Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

Stupid me, it said nothing about those circumstances on the other page I read about her, I never read this one, I just linked to it for the better pictures. Sorry!

Better to suggest and discuss than not and miss something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, but my second ever post didn't had to be such a rookie mistake :-/

Well, just get back to looking.

From the remains of "juvenile jane" forensics have determined that she was of african-american decent, right? How accurate is that procedure really? I have tried to read up on it but the opinions in this field seem to differ. Could she possible be native american? Hispanic?

I know that the resemblance between the composite and the pictures from the video is uncanny and should thus point to a girl with african american decent but I'm just wondering since that would widen the searchpool.

From the remains of "juvenile jane" forensics have determined that she was of african-american decent, right? How accurate is that procedure really? I have tried to read up on it but the opinions in this field seem to differ. Could she possible be native american? Hispanic?

I know that the resemblance between the composite and the pictures from the video is uncanny and should thus point to a girl with african american decent but I'm just wondering since that would widen the searchpool.

Ethnicity isn't always accurate when it comes to skeletal remains, especially if the person has a mixed ancestry. When it comes to ancestry there are three types of historical groups; Caucasoid (European), Mongoloid (Asian, Native), and Negroid (African). Each can be determined by the skeleton; however, having an admixture heritage makes it more difficult to determine. I've seen cases where the person was listed as Hispanic but after they were ID'd they were clearly Caucasian.

Ethnicity isn't always accurate when it comes to skeletal remains, especially if the person has a mixed ancestry. When it comes to ancestry there are three types of historical groups; Caucasoid (European), Mongoloid (Asian, Native), and Negroid (African). Each can be determined by the skeleton; however, having an admixture heritage makes it more difficult to determine. I've seen cases where the person was listed as Hispanic but after they were ID'd they were clearly Caucasian.

So, if "juvenile jane" is not the child in the video/photos, she might be of another etnicity? So it's worth a shot looking into other missing children that could be a match?

I think it might be worth while to try to look for names in old address directories from 2011 from that trailer park. I think there's a site that will tell you everyone who lives on a particular street and who had lived at that address previously. I'll see if I can find it.

So, if "juvenile jane" is not the child in the video/photos, she might be of another etnicity? So it's worth a shot looking into other missing children that could be a match?

Not necessarily, when someone has a admixture heritage they usually list the doe as being Biracial, White/Native, White possibly Hispanic, etc. She is listed as only African American/Black. Although ethnicity can sometimes be wrong they did find hair with her skull. According to her NCMEC profile it lists her hair as being black, medium length, and styled in tight curls. They could have also estimated her ethnicity through hair texture as well.

Not necessarily, when someone has a admixture heritage they usually list the doe as being Biracial, White/Native, White possibly Hispanic, etc. She is listed as only African American/Black. Although ethnicity can sometimes be wrong they did find hair with her skull. According to her NCMEC profile it lists her hair as being black, medium length, and styled in tight curls. They could have also estimated her ethnicity through hair texture as well.

Now that you mention it I did read that somewhere, about her hair. But I have a friend whose mother is white and father african-american, and her skintone is so fair thet the only part about her that recemblance her fathers heritage is her black afro. Thats why I'm thinking of expanding the search beyond african-american children.

Now that you mention it I did read that somewhere, about her hair. But I have a friend whose mother is white and father african-american, and her skintone is so fair thet the only part about her that recemblance her fathers heritage is her black afro. Thats why I'm thinking of expanding the search beyond african-american children.

I have wondered how a reconstruction artist determines how light or dark the skin tone should be on a doe, especially in the case of skeletal remains. I don't think she was biracial though, her bones would have told that story. Even if she was very light skinned her heritage would still show in her bones.

Unfortunately Killarney Rose is probably right, this poor girl was possibly never reported missing and her parents/caregivers were probably responsible for her death. I am reminded of the case of Anjelica Castillo, Her adult cousin was responsible for her death and her mother wasn't aware of what happened, but never reported her missing because they were illegal immigrants and they were afraid of getting deported.

I'm pretty sure she was never reported missing. The pics of the little girl from the Vacation Bible Scool don't look like a mixed child. I believe that unless someone who knows the family comes forward about her being missing, that's she is not going to be identified.

If that's the case it is just to sad to comprehend. As a mother of a amazing nine year old I can't fathom something bad happening to him. And it feel beyond absurd that I would even think of not reporting him missing if that were to happen.

But these things happen, I know. It just breaks my heart with all these Doe cases. Un-named and unclaimed.

Does anyone know the name of the trailer park? Opelika just identified a male who’s body was found in 2004 in a trailer park

"The Opelika Police Department says human remains found behind Bennett's Trailer Park, in the 1300*block of South Long Street, are those of Andrew James Barnett, Jr, who was*reported missing from Opelika on June 17, 2004." source:http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/db_344805/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=T7WMST6b

The area Barnett was found in 2016 and where Opelika doe was found in 2012 (1775 Hurst Street) is a 3 minute drive from each other or a 13-16 minute walk.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Our little doe and Barnett weren't the only remains found in Opelika, Alabama during this time period.

Opelika Jane doe (4-7 years old)
Missing: 2011-2012
Found: near trailer park on 1775 Hurst Street on January 28, 2012

Andrew James Barnett (34 years old)
Missing: June 11, 2004 from Opelika
Found: Behind Bennett's trailer park on the 1300 block of South Long Street on Sept. 30, 2016

Joseph (Aka Jody) Arron/Aaron Spicer (26 years old via his web sleuths thread, some list 38 years old)
Missing: June 1993 from Opelika/Alburn
Found: In a wooded area off Anderson Rd in Jan 2006 approx. 5 miles from his home.

Paul Metroplos (34 years old)
Missing: August 20, 2009 from a mental health facility in Opelika
Found: Off of Enterprise Drive near a shopping center called Tiger town on I-85 & US-280 in March 2010. The area he was found at was approx. 200-300 yards from the facility he was missing from.

(I just thought it was interesting. Just to refrain people from believing there was a serial killer in the area, foul play is ruled out in Spicer and Metroplos's cases. With Barnett and Opelika's cases being so similar and so close together in proximity, I wonder if they are connected in some way. Probably not but it's still interesting nonetheless.)

Looking at the map, Hurst Street is seperated from Rosemere Cemetery by a wooded area. Originally there was a section in Rosemere called "babyland" where no fees were charged for burial of infants. It makes me wonder if they searched the wooded area for signs of a hand dug grave. I know a woman who had still born twins and due to lack of money, buried them herself outside the cemetery where her family was buried. The graves were found and they reburied the remains in the family plot. It may be a stretch but someone may have cared enough about this child to try to bury her near her family.

Looking at the map, Hurst Street is seperated from Rosemere Cemetery by a wooded area. Originally there was a section in Rosemere called "babyland" where no fees were charged for burial of infants. It makes me wonder if they searched the wooded area for signs of a hand dug grave. I know a woman who had still born twins and due to lack of money, buried them herself outside the cemetery where her family was buried. The graves were found and they reburied the remains in the family plot. It may be a stretch but someone may have cared enough about this child to try to bury her near her family.

Unfortunately due to the abuse she suffered I find it unlikely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back