CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this case is pretty much guaranteed to be high-profile, we will see TONS of social media rumors, and likely a bunch of new members here (YAY!).

Just to help our incredible mods from having to do a ton of clean-up here, I am posting the link to the rules regarding social media here. If we follow them, we don't run the risk of getting the thread shut down for cleanup! :)

I had to look them up myself to brush up.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.

Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.

Paraphrasing is okay.

Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.

Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.

If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.

Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.

Paraphrasing is okay.

***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect

Friends of either a victim or a suspect

Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

:bump:

I'd also be willing to guess there's not much use of the internet or television in their household. No chance for Mom to watch tv shows where she might learn about proper health and nutrition or how healthy children look. She should know better, though. I'm sensing some kind of OCD related to food and meal time. Some people have a lot of paranoia and obsessive thinking about how much and what they eat, e.g. anorexic behavior. The mom looks pretty well fed, though.

Only photo public on her personal FB posted in 2013. She looks anorexic and unwell. Anorexia/eating disorders are quite often coexisting with other mental illnesses.
be36c1a301c97731e1d38129e0145579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And also, regarding tracking down siblings, in 2013 Billy Lambert posted

Elizabeth commented on that and responded

:thinking:

Careful sleuthing victim and family members and posting direct social media information. It's against Websleuth's rules unless a mod approves.

Anyone know how long they were held there? How long it's been since they were seen last?

Even a direct report to LE or CPS, without something beyond a creepy feeling, wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

CPS would (rightly) ask about what the neighbor (or whomever) was concerned about. Without something fairly concrete, they could go knock on the door and the parent who answers would be within their rights to turn them away. And in fact, many homeschool sites online advise families of this. Rightly or wrongly many such "off the grid" families operate under a high level of paranoia about "the state" coming after them.

Certainly we all need to be aware and share when we see something indicative of abuse/neglect. But we also need to have policies in place require some regulation of homeschooling (and private schooling) because it can so easily become a cover for abuse.

Careful sleuthing victim and family members and posting direct social media information. It's against Websleuth's rules unless a mod approves.
Woops, sorry! I was trying to track down the rules and having trouble

Anyone know how long they were held there? How long it's been since they were seen last?

RSBM

It's telling that some of their nearby/next door neighbors didn't know they even HAD children ! According to the news articles... the kids were allowed out for the macabre 'wedding' ceremonies and those 'trips' to Disneyland. Possible bribes to silence all of the abuse ?
And otherwise kept inside the house of horrors.
:moo:

Even a direct report to LE or CPS, without something beyond a creepy feeling, wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

CPS would (rightly) ask about what the neighbor (or whomever) was concerned about. Without something fairly concrete, they could go knock on the door and the parent who answers would be within their rights to turn them away. And in fact, many homeschool sites online advise families of this. Rightly or wrongly many such "off the grid" families operate under a high level of paranoia about "the state" coming after them.

Certainly we all need to be aware and share when we see something indicative of abuse/neglect. But we also need to have policies in place require some regulation of homeschooling (and private schooling) because it can so easily become a cover for abuse.

In the press conference today, LE, the mayor, CFS, everyone kept emphasizing that people should report to them if they see something wrong like the situation with the Turpin family. So they must feel they have the proper authority to investigate these cases of abuse. I'm willing to defer to LE's judgment on this and call if I see something is wrong.

All said though, from the ultra religious standpoint the Elvis stuff, normal-ish clothing, mom’s strapless wedding dresses, all the DVDs, Vegas trips, etc. would be odd and generally not tolerated by most of the more “mainstream” evangelical Christian groups. Several Christian groups also have a problem with Disney in general and have boycotted the brand en masse in the past.

I don't think that they are a part of any real religious group/org/church. I think that she has taken parts of her upbringing, and maybe mixed it with the "quiver full" families they've seen on t.v., poured in their own thoughts, and come up with their own beliefs that they follow. They are, basically, the only members of their own church. The parents didn't want anyone turning in their membership, and leaving, either. That's just my feel.

How do they look sickly? They look healthy to me. This family has plenty of public social media to almost instantly dispute any rash accusations.MOO

The birth dates of that other family show that they had children once a year for quite a few years. Its almost like they were on a mission to have as many kids as possible.

I wonder if there is a financial incentive in having so many kids and they just claim its for other reasons.

I'm starting to agree with the former poster here who stated she thought both parents are narcissists who only care about themselves and satisfying their own personal needs.
I've seen parents like this with several kids who are neglected, semi-starved, poorly dressed, physically abused, isolated.
It's more common than most people would believe. Maybe not to the extreme of this family. But I don't cut the parents
any slack. The mother definitely lacks a nuturing gene. Maybe she was a neglected child and never learned how to
be a good parent or how to be concerned for her children's welfare. but at some point it seems that common sense would kick in and she would figure it out, IF SHE CAREd. BUT NEITHER PARENT CARED ENOUGH TO CHANGE.
Same w/ David. I think the 2 bankruptcies was a scheme. charge up major credit card debt, then walk away from it.
His parents must be cringeing that they raised this son and her parents also. Irresponsible and narcisstic both of them.

