KY KY - Vickie DeLaurier, 44, Radcliffe, 17 Dec 2005

DeLaurier had taken out an Emergency Protective Order against her then live-in boyfriend, Ray Hively, Jr. on December 5th. In it, she accuses him of threatening to "blow her brains out with a gun."

Police say they have questioned Hively, but do not consider him a suspect at this point. Mines did tell us that his mother was in the process of trying to move to a safer place away from Hively.
>>>>>>>>
another poor woman who met the wrong guy .:behindbar and they dont consider him a suspect at this time :doh: I hope they find her and she is OK .

I'll place my bet on this ex-boyfriend. I wonder what she was doing on a road that she usually doesn't travel? He must have caught her out there and forced her to stop. Doesn't look good. My heart goes out to her son.

You can bet LE is looking at this guy as a suspect.

I just heard this on my local news this evening, Radcliff KY is about a 30-40 minute drive from me. Evidently she worked at either a Sav A Lot or Dollar General (sorry was working and listening to TV in the other room at the time) and was last seen leaving work driving to make the nightly deposit. Her car was found later. The folks they interviewed on TV (not sure who-relatives or friends?) say she would not have stolen the deposit money and taken off. They also said she has a teen age child who she would not have left. Not much I could find on the internet but here's what I did find:

(Sorry if I posted the link wrong, I can never remember if I quote some of the story or none of it...someone clue me in and hopefully I will remember) :bang:

WHAS Missing Woman

Grrrr after checking my link it says you need to register to read and I never did! I just looked up her name on google and found it :banghead:

Hey MidnightMyst,
This is what I posted earlier. It seems like the stories are a little different, though. Hopefully someone will combine the two threads.
Prayers they find this woman. The boyfriend seems the likely perp, though.

ShowerSinger said:
Hey MidnightMyst,
This is what I posted earlier. It seems like the stories are a little different, though. Hopefully someone will combine the two threads.
Prayers they find this woman. The boyfriend seems the likely perp, though.

Thanks ! I did search before I posted but I searched on the first name of Vickey, not Vickie. I had not heard of this before yesterday on the news.

I used to live in Vine Grove we rented a house there while waiting for on post housing at near by Fort Knox. The Radcliff sav a lot is where she worked I never saw her there but I definately used to shop there. Poor lady I hope she is ok but this dont look good at all. That is a safe area to live its quiet its country. I do believe the EX has blood on his hands. :confused:

MidnightMyst said:
Thanks ! I did search before I posted but I searched on the first name of Vickey, not Vickie. I had not heard of this before yesterday on the news.

Just what happened to Laurier is still a mystery. She was last seen on December 17th of 2005 leaving her workplace, a Save-a-lot store in Radcliff where she was an office manager.

She was supposed to take a nearly $2500 dollar deposit to the bank, but never made it there. Her car was found about two miles away on Kentucky 313 near South Boundary Road in Radcliff. It was unlocked, had gas in it, and the flashers were on. Police say her car was parked at a strange angle...

She had asked for an emergency protective order against her live-in-boyfriend, and also had an estranged husband. She had missed the domestic violence hearing set for the Monday after her disappearance. Police say the boyfriend took a polygraph test and passed. The estranged husband had ties tot he military and Military Police investigated him. [Captain Dale Riggs] says those men were never suspects...

Her 17-year-old son at the time was also interviewed, but passed a polygraph test. Police say her two cell phones were never used since her disappearance. And her personal bank accounts remain untouched...

Radcliff Police processed her car, but didn't find any evidence. They also issued a warrant for De Laurier's arrest because of the missing money,

http://www.wdrb.com/story/13412455/vine-grove-woman-still-missing-nearly-5-years-later

2013:

Vine Grove police chief Kenneth Mattingly says, "I would personally say it's suspicious in nature because, it's just like she vanished off the face of the earth."

Mattingly says the years since have been frustrating. Now, they might finally be of some benefit.

