Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is dated 11/17

More hate crimes were carried out in the United States last year, with an uptick in incidents motivated by bias against Jews, Muslims and LGBT people, among others, according to new FBI data released Monday.
There were more than 6,100 reported incidents of hate crimes in 2016, up from more than 5,800 the year before, the FBI said in a report based on data submitted by law enforcement agencies across the country. The number of hate crimes increased for a second consecutive year, and as was the case in 2015, the largest share of victims last year — nearly 6 in 10 — were targeted because of bias against the victim’s race or ethnicity.

This is hate crime information for 2016?

From OCR:

Woodward HAD BEEN held in Orange County Jail in lieu of a $2 million bail, but Wednesday afternoon prosecutors successfully got a judge to remove any chance he could get out on bail. Woodward made an appearance in Orange County Superior Court on Wednesday, and is now to return on Feb. 2, when the charge would be formally read to him and he can plead guilty or not guilty.

Are you saying that in your opinion a reasonable person would murder someone over an unwanted kiss???

Also, yes, a woman might call it sexual harassment, but a reasonable woman would probably not stab a man 22 times over it either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IMO, a reasonable woman "in that situatuon" would know what "in that situation" means...murder someone yes....aftermath...unwanted kiss. Fight or Flight Response.

Offhand, was this testimony an official part of LE's discoveries, or reported in mainstream media? If this is sworn testimony of some sort, then it will be of further interest on this forum.

There have been comments about him on Reddit and the like, but that is off limits for this site (hearsay, unverifiable).

The comments by the 10th grade teacher were reported in this article by the Philadelphia Inquirer, which by the way have fixed their earlier confusing error about who texted who last summer.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...ein-california-stabbed-20-times-20180116.html

Offhand, was this testimony an official part of LE's discoveries, or reported in mainstream media? If this is sworn testimony of some sort, then it will be of further interest on this forum.

There have been comments about him on Reddit and the like, but that is off limits for this site (hearsay, unverifiable).

It was MSM, not sensationalized in my opinion. Not Reddit. I’m unsure if it was part of discovery.

It seems to me that the postponement is to give the newly apppinted lawyer time to familiarize himself with the case and the DA time to compile the evidence needed for an additional hate crime charge. MOO.

ETA: Eagle Scout? Please...

Forgive me, where is the Eagle Scout info coming from, I am not seeing it in the above articles and would love to read it. Thank you!

IMO, a reasonable woman "in that situatuon" would know what "in that situation" means...murder someone yes....aftermath...unwanted kiss. Fight or Flight Response.

Im sorry I dont understand, are you defending murder as a reaction to an unwanted kiss? From a man or woman.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding you.

Forgive me, where is the Eagle Scout info coming from, I am not seeing it in the above articles and would love to read it. Thank you!

"This is a tragedy," defense attorney Edward Munoz said later to reporters. He said his heart goes out to Bernstein family and that the Woodward family is in shock.

"This young man I'm representing was an Eagle Scout and now he's facing murder," Munoz said. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article195059979.html

100% normal to have a knife or Leatherman. I have one in my purse.

In my family I can think of 9 people who carry a Leatherman or some form of pocketknife, probably 99% of the time. Three are female. Two are in the medical profession, one is military, one travels for work, one is a construction foreman, two are farmers, one is a student.

They carry them EVERYWHERE.

Some of them have them for work-related reasons, some for hobbies, some for self-protection.

Just remembered my niece who also carries one, who is a hostess in an up
scale restaurant.

This was a statement in the beginning, SW Stated to LE to absolve himself from his crime IMO. It was a failed attempt to distance himself from the investigation, he was only missing at that point. yet SW hastily buried him in that park. IMO I do not believe one thing SW has stated, this is my personal belief and conclusion based on what we know now. The slight description of BBs wounds lead me to believe he may have been on his knees. We will have to wait for his Case to come to trial. I hated writing this post, and I mean no disrespect. SW was armed, he came to this meet and greet armed and we don't know if LE has recovered the murder weapon. Knowing SW's parent is a therapist made my skin crawl. I repeat we do not know where BB was murdered. Did he wrap him in the sleeping bag after? Did he drive around w him afterwards? Did he kill Blaze in the hobby lobby parking lot?

( BBM )

For real? Made your skin crawl?

Not meaning to put down your opinion, Cherry. Perhaps you have good reason in your experience to say this.

But for me, the implication I get from this statement is that his mother must not have cared, or wanted to be bothered by SW or his problems.

That if she did care, none of this would have ever happened.

Perhaps that's true. No one knows. We have no idea of the relationship between her and SW.

But I think there's a greater chance she DID care, and cared deeply. Being a therapist is not a magic wand to make her own son's problems go away.

I bet if she could have waved that wand, she would have. Being a therapist conferred no special powers over SW.

