CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, now that you mention the Nativity I do recall that.

I also thought about grandparents or aunts/uncles. Did none of them send gifts or cards for bithdays or holidays? Surely they knew where they lived some of the time. How many of the unopened toys were brought into the home by the parents, or may have been gifts from other family? Just musing, no reply really needed.

I also wondered about the relatives sending gifts, Spelly, but according to them, they didn't know the latest address thus the reason given for not visiting. Maybe the toys were sent to another previous address?

SABBM

I'm thinking this was brought up elsewhere -- and not just the DM.
Makes my hair stand on edge... WHY DID SHE THINK THIS ??
(sorry for the caps-- just feeling even more horrified)
Had it ever happened before --- that a child was forever silenced ?

Is the possibility that the children are now speaking up-- the reason for bringing cadaver dogs out to not only one-- but all of the properties previously owned by the Turpins ?

If there's more that has happened... the heroic survivor is beyond amazing !! She had to be nearly paralyzed with fear if this fell through.
:moo:

It's been a week today. I would imagine that the first few days after their rescue were devoted to medical exams and tests. When the doctors determined that law enforcement could begin more in depth interviews with the victims, I would think that the investigators would proceed carefully. I would think they'd want to interview the older children first, as the older ones are probably more knowledgeable on the timeline of events. If anything happened, like the disappearance of a sibling, they are going to know it. If something like that had happened, they may not share it with someone outside the family until they're comfortable and feel they can trust that outsider. So, maybe law enforcement has learned more in the past few days.

This was found at one of the homes they use to live in. I wonder what this drawing is about? :(

cache.php

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/images-released-texas-home-captive-siblings-live-52475851

This drawing reminds me of an example of a drawing made by a child that had been sexually abused, provided by the US Department of Health and Human Services:
attachment.php

Source: https://www.slideshare.net/keasme/fostering-hope-by-bridging-the-gap

Attachments

• sexual abuse survivor.jpg
    sexual abuse survivor.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 344
Ugly older man gets himself a very young pretty girl he's already in his place if she is NPD, this will be perfect - she can control and manipulate using her looks and sex appeal (?) that's what they do best, manipulate people, they absolutely need someone to adore them, listen to them and pander to their needs. I don't really know how or if it works if both are PD, I always assumed one would need to be the compliant one. I'm not saying he's innocent at all, it seems he's clearly being investigated for further vile charges, god knows what else is to come out, I was just trying to put it together, work it out..

Someone mentioned a little earlier that LT couldn't abuse/drag the kids about as she's so small herself, size doesn't make any difference if someone is nasty and mean, if you're terrified of someone it's not because of how big they are, it's what they're capable of. Believe me, a small cruel woman can be quite scary.

Has the older boy passed tests I wonder to prove he is totally brain-washed/docile and can be trusted outside, maybe testing him bit by bit, they might need to get someone else out there working to bring money in

I can't help imagine, and probably will continue to for a long while, how much they're going to enjoy life, love, laughter and the sunshine - wonder if they have ever played in the sun? Thank God they are now out of that living hell, they truly won't know themselves for a long time

Sent from my iPhone

Looking at David and Louise Turpin, they are Bureaucratic Compulsive. It is a combination of narcissistic and obsessive compulsive personality disorder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive–compulsive_personality_disorder#Millon's_subtypes

I was thinking the dresses were hand-made, too. The pattern looks like a very common sewing pattern that you can find in fabric shops. It seems like something people did long ago, but my mother-in-law used to make dresses for my wife all the time, back in the 80's and 90's.

I’ve thought the same about them being handmade. Begs the question of who did it, though, doesn’t it? I can’t see the She monster sewing.

I’ve thought the same about them being handmade. Begs the question of who did it, though, doesn’t it? I can’t see the She monster sewing.

I wonder if any of the older girls have been taught to sew?

It makes sense that if you can't take the kids out shopping, that you might sew your own clothes.

OTOH, I'm sure there are seamstresses who specialize in bridesmaid-type dresses, even for children, that are reasonably priced.

I think the white tights and the white Mary Janes are designed to make the girls and women look younger than they are.

This was found at one of the homes they use to live in. I wonder what this drawing is about? :(

attachment.php

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/images-released-texas-home-captive-siblings-live-52475851
Viewing it as just any child's drawing, it reminds me of this book, which I would think they were copying if I thought they'd seen it... it's a popular preschool book and comes in the "big book" format... It's got die-cut holes in the lady's belly.

Anyway, these poor children... I can't imagine

I saw all three wedding videos. Very disturbing. They did all of them in odd number years once in September and two in October.

I saw children in two of the three videos. They wore the same exact clothing. Some of them look like they have an aversion to bright light. They look nervous to me.

They were inside and came out when it is night. Their limited exposure to Sun would make them pale.

Yes, I understand how they were forced to live and why they would be pale. That’s not what my comment was about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally feel the 29year old victim was the reason for why the escape and heroic measures by the Hero, happened when it did.

I also read a MSM article that said she was the one that escaped with the 17 year old.....so, if that info was correct, I can totally understand her reasoning for going back. I can't remember which article it was but I think it was one of the UK based articles.

I feel like the reason for DNA testing isn’t to check if they are all biologically related... it’s to make sure they all both have the same mother. I can’t help but feel that there is something more devious underneath all of this, and I think more charges of a sexual nature are coming. I hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if the mother of the baby is actually one of the daughters.

BBM LE stated they want to bring in cadaver dogs. It's possible the daughters have been pregnant many times with few or no surviving offspring.

It is common for sure. But I really do not get that vibe here. There is obvious psychopathy here with both of them in the PD department. LT gives me possible Intellectual Disability ( In the HIGH range) vibes and definite possible serious mental illness (Bipolar Disorder maybe, lots of impulsiveness there ) with a personality disorder. They can exist at the same time in one person. Borderline..I'm not positive. BPD is more about splitting and raging and then swinging back to idealizing. It stems from the primary caretaker not allowing for proper separation-individuation early in life and then in adolescence. They fear abandonment above all else and perceive it everywhere. Its a serious void of self and of pathology in attachment style.

That being said, forensically, they knew right from wrong. They were calculating. And knew to hide what they were doing .

But I will eat my hat rather than say there is no mental illness here. Regardless of what authorities have said. Hoarding in and of itself is a DSM5 Diagnosis. They also said it way to early, not leaving enough time for a comprehensive mental health eval of both of them. Not for insanity purposes of course. They were NOT insane and should pay for what they did.

I see psychopathy in the PD department , psychopathic personality disorder, or even Antisocial ASD, MOO. There is not enough there for me to assume borderline yet. (Cutting, self harm, splitting etc). BPD generally cut themselves, high suicide attempt rates, the rage swings from being directed at ones self and then to others. All of this rage appears to have been directed at their children. They also have very high interpersonal conflict, chronically. She has been in a "stable" (VOMIT) marriage for 30 something years.

Who knows. We will see. We don't know enough. What we do know is that their behavior is depraved and sadistic, and calculated. They knew what they were doing and knew to hide it, has been going on for many years. They hoard, live in squalor, destroy and abandon house after house, blow through money, and the cycle starts all over again. There are impulse control problems in both. Serious regression in LT. Sexual predation in DT. A lack of compassion, empathy, and insight. They did not appear to care one iota. Its gruesome, grotesque, and defies logic.

Hoarding is also usually born out of trauma. LT appears very regressed. Stuck. I would guess there was trauma in her childhood.

ALL MOO.

Elizabeth Flores states that Louise Turpin was sexually abused by a relative.

I am inclined to say narcissistic over borderline. I usually associate borderline with Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Diane Downs, Betty Broderick, and Lori Drew.

It would be interesting to see what kind of marriage they were in. Narcissists and borderlines who are married are often unhappy and unstable.

I wonder if there are any David and Louise Turpin's handwriting.

Those plaid dresses do look like a Butterick pattern type of flower girl or jr. bridesmaid dress from the 70's! I am sure they were sewn at home, whether by egg donor or someone else.

It also speaks to the stunted growth of the grown daughters that those T-strap Mary Jane style shoes fit them. Those aren't commonly found in women's sizes, unless maybe they're dance shoes. I had very similar shoes as a little girl in the 70's, but no way could I find any shoe that style to fit my adult-sized clodhoppers now. Unless there's a source for girl's shoes in adult sizes that I am not aware of, those poor young women were quite stunted. :(

Finally, egg donor's hair in that pic with the plaid dresses looks a greasy mess. Makes me wonder if she herself was well acquainted with soap, water, and shampoo. Ick. I hope those kids are now being allowed to shower three times a day if that is what they want.

Yes, I understand how they were forced to live and why they would be pale. That’s not what my comment was about.

The other thing I forgot to mention is did those people who bought the house found the photos and report it to police.

Pull Ups and many boxes of diapers. They are excessive people in everything they do, everything they own is in multiples. Wonder if they did a lot of online shopping.

The diapers might have been for the other kids? When they were chained up?

I don't believe that cadaver dog story. It sounds fishy to me.

I know that fact was attributed to Chris Hansen, but I could see that conversation going as follows:

Hansen: "What steps are you taking to investigate the abuse?

LEO: "We are doing whatever it takes to see that justice is done."

Hansen: "Are you looking into whether any children may have died between the 12yo and the 10yo?"

LEO: "We are looking at everything.

Hansen: "Would you bring in cadaver dogs to inspect the Turpin property?"

LEO: "We will use whatever tools are necessary."

Hansen reports: "I have it on good authority that law enforcement is considering bringing in cadaver dogs to inspect the property."

I just can’t see her investing that kind of time and energy into something for the children.

I can. I can picture her learning to sew as a girl so she would have the skills. And I can see her picking out that pattern and fabric, both of which would be unflattering to her daughters. And I can see her working on the project while neglecting her children - "Look at what I do for you!" Doing a big task that probably means absolutely nothing to the children and then likely making them feel like it's a treat.

Just a guess, however. It's possible she bought them. I don't think she hired a seamstress as that would require an outsider taking measurements.

jmo

As a home schooling, well now technically an online school family, those suggestions are both politically unfeasible in most states and terrifying. I represented home schooling families on a statewide committee investigating the abuse of children with disabilities for the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth, and we looked into this issues.
Do you know how many homeschooling families started homeschooling after the public school system abused their children? One of the things I did as part of the committee was ask families of children with disabilities their concerns and experiences regarding abuse of children with disabilities. All of these families first thought was that I was inquiring reqarding the school system's abuse of special education students.
Can you imagine expecting these same families, families who have been failed miserably by the public schools, to submit to an examination by the same school administrators?
These situations do occur under the guise of homeschooling but they are extremely rare. Far, far more children who attend public or private schools are abused either by parents or by the school system. No one suggests going into every class and privately interviewing students to decide if the teacher is abusing them.
Women hide pregnancies and throw newborns in trash cans, but no one would seriously suggest examining all women to see if they are pregnant and checking in with them to be sure they don't throw their babies away. It is an extremely rare phenomenon.
Cases like the Turpin case are even more rare. There is no reason to target homeschoolers for it.
If homeschoolers had to submit to the kind of oversight discussed in the article, abusive families would just fail to register or go more deeply underground.

Of course people don’t interview students in a classroom to find out if their teacher is abusing them. In schools there is accountability. At home, there isn’t. It is ridiculous to say people don’t go checking every woman for pregnancy just in case she is hiding it, so why should home schools be verified. It isn’t that rare for abused kids to be homeschooled. It is a higher rate than traditionally schooled kids.

ETA: http://hsinvisiblechildren.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members