Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he is a lawyer. You have to say something positive...maybe that is about it with this client.

Yes, that is true. Gosh though I personally would prefer saying nothing versus Eagle Scout. Being an Eagle Scout is a good thing but it holds no value here in my opinion.

I'm really beginning to doubt The Register's reporting. They state in this article SW is being held on $2M bond. As we know bond hasn't even been set yet.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...er-charge-with-enhancement-for-using-a-knife/

EXACTLY! That is where all of the affidavit info coming from, but how much is even true and how much has been skewed? They keep releasing articles with additional info they claim has come from the affidavit and NOBODY can confirm it, yet that is what is being reported ALL over the country. I’m not an extreme right winger or a radical conspiracy theorist.... but this isn’t setting well with me at all. Today was a MAJOR “oh crap” moment and yet there aren’t more people voicing outrage.

Yes, that is true. Gosh though I personally would prefer saying nothing versus Eagle Scout. Being an Eagle Scout is a good thing but it holds no value here in my opinion.

Yes, I'm sure the Scouts would prefer no reference to them. Eagle Scout is an incredible accomplishment. Something went horribly wrong with this young man.

I can't help but note that the violation date is given as Wednesday January 03. Is it possible LE has evidence that the murder actually occurred after midnight the evening SW and BB met up?

I think they made that determination but unsure how it was reached. It was reported and logged that there was a disturbance in the Hobby Lobby parking lot at 3am that morning.

( BBM )

For real? Made your skin crawl?

Not meaning to put down your opinion, Cherry. Perhaps you have good reason in your experience to say this.

But for me, the implication I get from this statement is that his mother must not have cared, or wanted to be bothered by SW or his problems.

That if she did care, none of this would have ever happened.

Perhaps that's true. No one knows. We have no idea of the relationship between her and SW.

But I think there's a greater chance she DID care, and cared deeply. Being a therapist is not a magic wand to make her own son's problems go away.

I bet if she could have waved that wand, she would have. Being a therapist conferred no special powers over SW.

In fact, being a therapist may have actually created a wedge in SW's mind as he was growing up. He may have become more defiant. He may not have wanted to be 'understood' by his therapist mother.

In his eyes that could be giving her the upper hand. That's how kids are sometimes.

The professional 'labels' can actually give a kid a stronger incentive to rebel. Think of the stories of the 'Preacher's Kid' we've all heard. The Accountant's kid who ends up declaring bankruptcy.

Maybe she turned over every stone looking for help for him over the years.

We don't know. That's the bottom line. We just don't know.

We can't sleuth the family either. So unless we ever learn differently from MSM, I am just going to send her some kind thoughts...

JMO

AMEN and thank you, humanity still exists.

EXACTLY! That is where all of the affidavit info coming from, but how much is even true and how much has been skewed? They keep releasing articles with additional info they claim has come from the affidavit and NOBODY can confirm it, yet that is what is being reported ALL over the country. I’m not an extreme right winger or a radical conspiracy theorist.... but this isn’t setting well with me at all. Today was a MAJOR “oh crap” moment and yet there aren’t more people voicing outrage.

I am with you 100%. I’ve taken every opportunity to voice this when I’ve been challenged. Not for the sake of being challenged, all for the sake of journalistic truth and integrity.

I think I would be embarrassed if my attorney said “this young lady I’m representing was a Brownie Scout and now she’s facing murder”. In my opinion that is weak, and doesn’t mean anything significant.

I’m sure that’s not all he said either. That’s just what the reporter wanted us to know.

I think they made that determination but unsure how it was reached. It was reported and logged that there was a disturbance in the Hobby Lobby parking lot at 3am that morning.

If that was SW attacking BB, I wonder whether it occurred inside his car or in the lot. If the latter, might there be blood in the lot? It's hard for me to imagine a scenario in which SW killed BB when still at the Hobby Lobby lot and then drove to the park to dump/bury the body (as opposed to driving to some more remote location).

If the disturbance was related to the case, maybe SW and BB just argued in the lot? I guess BB could've run toward the park and ultimately been killed there...

Or maybe the disturbances in the Hobby Lobby lot are unrelated to this case. That's my suspicion. JMO

I think I would be embarrassed if my attorney said “this young lady I’m representing was a Brownie Scout and now she’s facing murder”. In my opinion that is weak, and doesn’t mean anything significant.

Given the totality of the circumstances, an appeal to this clients past good character may well be the only card the attorney could reasonably play.

It's important to note that the Register has NOT reported anything inaccurate about this case. While the facts they share from the affidavit may upset some, that doesn't make them not true.

Whoa...what? You’re kidding, right?

According to the articles from OCR SW got upset when BB tried to kiss him in the car. SW pushed him away and then SW clinched his jaw and fists. I guess this is the closes thing to a confession without confessing. No mention of stabbing BB.

This is all hearsay and was SW's statement to LE trying to exonerate / justify himself. It's probably true he said it, but very dubious if it ever happened.

My theory is that after the word got out last June by BB that SW hit on him, SW got wind of this. Perhaps this was the only chance or earliest opportunity SW had to exact his revenge due to BB being in another part of the country, but SW hears that he is home for the holidays and starts his plan. I suspect we will hear from friends who knew of SW rage toward BB. All JMO

This is definitely plausible, and of all the theories out there this is the ballpark where I'm at in terms of my thinking. I'm still not sure if it was premeditated or not - good arguments on both sides.

I'd like to offer up a thought for perspective. Women get hit on ALL THE TIME. Young women, old women, skinny women, curvey women, ALL women. We get hit on by men *and* women.

We may detest the unwanted advances, but we don't kill anyone over it. So let's just keep that in mind.

NO EXCUSES.

The teachers testimony from SW in 10th grade already lends itself to SW behaviors being strange. It was posted here last night.

The teacher did not say that SW was strange. He said that he was quiet, reserved, and direct, and not really a jovial guy.

It was ex-students that talked about SW being 'strange'.

Since I've been alive the term "Eagle Scout" in common vernacular has been synonymous with "a young man of good character".

I'm fairly certain this is what his attorney was trying to convey with that statement.

I think he probably did go into a rage because Blaze tried to kiss him. That would coincide with Sam's self-loathing due to his closet-case homosexuality. Jmo.
There's no reason they'd be deep in the park if it wasn't to have sex or some type of sexual encounter. That's why I think Blaze left his wallet at home. It could easily get lost.
Maybe Blaze tried to kiss him after they "finished,", Sam felt ashamed of himself, and went into a rage? Jmo idk.

I'd like to offer up a thought for perspective. Women get hit on ALL THE TIME. Young women, old women, skinny women, curvey women, ALL women. We get hit on by men *and* women.

We may detest the unwanted advances, but we don't kill anyone over it. So let's just keep that in mind.

NO EXCUSES.

Maybe it’s just me but I’m a woman and I don’t get hit on all the time. I definately don’t get hit on by other women.
Nope.

True that I hang in boring circles so there’s that. ;-)

I agree with you—no excuses for this horrific crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288