In fact, being a therapist may have actually created a wedge in SW's mind as he was growing up. He may have become more defiant. He may not have wanted to be 'understood' by his therapist mother.

In his eyes that could be giving her the upper hand. That's how kids are sometimes.

The professional 'labels' can actually give a kid a stronger incentive to rebel. Think of the stories of the 'Preacher's Kid' we've all heard. The Accountant's kid who ends up declaring bankruptcy.

Maybe she turned over every stone looking for help for him over the years.

We don't know. That's the bottom line. We just don't know.

We can't sleuth the family either. So unless we ever learn differently from MSM, I am just going to send her some kind thoughts...

JMO

Case number, information, Sam's criminal history, etc.

Orange County Superior Court Case Access (http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/)

Defendant: Woodward, Samuel Lincoln
Case Number: 18HF0073
OC Pay Number: 9372262
Originating Court: Harbor - Newport Beach Facility

Counts
Violation Date: 01/03/2018
Section Statute: PC 187(a) (Murder), PC 12022(b)(1) (Sentencing Enhancement-Personally using deadly weapon; additional term of 1 year)

Hearings
01/17/2018 Arraignment in custody, Department C5, Harbor - Newport Beach Facility

Criminal History:
On August 5, 2014, Sam was charged with violating Vehicle Code § 27315(d)(1) (Mandatory use of seatbelts required). OC Case Number: NBR49777. Citing officer was Hume (Badge Number: 1374).
On March 27, 2015, Sam was charged with violating Vehicle Code § 21461(a) (Failure to obey traffic control sign). OC Case Number: NBR70013. Citing officer was Darling, D. (Badge Number: 1200). Sam completed traffic school and the infraction was disposed on August 15, 2015.

Attorney: Edward R. Munoz

Bar Number: 92859

Address:
600 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Ste 910
Munoz & Associates
Santa Ana, CA 92701

Phone Number: (714) 954-0225
Fax Number: (714) 954-0118
Email: munozlaw@sbcglobal.net
County: Orange
District: District 4
Sections: None
Undergraduate School: California St Univ Fullerton; CA
Law School: McGeorge SOL Univ of the Pacific; CA

Status History
5/30/1980: Admitted to The State Bar of California
Present: Active

Comments:
Although Tony the Tiger's hair-dye (skunk's got the funk!) looked good today with the cameras flashing, he could have been more open with details of the case.

Come on, Gile! Please report the case number.

The priest was from Our Lady Queen of Angels in Newport Beach.

The enhancement is weak. DA used that to prevent bail or bail would have been $1,000,000 and the parents would have put up the title to their residence.

Even the jail logs mislead the public by stating that Sam would be arraigned in CJ1 (the video arraignment department inside Central).

Snapchat retains logs for the past 31-days. (https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf)

Not to be associated with any previous Nazi hair discussion, I noticed SW hair was considerably lighter in color today. Jet black is most often dissuaded in the court systems in efforts to soften demeanor and diffuse various connotations.

Are you saying that in your opinion a reasonable person would murder someone over an unwanted kiss???

Also, yes, a woman might call it sexual harassment, but a reasonable woman would probably not stab a man 22 times over it either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No I did not. Please read Oceanblueeyes statement. (paraphrasing) QBE_ stated that most reasonable and logical people would agree "YOU CAN"T" murder A person for saying something about them or kissing them. Why can't they?

I never said "a reasonable or logical person " CAN" commit the murder themselves.

..............and No I did not say a women who believes she was sexually harassed (if reasonable) could stab someone 22 times.

Lastly does First degree Murder always mean Premeditation? If so I stand corrected.

Forgive me if I did not make my post clear.

RUK

( BBM )

For real? Made your skin crawl?

Not meaning to put down your opinion, Cherry. Perhaps you have good reason in your experience to say this.

But for me, the implication I get from this statement is that his mother must not have cared, or be bothered by SW or his problems.

That if she DID care, none of this would have ever happened.

Perhaps that's true. No one knows. We have no idea of the relationship between her and SW.

But I think there's a greater chance she DID care, and cared deeply. Being a therapist is not a magic wand to make her own son's problems go away.

I bet if she could have, she would have. Being a therapist conferred no special powers over SW.

In fact, being a therapist may have actually created a wedge in SW's mind as he was growing up. He may have become more defiant. He may not have wanted to be 'understood' by his therapist mother.

In his eyes that could be giving her the upper hand. That's how kids are sometimes.

The professional 'labels' can actually give a kid a stronger incentive to rebel. Think of the stories of the 'preacher kids' we've all heard. The Accountant's kid who ends up declaring bankruptcy.

Maybe she turned over every stone looking for help for him over the years.

We don't know. That's the bottom line. We just don't know.

We can't sleuth the family either. So unless we ever learn differently from MSM, I am just going to send her some kind thoughts...

JMO

I think they meant that therapist might have more insight and ability to recognize red flags than the average person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa