CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I'm not spice but am a bit of a human behaviorist too. It's very indicative of pathological narcissism. She has very strong need for admiration and the need to be needed. That's how she "props up" her self esteem. Inside she's very insecure inside (prob stemming from the dysfunctional family environment she grew up in) As kids grow older, of course the become more independent and more self focused, so to use an addiction metaphor-- this need for love and admiration and to just be needed is her drug. Younger kids give her a better high than the older because they are more dependent. But of course she also has fears of abandonment, so can't let the grown ones go either. That and they'd report her probably - hence the need to keep them prisoner.
As far as DT, idk. Can't figure him Out. He's a sicko too but in a diff way than LT. I'm sure Spice has some good input here too. We were kinda chatting it up about this last night at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean the three things, taken together, that show a need for starting from scratch on everything.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh my oh my. Lots to catch up on. How are the victims doing? Any statements from hospital on their recovery?

Lay off the family. You may not like them or agree with them, but that doesn't mean you can rip them to shreds.

Like any other case, they are not to be dragged into the case unless there is something definitive that any of them knew exactly what was going on.

No Texas probes involving California torture suspects
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 8:11 AM EST

RIO VISTA, Texas (AP) - An official in Texas says authorities there had no reports involving the couple charged in California with shackling and starving 12 of their 13 children.

David and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty in Riverside County, California, to multiple counts of torture, child abuse and false imprisonment. The couple moved to California from near Fort Worth, Texas, in 2011.

Patrick Crimmins with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services said Saturday that his agency had no investigations concerning the Turpins.

~snip

http://www.kristv.com/story/37317813/no-texas-probes-involving-california-torture-suspects

To GrilledCheesy, here ya go.

I'm not really comfortable with analyzing the new accusations by LT's sister regarding their sexual behavior. I think that's extraneous information at this point, and probably shouldn't have been shared. If they both consented to whatever happened in AL, and if it had nothing to do with their kids or his work (and so far we have no reason to think it did), it's their business and nobody else's, IMO. I'm also worried that these relatives are throwing gasoline on an already raging inferno for the wrong reasons.

However, if this were an ongoing thing that they did - LT had sex with men outside her marriage - I do wonder if it's possible that children were fathered by someone other than DT, in particular the baby. Maybe he has fertility troubles as he got older and that's why the long gap happened between 12 and 13; perhaps LT was seeking out other men to help her conceive again. Perhaps LE already knows of their proclivities and it's one reason for the DNA testing.

Yes, I don't see why there's so much antagonism towards L's sister Teresa. Those weren't fake tears; she's in a state of misery. The background sexual abuse seems only too likely, and she's not presenting it as an excuse. The phasing out of contact, first in person then by Skype/phone is something she couldn't possibly have controlled. The fake "we're doing so well" stories were an effective way of blowing her off. And there's no way that she could have considered a rather seedy story of consenting-adults activity between her sister, bro-in-law and A.N. Other as in any way indicative of child abuse. She probably also feels to some extent that she needs to go to the media to defend the family from endless accusations of "they must have known". In my view, she's giving a pretty clear account of how they were prevented from knowing, and I for one feel sorry and sad for her.

I do believe the sister about Huntsville, AL. I don't know what else she said, but no one would make up some scenario about a hotel in Huntsville.

Did she also say she was abused? I am sorry that happened to her.

Sister Teresa said she, their mom, Louise and the other sister were all sexually abused by a male family member, didn't say who he was but that it happened and he was someone that should have protected and loved them.

Thanks, bestill. Sister E has also said in a subsequent interview that the abuse, while done by a close family member, was *not* perpetrated by their parents, though they were instructed to keep quiet about it. (Not excusing this behavior, simply clarifying what we've been told so that rumor is not taken for fact at this stage.) If you were to read the obituary she wrote for her dad, as well as other comments she's written, it's clear she felt very close to him and admired him greatly. So it would probably grieve her as a family member to read people's comments implying that he had done so when she has stated, in fact, that he did not.

The other thing I've been mulling over--and please correct me if I'm wrong, I may have missed something. But I thought I read that there is "1 count" of lewd behavior that DT is charged with, that happened sometime during the span of a year in regards to one of their daughters. From what I've read, DT has not (yet) been charged with periodically or daily perpetuating those lewd acts upon his children "for a year." (Though we might feel logically inclined to make that conclusion.) So, while there may well be more instances and more charges coming...right now, that's where that charge stands (unless I missed a press release this morning). It's still reprehensible, all if it. It's a horrible case. But JMO, it doesn't diminish things at all to keep the facts in the forefront of the discussion, especially as there are new people coming into the threads who haven't caught up, yet.

JMO...

Maybe someone could start a separate thread where people could go to debate the pros and cons of homeschooling, and leave the sleuthing to everybody else.

I'm not really comfortable with analyzing the new accusations by LT's sister regarding their sexual behavior. I think that's extraneous information at this point, and probably shouldn't have been shared. If they both consented to whatever happened in AL, and if it had nothing to do with their kids or his work (and so far we have no reason to think it did), it's their business and nobody else's, IMO. I'm also worried that these relatives are throwing gasoline on an already raging inferno for the wrong reasons.

However, if this were an ongoing thing that they did - LT had sex with men outside her marriage - I do wonder if it's possible that children were fathered by someone other than DT, in particular the baby. Maybe he has fertility troubles as he got older and that's why the long gap happened between 12 and 13; perhaps LT was seeking out other men to help her conceive again. Perhaps LE already knows of their proclivities and it's one reason for the DNA testing.

Interesting that you mention that. In some photos I thought the 3 youngest girls looked like each other but not like the
others. 2 were like 8-9 yrs. old (looked like twins in some pics) and then the baby also looked like these 2. Lighter
hair, very round head and facial features. Unlike the older children. Anyone else notice this?

To GrilledCheesy, here ya go.

Respectfully, that doesn't say that Texas authorities are not going to conduct an investigation. It says that they had no previous reports or investigations of the family while they were living in Texas. Big difference. They have a duty to investigate all the properties where the family lived, especially if there's any inkling that other children might have been born.

I hope the IRS is involved in this, with that many dependents the refund would be huge with all of the write offs and "home schooling"... aside from the fact of keeping all "children" dependent by abusing them into perpetual childhood. We know one adult was allowed to take college classes, so he would be considered a student in the eyes of tax law. Big refunds= big trips to Disney, and whatever else they did.

Just to clarify. Once they pass age 19, the adult children would not be dependents unless they are in college full time (to age 26) or legally declared disabled. Since they haven't been to the dr in years, it's likely that they aren't legally defined as disabled.

It sounds to me that the oldest male took a music class at a local college. I doubt he was attending full time.

One of my concerns was since she is an adult, she was responsible for herself in the eyes of the law. However, they kept her, she stayed, they restrained her sometimes, is that kidnapping? Plus she didn't feel like she could leave/escape. I'm just wondering how this all plays out legally. I think there could be kidnapping here.
I believe it is kidnapping. The law recognizes that in cases where someone who willingly goes with someone, but then is not allowed to leave, as a crime. (Example - Chinese student who got in a car willingly but then was kept and tortured against her will.)

They also regularly prosecute cases where someone was kidnapped and initially held against their will, ends up with Stockholm syndrome and could conceivably escape later but does not, as kidnapping.

Can someone repost the post of 12 or more hours ago giving the info that cards and letters will be passed to the children, and the address to send them please ?? TIA

Maybe add this to the Media Link also if not already done ?

The Corona Chamber of Commerce will deliver cards to the children at the hospital.
60524b38667863b3f5344a5d1cf94934.jpg

This is an excellent excellent response post. I agree with everything you said. Some other seemingly small but very relevant dynamics are 1) that she has a private lawyer while he has a public defender. If they were on equal ground they would both be using a private lawyer and possibly being represented together. 2) courtroom affect: she is very alert and involved with her lawyer, smiling inappropriately....given the gravity of the situation she should look scared or remorseful. This is an indicator of her level of psychopathy. She feels justified in what she's done and i wouldn't be surprised if she thought she was going to get off home free or with minimal punishment.
DT's affect on the other hand is, to degree, how I'd expect someone to look. He's frowning, kinda pissed looking (haven't fully analyzed this yet, but I think in part, is directed at LT for getting them into this). I wouldn't say he's remorseful looking tho, which tells me there's something not right about him too (lol well obviously not but I get what I mean). Yet another thing is that I've yet to see LT look at it interact with DT, she's out to protect herself at all costs. She really doesn't give a rip about him I don't think. He's just another human to manipulate. Don't get me wrong. I'm not letting DT off the hook. Even if he's not the primary instigator or had no "active" role in the abuse (which I srsly doubt), he's def off his rocker to be able to stand idly by and watch it all go down. He gives me the creeps as a pervert and she's just downright scary to me. Psycho women frighten me much more than psycho men. lol. Think there are some stats on women who commit violent & heinous crimes. So in general--That overall less likely than men to comitt these crimes but when they do they tend to do it dramatically if u know what I mean.

On your point 1, I thought it had been established that her lawyer is the equivalent of a public defender. They cannot have the same public defender, so a regular attorney was assigned to her. But she likely did not hire him.

(Snipped by me)

I'm glad you brought this up! For a college graduate in his 20's to want to date, let alone marry, a HIGH SCHOOL girl of 16 is gross, creepy, and NOT NORMAL. I want to shout that from the rooftops. When I was in high school I had a friend of 16 who was dating some guy in his 20's (not even a college grad, just some random nogoodnik with a menial job) and everyone, except my friend, thought it was creepy and wrong! People in their 20s who date high school students want someone young and naive, to control and abuse! If DT had been on the up and up he'd have dated/married a woman his own age. College, ffs, that's a great place to meet people your age! That's an actual benefit of college - not just knowledge and a degree, but meeting new people and making friends. Even if you stay home and go to community college, you still meet new people! Marrying a high school girl of 16 under those circumstances is a giant honking red flag with a Jolly Roger on it.

Sperm donor is every bit as culpable as egg donor and I have none, zero, nada, 0 sympathy for either one.
I'm not sure that the age difference is a "giant honking red flag with a Jolly Roger on it", maybe just a simple red flag will do.

If you're trying to say that DT was responsible for instigating the whole thing, I'd agree.

But if you're trying to say that LT was powerless to stop this and was manipulated, I think we don't really know.

We're not sure about the context of how they met and kept meeting. Maybe they kept seeing each other at church? Maybe they marveled at their shared affinity for the smell of cat feces? Maybe they just had some connection. But man, talk about two people you wish who'd a never re-produced.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]At any rate, this whole case is Chinese-Russian-Spanish-furia rojo el diablo flaming-red flag.

"They were ordered to smile and dance and clap to celebrate their torturers, to celebrate their torturers having what they were all being denied, and to do all this in the name of "love." "
Sounds like North Korea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member