I think David is the smart one out of the two. If she believes like I think she does, he is the King of the Castle. What he says goes. Defer, always, to the male. Divorce is not an option, make your man happy, and everyone will be happy.

BBM, I was raised by my grandparents. They often spoke about the man in the family eating good food while the rest didn't. This is nothing new. I don't believe it's a "religious" thing, just a fact of life, probably practiced by many "tribes" in the old days.

Funny you mention that... my mother would serve my father 3 plates full of food but the children were allowed one strict serving. And I went on to develop some pretty severe eating disorders through my teen years. It's a shame that people think they're doing something normal or benign and have no concept of how it's going to affect their kids.

How do they look sickly? They look healthy to me. This family has plenty of public social media to almost instantly dispute any rash accusations.MOO

The children, especially the boys look very thin and emaciated. The baby the mom is holding doesn't look healthy either, with thin forearms. The little girl wearing boots standing in front of the boys is very thin with a distended stomach, another sign of being malnourished. The little girl dressed in black on the far right has very skinny arms. I notice this family and the Turpins have a tendency to dress their kids in bulky, baggy clothing which hides their thin bodies.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/cropped-Website-cover-1.jpg

Just noticed in this Disneyland pic (with other relatives), how the girls are dressed as three sets of triplets. The youngest, the middle, the oldest. And the boys are dressed as a set of triplets. This was posted Aug 2011. Nine girls, three boys.
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c6c7515d3b7e54630537d1ecf9a12c6b&oe=5AE2902D

A year later, Aug 2012, this pic is posted. Now it could be from the same time frame, but you'll see the exact same outfits as the pic from above: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...55931123.80723.100001809545334&type=3&theater Now the comment "are any of your kids twins" makes more sense, because they are dressed as sets of triplets....

In that 2011 picture, there's another boy that kind of looks like the sons. I'm not sure whether this is another relative... but I wanted to point it out to get second opinions on it.

<snipped>

If the younger sister was being sexually abused after Louise's marriage, maybe Louise was the victim before she got married and left. Good reason to marry at 16 and get outta dodge. MOO.

That's what I'm wondering.

Funny you mention that... my mother would serve my father 3 plates full of food but the children were allowed one strict serving. And I went on to develop some pretty severe eating disorders through my teen years. It's a shame that people think they're doing something normal or benign and have no concept of how it's going to affect their kids.
I think it hails back to the days when the man of the house got the most/best food so he would have the strength to work and earn a living at a time when most jobs were still manual labor.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I don't think that they are a part of any real religious group/org/church. I think that she has taken parts of her upbringing, and maybe mixed it with the "quiver full" families they've seen on t.v., poured in their own thoughts, and come up with their own beliefs that they follow. They are, basically, the only members of their own church. The parents didn't want anyone turning in their membership, and leaving, either. That's just my feel.

JMO
I agree.

The poor children is all I keep thinking about. Being somewhat isolated from society's norms and not knowing any different because all their "teachings" are coming from inside the family.

They probably did not even know that real emotional and developmental harm was being done to them.

For people that may not see the emotional and mental harm that happens in families with such extreme and unique religous teachings then I just keep going back to the Bevers case. It finally hit a breaking point in that family until the two young brothers killed almost the entire family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_Arrow_killings

I can’t find the comment she made about the hubby working for Northrop again. I wanted to compare the date to what the company said he last worked there (2010)

Curious, isn't it? Do we know why he left Northrup? Did I miss that some where? I'd surely like to know why he isn't working there any more. Too busy making Vegas & Disney trips? Too busy raising & schooling their children?

On another note -- do we know whether either of the two parents were raised in a way similar to the way they have "raised" their children? Does either of them come from a large family? Was either of them kept inside their house and chained-up to a piece of furniture when s/he was growing up? (Serious questions -- no sarcasm intended.)

If a relative will not let you speak to the kids , or won't allow you to enter their house... Should really put up warning flags.
There's not much you can do about it -- but you SHOULD contact the authorities. At least you know you tried.

People who close their eyes to abuse and do nothing are also complicit.

Gabriel Lopez' teacher contacted the authorities more than once about the condition he was in. Sadly, CPS let it go ... and allowed him to die.
There is no excuse to just do nothing.
Sick of these stories of abuse --where it might have been prevented.

If these abusers (Turpin parents) didn't report these births/no social sec. number; wonder if there are bodies buried in their yard, or elsewhere ?
They were so secretive. :(
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads