Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother of murdered student Blaze Bernstein: 'I lost the most precious gift'

https://www.today.com/news/parents-...e-bernstein-speak-out-about-their-son-t121359

What loving, forgiving people they are.

I'm glad they don't want to talk about details of how he was killed and that they want SW to have a fair trial. That takes a lot of restraint and courage in my book.

Anybody wonder what Blaze made for his family for dinner that night? ive heard so much about that he cooked that meal, I have wondered what it consisted of.

I'm glad they don't want to talk about details of how he was killed and that they want SW to have a fair trial. That takes a lot of restraint and courage in my book.

Anybody wonder what Blaze made for his family for dinner that night? ive heard so much about that he cooked that meal, I have wondered what it consisted of.

Turkey dinner from scratch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkey and butternut squash soup.

They weren't deep in the park to roast marshmallows. C'mon. This all my opinion, but obviously they went there to have some type of sexual encounter.

SW may have become enraged after they finished.

How do we know they were even IN the park let alone DEEP in the park--did I miss something

As a former resident of the area, I would say that it would be unusual, perhaps very unusual for average suburban youths to habitually carry either a fixed blade knife or a large pocket knife with a locking blade (I suspect the murder weapon was one or the other).

There are, of course, exceptions. One of which could be a former Eagle Scout. In addition, it was trendy at one time to have one of the "clip on" spyderco type knives largely as a fashion accessory.

I guess this is where personal experience, not so much area norm., comes into play. I grew up in OC and still live here. It is very common for young men (and older men) to own a knife. Growing up, most of my male friends had a knife in their car, not because the area was dangerous or anything, just because they come in handy. (I carry both a Swiss Army knife and scissors in my car, both of which have come in handy on several occasions.) My husband has been in two weddings in which engraved knives were given as groomsmen gifts and he was just given a knife from my father for Christmas (and my husband wouldn't need it for his profession nor is he necessarily an outdoor survivalist type of a guy.) I do not think it is odd for a man SW's age who was an Eagle Scout and (presumably) was into camping to have a knife, if not on his body rather, in his car. MOO.

I think my interpretation comes from experience with some women I view as similar to her. I saw her as angry. Not concerned. Again, that is TOTALLY normal. If this was my son I would want the media to go away too. I would want everyone to just leave me alone. She has every right to feel that way.

*I* would be extremely upset at her speaking for me if I were the victim's parents. I do not get the impression that the parents are friends with each other. So for her to take it upon herself to ask for privacy for them, seems out of line to me.

It would be different had this been childhood best friends, who's parents were also friends. If they were close I would be able to understand it more. However, it's very clear to me that this was an attempt to shut down the media. Under the guise of concern for the Bernstein's, when the real motivation is protecting your own family.

Totally and completely understandable. Just rubs me the wrong way in contrast to what the Bernstein's are doing. Perhaps they appreciate the gesture and it's not a big deal. I just know that I would be upset, so that's why I didn't think it was appropriate.

I do love that you don't see her negatively Jazz. I wish I wasn't so jaded sometimes. :thinking:

( RSBM )

I'm always surprised at the different interpretations we all put on other people's words.

I didn't get that from SW's mother at all. I saw her words as genuine concern for the Bernsteins too and any possible intrusiveness from the media.

The Bernsteins are choosing to talk to the media. I assume they are choosing the time, place, and specific media source they wish to utilize.

Which I'm thankful for. We are all the richer for hearing their words. Blaze was an amazing young man.

I don't see her words as opposition to what the Bernsteins are choosing to do on their own. I hear her as cautioning the media to not be the aggressor or intrusive.

As for her own family's sake, it's very understandable that she would not want to grant interviews. Not only for emotional reasons but for legal purposes ( as mentioned wisely by others here. )

You're entitled to your feelings about this, but respectfully, it never once entered my mind to be upset with her choice of words...

JMO

I'd like to offer up a thought for perspective. Women get hit on ALL THE TIME. Young women, old women, skinny women, curvey women, ALL women. We get hit on by men *and* women.

We may detest the unwanted advances, but we don't kill anyone over it. So let's just keep that in mind.

NO EXCUSES.

...but NOW we do get them fired for it. Of course IF you are mentally sound you would never kill over this...but what happens if a person is mentally unstable, who knows where this could go.

Not making excuses--you are right, just thinking there are so many people out there and if you happen to run into the wrong one, look out. Many have mentioned SW on Meth--drugs alter Brain Function.

We are in the midst of an opioid epidemic. Addiction and drug use have come out of the shadows and now is affecting your average neighbor. . I am not talking about hard core heroin users, but the average Joe who gets hooked on pain killers. Like Klonopin, Xanax Valium, yada, yada. The side effects of these Benzos and the horrible withdrawal symptom's make for a very unstable society . What was once the normal behavior becomes psychotic, paranoid, aggressive, angry, violent, etc. Look up Benzodiazepine use and withdrawal...not a pretty thing going on with society.
Just sayin there are a lot of loose cannons out there. Believe me I know what I am talking about, I have just come off of Klonopin--prescribed for restless leg, never told it was addictive. The things I thought and how distorted my thinking was, scared the H--l out of me.
You probably think this is totally off topic, but I assure you opioid use and mental instability is a real threat to our society.

Note:
This is a warning--yes this is OT, but Please do not ever start with a Benzodiazepines. Doctors do not tell you the hell you will go thru, out of ignorance or medical negligence.

They are very useful. I also carried a knife for years.
I am a metropolitan guy and also habitually carry a pocket knife. I even keep an extra one in my desk in case I forget mine usual one at home. Though am rarely with out a pocket knife, I only carry small sheath knives when hiking.
I quit carrying one when I wasn’t able to legally carry them into places I had to go while on the job.
That is why they have those handy large planters are for outside of government offices or other "no knife businesses".

They are convenient stash spots for your pocket knife before you go in. Just remember what planter and what corner of the planter you stashed it in on the way out. One of them almost ate my pocket knife once...
In both instances, pocketknives and smaller, sheathed knives were nearly ubiquitous. Every guy seems to have one in his front pocket; women, too.
In the end, I think we are the exceptions rather than the rule regarding habitually carrying a pocket knife in urban areas. Even for the suspect being a former Eagle scout and thus more likely to carry one, I bet there is still a pretty good chance he deliberately carried a knife that night.

Desperate to find him, his parents, Gideon Bernstein and Jeanne Pepper Bernstein, learned their son had left the house by "hacking into his computer and getting into his social media account," Jeanne Pepper Bernstein said in an interview Wednesday.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow...d-charges-20180118-story.html#nt=oft12aH-1gp2

Snip
Bernstein and Woodward knew each other in high school, but there is no indication they were friends, Rackauckas said.

...but NOW we do get them fired for it. Of course IF you are mentally sound you would never kill over this...but what happens if a person is mentally unstable, who knows where this could go.

Yes, now people can get fired for sexual harassment, and rightly so.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Desperate to find him, his parents, Gideon Bernstein and Jeanne Pepper Bernstein, learned their son had left the house by "hacking into his computer and getting into his social media account," Jeanne Pepper Bernstein said in an interview Wednesday.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow...d-charges-20180118-story.html#nt=oft12aH-1gp2

Snip
Bernstein and Woodward knew each other in high school, but there is no indication they were friends, Rackauckas said.

I am still a little confused about some of this. It says the parents found he had left the house by getting on his social media accounts. But it had been reported that Blaze and SW had communicated with Snapchat. They would n't have been able to read those messages. They might have seen that he had communicated with SW, but not the content. So there must have been some other form of social media being used as well. Its probably irrelevant, but a bit confusing.

Snip

New to me...
“Edward Muñoz, an attorney for Woodward, said his client was a former Eagle Scout who attended college in Ventura County for a year before dropping out.”
(Not the Eagle Scout but the college part)

BTW, I keep getting a block on la times due to reaching the limit for free access. Switched to another browser and was able to view the article. So if you’re getting blocked, try another browser.

Yes, now people can get fired for sexual harassment, and rightly so.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Of course people should be fired for sexual harassment.....I think a lot of people don't know what the definition of sexual harassment in the workplace is though.

Snip

Wait. Don't we have a case on WS where LE said they can't use evidence obtained by hacking?

I guess this is where personal experience, not so much area norm., comes into play. I grew up in OC and still live here. It is very common for young men (and older men) to own a knife.

I nearly always carry a pocket knife of some sort. I do remember, however, on several occasions in Orange Country where I was the only person with a pocket knife in the gym, office or at the cook out (somebody asked to borrow one for some reason).

Thus, I am betting that statistically, a solid majority of males in Orange County do not habitually carry pocket knives, let alone a large pocket knife with a locking blade (if that is what the victim was attacked with). Receiving a knife as a gift does not mean that it is habitually carried.

There are, of course, many exceptions given that a million or more males reside in OC. An Eagle scout, as you indicated, would be more likely to be an exception.

In the end, I think there is a somewhat good chance that the suspect deliberately carried a knife that night rather than reached for one he habitually carried.

Snipped by me:
BTW, I keep getting a block on la times due to reaching the limit for free access. Switched to another browser and was able to view the article. So if you’re getting blocked, try another browser.

You can also open a new private window in Safari or go incognito in other browsers to get around the block.

I too am troubled and bothered by any inference that its easy or justifiable to murder someone even if they kiss you unexpectedly

Where is this coming from--NO ONE has said it is ok to murder someone over a kiss.
RUK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member