FL FL - Duval Co, WhtFem 10-25, brown hair, living photo, Feb'16

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
In agreement with coordinator forum OkieGranny re-start/re-open this interesting thread

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...o-seeking-identity-of-woman-in-photo/63482099

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police are seeking the public's help as they work to identify a woman pictured in a photo released Tuesday.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office did not disclose exactly why they're looking to identify the woman, whose picture has been posted to the Sheriff's Office Facebook page.
The woman appears to be in her early to mid 20s, JSO's spokesperson Melissa Bujeda said in the post.
Anyone with information on the woman's identity is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at (904) 630-0500 or Crime Stoppers at (866) 845-TIPS. You can remain anonymous and could receive a reward of up to $3,000.

Open this thread for the photo girl after this
http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-shocked-to-learn-sister-dead-found-buried-in-yard

The original thread is this
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...dismembered-Jacksonville-11-Feb-2016-*Arrest*

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The brother of a Jacksonville woman whose body was found in February dismembered and buried in the yard of a Southside home said his family had lost touch with his sister and he only learned last week that she had been killed.
Robert Gunter, who now lives in Arkansas, told News4Jax that detectives contacted his younger sister to let her know a woman found dead in Jacksonville in February had been identified through DNA analysis as her sister, Joni Lynn Gunter. Joni was found buried in the yard of a home belonging to Russell Tillis, police said.
More News Headlines

Robert said his younger sister broke the news to him Dec. 1.
“It shocks the hell out of me getting the news about my older sister,” Robert said.
Joni would have been around 30 years old when she was killed.
Robert said since learning the news, he has been in touch with Jacksonville detectives himself.
Police said Thursday that Joni died of blunt-force trauma sometime between February 2014 and May 2015, when Tillis was arrested on unrelated charges. He has now been charged with murder, kidnapping, human trafficking, abuse of a body and evidence tampering in Joni's death.
Robert said his family had been trying find Joni for years and never knew what happened to her. He said their mother died in 1995, and their father is not in their lives.
“All I know is I’ve been worried about her, trying to get in touch with her,” he said. “I have (missed her). To be honest, I don't know what to say.”
Police described Joni as a transient. She had a long list of arrests from 2004-2011 in Duval County, including on charges related to prostitution and drugs.
Robert said he couldn't pinpoint the last time he had contact with his older sister, but that he lived in Jacksonville for most of his life and had never heard of Tillis.
More victims out there?

Police searched Tillis' Bowden Circle East property for days after Gunter's body was found, but said they found no other human remains.
Despite that, police said Thursday that they believe that Tillis could have abused or killed other young women, particularly drug abusers, prostitutes or women who weren't in regular contact with family, who wouldn't be missed.
"Suspect Russell Tillis targeted vulnerable members of our society," Asst. Chief Scott Dingee said. "Based on statements Tillis made, we believe it’s highly likely that other females were victimized by Tillis, including other murders. Based on his history, Tillis sought out vulnerable young females -- white females in particular with a history of drug abuse and prostitution. So we ask that anyone who knew the victim or anyone who may have been victimized by Tillis, anyone who has family members that may have associated with Tillis and now their family members are missing, anyone with additional information, we ask that they contact the police."
Polaroid%20Tillis%20investigation_7538117_ver1.0.JPG

During the investigation, police released a faded Polaroid photo of an unidentified woman, asking for the public's help to identify her. That woman was not Gunter, and police are still working to find out who she is.
News4Jax crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said the public's help is critical in this case.
“Right now, they're really looking out to the public to provide them with information, especially if anyone was working as a prostitute or using drugs in this area, even if you didn't know them very well but just all of a sudden didn't see them,” Smith said.
He said those tips might help police track down other possible victims.
Neighbors along Bowden Circle said they saw women coming and going from Tillis' home before he was arrested last year.
One neighbor recalled women coming to her front door screaming that Tillis was going to kill them.
“There would be constant women in and out over there. Some of them would run over to my property and bang on my door, crying for help,” said Annette Campbell, who told News4Jax she and other neighbors had restraining orders against Tillis. “We lived in constant fear with him there.”
Campbell said she believes police will find other victims.
“Because I have seen lots of women over there,” Campbell said. “And then all of a sudden, you wouldn't see them.”

