CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if something happened to one of the children (Rape by the father?), and the child and/or siblings threatened to tell someone what happened, and the parents in turn decided to chain/padlock and starve to keep them under further control.

That is the only thing I can think of right now but I can be - and hope - I am wrong.

My hunch is the key will be the bankruptcy. I think they couldn't keep up with expenses and one or both had a mental break. To keep some sort of control - and keep people away - they confined the children....with the hope that someday they would regain normalcy, but someday just kept getting further and further away.

It's just sad and odd that they both must have somehow agreed to this situation - and the older, adult, children bought into it too.

jmopinion

I can see thinking there were far fewer children than there were (not counting that fact that half of them were adults) if they were always dressed alike and sporting the same hairstyles, etc.

But the neighbors not knowing about any children? Has the two-year-old never ventured outside other than to the crazy vow renewal? That baby in the photos is the 2-year-old now, right?

Yes. I know a gal who just had her 9th child at age 48 a year ago, even going the in vitro method with this last one using eggs from her oldest daughter. Her oldest will be 29 this month. I have no doubt she'd have more if not for her age now.
She is VERY open about her only desire in life being a mom and wife. She is great at it, but it is her entire identity, by choice.

It’s def possible. But in vitro is expensive, and often takes multiple cycles. I cant help but think that baby is not her child. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article states the family home address shows it's also registered as a day care center

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/15/13-ma...und-chained-to-beds-in-perris-parents-jailed/

I wonder if it was a scam or something. Perhaps they received food or similar assistance from the state for their "day care center".

And dad was the principal of the school, but I don’t recall where I read that. Oh, I just found it again ... it’s here in the article on heavy.com:

- - -

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/davi...-perris-california-children-shackled-parents/
[FONT=&quot]Authorities allege that the Perris, California couple, who ran a day school out of their home and were beset with financial problems in recent years,...
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In 2011, when the couple declared bankruptcy, David Turpin listed his occupation as an engineer for a global security company/defense contractor, and Louise Turpin was listed as a homemaker.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Neighbors expressed shock, with one telling the Press-Enterprise newspaper that he didn’t even realize there were children inside the home.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most photos showed them with an infant or together, including renewing their vows with an Elvis impersonator. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At the time of the bankruptcy, the couple was living in Murrieta, California. Although they had a lot of mouths to feed, the court records indicate that David Turpin earned more than $11,000 a month working as an engineer for Northrop Grumman, a global security company in San Diego. He also received QuickSilver royalties, the court records showed. It’s not clear where Turpin was working at the time of his arrest.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, the family was struggling with credit card and other debt, including from a farm foreclosure, in 2011, the records show. David Turpin listed a 401K from Lockheed Martin as an asset. It had more than $80,000 in it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]...county records that “indicate that the Turpins own a property at *** Muir Woods Road. That address matches that of Sandcastle Day School, whose principal, state Department of Education Records say, is David Turpin,” [/FONT]reports The Press-Enterprise.

View the Bankruptcy document: https://www.scribd.com/document/369227786/b94af853-4d99-421f-9e7e-a41e1156da93

Yes. I know a gal who just had her 9th child at age 48 a year ago, even going the in vitro method with this last one using eggs from her oldest daughter. Her oldest will be 29 this month. I have no doubt she'd have more if not for her age now.
She is VERY open about her only desire in life being a mom and wife. She is great at it, but it is her entire identity, by choice.

I cannot imagine that, imho that feels like some sort of brainwashing. If I had a daughter and she ever said anything like that, we'd need to have a serious, SERIOUS talk. Women are more than their private parts.

This whole thing is sickening.

It’s def possible. But in vitro is expensive, and often takes multiple cycles. I cant help but think that baby is not her child. JMO

I've a feeling that you are right, the baby belongs to one of the older daughters

My hunch is the key will be the bankruptcy. I think they couldn't keep up with expenses and one or both had a mental break. To keep some sort of control - and keep people away - they confined the children....with the hope that someday they would regain normalcy, but someday just kept getting further and further away.

