Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherry, Agree, but wait, how do we know BB never walked away from the car? Are you saying he was killed in the car? I thought LE said he was killed in the park?

I'm not convinced it was a "hate" crime the way it's typically used. You could link any murder as a hate crime. I think SW was closeted. I think both had a history to their relationship. It's like the ugly duckling that turned into a swan. Maybe BB had a crush on SW and it came to fruition when SW actually showed interest back he (SW) bragged about it. It's the classic nerdy girl gets the high school quarterback after high school.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-blaze-bernstein-details-killing-20180116-story.html
The LA Times may be easier for some to digest. We need the affidavit and it is a public record.

I didn’t see anything in the article that said B.B. never made it out of the vehicle. I only saw this, which states evidence was found in the vehicle that linked him to the crime. Could be anything, really. I’ve read the blanket was found in his car, I’ve also heard a trash can outside of his home. It could be a weapon, one of SW’s bloody prints....

“Samuel Woodward, 20, was arrested Friday on suspicion of the murder of Bernstein after DNA evidence at the crime scene in Borrego Park and inside his car tied him to the slaying, officials said.”

Has the affidavit been published? I may have missed it... If so, where could I find it? TIA!

Has the affidavit been published? I may have missed it... If so, where could I find it? TIA!

No the OC Register got a copy and has been realeasing small bits of info on different days. Shortly after OCR got a copy the document was sealed.

Please elaborate. I’m not comprehending this. TIA

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ng-could-be-hate-crime-suspect-used-gay-slur/[FONT=&quot]

Bernstein also wrote that another friend referred to Woodward as “closeted … and he was telling the truth for once.”

[/FONT]another friend....and he was telling the truth for once. Bernstein is saying another friend is a known liar. Bernstein decides the one time the liar tells the truth...Woodward closeted.

Evidence of a closeted gay would be hearsay, rumors. Basis for determining truth or lie was Bernstein's feelings toward Woodward. Bernstein believes lie as truth, Bernstein keeps dreaming wanting to have sex with Sam.

Bernstein goes with fact...known liar is lying, Bernstein cannot have what Bernstein wants sex with Sam.

Waiting on Teatime about the 4 hours link or info. Does anyone else have anything on this?

Not to speak ill but what if BB was proving some sort of a point? Closeted SW "finally telling the truth."? Not an excuse. Just looking for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ng-could-be-hate-crime-suspect-used-gay-slur/[FONT="]

Bernstein also wrote that another friend referred to Woodward as “closeted … and he was telling the truth for once.”

[/FONT]another friend....and he was telling the truth for once. Bernstein is saying another friend is a known liar. Bernstein decides the one time the liar tells the truth...Woodward closeted.

Evidence of a closeted gay would be hearsay, rumors. Basis for determining truth or lie was Bernstein's feelings toward Woodward. Bernstein believes lie as truth, Bernstein keeps dreaming wanting to have sex with Sam.

Bernstein goes with fact...known liar is lying, Bernstein cannot have what Bernstein wants sex with Sam.

Thank you for elaborating further. To be clear, is this your opinion or is this documented and I’ve missed it?

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ng-could-be-hate-crime-suspect-used-gay-slur/[FONT=&quot]

This

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sentence quote from OC Register.

Diagramming sentence to visualize how different parts fit together is from school learning.

Waiting on Teatime about the 4 hours link or info. Does anyone else have anything on this?

No, I don't see how any news agency could have reported that SW called police within 4 hours or took police to the body within four hours. That does not align with anything we've been told. The only thing that comes anywhere close is that SW apparently told police that he returned to the park at 4 a.m. to look for BB after BB disappeared. http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/missing-student-from-foothill-ranch/

What do u mean “we know now he never walked away from the car”?

First I've heard of that. I'd like to know, too. I'd also like to know where it said definitively that he was actually killed in the park in the literal sense as oppose to generally killed in the park.

Cherry, Agree, but wait, how do we know BB never walked away from the car? Are you saying he was killed in the car? I thought LE said he was killed in the park?
Hi! Since it has been reported 'they' drove several places we cannot believe or I,myself cannot believe that he walked away. Also there was the police beat disturbance called in at the hobby lobby parking lot. I,don't believe SW statements at this point. He lied from the start. I want to know about why he had a rental car, where is his car? AFAIK, he was killed inside a vehicle or possibly in the park. Was it an SUV, that would fit the sleeping bag in the back w seats down? We don't yet know the exact location sight of this murder. I have so many questions. I want to know who paid for this car rental. I want to know which location was the murder scene. 22 stab wounds to the face neck and chest is extremely personal. Intense rage and hatred. We have confirmation at some point prior BB outed SW online via text.
We have LE describe a flurry of sms snapchats between the two prior to SW picking Blaze up. That content is also crucial. SWs timeline gps that night is crucial and for all we know BB could have been in the trunk, then he returns at 4:30 destroying his own timeline and story. SW changed his story, he lied, there is no girlfriend and he had an instrument to stab repeatedly. I think this is murder in the first, special circumstances esp,cruel and a hate crime. I am completely tore up knowing his death was esp brutal and I wonder if the disturbance was screaming. We went from walked off to ran away to a girlfriend then a fight club. It's very clear to me why SW flunked out.
I agree w his family about the release aka leak regarding his COD, several papers had SWs photo right next to Blaze and this crossed an ethical line for me. I'm not family, and yet I was hurt when I saw that. This is no case of self defense, anyone suggesting so doesn't understand murder, or law at all.
I am confident there will be special circumstance charged tomorrow, see you then! Forgive my rant, it's late and I cannot get this man out of my mind. My heart aches for his family and friends. I'll never forget him, and what should have been.

