CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! That was fast. I wish they had something that shows how much money is being collected. I love to see the number go up.

How cool is that. People really stepped up. I had in mind further down the line to send them some Lush bath goodies.
Frivolous as all get out, but feel they needed the pampering.
Might still do it later.

Gitana, what possible, plausible defense will the defense mount for these two ? I'm at a loss.........

Also, do you see them turning on each other?

Mental illness.

Spousal abuse and control.

Try to downplay and deny.

Kids have "medical" or "behavioral" issues that caused them not to be able to retain calories or want to eat or that caused them to be a danger to themselves so they had to be chained. (Conditions that magically disappear once they were taken out of there, of course).

They could turn on each other. We shall see.

OMG
Ive been trying to catch up today the right way by reading in order but H*ll NO!!! I had to post my feelings as I got to the presser posts.

OMG OMG OMG

It IS worst than we even could have imagined. Those evil !!!

Sorry just had to vent.

I am going to pray really hard tonight again for these children. And yes me too could hardly eat my dinner last night without feeling guilty.

-----sniffling with eyes watering uncontrolably right now------ :( :( :(

I really want to know more about the timeline of their life in Texas. I think it was 17 years?

LE said that the "parents" at one point (when? for how long?) didn't even live with their children, and during that time they "occasionally" dropped off food to their abandoned kids.

WTF? Their oldest child obviously couldn't have been older than 16 or 17 at the time. How is it possible nobody noticed the kids were on their own?! Where were the "parents" staying during this time?

RSBM

^^^ Partly why my .02 is that the other relatives HAD to know SOMETHING.
If you're not allowed to see your own grandkids/nieces/nephews whomever.
At least notify authorities that something may be wrong !!!!
Sometimes CPS and other organizations let children down (Gabriel Fernandez, etc.) ; but fgs; at least make an effort.
No one helped these children except the brave girl who escaped.

If they were only allowed 1 shower a year, the one who attended college would have stunk to high heaven. I smell awful the day after I've taken a shower. I'm hoping we hear from some of the classmates. I thought it was funny David Turpin's alleged coworker said he walked like Snuffleupagus. There's a p in Snuffleupagus?

if mental illness is in play here, I'm wondering if they simply didn't know how to raise kids, rather than pure malice?

Snipped your quote a bit there. Did you watch the video of the presser? They would buy pies and leave them in front of the children but they weren’t allowed to eat them. Toys still in boxes. Chained to beds and made to defecate where they lay?
That’s not not knowing how to parent properly, it’s sadistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to suggest the awesome journals that you can color in as well. You basically decorate the cover and the corners of each page yourself. It would be a way for them to truly make it theirs and get creative.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Adult coloring books might be great for the older ones too! With pretty gel pens.

It's been stated that they had a farm during their time in Texas. I believe this was when they lived in Rio Vista. They apparently owned a house and a double wide trailer. I think, although I'm not positive, that the parents moved out and lived in the trailer while the kids stayed in the house. Oh, and according to neighbors and other people from Texas, the house was filled with clutter and filth, to the point where it was unlivable. Truly despicable.
This is one of the reasons I have cried so many tears these last few days. The indignities these children endured is beyond belief.

94 years to life. Can't there be more?

There should be. Like on whatever occasions the other prisoners get desserts, these two have to sit there and watch while every last crumb is eaten by the others.

Gosh..what a sad story. So many questions..

im wondering how the girl knew to use a cellphone, call 911 on a deactivated phone and to even snap photos as proof? Either she's very smart, picked it up from books or tv..or somewhere along the way an outsider has given her tips on how to get away?

as for the parents, both seem mentally ill. I'm wondering if the dad is on the more severe end of the autism spectrum..friend from school stated he was always awkward, very smart, socially aloof, etc.

wondering if abuse occurred in the mothers household, as both she and her siblings seem off. She seems like she's got some mental issues too.

they lived in filth and seem to have no social skills either.

they both seem stuck in childhood somewhere.. they went to Disney many times, the obsession with Disney, Elvis, dr Seuss, dressing their kids like little kids, I get the feeling they visited Disney so many times because they wanted to and enjoyed it, not so much for the kids.

if mental illness is in play here, I'm wondering if they simply didn't know how to raise kids, rather than pure malice?

i hope no sexual abuse occurred.

i also truly, truly hope they don't send the kids to live with ANY family members on either side, they all seem shady to me. David turpins brother has ties to bethel church in his past.

if they must be split up, I hope they end up with families who let them see each other often.

this is straight out of a movie sheesh..I predict some day in the future this story will help someone win some academy awards. and I hope it helps shed light on all these kids out there who need people to watch out for them.

in fact, this has prompted me to make a welfare check call on a homeschooling family I know where something just doesn't feel right.

Check out the latest presser. To start with, the father has been charged with committing a lewd act on a child under 14 years of age. Noted to be a female.

video can be found here: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...O-DISCUSSION&p=13874579&posted=1#post13874579

In the longer video he glanced at her once and sort of nodded but other than that I didn't see any interaction between them. They both look like they have been slapped with reality and I'm glad. I just hope and pray that they will decide to not go to trial for the sake of their kids.

I can’t imagine these two will ever make any decision for the sake of their kids. It will always be all about them.

I’m annoyed that they sat them at the same table. IMO they should be separated from each other to the point that they can’t even look at each other. No chance for goo-goo eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And WTH could she possible find so amusing that she was able to give her attorney a wide smile (photo @Daily Mail)?

I thought she must be "crazy" as a loon after watching her at the Elvis marriage vow renewal dramas, but Damn I wouldn't be surprised

if she was the one who at times resorted to strangulation as punishment!

The photo of Louise with a big smile as she looked up at her lawyer made me ill. It was almost like she was flirting with him! David looked like he had no clue what was happening. How can she afford a lawyer but he has a public defender? He looked uncomfortable with his shackles stretched over his belly. I hope she was equally uncomfortable. Too bad if the police forgot to remove them once they were back in jail. All JMO and my disgust with these two.
Does pleading not guilty mean that the children will have to face their parents at a trial?

These kids could be feeling guilt of what they have done to their parents. Call it love or Stockholm syndrome but they might not want the parents convicted. (Too late I know).

These parents will be able to justify their actions in their own minds... for whatever reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Public Defender must have been asked a stupid question:

Speaking to DailyMail.com outside court, Jeff Zimel, the Riverside County Public Defender, said the couple would remain in separate cells at the Robert Presley Detention Center unless the Sheriff decides otherwise.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arents-kept-children-night.html#ixzz54aCZVyIb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wait! What does this mean? They could be in a cell together?? This isn't a retirement home.

I really want to know more about the timeline of their life in Texas. I think it was 17 years?

LE said that the "parents" at one point (when? for how long?) didn't even live with their children, and during that time they "occasionally" dropped off food to their abandoned kids.

WTF? Their oldest child obviously couldn't have been older than 16 or 17 at the time. How is it possible nobody noticed the kids were on their own?! Where were the "parents" staying during this time?

all I know about Rio Vista is it is very rural and had cheap houses compared to the cities surrounding it. It's really out in the middle of nowhere. Wonder where he worked when he lived there? Wherever it was he had at least a 45 minute drive to civilation

Regarding homeschooling in Texas. This state has the most lax rules when it comes to childhood education, in Texas all you have to do is provide a " Bonafide" effort" and you can get away with teaching your children anything you please. There is absolutely no oversite.

Gitana, what possible, plausible defense will the defense mount for these two ? I'm at a loss.........

Also, do you see them turning on each other?

I wouldn't be surprised if she turns on him in a vicious way...and he is blindsided by the betrayal.

I don't know that to be the case, just wouldn't be surprised.

What can they possibly say in defense except "the other one" made me do it.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member