“It’s been eight years since she's gone missing, There's been changes in DNA, changes in fiber evidence, and collecting so I just want to go back and revisit and make sure that everything that can be done is done,” Mattingly said. ..

Although Delaurier's case is a missing person's case, in Radcliff, it has been treated as a theft. The night she disappeared Delaurier was set to make a $3,000 deposit for the Save-A-Lot. She never made that deposit.

So many places that he could have hidden her. I am from E Town and the surrounding counties can lead you into very uninhabited places. Lots of old towns that no longer exist, but some buildings remain, and there are numerous lakes, rivers and mine shafts in that area too. I know there is one leading toward Brandenburg that I once came across and that was only because we were in a jeep.

Unidentified Skeletal remains found in Radcliff:
Radcliff Police Chief Jeff Cross said the remains were limited in nature and were located behind a set of homes off East Lincoln Trail Boulevard.

Hardin County Coroner Dr. William Lee transported the remains to Louisville today. An examination is expected Thursday in hopes of identifying the individual, Cross said.

Cross said police were contacted by a resident when they were discovered.
http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/ne...cle_96a633f2-c9b2-55a8-998b-11e94804bf77.html

• vickey_carolyn_de_laurier_1.jpg
  • vickey_carolyn_de_laurier_2.jpg
  • delaurier_vicky3.jpg
de Laurier, circa 2005
  • Missing Since 12/17/2005
  • Missing From Radcliff, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 44 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 170 - 190 pounds

• Medical Conditions De Laurier has hypertension, Crohn's Disease and Barrett's Disease. Crohn's Disease is a disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract; some symptoms are diarrhea and abdominal pain. Barrett's Disease is an inflammation in the lining of the esophagus and may cause heartburn, blood in the vomit and stool, and difficulty swallowing.

• Associated Vehicle(s) Red Honda Civic (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde/brown hair, blue eyes. Some accounts spell de Laurier's first name "Vickie" or "Vicky," and her last name "deLaurier", "Delaurier" or "De Laurier." She wears eyeglasses and her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

De Laurier was last seen driving home from work in Radcliff, Kentucky on December 17, 2005. She left work at 8:30 p.m. She was never heard from again.

The day after her disappearance, her red Honda Civic was found parked at a strange angle on the side of Highway 313 near south Boundary Road. Her family can think of no reason why she would be driving on that road. The car doors were unlocked, the hazard lights were turned on, and the gas tank was full.

De Laurier's purse and makeup bag were inside the vehicle; it is uncharacteristic of her to go anywhere without her makeup. Authorities stated it appeared as if whoever was driving the car had swung around from south Boundary Road and left the vehicle in a hurry.

At the time of her disappearance, de Laurier had an order of protection pending against her live-in boyfriend. She applied for the order on December 5 after he allegedly threatened to shoot her in the head. She disappeared the day before a scheduled court hearing to discuss the order.

De Laurier's boyfriend is not considered a suspect in her case, as he has cooperated with the police investigation, passed a polygraph and has an alibi for the time she disappeared. Her estranged husband was also investigated and ruled out as a suspect.

De Laurier worked as an office manager at a Sav-A-Lot store at the time of her disappearance. She was carrying almost $2,500 in cash and checks from the store, which she was supposed to deposit. The money disappeared with her, along with her two cellular phones.

All calls made to the phones after her disappearance were transferred immediately to voice mail. Her bank accounts haven't been touched since she went missing. Because of the missing money, there is a warrant out for de Laurier's arrest.

De Laurier has a son who was seventeen years old in 2005; he passed a polygraph and is not considered a suspect in her case. Her son stated they had been planning to move, to get away from her boyfriend. Her disappearance remains unsolved. Both Radcliff and Vine Grove, Kentucky police are investigating.

Investigating Agency​

• Vine Grove Police Department 270-877-2252
  • Radcliff Police Department 270-351-5147

Source Information​

Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 8, 2019; picture added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back