First I've heard of that. I'd like to know, too. I'd also like to know where it said definitively that he was actually killed in the park in the literal since as oppose to generally killed in the park.
This was a statement in the beginning, SW Stated to LE to absolve himself from his crime IMO. It was a failed attempt to distance himself from the investigation, he was only missing at that point. yet SW hastily buried him in that park. IMO I do not believe one thing SW has stated, this is my personal belief and conclusion based on what we know now. The slight description of BBs wounds lead me to believe he may have been on his knees. We will have to wait for his Case to come to trial. I hated writing this post, and I mean no disrespect. SW was armed, he came to this meet and greet armed and we don't know if LE has recovered the murder weapon. Knowing SW's parent is a therapist made my skin crawl. I repeat we do not know where BB was murdered. Did he wrap him in the sleeping bag after? Did he drive around w him afterwards? Did he kill Blaze in the hobby lobby parking lot?

“In a 16-page search warrant affidavit obtained by the Orange County Register, “

(That same 16 page sw affidavit again!)

“Woodward, 20, of Newport Beach, told investigators he pushed Bernstein away and wanted to call him a “******,” according to the affidavit. Detectives noted that Woodward clenched his jaw and fists when telling them how he felt.”

“The affidavit also quoted text conversations between Bernstein and a female friend last summer in which Bernstein wrote that he wanted to have sex with Woodward.

Bernstein also wrote that another friend referred to Woodward as “closeted … and he was telling the truth for once.””

So the Philadelphia news story was quoting correctly and did not confuse the names. They just scooped their source.

Link to article

From Gideon Bernstein at the memorial service:

During the memorial, Gideon Bernstein, Blaze’s father, addressed his son this way: “You were like a young pony just getting into a steady gallop, with your face to the wind and so looking forward to what was coming next.

“Blaze, I know you didn’t like the spotlight,” he said, gazing out at the crowd, “but you’d be amazed at all the good things being done in your honor here today.”

Email campaign urges no bail for Blaze Bernstein's suspected killer
CBS/AP

Jan 16 '18, 11:40 pm

"Orange County residents started an email campaign to urge no bail for the suspected killer of 19-year-old Blaze Bernstein, CBS Los Angeles reports."

~
[video=youtube;0rSoHldM6S8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rSoHldM6S8[/video]
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/16/new-details-death-blaze-bernstein/
Michele Gile reports

"...
will be arraigned Wednesday, according to the Orange County District Attorney.

On the eve of one of the most highly anticipated court appearances in Orange County history, an email campaign has begun by parents in Newport Beach. They are worried that the accused Woodward could be freed on bail.

The Orange County Superior Court bail schedule is as follows: If someone is charged with Murder, Special Circumstances there is no bail; for Voluntary Manslaughter bail is $100,000. For all other murders bail is $1,000,000.

These days with a bail bond people are expected to post 7 to 8 percent of the prescribed bail, the rest is posted as collateral.

..."

~

A Life Too Short: Blaze Bernstein Obituary
Blaze Bernstein, called a renaissance man by his family, died tragically at 19 in January 2018. His parents challenge all to #dogood4blaze
By Ashley Ludwig,Staff Patch

Jan 16, 2018 4:39 pm ET

~

Remembering Blaze Bernstein
Sara Esther Crispe, Contributor, HuffPost
1/16/18 10:18 pm et

"...
The media began interviewing his parents, Gideon and Jeanne Bernstein, and their strength and composure as they faced their most horrific nightmare, made everyone who saw their faces feel like they knew them. And like they knew Blaze. He had become everyone’s missing child. Everyone’s son.

And then the dreaded news broke. The police confirmed that Blaze’s body had been found. And now an arrest has been made. It would seem as if, in many ways, we have reached the end of this tragic story. But Blaze’s story isn’t over. Far from it. In so many ways, it is just beginning.
The family did not ask for their privacy (which they had every right to do) and close themselves off from the world, but rather they opened their hearts to the outpouring of love and support that so many desperately want to give.
Jewish philosophy teaches that words from the heart enter the heart. Jeanne’s words and wishes have been heard, felt and acted upon.
..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member