It's just sad and odd that they both must have somehow agreed to this situation - and the older, adult, children bought into it too.

jmopinion

This is giving the parents far too much credit IMO. I can’t see how they would think that keeping their kids chained down in padlocked rooms would be a great idea while they sit and wait for normalcy to reappear.

I also don’t think the older children bought into this. I can’t imagine there wasn’t always some kind of mental and/or physical abuse present, which ultimately led to this horror. They could have been manipulated and controlled since they were young. I can’t see many 21 year olds “buying into” their parents extreme abuse. Things were probably always bad, but then drastically escalated.

I think the "school" and the "principal" is for homeschooling purposes. I don't think that was actually his paying job at any point. jmo

Ages 2 to 29? That's a huge variance in ages! I wonder if all of the children are from the same 2 parents or if some are stepchildren, 1/2 siblings, foster children, etc.
Such a sad situation. What the heck could be going on in both of the parents minds to be committing these acts against their children?

Our kids are all mine and my husband’s together... 3, 5, 12, 14 and 17.

This “mom” is scary as all get out. How do these people even end up with someone as screwed up as they are to go along with horrors like this?! I’m heartbroken for these kids having been treated in such a way. I’m also really glad that the 17 year old was able to get help before they killed one of them.

This is giving the parents far too much credit IMO. I can’t see how they would think that keeping their kids chained down in padlocked rooms would be a great idea while they sit and wait for normalcy to reappear.

I also don’t think the older children bought into this. I can’t imagine there wasn’t always some kind of mental and/or physical abuse present, which ultimately led to this horror. They could have been manipulated and controlled since they were young. I can’t see many 21 year olds “buying into” their parents extreme abuse. Things were probably always bad, but then drastically escalated.

I don't think they thought it was a good idea. I think it was a situation that spiraled and got worse over the years, day by day until the parents couldn't dig their way out of the situation - like severe depression but even worse.

Of course, I'm guessing at this point. We'll learn more eventually.

jmo

What an odd story! Logging on here since I live fairly close by. I think it is her baby, I know of several women who conceived naturally around that age. Its def. possible. The girls in their late 20's- at least two IMO look special needs. They are all so thin and pale in the photos. Def. brainwashed and kept captive most their lives. Something must have happened to make the brave 17 year old snap and seek help. Perhaps the chaining of the youngest. I think more info will come out as time goes on. Praying for these poor children and adults that were kept in a child-like state.

This is an unbelievable heartbreaking story. I honestly feel there are so many others out there who are also being held prisoners inside of their own homes who have not been able to escape their house of horrors.

I am so glad the 17 year old had the courage to escape and expose all of this horror.

imo

Wow that one pic of each child wearing a THING shirt with their number on it freaks me the H*LL out!

Notice how some are grouped shirts by age. I am thankful the 17 knew how to contact 911. Makes me think of those young ladies found few yrs ago. Can't remember their names.

You think a woman would willing be a breeding cow for 13 kids like this? In that situation you really think the mother is pushing the agenda for more kids over and over and over and over?

some women do

What an odd story! Logging on here since I live fairly close by. I think it is her baby, I know of several women who conceived naturally around that age. Its def. possible. The girls in their late 20's- at least two IMO look special needs. They are all so thin and pale in the photos. Def. brainwashed and kept captive most their lives. Something must have happened to make the brave 17 year old snap and seek help. Perhaps the chaining of the youngest. I think more info will come out as time goes on. Praying for these poor children and adults that were kept in a child-like state.

Conceiving at 46 naturally isn’t common. Sorry, it just isn’t. Unless there’s pics of her pregnant with the youngest, my gut is telling me it may not be her child.

Conceiving at 46 naturally isn’t common. Sorry, it just isn’t. Unless there’s pics of her pregnant with the youngest, my gut is telling me it may not be her child.

makes me worry if there may be failed pregnancies or deceased children still unfound...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288