Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a person takes Rt. 241, it's a 6 min drive.

Pretty sure that route would close this case pretty quickly. There's a toll station with cameras right on the turn from Portola Pkwy to the Foothill Transportation Corridor.

I can't speculate on Blaze's stress level considering that I didn't intimately know him, but I think in general, Penn students operate with a high degree of stress and that campus culture increases it while providing few outlets for it. I remember an article about a Columbia student who vanished for two weeks only to be found when she reactivated her credit cards, having broken down due to the pressure of final exams. She was described as a model student with a good family just like Blaze.

Here is my gut feeling, based on my experience with a teenage son in college -- it is extremely stressful, especially for high achievers, during this time of their lives. EXTREMELY. I cannot stress that enough. I think that Blaze is out there alive, and he may have done what that Columbia college student did mentioned above. I have also seen that male friends (I have 3 teenage sons) can be very protective of each other, and they will often not give all of the needed information for fear of ratting out a friend. Besides that, it seems quite obvious that even if friend #1 did give pertinent information, there are details that the authorities are not sharing with the public.

Pretty sure that route would close this case pretty quickly. There's a toll station with cameras right on the turn from Portola Pkwy to the Foothill Transportation Corridor.

What bothers me about this is the sighting on the toll road. Anyone know whereabouts the toll this sighting took place? Which exit?

I'm thinking an emotionally distressed teenager wouldn't mind a long walk at all. If he was bent on self-harm, a sojourn like that might even be preferable.

I wonder if BB was ever in Boy Scouts.

So, if a person was determined to access it on foot from the park, what would the most likely route be? Considering a person were willing to take shortcuts and such?

i used to work off bake and portola. I can’t imagine walking there from that park.

If a person takes Rt. 241, it's a 6 min drive.

gXXQflX.jpg

Didn't someone say they saw a person walking along the 241 the other day? It would be a noticeable thing to see somewhere walking along the 241 trust me.

So, if a person was determined to access it on foot from the park, what would the most likely route be? Considering a person were willing to take shortcuts and such?

I think if I had to walk to the reservoir from Borrego Park, I would walk the tollroad (241) which there was a "sighting" of him the morning after he went to Borrego Park. He couldn't have gotten into the reservoir from the tollroad though. He would have had to walk up an exit of the tollroad, hop the gate, follow the road to the water. But then what? It isn't a huge drop into the water for suicide and there isn't a way to get in there carrying a body. BUT, if he was upset, he could have jumped off one of the tollroad bridges into an area of steep brush. There are two, I've marked them in yellow.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 373

And not busy traffic during the times we're talking about.

<modsnip> I know someone further up said the reservoir gate is locked at night but if I know the teens of that area I'll bet they found a way into the grounds so they could do whatever.

I think the idea that Blaze ran off is much more credible than him jumping off a toll road bridge.

<modsnip> I know someone further up said the reservoir gate is locked at night but if I know the teens of that area I'll bet they found a way into the grounds so they could do whatever.
Right? Local teens would know. And local grownups who remember doing it, too. :)

The only other vehicle entrance is a dirt path on Live Oak Canyon Trail. There's no street view for it, but I swear that there's a fence where the dirt starts on that path.

Plus, there are tons of homes lining that direction. I would be very surprised if none of them had cameras.

Honestly, I don't think Blaze is in the reservoir. If he is, though, I think the police will very easily be able to find the culprit.

Is it safe to assume it's possible for a person to walk the route from Borrego to the reservoir -- considering this person also uses the toll road at some point -- without being captured on camera?

What bothers me about this is the sighting on the toll road. Anyone know whereabouts the toll this sighting took place? Which exit?

Della Donna also added that some witnesses say they saw someone matching Bernstein&#8217;s height and weight walking along the southbound lanes of the 241 toll road in the disabled car lane at about 5:40 a.m. on Jan. 3.

MSM never stated a location (to my knowledge) <modsnips>

Isn't the reservoir in the opposite direction that BB supposedly was last seen heading?

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...-blaze-bernstein-philadelphia-blaze-bernstein

Gosh I’ve been consumed by this and need to take a break, something hit close to my heart. The combination of it being so close to home and the pictures of B.B., this mystery...I’ve got to get to bed. But just wanted to say how nice it is to be on a forum where everyone is so nice to each other and it isn’t so gossipy. Usually comments on news articles, next door.com, or Facebook pages people are so nasty so I just close the page with a bad feeling. But this case I wanted some more answers and have so many questions...anyways, I’m going to tuck my kiddos in one last time and kiss their sweet cheeks. Hold you loved ones extra close. Praying for Blaze tonight and his family &#10084;&#65039;

I think the idea that Blaze ran off is much more credible than him jumping off a toll road bridge.

I don't think either happened, but I agree that him running off seems more plausible than jumping off a toll bridge.

For those who think BB ran off or is in hiding, where do you think he is hiding? And why don't you think he would have been in contact with his parents or his best friend by now? TIA

I also remember reading about Blaze texting a female friend at 11:30 pm. This was mentioned in one of the first few reports that I read, but I have not seen a single word of this in any report since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member