Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, Kobe Bryant just posted the sheriffs missing person flyer of BB on his fb page, he has 20 million plus followers!
(Happy he's getting the word out,if only all missing persons got this type of exposure)

Thank you Kobe

Hi everyone,

As a current Penn undergraduate, I thought that there were some questions that were posed in the old thread that I would be able to answer regarding administrative policies.

First, Penn would not disclose if a student was on a leave of absence to outside parties. As well, to the claim that Blaze had taken a six-month leave of absence, that duration of leave is usually very rare and reserved for professional development or family issues. Penn administration pushes most students seeking leave for medical or psychological reasons to leave for at least two semesters, primarily in response to the recent uptick in student suicides.

Second, one item that I found very interesting about Blaze's student records is that he was initially described as a student in the Vagelos program at Penn, which is a very prestigious program in molecular science/biochemistry, and is now listed as a psychology major on a pre-med track. While these programs do have some attrition, I think that switching majors might be indicative of some stress that could have caused him to take an unannounced leave before the semester restarted.

<modsnip>

Thank you, 001, and welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome4:

Based on the SAR search of the dogs, not finding Blaze's scent anywhere in the park, I honestly do not believe he was ever there.

Buddy friend has some major explaining to do, IMO. I hope LE was able to get a search warrant for Buddy friend's phone. It would be interesting if his GPS was turned off around the same time Blaze's was.

Since the search has been called off for the park, I sincerely hope LE has an idea of a secondary place to look.

In the meantime, I am still waiting for positive ID on the burned out car victim in Angeles Forest. I'd like to know it's NOT Blaze.

Thats right...So what are the chances he maybe got into a different car? The friend still called and could not get ahold of him story still could be true. The only reason I feel like it could be true is why would the police search the park so intensively based on verbal only without checking to see if it pans out first? What bothers me is that normally by now others involved would be speaking out about it all. And we&#8217;d at least know the friend/drivers name. I mean, unless is a minor?

Oh how I wish the driver friend or the text receiving girl would join us here as a Verified Insider!

On a side note, Kobe Bryant just posted the sheriffs missing person flyer of BB on his fb page, he has 20 million plus followers!
(Happy he's getting the word out,if only all missing persons got this type of exposure)
It was because of a request on the missing Facebook page - the poster suggested reaching out to anyone famous via Twitter and asking them to tweet his poster. It was a woman's daughters idea. Very smart kid if you ask me. They had asked Christopher Meloni to do it and he had.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

News articles report that Blaze left without his personal items (glasses, wallet, etc) including his medication that he takes daily. I am wondering what type of medication a young man would take. One of my teenage sons takes anti-seizure medications on a daily basis. Was it anti-seizure medication, was it anxiety medication, anti-depressants? If someone were to abruptly stop taking any one of these types of medications, well that alone could be cause for trouble -- memory loss, disorientation, severe anxiety, seizures.

ps. this is my first post, I hope that I have followed protocol correctly. I feel especially nervous bringing up anyone's medical history, but it could be important in this case.
Per his Facebook page - Lupus

Thats right...So what are the chances he maybe got into a different car? The friend still called and could not get ahold of him story still could be true. The only reason I feel like it could be true is why would the police search the park so intensively based on verbal only without checking to see if it pans out first? What bothers me is that normally by now others involved would be speaking out about it all. And we’d at least know the friend/drivers name. I mean, unless is a minor?

I hope eventually we find out why they would not release the name of the Buddy.

I want under think LE would have to have credible information to have a search, but from the reports that nothing was found, no scent, no clothing, nothing, I can't see him ever being there and not leaving some trace behind. The dogs should have at least picked up his scent.

Dogs were able to do so in the Johnny Reynosa/Audrey Moran case. The dogs picked up their separate scents until the scent disappeared. And that was on the side of the I-10. A trailhead should have gotten a hit by the dogs. IMO

What's really cool...ANYONE can message a celebrity (unless they have their messaging turned off) with a copy of ANY missing persons poster and ask that celeb to share it!
The amount of exposure any case gets is somewhat dependent on friends/loved ones/sleuthers, etc. willingness to really work the case by spreading the message far and wide.
One example is the Michael Chambers case...many of us got very active in contacting news shows, podcasts, missing persons pages, etc. and even nationwide firefighters pages, as well as retired firefighter pages and asked them to share MC's poster.
I've seen 'share campaigns' where someone has messaged a missing person's favorite singer/band and asked for a share to help out the missing fan.
Danielle Stislicki's family and friends have done an incredible job of advocating for the return of their beloved daughter. Created bracelets, started a painted rock campaign, have get togethers where they paint car windows with Dani's hashtag and info. They have what seems a close relationship with a certain reporter who they keep in the loop and who keeps us in the loop. Sadly, there are SO many missing persons that those with 'squeaky wheel' supporters get the most attention.
Be creative and reach out.

There isn't a lot some of us can do from miles and miles away, but some of us can dedicate some time to sit down with ANY missing persons case and spread the word.
Yes!! I think it's awesome, KB lives in OC, so looks like he's doing what he can to get the word out for his community!

Oh how I wish the driver friend or the text receiving girl would join us here as a Verified Insider!

That would be awesome. We need a VI here. However, if we had one that was holding things close like LE has been, it might not do us any good. Ya know?

It was because of a request on the missing Facebook page - the poster suggested reaching out to anyone famous via Twitter and asking them to tweet his poster. It was a woman's daughters idea. Very smart kid if you ask me. They had asked Christopher Meloni to do it and he had.

Yes, many people are reaching out to hundreds of celebrities and they are responding!! It's awesome!

Is there a text receiving girl? I asked about this before but no one had information. Have I missed something? I'm still playing catch-up

Yes. They were up. I heard them and It’s also reported on the Blaze FB page of multiple people hearing them

I hope eventually we find out why they would not release the name of the Buddy.

I want under think LE would have to have credible information to have a search, but from the reports that nothing was found, no scent, no clothing, nothing, I can't see him ever being there and not leaving some trace behind. The dogs should have at least picked up his scent.

Dogs were able to do so in the Johnny Reynosa/Audrey Moran case. The dogs picked up their separate scents until the scent disappeared. And that was on the side of the I-10. A trailhead should have gotten a hit by the dogs. IMO

yeah your right...they would have picked it up in the parking lot too. Stumped.

I was watching the helicopter search earlier as well. It appeared they may have been focusing on the reservoir that is behind my neighborhood.

Is there a text receiving girl? I asked about this before but no one had information. Have I missed something? I'm still playing catch-up

you would have had to read the first 38 pages of the first thread to get the entire entire scoop. Let me try and find a link for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998