Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have some locals on this thread, which is excellent! That always helps us understand things a bit better. As many maps as we look at, we can never quite picture everything, especially with not all maps being up to date.

On that note...any locals know if the bathroom building is locked at that time of the night, normally?

A local earlier stated the restroom is not locked at night (sorry I can't remember who posted that information.)

I know we have some locals on this thread, which is excellent! That always helps us understand things a bit better. As many maps as we look at, we can never quite picture everything, especially with not all maps being up to date.

On that note...any locals know if the bathroom building is locked at that time of the night, normally?

No, the bathrooms are not locked at night

A week has gone by and they are no closer to finding Blaze (that we know of) than they were on day one. I hope they start releasing some more information.

Where are you, Blaze?

I thought the same thing, I found the photo of them at the park odd, even the pose. Just seemed, I dunno, staged?

Ok, I thought it was just me. It looked very pretentious. I’m not in any way saying they are involved in this kid being missing, but that photo seemed a little bit uppity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not been a teenager for ages -40 next month- so maybe it's just ignorance but I have been curious since the beginning of this case, is this app to send messages which leaves no permanent record a thing that everybody uses these days? or a teenage thing?

I don't understand why someone would use something that does not leave a permanent record. And in cases like this it would be so useful to have the content of those messages that cannot be retrieved now.

My other question is... the friend when he was texting BB to ask where he was, was he using the same app or is there a record of the actual messages he sent and its content?

Thanks.

BBM- that is an excellent question!

New here, well I have been following a while, but new to posting. I haven't got anything of value to add in terms of ideas or theories, but I do have a very similar experience to the story we are being told about the events of that night.

When I was 18, I was chatting to someone on an app, and we decided to meet. I had my friend drive me there, around 15 minutes away, and we met in a park. My friend left as soon as I exited the car. I had actually lied to them about who I was meeting and pretended it was someone I knew well. It was very late at night, and now I look back and realise how much of a risk I took, but at 18 I had absolutely no idea and was so naive. If the person I was meeting had any bad intentions I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Young adults are incredibly naive and risk takers. At that age I was suffering depression, my family were more bothered about our appearance and reputation than supporting me, and I think that led to me seeking love from other places. I was seen as very sensible, a high achiever, and because of this I felt unbelievably pressured to be perfect.

Now I don't know if I personally believe the story the driver is giving in the case of Blaze, for reasons already stated on here previously, but I just wanted to share my experience, that these things happen and I'd guess they happen alot, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

New here, well I have been following a while, but new to posting. I haven't got anything of value to add in terms of ideas or theories, but I do have a very similar experience to the story we are being told about the events of that night.

When I was 18, I was chatting to someone on an app, and we decided to meet. I had my friend drive me there, around 15 minutes away, and we met in a park. My friend left as soon as I exited the car. I had actually lied to them about who I was meeting and pretended it was someone I knew well. It was very late at night, and now I look back and realise how much of a risk I took, but at 18 I had absolutely no idea and was so naive. If the person I was meeting had any bad intentions I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Young adults are incredibly naive and risk takers. At that age I was suffering depression, my family were more bothered about our appearance and reputation than supporting me, and I think that led to me seeking love from other places. I was seen as very sensible, a high achiever, and because of this I felt unbelievably pressured to be perfect.

Now I don't know if I personally believe the story the driver is giving in the case of Blaze, for reasons already stated on here previously, but I just wanted to share my experience, that these things happen and I'd guess they happen alot, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Welcome and a great first post. Thank you for sharing and your insight [emoji4]

I believe in a couple of articles I read it was reported he used the restroom.

Yes, I found that odd too. Why go into a dark space when you can just "look like you're checking the tire pressure" or "stand by a bush" as my husband does on occasion when travelling, especially late at night.

I agree with you. Something seems off with the parents.

Could their recent comment (paraphrasing) "...no matter what" suggest perhaps that Blaze became involved with someone thought of as unsavory by the parents. Could this have been a past buisness associate / friend of their's? Someone who they had an adversarial relationship with them that could have a motivation to compromise their son? Could Blaze fit the profile of a 'fixer' in the family?

Their comment just jumped out at me.

Also I would kindly disagree with those of you who stated that kids like Blaze are not at risk for trafficking or sexual exploitation. Particularly boys of a certain type, white, good looking and younger looking than they actually are imho at very high at risk for this. Anecdotally for decades boys like this have been abducted or groomed by others to no good end.

I think we all can relate to having had some confusion about our emeging sexuality at his age, when you toss in coming to terms with everything attendant to coming out, if this was the case, makes people his age especially vunerable.

Thanks for the welcome btw!! :heartluv:

Being he was charred beyond recognition it's probably going to be a long and tedious process to identify. Ugh.
I thought that, too, but last night, 001 shared this:
I think that unless the body is identified as Blaze tomorrow, it is exceedingly unlikely. The turnaround on identifying burned bodies from dental records is only a few days, and given the vast resources of the OCSD and the significant media attention given to this case, I believe they already have internally answered that question by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member