Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the helicopter search earlier as well. It appeared they may have been focusing on the reservoir that is behind my neighborhood.

Oh man, not that damn reservoir. On Thread #1 I posted a couple of topographic maps and I noticed the proximity of that reservoir to where Blaze disappeared and I said maybe someone should search it. God I hope I'm wrong, to think of him in that water all this time.

Oh man, not that damn reservoir. On Thread #1 I posted a couple of topographic maps and I noticed the proximity of that reservoir to where Blaze disappeared and I said maybe someone should search it. God I hope I'm wrong, to think of him in that water all this time.

Yes I remember you said that early on.

Yes, I also remember you drawing attention to the reservoir when you put on your map-geek hat.

Will you please refresh our collective memory as to the distance from the park and how easily it could be accessed by an empty-handed person?

Yes, I also remember you drawing attention to the reservoir when you put on your map-geek hat.

Will you please refresh our collective memory as to the distance from the park and how easily it could be accessed by an empty-handed person?

had the reservoir not been checked previously?

Hi All~ I've been following this thread since the beginning (that is, the beginning of the original thread! :0 I started reading at page 1, and got to at least page 54, which is I think where it stopped for now), but haven't posted yet. I kind of found this story and another recent missing person's case out of SoCal/L.A. (Leah Altmann) by accident, while looking up something totally unrelated about L.A. Traffic or current weather or something it was. But I like sleuthing, and this case really struck me, so I've began following it, and found websluthes after being a little annoyed by the shurtdown of many theories and suggestions on the HUFBB page (as others here have mentioned, which it seems is what led some other people to search outside of Facebook, and find this page as well).

Perhaps someone posted this on the tail end of the original thread, as I'm sure many have seen it already since it came out yesterday, but I wanted to point out that the parents appear to have now been informed, or learned of Blaze's other social media accounts they may not have previously known of, and what he possibly met someone for that night (as his mother indicates in this rather candid video). I still very much hope he's found alive and well.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...e-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story,amp.html

Hi All~ I've been following this thread since the beginning (that is, the beginning of the original thread! :0 I started reading at page 1, and got to at least page 54, which is I think where it stopped for now), but haven't posted yet. I kind of found this story and another recent missing person's case out of SoCal/L.A. (Leah Altmann) by accident, while looking up something totally unrelated about L.A. Traffic or current weather or something it was. But I like sleuthing, and this case really struck me, so I've began following it, and found websluthes after being a little annoyed by the shurtdown of many theories and suggestions on the HUFBB page (as others here have mentioned, which it seems is what led some other people to search outside of Facebook, and find this page as well).

Perhaps someone posted this on the tail end of the original thread, as I'm sure many have seen it already since it came out yesterday, but I wanted to point out that the parents appear to have now been informed, or learned of Blaze's other social media accounts they may not have previously known of, and what he possibly met someone for that night (as his mother indicates in this rather candid video). I still very much hope he's found alive and well.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...e-ln-bernstein-search-20180108-story,amp.html

Thank you for this, and Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Welcome to Websleuths, and thanks for that link.
It almost seems to me that she doesn't believe a word she's saying, but rather is saying what she's been told to say. Her comments contradict each other.
MOO

Yes, I also read between the lines on that one to the same conclusion. I'm not surprised by it, though. I'm sure they know and have known for some time far, far more than the public is aware of, and considering how much self-restraint they have to summon each time they speak to the media...much respect.

Hi fellow sleuths, I'm new to the forum. I know the feeling of having someone vanish, but thankfully he was found 3 days later. But I, sadly, agree with the post (below) made by zebrock. I know he went to OCSA for High School. According to one if the MSM articles, he was picked up by a high school friend. So now this is someone who needs the address, so not that good of a friend, right? Perhaps he was Snapchat-ing about the meal he cooked and someone from the OCMA school asked for the recipe or a sample, I don't know. But makes me think he just went up to the door with no plans on leaving (because he left ID, wallet, etc). I hope I'm wrong.

zebrock*said:Today*12:30 PM

My theory: Sadly I think BB is no longer with us. The "friend" is behind it and will go down for it soon. There is no 3rd party. Likely they did not even step foot in the park, probably happened somewhere else but he's using it to throw off the investigation. Can't quite pinpoint a motive yet. OCSD being very hush hush to the public as to not tip off the "friend". Nothing else really makes sense. This park is behind a shopping center, he could have ran for help if he had the chance. He had a lot to live for and look forward to. Something really irks me about this "friend" and his story.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The reservoir that is the closest to Borrego Park is NOT easily accessible to anyone. The tollroad travels close to it, but not over it. There is a road that leads down to the Boy Scout area, but it is gated and locked at night (locked unless they are expecting scouts/groups for an event). There are trails behind the housing development that overlooks the reservoir, but you couldn't jump/throw a body into the reservoir from them. Walking to the reservoir would also take quite a while, even if he walked the tollroad. Here is a map.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 412
Just want to say "Welcome!" to all the new members, including lurkers and guests! *wave*

The reservoir that is the closest to Borrego Park is NOT easily accessible to anyone. The tollroad travels close to it, but not over it. There is a road that leads down to the Boy Scout area, but it is gated and locked at night (locked unless they are expecting scouts/groups for an event). There are trails behind the housing development that overlooks the reservoir, but you couldn't jump/throw a body into the reservoir from them. Walking to the reservoir would also take quite a while, even if he walked the tollroad. Here is a map.

attachment.php
So, if a person was determined to access it on foot from the park, what would the most likely route be? Considering a person were willing to take shortcuts and such?

The straight-line distance from Borrego Park to the banks of the Upper Oso Reservoir is at least 2.1 miles. I think it'd be extremely unlikely that someone would attempt to walk that distance with a body.

If a person takes Rt. 241, it's a 6 min drive.

gXXQflX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member