CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the profile pic from 2013.
cache.php

https://m.facebook.com/louise.robinette?tsid=0.6637919577961491&source=result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sign above her head right says "Misdemeanor to consume liquor or beer on these premises." Looks like cash registers and card/pin pad payments machines in the background left. Fast food or that pizza restaruant she liked to go to? I really wanted to post to point out her expensive manicure, two-tone, and looks like acrylic - money for that, but not to feed children.

The sign above her head right says "Misdemeanor to consume liquor or beer on these premises." Looks like cash registers and card/pin pad payments machines in the background left. Fast food or that pizza restaruant she liked to go to? I really wanted to post to point out her expensive manicure, two-tone, and looks like acrylic - money for that, but not to feed children.

Pretty sure that’s a target.

Thank you for that link, if it's been posted previously I certainly missed it.
It makes shocking and very difficult reading but thanks.

The part where it refers to food being locked up made me think about the monsters taunting their children with food they couldn’t have. They didn’t lock it up so how terrified were the children to not touch it? [emoji174]

Whew! Found it. OP is 144, but here’s the link:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-louise-turpin-riverside-county-warning-signs/

Keeping up with this thread is a full time job.

It is, most definitely! Walk away for 15 minutes and you might have three new pages. Thanks for looking (I did find it ... so sorry for your time and trouble).

I just don’t see them going anywhere too soon, without health issues being stable, a thorough background check, home inspections, having resources in place, and being sure of what they are all going to need, etc. That takes more than a couple days, IMO. But miracles do happen and we can hope and pray this is one of them.

Interesting!! I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. It's interesting what people will do in the name of religion. We have a small (well if almost 1000 is small) cult group near where I live. They do all kinds of money laundering and tax evasion. They made national headlines recently-- Word of Faith Fellowship in Spindale NC. some crazy *advertiser censored* people.

I just don't get the religious vibe from them. I've known so many over-the-top religious people, and nothing about them matches up. It's more like they seem to worship Disney!

Seriously, my closest neighbors (I live out in the country) are very religious and homeschool a large brood of kids. They aren't even what I would call over-the-top religious, although they are certainly more religious than most people. But there are so many tell-tale signs in the way they dress and the way they relate to the world. I just don't see the normal signs here at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In regards to foreclosed homes....

When a house goes into foreclosure, the bank owns it until someone else buys it. The bank is required to upkeep the house, winterize the pipes, and adhere to safety standards (such as installing railings, boarding up windows if necessary, snow removal, fix holes in floors). The bank is supposed to hire a company to do all that. I know b/c my DH works for such a company. Once the bank takes possession, these companies do an initial clean out, empty the entire contents and take them to the dump. Fix any safety issues, install lockboxes or change locks, and are required to check on the house biweekly.

Makes me wonder why the Texas home still had beds. Whatever bank foreclosed on that home did not follow the rules, or perhaps the rules are different in TX? But didnt some pics have boarded up windows? I wonder if the bank did do an initial clean out but left the beds? So many questions... I know the company my husband works for has called LE several times for suspicious things (they once found drugs, once maybe evidence of dog fighting). Just sad, as there were probably even more opportunities for someone to help these children!

Can I ask for the source of your information? Where do those regulations come from? Because I have heard many stories of communities having to fight with banks to maintain foreclosed properties. Including basic stuff like cutting grass and boarding up broken windows.

2 houses right next door to each other, one for the adults managed like their own apartment, one for the kids, with hyper-homey atmosphere. All free to hang out at one or the other. I would think they could get helpers to manage this.

There shouldn’t be anyone in either home that is seen as a substitute parent, no foster parent, aunt, cousin, housemother, dad, grandma. Everyone in the capacity of a relative has failed the youngsters, traumatically failed them. They should NEVER be required to utter those names, or they’ll be traumatized all over again.
Everyone deserves a mama, a loving one. How can they ever become healthy parents themselves without models?

Interesting!! I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. It's interesting what people will do in the name of religion. We have a small (well if almost 1000 is small) cult group near where I live. They do all kinds of money laundering and tax evasion. They made national headlines recently-- Word of Faith Fellowship in Spindale NC. some crazy *advertiser censored* people.

Yes. Completely insane. And hi from durham!

I know an adult woman who is a huuuuge Disney fan. And she's a kind, sweet person, with a normal job, happy marriage, raised three great kids - all of whom are college graduates, and attends a mainstream church. Some people just love Disney and are normal. It takes all kinds, etc.

With this family, it's the Disney obsession on top of everything else (seriously, vow renewals every couple of years?) that adds a layer of WTF, as I see it.

Mods delete if notnok. Not a verified press person but From Allison Argrin who played Nellie on Little House on the prairie. She’s a big child abuse advocate, especially sexual abuse. She teeeted a link to an article with details I hadn’t heard before

https://twitter.com/arngrim/status/954876847086452736

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-na-perris-texas-20180120-story.html

“They kept lights on at all hours, blinds drawn. One Christmas they bought eight new children’s bicycles that sat outside, unused, until they became sun bleached.”

“David Turpin would stand in the driveway shooting cans with his pistol, aiming toward the road.”

I wish I had a link but someone posted the photo of the front window with the screen cut out that is presumed to be the shero's escape window. They may have been working on that screen for months and I'm wondering what tool did they had to work with. And keep in mind they had to work during the day while the parents slept.

I just don't get the religious vibe from them. I've known so many over-the-top religious people, and nothing about them matches up. It's more like they seem to worship Disney!

Seriously, my closest neighbors (I live out in the country) are very religious and homeschool a large brood of kids. They aren't even what I would call over-the-top religious, although they are certainly more religious than most people. But there are so many tell-tale signs in the way they dress and the way they relate to the world. I just don't see the normal signs here at all.

It's a weird mix. I see behaviors that appear both religious influenced and non. LT at the least seems to have come from a messed up but nonetheless very religious family. Pastor father, very religious sister. The large family size, patriarchal system, homeschooling and marrying young are all consistent with that Quiverful type of deal.
But on the other side, there are inconsistencies. The Disney, the clothing choices (skull and crossbones on a top? Can't see a fundamentalist Christian woman wearing that.)
If LT and DT were in any way religious, it clearly became distorted and subnormal over time. I wouldn't entirely discount a messed up religious influence yet though, at least for the early years of their marriage.

I completely agree. Ime, I’ve never seen a group home that functions like a family. In my area, everyone is forced to do the same group activities whether they want to or not because there is not enough staff to allow for individual choices. I think that kind of situation would be harmful for these survivors after all they’ve been through.

I think it would be next to impossible to find a qualified adoptive home for all 13.

I think there are options for the minors. Or most of them. I think finding a family for the older ones will be difficult.

I think that when we examine the withdrawl of the family from their own relatives that David was the more controlling one than Louise. If we believe the sister's story about David kidnapping Louise from her high school than driving 1000 miles away to elope, I think David saw Louise as a very nieve target that he could easily manipulate. He conned her with mind-control for many years and it got to such an extent that she began to play his games. David brainwashed her. It got to the point that what she saw in her life was only what David wanted her to see and do as he pleased. She than began to see his behavior as normal.

Now, this is just my theory and it could be wrong to an extent that we don't really know about Louise and her behavior before she met David. If none of the above occurred pre-David, than I would have to say that he was the one who perpetrated all this horror and than she just accept it. I am sure that David abused her. I think these were very backword religious type people who were serious Bible Thumpers. Both may have taken the phrase, "Spare the rod and Spoil the Child" as a way to somehow justify the abuse of their children. Thinking in their strange ways that discipline was essential to maintain control because "See, the Bible says...." Just a feeling that I have,

But what I don't get is, why would they justify the children living in filth? What about, "Cleanliness is next to Godliness." I am also trying to figure out their obsession with Disney. I really hope that they do not get off because they are judged "insane." Yet there is such a psycho twist to both of them, that sadly this could be possible. I don't think it will happen in the end, just saying that it could.

Satch

Has anyone seen the unblurredx picture of them all at DL in front of the castle?
who is the male child standing directly to the left of DT?

LT's arms are very thin & toned and her face is quite youthful in that Robinette profile picture compared to those posted of her in 2011, 2013, 2015 etc. I suspect the real date of when the picture was taken is well prior to the renewals (where her upper arms look far less toned and much fuller).

Example: Wedding renewal pic 2011 https://s.hdnux.com/photos/70/66/02/14901437/3/920x920.jpg

Can I ask for the source of your information? Where do those regulations come from? Because I have heard many stories of communities having to fight with banks to maintain foreclosed properties. Including basic stuff like cutting grass and boarding up broken windows.
I moved into a foreclosed home and those concepts were definitely foreign to that bank. Additionally, we found someone who had been squatting for 6 months in a foreclosed property in Kentucky who was hoarding cats. If the bank had checked on the property, they would not have had a hell hole to fix up in the end.

Has anyone seen the unblurredx picture of them all at DL in front of the castle?
who is the male child standing directly to the left of DT?

It looks like the middle son, youngest son is on the other side of DT.

I do hope this report is inaccurate. It has been less than a week since these children were rescued from their unbelievably traumatic existence. I cannot begin to understand what they have been through in the past, and the physical, emotional and mental effects it has had on the only life they have known so far.
It must be so difficult for them to try to adjust to what they are experiencing now, care, cleanliness, food, love and a freedom from fear of punishment. This adjustment just cannot happen in a week surely they haven't even settled within the professional hospital/care environments where they are now - then after a short time being moved elsewhere? Please I hope not.

Their health is of paramount importance due to the treatment they have endured, and how would it be possible for the necessary medical and psychological treatment to continue if they were moved elsewhere?

I would hope they might in time begin to feel a sense of security with the present arrangements, please don't let that sense of security be taken from them too quickly.

I am so grateful to all those that have donated, and I can but wonder at the unbelievable joy these poor children may have at being given their own possession. Possessions like their own shoes, clothes, toiletries - I hope they are encouraged to write their names in their shoes. :(

I don't see any bad news in that report. They have to be discharged to someplace. That plan will keep them all together. Even right now they are in two different hospitals. That must have taken a lot of work to find a place where they could all be together. It's sounds like a dream solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23