Hello guys, the first thing I did when I put this interesting case back in the forum, is to transmit it to the Doe Network database so that the competent organs, the police or the sheriff can also inject them into Namus. I have transcribed all the information and the photo polaroid, hopefully they will answer me, I will keep you updated. ;)

Second, then I copied from one of my old posts in a few lines, what a lot of users are on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Jacksonvil...27576742895/10153446909842896/?type=3&theater) that of the Websleuths forum had written analyzing the photo of this girl (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...bered-Jacksonville-11-Feb-2016-*Arrest*/page5)

1) For many users and also for me, the pic is very old (1990s or thereabouts. Maybe very early '00s)
2) The refrigerator container or vending machine can be of Busch or Coors or Pepsi;
3) The girl seems to have a bracelet on his left arm (maybe of the 90s or also 80s) and his shirt was perhaps a tiger drawn in black, perhaps a shirt of some college;
4) The chair looks like one of those in Viniyl strap pool furniture (maybe is a common beach chair from the '80s)
5) User Nikon write this ''In the background I see machinery. Tractor? I also see a kid by the chair. I'm guessing this was taken in someone's backyard.''

There appears to be a whole other party going on behind her in the dark area of the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys, the first thing I did when I put this interesting case back in the forum, is to transmit it to the Doe Network database so that the competent organs, the police or the sheriff can also inject them into Namus. I have transcribed all the information and the photo polaroid, hopefully they will answer me, I will keep you updated. ;)

Second, then I copied from one of my old posts in a few lines, what a lot of users are on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Jacksonvil...27576742895/10153446909842896/?type=3&theater) that of the Websleuths forum had written analyzing the photo of this girl (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...bered-Jacksonville-11-Feb-2016-*Arrest*/page5)

1) For many users and also for me, the pic is very old (1990s or thereabouts. Maybe very early '00s)
2) The refrigerator container or vending machine can be of Busch or Coors or Pepsi;
3) The girl seems to have a bracelet on his left arm (maybe of the 90s or also 80s) and his shirt was perhaps a tiger drawn in black, perhaps a shirt of some college;
4) The chair looks like one of those in Viniyl strap pool furniture (maybe is a common beach chair from the '80s)
5) User Nikon write this ''In the background I see machinery. Tractor? I also see a kid by the chair. I'm guessing this was taken in someone's backyard.''

My cousin used to own one of those tiger shirts - was definitely an early to mid 90's thing. If I had to nail down a date for this, I'd say somewhere between 1992-97.

Did we decide whether or not there was another girl sitting next to her in the picture?

The vending machine looks like one of the Pepsi ones from the 80's-early 90's.

jso-woman_1456867877203_2883004_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Here's what I get from the photo:
  • The chair looks like a patio chair with straps- like this. How she's leaned back suggests it could be a lounge chair like the one in the pic, but we had some regular patio chairs with the same straps that my parents purchased during the 80's.
  • She appears to be around 14-15 years old- Just by personal opinion. Her build is similar to mine at that age.
  • Her clothing style reminds me of the early 2000's- The sleeves themselves were trending when I was in middle school. I am reminded of hand-me-downs my cousin's gave me in 2003 and all the t-shirts had those tiny sleeves and they were on the short side slightly exposing your belly button.
  • Her shirt appears to be a white Bengal tiger, and pants are jeans/shorts with a thick braided belt or brown corduroy shorts/pants- the shirt appears to be either tied or cropped to expose her midriff.
  • It appears to be taken in a backyard party- The furniture appears to be patio furniture and two other chairs (matching) can be seen in the photo as well as the one she is sitting in.
  • Another girl in a pink shirt is seen sitting in another chair- she appears to have shoulder length dark blonde/light brown hair.
  • The photo appears to be taken on a deck- The girl in the pink shirt appears to be a few feet lower than the girl in the tiger shirt.
  • The red thing? Hmmm...I see it as the side of a house with white borders and red paint like this- definitely not as extravagant as the one pictured... I also see a sliding glass door/front door/doorway behind her to the right. The black thing could be a mail box like this
  • She has a beverage in her hand- what it is actually might be revealing to when the picture was taken. Anyone have any ideas? My sister thinks it is Modelo beer, but I couldn't find a can with the the dark stripe across the top.

