CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to quote myself, but I just thought of something else, too. Wasn't a neighbor interviewed that said she saw the kids doing yard work, or laying sod at night? Could something/one be buried?

My mind keeps going back to their farm in Texas. I read here that they had pigs and the police were called because of the pigs eating a neighbors dog food. Can’t link on my iPad (don’t know how), but I read it here, honest.

We have had similar marks (no where near to the same extent) in our previous home from our dogs. This was at the dogs height on the wall and from them dragging themselves along the wall after wearing their harnesses - trying to have a good scratch.

Obviously this isn't the same but it leads me to think that this may relate back to the "Marching in the middle of the night" mentioned in many of the linked articles. I think they marched up and down those stairs and they were so tired they used the walls to lean on and they were so dirty the walls eventually looked like they do now. Probably isn't the whole story but may have contributed?

It sounds like it was the only exercise they got. How the children must have longed for a play in the sun.

Personally, I hope family is kept far, far away from these kids/adults. IMO There is too much potential disfunction for them to be helpful, let alone therapeutic. This family needs professional and truly self-sacrificing help.
JMO

Me too [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any idea why Disneyland seems to surface in cases with twisted people?

We saw it in the Heather Elvis case where the family that is suspected of killing Heather had an obsession with everything Disney.

And we are seeing it in this case. There may be other cases.

Is there something about the way Disney makes everyone feel they are in a fantasy land that it would attract people living in their own fantasy?

Another question that has been bugging me is what was with all the names starting with "J"? The Duggars did the same thing. Is that to keep them from being independent and having an identity of their own or something?

Just some things I have been wondering about and wondering if there is something more deep about it?

Disney Land opens 1955
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/disneyland-opens

Bbm: Good Q. I am not sure...

I had no idea the original Disney Land, CA has been around for this long. But I do know from growing up in that era that children were not marketed to like they are in the last few decades especially. I never even heard of it until it opened in Florida! I never knew anyone growing up who went to DL.

On the north east coast, we went to the shore for entertainment. Trips were national park oriented in the 50's-70's...

So my guess is with the explosion of children's entertainment, 80's and on, huge marketing, and now social media to record everything, it has become the ultimate destination for kids & families?

Ironic really, with a family of this size, and living in the natural beauty of CA and the wonder of the West, with all the teaching opportunities that abound, that they travelled repeatedly to the artificial fantasylands of Vegas with Elvis, and Disney Land. --In this case, it was not for the kids, either, just for the image. Imo
-Really sad.

Been reading and just lurking because I have nothing to add, other than the fact that I'm completely saddened and disgusted by this. So, they had pigs? And didn't someone say that on the bankruptcy documents there were 4 sons listed? I hate that my mind is going here, but...

I am hoping that if there was another son (not just a typo in the bankruptcy paperwork), that he managed to walk away and is living somewhere else. He would likely be one of the adult siblings by now I am thinking?

160 Muir Woods Road, Perris

Your comment made me laugh - "was" being the operative word

G'day mate! In Aus. we can type any address and all the previous photos of the property come up. Rental & sales history shows everything..

It must be different in the US as I tried to do the same for this property and nothing shows.

We have had similar marks (no where near to the same extent) in our previous home from our dogs. This was at the dogs height on the wall and from them dragging themselves along the wall after wearing their harnesses - trying to have a good scratch.

Obviously this isn't the same but it leads me to think that this may relate back to the "Marching in the middle of the night" mentioned in many of the linked articles. I think they marched up and down those stairs and they were so tired they used the walls to lean on and they were so dirty the walls eventually looked like they do now. Probably isn't the whole story but may have contributed?
And those marks are typically greasy because dogs build up grease in their fur, particularly where their collars and harnesses are. And that's why this makes me want to hurl, because it does look like the marks dogs and cats make, and so it makes me wonder what kind of hygiene they even allowed the kids to have. Imagine 15 showers a day. You would need at least two hot water heaters and either huge water tanks (if you are pumping well water in out in the country), or multiple water tanks. Then there's the issue of water pressure with these tanks. If they lived out in the country, they were dealing with this. And I bet they did not have it set up to actually accommodate proper hygiene for all those people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of your Octomum with the gaggle of kids.

What would be the Government benefits for a family like this? Could this free ride be their intention? :thinking:
Would it be their intention to have all those children for Government funding?
I know in Australia they would be getting $1,000's per week, a house, furniture and free medical and utilities.

RSBM

Someone is removing them. My guess would be the mother-in-law or a sibling of the parents.
For not wanting attention-- this family has done just the opposite.

I thought they must have gotten attorneys. I would think that any competent representation would get those pics out of the public eye ASAP.

How could either parent look into those desperate faces of their 13 children every day and at some point not think “this is wrong”.
I watched the Vegas video. Am I correct in thinking that at the end of the ceremony there were no hugs among family members on this so called special occasion? No physical contact. I’ll go back and watch them again at some point but I can’t deal with it right now.

I read that the Elvis impersonator said that the dad acted very caring toward his wife and their children. I'll try and find that link, if I can.

I missed the end of the last thread so sorry if this has been discussed. But I found it interesting that in the 2011 bankruptcy, he had multiple deductions from his paycheck going towards life insurance policies. Each payperiod less than 50 cents deducted for children, but $42 deducted for spousal? Then another $90 for ANOTHER optional life insurance policy? $175 per pay period going towards various life insurance policies stands out to me. I wonder if they had other policies that they obtained without his employer.

Since he also had deductions for medical, dental, and vision, I don’t understand why one of the children appears to be cross eyed. That should have been taken care of. But then again they obviously aren’t parents of the year.

G'day mate! In Aus. we can type any address and all the previous photos of the property come up. Rental & sales history shows everything..

It must be different in the US as I tried to do the same for this property and nothing shows.

G'Day! Yeah, here in Aus we can find out basically all the information of a property really easily but it doesn't seem to be the same in the States. I think in this particular case it may be due to the home being newly built in 2013. The Turpins bought the property in 2014 - potentially no one else has lived there prior.

This is the info I've found on their address (no pictures):
https://www.movoto.com/perris-ca/160-muir-woods-rd-perris-ca-92570/pid_h7gfbp838g/

Snip
[FONT=roboto_light]"Riverside County[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]Property Type: Single Family Residential[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]4 Beds[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]3 Baths[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]2,388 Sqft Building Area[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]7,405 Sqft Lot Size[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]2013 Year Built[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]$351,000 Last Sale Price[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]08/29/2014 Last Sale Date[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]Tile Roof Cover[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]Attached Garage Garage Type[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]2 Garage # of Cars[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]Central Heating[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]Central Cooling[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_light]Mortgage $1,300/mo"[/FONT]

I know in VA they have adult foster care as an option but I have no clue if CA has it.

This 17 year old girl is a hero to me. I just cannot imagine the fear and thoughts going through her mind after making the 911 call and until the police arrived. That had to be the scariest moments/minutes of her life.

My heart bleeds for these siblings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It sounds like it was the only exercise they got. How the children must have longed for a play in the sun.

The images that I cannot shake is in the Elvis video where the children seemed to have to look over to the parents for permission to "dance" along with Elvis and try to have a good time.

It was like they could not even smile or laugh without worrying they would get in trouble or something. And all they had skill for was snapping their fingers.

I am horrified at what the parents have done to these kids.

I hope so much that they can somehow come out of this and begin to enjoy their lives like normal people.

There is no punishment strong enough for the parents if they did 1/2 of what it appears they have done to these poor kids self esteem and develpment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288