CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone brought up the parallels between the Turpins and the Presleys? Elvis raised by an extremely religious mother with a Pentecostal/mystic bent, and was very controlling. Then Elvis and Priscilla start dating when she's 14 and he's 21. An article I just read said Priscilla claims they "didn't go out" and "lived in a bubble." A documentary I watched a few years ago claimed Elvis basically held Priscilla hostage in dark rooms with no windows where they'd stay up all night and sleep during the day.

Good memory you have and yes there are some similarities. Didn't her military father and mother allow Elvis to take
Priscilla to the states to live with him before they were married. I always thought that was odd.

Ch 7 Doc signed 8/26/2011 and my belief the 8/26/2011 may be filing date. We don't have rest of the rec, but if someone wants to look can with a PACER account.

10/30/2011 profile with -DT parents, -DT, LT and 12 children at Disneyland
11/05/2011 FB friend and OB GYN M.D from Ft Worth makes comment & Turpin account replies.****
**JMHO I believe 99%, that #5 is named after Dr.

**Listed under creditors of interest are
10/2007 One Source Imaging $35
8/2008 I believe is a doctor balance $10
North Star Anesthesia $179
Tarrant County Pathology

*Youngest child on Ch7 age is listed as 4. Going by other children ages it appears having a baby every year. So 4 year old was 4 may have been almost 5 (as many of the kids were near birthday or just had going by confirm DOB)
** Going by creditors and dates, jmho I thinking LT went for ultrasound 10/2007 prev? Then possibly lost baby in 2008? Anesthesia and Pathology then maybe check up 8/2008?

12/11/2010 profile date, comment made by account "9 months we will have a new little one to add"
3/20/2011 sees lawyer about Ch 7.

Jmho I thinking she had another miscarriage

The creditor listed in Cleburne Texas in the Ch7 is an eye doctor.

"Dr. S. performs cataract surgery, eye lid surgery, laser procedures and treats various eye diseases."

Which we know oldest son wears glasses in all photos Ava, and middle son clearly has vision problem. At least jmho

Did they say when cadaver dogs will be going to the residence?

I have been completely disgusted since this crime was reported last week. This has gone on for so long it is a miracle that the courageous 17 year old escaped from these monsters. I believe DT and LT had the two dogs there as 'watch dogs' that would bark if there was any unexpected movement in the house. It is a miracle that the 17 year old was able to escape without the dogs barking and alerting the parents.

I find it odd that the first child is listed as being born in Los Angeles County in California. I don't understand that because from what we are hearing from the press, they left West Virginia/Virginia to go to Texas. Yet the Birth records for the eldest child are from California.

Also, they were married in Giles County Virginia, not West Virginia according to the license on Ancestry. I find it odd that supposedly DT graduated in '84 with the Electrical Engineering degree from Virginia Tech, then went back to West Virginia. This tells me he had no job offers from employers that interviewed engineering students at Virginia Tech. That seems quite strange for someone with an Electrical Engineering degree with a specialization in Computer Engineering. Somehow he ended up with a job in either Texas or Southern California, but it sounds like this happened months after he graduated.

FWIW in VA you can get in state tuition prices if you live in a neighboring state and can reasonably argue that you can’t receive the degree you want or an appropriate quality of the same education in your state. As I stated in a previous thread, Blacksburg, VA is about an hour drive from Princeton, WV. There are certainly jobs in West Virginia for engineers of all sorts and still today commuting at least a bit is not uncommon.

Also, they married when she was 16 IIRC. In VA for decades now you can marry at 16 with parental consent or under 16 if you have a MD confirmed pregnancy or have given birth.
cfe9c907549c9a57808d89d40fae3413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When crimes are committed in multiple states, those are all separate charges. States will sometimes extradite a prisoner from another state after they've been to trial in the other state. Likewise, federal charges are completely separate.

If you look at the missing/found Colorado girls, the kidnapper is facing federal charges and separate state charges in Texas. But he also has additional crimes in Louisiana that he could theoretically be sent back there for trial in the future.

Typically, we tend to allow the whichever state has the strongest or most serious case against a criminal to go to trial first. If they get life for something, other states may not bother to extradite and try their case. Also, federal charges often go first. But every case is different.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain, it’s much appreciated

BBM

The Turpins left Texas because one of the survivors attempted to escape and was returned by a local. A person that bought the destroyed home in Texas after The Turpins left, found polaroid pictures of a bed with restraints on the headboard, strange vents in the closets, scratch marks on the backs of doors, and a completely hoarded home covered in feces. A kitten was found in the dumpster and 2 dogs were left locked inside and had survived by eating dirty diapers. Neighbors were concerned the entire time they lived there but never called their concerns in to CPS and feel guilty about it to this day. We only know of the oldest survivor playing with a neighbor for a short time, which ended when an adult asked her name and her response was " If you listen, you may find out my name" (paraphrase) and her younger sister said "shhh..don't say anything" The playing ended then and there They were not free range.

The depraved abuse was definitely happening in Texas and continued in California. This is just not a everything just suddenly escalated in the past 3 years " situation.

Authorities have clearly stated that the abuse started in Texas, was chronic, and went on for decades.

Respectfully we don't know for fact that is why they left Texas. Their home was foreclosed on per Ch 7 document 4/2010. -DT and LT swore under oath that they lived in Rio Vista farm land from 7/1999 until 5/2010. Which is only a month after foreclosure. That was on the mobile home 4/2010.

Which brings up Complaint dates beginning 1/1/2010, and post from FB stating David was back with Northrop, possible they went to CA looking for home there knowing home being foreclosed. The individuals giving interviews would have no idea of that stuff just assumed. And many trash homes and don't clean up when leaving.

Jmho

Has anyone brought up the parallels between the Turpins and the Presleys? Elvis raised by an extremely religious mother with a Pentecostal/mystic bent, and was very controlling. Then Elvis and Priscilla start dating when she's 14 and he's 21. An article I just read said Priscilla claims they "didn't go out" and "lived in a bubble." A documentary I watched a few years ago claimed Elvis basically held Priscilla hostage in dark rooms with no windows where they'd stay up all night and sleep during the day.

Well, the jail that they are being held in is named the Presley Detention Center, so that's fitting!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...fter-13-found-captive-california-home-n837871

So could this mean that the DA isn't willing to accept any kind of a plea deal? I really hate that the kids would have to testify, but at the same time it could be very therapeutic for them to face their parents in court.

From a selfish point of view, I want a trial. I want to hear from the parents. My brain is trying so hard to make sense out of all of this - to find some reasoning, or something that helps it makes sense. But it just doesn't compute.

BBM
I don't think that a trial will bring satisfaction. I think that one or both of the parents are sadists. Sadists are, for the most part, "made", not born that way. To inflict that type of pain and torture, for so long, and seem so nonchalant in court, my vote is sadist (subject to change w/more info).

They did an experiment in the link below, with killing bugs, with names, in a grinder (no bugs were really harmed), as a job, vs. choosing a job of cleaning toilets, or working in freezing temps. I'd have to have taken one of the latter two, probably cleaning toilets. unless I had some good cold weather gear, but I couldn't grind up pill bugs. I like pill bugs.

Sadists, psychopaths, narcissists, and those low in empathy… aggressed against an innocent person when aggression was easy.

“Of those with dark personalities, however, only sadists increased the intensity of their attack once they realized the innocent person would not fight back.”

Of all the participants, only sadists were willing to work at a deliberately tedious task to earn the right to blast their opponent. The researchers interpret this as resulting from the sadist’s enjoyment of “inflicting suffering on the weak that they will agress even at a personal cost”.

http://keenetrial.com/blog/2013/09/23/everyday-sadists-they-walk-among-us/

I've envisioned it much the same way. I checked Google maps and note that if the 17-year-old that escaped walked up the street two houses, she would be at the corner of another street. I bet she turned the corner and walked down that street to be out of view of the Turpin house......just in case. Once she felt she was out of sight, she made the 911 car and the dispatcher sent a police car out to meet her. Once the officer heard her story and saw the pictures on the cell phone, I would imagine he called headquarters and there was discussion on how to proceed. Maybe the horrible pictures on the cell phone were transmitted to headquarters during discussion. At any rate, police were sent out and the rest is history.

One of the neighbors interviewed said it was 8:30am in the morning when she saw police across the street. So, I think the 17-year-old escaped the house sometime between 7:00am and 7:30am.

Do we know for sure that the pictures were on the cell phone? I'm wondering if the sexual assault charge is documented in a photo.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!?!?!

I just read the headline about the swinger allegation. Is that true?
How can we be more stunned with this case?!

Okay, going to go back now and read how WSers are assessing this latest news.

:noooo:

Respectfully we don't know for fact that is why they left Texas. Their home was foreclosed on per Ch 7 document 4/2010. -DT and LT swore under oath that they lived in Rio Vista farm land from 7/1999 until 5/2010. Which is only a month after foreclosure. That was on the mobile home 4/2010.