attachment.php

Here's what I get from the photo:
  • The chair looks like a patio chair with straps- like this. How she's leaned back suggests it could be a lounge chair like the one in the pic, but we had some regular patio chairs with the same straps that my parents purchased during the 80's.
  • She appears to be around 14-15 years old- Just by personal opinion. Her build is similar to mine at that age.
  • Her clothing style reminds me of the early 2000's- The sleeves themselves were trending when I was in middle school. I am reminded of hand-me-downs my cousin's gave me in 2003 and all the t-shirts had those tiny sleeves and they were on the short side slightly exposing your belly button.
  • Her shirt appears to be a white Bengal tiger, and pants are jeans/shorts with a thick braided belt or brown corduroy shorts/pants- the shirt appears to be either tied or cropped to expose her midriff.
  • It appears to be taken in a backyard party- The furniture appears to be patio furniture and two other chairs (matching) can be seen in the photo as well as the one she is sitting in.
  • Another girl in a pink shirt is seen sitting in another chair- she appears to have shoulder length dark blonde/light brown hair.
  • The photo appears to be taken on a deck- The girl in the pink shirt appears to be a few feet lower than the girl in the tiger shirt.
  • The red thing? Hmmm...I see it as the side of a house with white borders and red paint like this- definitely not as extravagant as the one pictured... I also see a sliding glass door/front door/doorway behind her to the right. The black thing could be a mail box like this
  • She has a beverage in her hand- what it is actually might be revealing to when the picture was taken. Anyone have any ideas? My sister thinks it is Modelo beer, but I couldn't find a can with the the dark stripe across the top.

Wow....thanks....when I saw the picture the first of the questions that I have was what do we see in this picture? I see scratching/cuts on her right arm. I see another person lying or underneath her with something pink...I see she is holding I think a beer or maybe some mixed drink in cans in her hand..

Trying to establish the approx. years this picture was made....It's not a polaroid IMO

Also said there were 800 pics... and If you look at the house before it was demolished...it had a lot of mirrors....Of all the pictures out there I didn't recognize the chairs and the red wall...maybe it was taken somewhere else years earlier? He went to prison...when was he going to prison and why? Where did he live before he went to prisson? When was Jori Gunter missing?

[url]https://www.news4jax.com/news/photos...n-found-buried[/URL]_
Timeline

• May 22, 2012: Tillis’ mother, Margie, signs over her house at 3551 Bowden Circle East to Russell Tillis after he’s released from prison.
  • June 19, 2012: Margie Tillis dies.
  • May 28, 2015: Tillis is arrested for aggravated assault on two police officers who went to his home to arrest him on outstanding warrants.
  • Feb. 11, 2016: Jacksonville Sheriff's Office finds human remains at Tillis’ home after digging for two days. The search warrant was obtained after police got a tip Feb. 5 from a jail inmate.
  • March 1, 2016: JSO releases a faded photograph of a woman in connection with the investigation, hoping someone recognizes her. JSO still does not know the woman's identity.
  • July 21, 2016: Medical examiner lists the cause of death of the remains found as a homicide. There's still no identity on the victim. Tillis’ house is condemned.
  • Dec. 8, 2016: Police identify the murder victim as Joni Lynn Gunter, announce Tillis is charged with murder, kidnapping and other charges, and say there could be more victims.

"Suspect Russell Tillis targeted vulnerable members of our society," Asst. Chief Scott Dingee said. "Based on statements Tillis made, we believe it’s highly likely that other females were victimized by Tillis, including other murders. Based on his history, Tillis sought out vulnerable young females -- white females, in particular, with a history of drug abuse and prostitution. So we ask that anyone who knew the victim or anyone who may have been victimized by Tillis, anyone who has family members that may have associated with Tillis and now their family members are missing, anyone with additional information, we ask that they contact the police."
Police searched Tillis' Bowden Circle East property for days after Gunter's body was found, but said they found no other human remains.
They returned to search the property again earlier this year but have not said if the second search turned up any remains. Jury selection for Tillis' kidnapping and murder trial will begin Nov. 5, 2018. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty.

Also said there were 800 pics... and If you look at the house before it was demolished...it had a lot of mirrors....Of all the pictures out there I didn't recognize the chairs and the red wall...maybe it was taken somewhere else years earlier? He went to prison...when was he going to prison and why? Where did he live before he went to prisson? When was Jori Gunter missing?

[url]https://www.news4jax.com/news/photos...n-found-buried[/URL]_
Timeline

• May 22, 2012: Tillis’ mother, Margie, signs over her house at 3551 Bowden Circle East to Russell Tillis after he’s released from prison.
  • June 19, 2012: Margie Tillis dies.
  • May 28, 2015: Tillis is arrested for aggravated assault on two police officers who went to his home to arrest him on outstanding warrants.
  • Feb. 11, 2016: Jacksonville Sheriff's Office finds human remains at Tillis’ home after digging for two days. The search warrant was obtained after police got a tip Feb. 5 from a jail inmate.
  • March 1, 2016: JSO releases a faded photograph of a woman in connection with the investigation, hoping someone recognizes her. JSO still does not know the woman's identity.
  • July 21, 2016: Medical examiner lists the cause of death of the remains found as a homicide. There's still no identity on the victim. Tillis’ house is condemned.
  • Dec. 8, 2016: Police identify the murder victim as Joni Lynn Gunter, announce Tillis is charged with murder, kidnapping and other charges, and say there could be more victims.

"Suspect Russell Tillis targeted vulnerable members of our society," Asst. Chief Scott Dingee said. "Based on statements Tillis made, we believe it’s highly likely that other females were victimized by Tillis, including other murders. Based on his history, Tillis sought out vulnerable young females -- white females, in particular, with a history of drug abuse and prostitution. So we ask that anyone who knew the victim or anyone who may have been victimized by Tillis, anyone who has family members that may have associated with Tillis and now their family members are missing, anyone with additional information, we ask that they contact the police."
They returned to search the property again earlier this year but have not said if the second search turned up any remains. Jury selection for Tillis' kidnapping and murder trial will begin Nov. 5, 2018. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty.

Wow! Awesome! I just posted the same link to you!

But ok....I saw the pictures, the evidence....was there blood on it...could they lead this back to Jori....or others? I see a lot of tools but what was the actual evidence...apart from the fact that she was buried there (sorry, to be rude....no intention to be so)

But ok....I saw the pictures, the evidence....was there blood on it...could they lead this back to Jori....or others? I see a lot of tools but what was the actual evidence...apart from the fact that she was buried there (sorry, to be rude....no intention to be so)

I too am confused about Tillis's case. They didn't exactly explain how the photograph is related, so it's just assumed it was found in his possession. I think what they were getting at with his house is there was evidence of dangerous materials throughout his home like torture devices almost, hence the nickname "house of horrors".

About the house in the mystery photograph, we don't know exactly when the photo was taken. He obtained that home in 2012, so the photo could even be anywhere from recent to even the 70's (IMO mid 70's-mid 00's). I think we should get a timeline on him much like we did in the Terry Rasmussen case to trace his steps.

close up of beer.jpg
When it comes to the beer can, I see a more modern shape like this, instead of a cylinder shaped like this. But again, that's just what I'm seeing.

I'm trying to research different era beer cans and different pull-tabs but am getting all over the place information. I think Tbone144 and Romulus are spot on with the possible brands!

So I combed through missing persons and found someone who resembles her. The mystery woman greatly favors a relative of mine when she was in her youth, so I used that in comparison as well.

BarbaraBockwith&Unkfemale.PNG

Her name is Barbara Ann Bockwith and she went missing in December of 1979 in Escambia County, Florida.
Before someone mentions it, she did have a possessive boyfriend who committed suicide after her disappearance but it is not known if he was actually responsible.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/958dffl.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bockwith_barbara.html

I found a parallel in my research, Bockwith's car was found abandoned a week or so after her disappearance, and the same for the 2000 disappearance of Colleen Elizabeth Perris. (although I know abandoned cars aren't unlikely in disappearances, but I still found it interesting)
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perris_colleen.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back