'm so thankful for things/people/organizations that do things like this. The proceeds will now be used for other wonderful purposes.

"The Troy Boys & Girls Club is also raising money through a in memory of the victims. Jeremiah had been a member of the club for six years. By Wednesday night, that effort had raised more than $48,000.

The funds were originally earmarked for funeral services. But those services have been donated, the post states. The funds will now be used to provide mental health services for children, family and community members, as well as scholarship and living money for Isaiah."

https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/01/03/memorial-slated-as-court-date-set-in-troy-killings

A co-worker and I were discussing this case yesterday, and she feels the fact that they killed the kids, especially in the manner they killed them, should mean automatic death (which NY doesn't have, so...). We also talked about the whole "prison justice" thing and she said she didn't believe that kind of thing actually happens. I know a lot of times pedophiles and child-killers get put in some kind of protection or segregation for their own safety. I'm curious to know what anyone else thinks. Do inmates really specifically go after people that hurt children?

(Just to be clear, I'm not trying to start a discussion about the death penalty; I'm also not trying to start a debate about what should/shouldn't happen. I'm just looking to find out if anyone knows whether "prison justice" is really as prevalent as they make it seem on TV. I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post this kind of thing, please delete if not allowed.)

Has a motive for this crime been revealed yet?

A co-worker and I were discussing this case yesterday, and she feels the fact that they killed the kids, especially in the manner they killed them, should mean automatic death (which NY doesn't have, so...). We also talked about the whole "prison justice" thing and she said she didn't believe that kind of thing actually happens. I know a lot of times pedophiles and child-killers get put in some kind of protection or segregation for their own safety. I'm curious to know what anyone else thinks. Do inmates really specifically go after people that hurt children?

(Just to be clear, I'm not trying to start a discussion about the death penalty; I'm also not trying to start a debate about what should/shouldn't happen. I'm just looking to find out if anyone knows whether "prison justice" is really as prevalent as they make it seem on TV. I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post this kind of thing, please delete if not allowed.)

Yes, inmates will target pedophiles ( tree jumpers) in prison as well as inmates that have murdered children. Prison gangs give high marks to members that take one out or beat them. Also it depends on who you know. If word gets into a prison from an outsider to do harm ... then it will more than likely be a rough time for that inmate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbbm

How do prisoners generally feel about those who have been convicted of crimes against children?

Yes, inmates will target pedophiles ( tree jumpers) in prison as well as inmates that have murdered children. Prison gangs give high marks to members that take one out or beat them. Also it depends on who you know. If word gets into a prison from an outsider to do harm ... then it will more than likely be a rough time for that inmate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fine for those who are guilty.
Like the guy who got "Katie's Revenge" tattooed on his forehead by other inmates.

However it is completely awful for those who are falsely accused.
When it comes to crimes against children they don't wait to find out if the guy is guilty.
So many ways our system could be improved.

Sounds like robbery was the motive. It's just so sad.

Ok so wait.... I'm confused. All they have as evidence is video?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

From that article;
The new count filed against White accuses him of killing the 11-year-old boy while allegedly burglarizing 158 Second Ave. People familiar with the case who spoke on condition of anonymity said the boy was dropped off at the family's home while the attacks were under way, and was killed when he walked in.

How sad. I can't imagine the guilt felt by the person(s) who dropped him off. :(

I think this is the saddest case I've ever followed on WS :(

It's definitely so for me. Brandi was very active in social media and much of it was public. You can read through it and get a sense of her personality, her hopes and dreams. It was an insight into an individual that I haven't personally seen for other murder victims. All of their lives were so short and it's so sad how they ended.

Another article on the charges/non charges/indictments.
Seems to be written a little more clearly.

http://wamc.org/post/troy-quadruple-homicide-suspects-court-legal-clock-reset

This is a bit more clear, but I still don't 100% understand. Are they just saying they weren't quite ready for the hearing today, so they jiggled around the charges to buy some time?

I'm assuming they're still confident they have the right guys and will present the same or better evidence to the next GJ and get another indictment.

This is a bit more clear, but I still don't 100% understand. Are they just saying they weren't quite ready for the hearing today, so they jiggled around the charges to buy some time?

I'm assuming they're still confident they have the right guys and will present the same or better evidence to the next GJ and get another indictment.
This is my understanding of it. I'm getting a lil nervous. Are they sure they have the right ppl?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's basically how I understand it. I assume they will present this in a different way to the next grand jury. This buys them another six days.

Supposedly these guys had taken the bus back after the crime as it was on video...my question is...a knife was used on four people, wouldn't they have blood on them?

It is interesting that they are claiming White was the one to murder them. Why? Are they trying to get Mann to talk?

It's always troubling to see how quickly everyone is to conclude that the arrestees did it before one iota of proof/evidence has been presented...

BUMP!

Just bringing this forward as it is relevant.

This is my understanding too. Upon first reading it, I was scared that some technicality was going to prevent the DA from bringing a case at all. But sounds like they just did a bit of legal maneuvering in order to give themselves another 6 days to get things figured out. I do think and hope that maybe Mann is talking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back