Which brings up Complaint dates beginning 1/1/2010, and post from FB stating David was back with Northrop, possible they went to CA looking for home there knowing home being foreclosed. The individuals giving interviews would have no idea of that stuff just assumed. And many trash homes and don't clean up when leaving.

Jmho

BBM and Snipped By Me

After the family left, repo men showed up for their two cars, and their house was foreclosed. Billy Baldwin and his mother bought the house a year later, the interior trashed, the bathroom floor rotted through, he said.

His suspicions about how David and Louise Turpin treated their eight children grew as the years passed. The family rarely left the four-bedroom, two-bath home on 36 acres dotted with mesquite trees. They kept lights on at all hours, blinds drawn. One Christmas they bought eight new children's bicycles that sat outside, unused, until they became sun bleached.
The children rarely emerged. Soon after the family arrived, one of the older girls tried to run away but was returned by a local resident. The family stacked a dumpster in their yard with trash that eventually filled the house and a nearby double-wide trailer. David Turpin would stand in the driveway shooting cans with his pistol, aiming toward the road.

Vinyard said he and his wife considered reporting the couple to Rio Vista authorities. But he had reservations because he had grown up in the town of fewer than a thousand people, at the end of a county road surrounded by pastures, miles from the sheriff's office.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-na-perris-texas-20180120-story.html

I stand corrected. This is the home that they hoarded themselves out of, bought the double wide and lived in that leaving the children alone in the house, bringing them food over occasionally.

The survivor tried to run away shortly after they arrived in Texas in the year 2000 but was returned by a local. 18 years ago.

18 years. My god.

I don't think so. I was in a religious boarding school back in the 80's where I was starved down from a slim 5'9" teen with a bust (132 pounds) to between 86-88 pounds in just 4 months. My chest completely disappeared. Even my nipples regressed to a pre-pubescent state.

I'm so sorry you went through that. :hug:

Jmho

I agree. I think they left Texas because he was either laid off from his job in Fort Worth or was transferred to California. They were dependent on that good government contractor paycheck.

A layoff would explain the foreclosure and bankruptcy. He had a new job in California at the time they filed for BK, but they were so far in arrears and default on their debts that they needed to file BK to get a fresh start.

"Riverside County District Attorney Michael Hestrin discusses on Megyn Kelly TODAY the latest details about the horrific treatment of the 13 children who were chained to their beds and held captive inside their California home. He tells Megyn Kelly that the children are “providing significant information” and that he thinks “they’ll be witnesses” in their parents’ trial."
From the Today show link above.

That’s great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm wondering if LT had an online dating profile. Maybe the personal Louise Robinette FB page was used that way. She updated this photo in 2013.

https://www.facebook.com/louise.robinette?ref=br_rs

That sign behind her, makes me think that the photo was taken in a school building "Misdemeanor to consume beer/liquor on the premises". Not the best pic for a dating profile photo but for some reason folks post pics of themselves in restrooms, so, go figure.

LT pregnant here, but not sure what the year is. Any guesses? I put a heart on the faces on those
attachment.php
I think are minors.

Attachments

• Turpin Family at Circus with hearts.JPG
    Turpin Family at Circus with hearts.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 587
Listening to the sister's interview with Megyn Kelly. I can't deal. We have thirteen victims/survivors, and here she is, not once talking about them. It's about her, her psycho sister, her, then her. Lots of crocodile tears.I don't buy it.

Her interview today seems to be different in terms of amount/years of contact than her earlier interviews.

I don't know #8's exact bday (though I think I've seen bdays posted, i don't remember by whom or how long ago, and there isn't a list in the media thread)

FWIW, the date range in the complaint doesn't begin with day 1 of the their residence in CA (unlike all the other charges), and ends in November 2013, before #8 was 14 (she was born in 2001), and well before the day she escaped & the monsters were arrested.

Ages are as of date #8 contacted police. Example may have just had birthday or fixing to as is #2 on Feb 3, 2018. By ages listed on Ch 7 documents they are at least on document a yea apart. But actually some are a 1 1/2 or months apart. Jmho #8 born in 2000 not 2001.

LT pregnant here, but not sure what the year is. Any guesses? I put a heart on the faces on those
attachment.php
I think are minors.

My guess is at the 2013 wedding renewal because it was taken in Vegas. She has the same hair and she looks pregnant in that video. It is the one time she wears a different dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle