Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the parents defense, they cancelled his flight on Saturday, probably 24 hours before the flight was scheduled to leave. Even if Blaze walked in the door after they cancelled, as a parent I would want to check and make sure Blaze is healthy enough to return to school at that point. I wouldn't send my child across the country the next day.

As I said above about it being unlikely he would fly anyway. Cancelling flights just wouldn't be a priority. Neither would a refund for that matter.

Anyway, I regret bringing this up. I knew I would.

Blaze is not a child, he is a man; old enough to fight and kill for our country and buy booze. This is not helpful; in fact it may be the very reason we are all here on this man's missing case.

Blaze is not a child, he is a man; old enough to fight and kill for our country and buy booze. This is not helpful; in fact it may be the very reason we are all here on this man's missing case.

He can do all that and more. Just can't buy booze, legal age is 21.

I know I have looked at the maps and the surrounding area looks like nice neighborhoods, but for the local ones, are there any vacant homes? Maybe down off of 241 at the next exit?

Respectfully, I don't find the parents' behavior and statements that odd. It seems to me they are grasping at straws as they truly have no clue what happened. If I had someone missing and I was asking for help from my community, I'd ask them to call me too if they could provide information. The dynamics of families differ, especially when a kid is entering adulthood.

<modsnip>

It is very possible that LE has laid down the law, ie He has committed no crime, he is voluntary missing, and not endangered to the police. If my parents still ran almost every aspect of my life at 19 I would have fled. I was emancipated at 16 instead by a good judge who also made sure I got my dead fathers VA and SS pmts. And there was back pay! No matter how much an adult loves their family, there are limits and I wonder if there was any type of argument or if Blaze felt owned or bossed around. I continue to have tremendous hope he is alive, being no body has been found. I seriously rule out bad hookup as all signs point to a possible life he did not want. I also want to add that IF he is alive I am sure he is mortified at all the public speculation regarding his personal life. I feel for him, and picked up on controlling macro managing from day one. I am mortified for him, because if we are correct and he has fled expectations of family, I know exactly the heartache this can and will cause. In my case, it was decades of pain.

<modsnip>

-Canceling the flight: the parents have hope, you have to have hope that he will return and have to fly back to school. Without hope they have nothing. They have to keep busy with daily life some what or they will be insane. LE may have told them to say that so if there is a person under suspect to let them think the parents assume he took off on his own, even though that may not be the case, so the possible suspect lets his guard down.
- A community Jewish day school posted for the parents and "if you have no information, please do not call". That number is for leads and info only believe it or not 100's will call and say sorry to hear about Blaze. I didn't know Blaze but praying for the family, Hi just calling to see if there are any updates?
(like people do on these forums which is ridiculous just read the last couple forum pages), and on and on. Which is all well and good. However do you think the family wants these lines busied up with fluff when someone has to courage to pick up the phone with info, gets a full mailbox or busy hangs ups and never calls again! WHen these cases do not end up good, you have no idea the people that come out of the woodwork that never knew him or her that to go to wakes, shivas and funerals and try to go to the house after just because "THEY WANTED TO SEE"

You can be sure the parents are following instruction of law enforcement what to say and what not to say. Investigation 101. It is common sense.

Remember one thing "But there for the grace of God go I"

Perhaps the investigators should be looking up in the trees in the park instead of down on the ground.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...ad-Mercer-Police-Investigation-452540883.html

^^Houndpounder well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would probably be hospitalized if I was in this situation. I'm too emotional. I don't know how they stay so composed. It's baffling.

Though I have no direct knowledge of Blaze's parents, I would not be surprised if their doctor has them under fairly heavy sedation with anti-anxiety medication at this time. In fact, I tend to believe that may be more likely than not.

I worked on an adult in-patient, locked psychiatric unit of a regular hospital for the last fifteen years of my nursing career. Was Charge Nurse for the last seven.

We often had people admitted who had lost children and were understandably, having great difficulty coping. Their doctors kept them under heavy sedation with anti-anxiety meds until they had a better grasp on their tragic situations.

The medication makes them move and process conversation much more slowly.

I remember one mother particularly. Her 11 y/o daughter went out for a bike ride on their quiet suburban street. When she didn't come home the mother went searching. She didn't have to go very far before she found her a few houses down. Dead, next to her bike, a victim of hit and run.

We kept the mother under very heavy sedation. She was the first one I thought of when I saw Blaze's mother in the videos.

I could be wrong of course, but I know I myself would not cope well. I believe his parents are going through the worst nightmare possible. People under extreme stress do not react as they normally do.

I myself, am giving them a whole lot of leeway before I do any judging of whether their reactions are what I call appropriate or not...

JMO

The issue here is that from square one we have info that doesn't make sense. Supposedly he called a friend to come give him a ride to a park that is a five minute walk from his house?

This makes no sense. If he wanted to voluntarily disappear, then perhaps he would have called a friend to take him somewhere, but not to a park 5 min from his house.

A news source reported that Bernstein's father said he received two independent calls on Jan. 3 at around 5 a.m. notifying him of a potential sighting of Bernstein on a nearby highway. http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...upenn-penn-orange-county-student-philadelphia Is there another account of when he was noticed missing?

I've listened to the LA/Orange County Highway Patrol broadcast from this period (4:47am-5:56am on the 3rd) and didn't hear anything. I can't figure out how to attach the mp3 files from the broadcast, but if someone's interested I can send them via DM.

A news source reported that Bernstein's father said he received two independent calls on Jan. 3 at around 5 a.m. notifying him of a potential sighting of Bernstein on a nearby highway. http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...upenn-penn-orange-county-student-philadelphia Is there another account of when he was noticed missing?

Little confused here. He went to the park on the 2nd near 11:00PM. Parents said that they did not know he was missing until the mom went to the dentist appointment on the 3rd and he did not show up. That would have been AFTER the 5AM call that the dad said he received on the 3rd of someone saying he was spotted.

Though I have no direct knowledge of Blaze's parents, I would not be surprised if their doctor has them under fairly heavy sedation with anti-anxiety medication at this time. In fact, I tend to believe that may be more likely than not.

I worked on an adult in-patient psychiatric locked unit for the last fifteen years of my nursing career. Was Charge Nurse for the last seven.

We often had people admitted who had lost children and were understandably, having great difficulty coping. Their doctors kept them under heavy sedation with anti-anxiety meds until they had a better grasp on their tragic situations.

The medication makes them move and process conversation much more slowly.

I remember one mother particularly. Her 11 y/o daughter went out for a bike ride on their quiet suburban street. When she didn't come home the mother went searching. She didn't have to go very far before she found her a few houses down. Dead, next to her bike, a victim of hit and run.

We kept the mother under very heavy sedation. She was the first one I thought of when I saw Blaze's mother in the videos.

I could be wrong of course but I know myself, I would not cope well. I believe his parents are going through the worst nightmare possible. People under extreme stress do not react as they normally do.

I myself, am giving them a whole lot of leeway before I do any judging of whether their reactions are what I call appropriate or not...

JMO

Thank you for your insight, JazzTune. I appreciate/respect your insight on this matter (as I do with all of your posts) and appreciate the way you conveyed your knowledge. It's nice to be educated on something you have a lot of experience with instead of made to feel wrong for expressing your concerns.

Little confused here. He went to the park on the 2nd near 11:00PM. Parents said that they did not know he was missing until the mom went to the dentist appointment on the 3rd and he did not show up. That would have been AFTER the 5AM call that the dad said he received on the 3rd of someone saying he was spotted.

I'd say that was a bit of not so great reporting from the DP there.

I am going to go here: It is very possible that LE has laid down the law, ie He has committed no crime, he is voluntary missing, and not endangered to the police. If my parents still ran almost every aspect of my life at 19 I would have fled. I was emancipated at 16 instead by a good judge who also made sure I got my dead fathers VA and SS pmts. And there was back pay! No matter how much an adult loves their family, there are limits and I wonder if there was any type of argument or if Blaze felt owned or bossed around. I continue to have tremendous hope he is alive, being no body has been found. I seriously rule out bad hookup as all signs point to a possible life he did not want. I also want to add that IF he is alive I am sure he is mortified at all the public speculation regarding his personal life. I feel for him, and picked up on controlling macro managing from day one. I am mortified for him, because if we are correct and he has fled expectations of family, I know exactly the heartache this can and will cause. In my case, it was decades of pain.

Maybe someone with more specifics can chime in here but as far as I understand it even though Blaze is technically an adult due to his age and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance LE will still investigate it as if he is a minor child. In fact, LE has already stated that they have 6 homicide detectives still combing through evidence.

<modsnip>

I'd also like to comment on the criticisms being lobbed at Blaze's parents about their behaviors, pictures, etc. We can all sit here and say what we THINK we would do in a situation like this and how we would act but the fact of the matter is this: we don't know what our reactions would be. Different people process and handle things differently. When my brother was murdered my parents kept up a very strong facade when they faced the public, they even maintained their composure around me and my surviving brothers. Privately however, they let their emotions loose. They yelled and screamed and cried. I didn't know they did that until years later when I was an adult and I was speaking to my mother about that dark time and she told me how her and dad felt they needed to show strength not only to us kids but to the larger community. Ultimately how they chose to handle that entire situation was informed by their own upbringing where they were taught that you don't wear your emotions on your sleeve, you don't let other people know what you're thinking or feeling, you show confidence and control when facing adversity but let your guard down when in private, among the people who matter, your family.

<modsnip>

Just guessing here, but maybe it is lazy reporting and it's actually meant to say...
"A news source reported that Bernstein's father said he received two independent calls notifying him of a potential sighting of Bernstein on a nearby highway on Jan. 3 at around 5 a.m."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998