CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT pregnant here, but not sure what the year is. Any guesses? I put a heart on the faces on those
attachment.php
I think are minors.

They look very much the same as the 2013 video. My guess is October 31, 2013.

That sign behind her, makes me think that the photo was taken in a school building "Misdemeanor to consume beer/liquor on the premises". Not the best pic for a dating profile photo but for some reason folks post pics of themselves in restrooms, so, go figure.
Someone mentioned yesterday that the photo was taken in a Target store.

That sign behind her, makes me think that the photo was taken in a school building "Misdemeanor to consume beer/liquor on the premises". Not the best pic for a dating profile photo but for some reason folks post pics of themselves in restrooms, so, go figure.

If you zoom you can tell it was taken at Target. I have read that it is a fake profile. The picture was the profile on Spokeo. Someone figured out (allegedly) that it was actually uploaded to the profile recently and the date changed. I don’t know if that is true but it makes sense. There are a couple fake profiles that have been set up since the arrest.

Not trying to dictate to anyone how to speculate or what about, but hearing people wonder over and over again if any of the daughters/sons were mother/father to the 2 yr old leaves me even more horrified by this story than I already am.

There is no solid reason to think that really happened, or that LT would have been incapable of having the baby herself. Many women have a later-in-life baby after a period of not having any, no matter how many they have had, or how often. Why not LT?

There is no charge of rape. Lewd acts means touch. Those survivors were doing all they could to just stay alive - who really, honestly believes that any one of the daughters could have made it through pregnancy and delivery on next to NO body fat? In an emaciated condition?

Who honestly believes LT would have allowed one of her daughters to be pregnant, when that was clearly LT's favorite pastime? I think she would have more likely killed a pregnant daughter, rather than give up HER role in the family. I don't believe she would have accepted a baby from one of her older daughters, either. She hated them too much. We have seen photos of LT pregnant. IMO, she is clearly the mother of the youngest.

Without further proof that there is solid reason to believe that one of the children either mothered or fathered that baby, please let it go. Please. These kids do not need that.

Listening to the sister's interview with Megyn Kelly. I can't deal. We have thirteen victims/survivors, and here she is, not once talking about them. It's about her, her psycho sister, her, then her. Lots of crocodile tears.I don't buy it.

Seemed to me like she was just answering the questions that she was asked by Megyn, who was controlling the interview. She struck me as being much more sincere and honest than the other sister and brother.

My guess is at the 2013 wedding renewal because it was taken in Vegas. She has the same hair and she looks pregnant in that video. It is the one time she wears a different dress.

If she was pregnant in 2013, then she would have a child almost 4 years old. Not a 2 year old. So where is the child that may have been born in 2014????

If she was pregnant in 2013, then she would have a child almost 4 years old. Not a 2 year old. So where is the child that may have been born in 2014????

Exactly what I was thinking!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!?!?!

I just read the headline about the swinger allegation. Is that true?
How can we be more stunned with this case?!

Okay, going to go back now and read how WSers are assessing this latest news.

:noooo:

She seemed sincere about her feelings for the children. I hope when this is all over she will at least be allowed phone contact with the children.
As for the swinger story..it happened to my cousins . They started hanging out with bikers,drinking,and swapping.
They grew up in a very strict god fearing household. They have since reverted back to their former ways.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-na-perris-texas-20180120-story.html

I stand corrected. This is the home that they hoarded themselves out of, bought the double wide and lived in that leaving the children alone in the house, bringing them food over occasionally.

The survivor tried to run away shortly after they arrived in Texas in the year 2000 but was returned by a local. 18 years ago.

18 years. My god.

They lived in Fort Worth, Texas prior to moving to the rural property in Rio Vista, TX. There are reports that they lived apart from the children and brought food occasionally, when they lived in Fort Worth.

We don't know if it was when they moved the double wide in on the Rio Vista property. (Though, that seems more logical.)

BBM

The Turpins left Texas because one of the survivors attempted to escape and was returned by a local. A person that bought the destroyed home in Texas after The Turpins left, found polaroid pictures of a bed with restraints on the headboard, strange vents in the closets, scratch marks on the backs of doors, and a completely hoarded home covered in feces. A kitten was found in the dumpster and 2 dogs were left locked inside and had survived by eating dirty diapers. Neighbors were concerned the entire time they lived there but never called their concerns in to CPS and feel guilty about it to this day. We only know of the oldest survivor playing with a neighbor for a short time, which ended when an adult asked her name and her response was " If you listen, you may find out my name" (paraphrase) and her younger sister said "shhh..don't say anything" The playing ended then and there They were not free range.

The depraved abuse was definitely happening in Texas and continued in California. This is just not a everything just suddenly escalated in the past 3 years " situation.

Authorities have clearly stated that the abuse started in Texas, was chronic, and went on for decades.

I realize the conditions were horrible in TX too, and I meant free range in looking after their own needs. A parent not interested in feeding, nor properly clothing, the children (the kid who wrote the FB post about the one in 3rd grade speaks to a child having to look after themselves), and the empty cans of wieners seems like they were just given those to sustain on, at home.

I did not say this started only three years ago, but there is record that the eldest, I think, was attending school in TX. So she wasn't being held captive all day. I said that it likely ramped up in 2010. Folks did see the children outside, in TX. I think the one girl getting into their home stopped them from playing with her, and, I agree, along with her mom's questions. She claimed to see them playing out back after they were no longer allowed to play together, now, how much stock we can put in these eyewitness accounts, from 8 or more years ago, idk. The human memory is fallible. However, I'd thought the reason they moved was the foreclosure on their farm, so they moved to another part of Texas, then that fell through, and they moved to CA where their finances were beginning to crumble again. The latter is why I think LT wanted a bus, they were going to hit the road, and that was the impetus, along with the sicker 29 y.o., for the 17 y/o to make the break.

Edit: I think it became much worse when they registered the home school. After that, the kids became completely isolated. I have not seen anywhere that they were home schooled in TX.

They look very much the same as the 2013 video. My guess is October 31, 2013.

She is pregnant in this pic with what is now, the 2 or 3 year old, so wouldn't this pic be taken in 2015????

Just gotta say. I don't see these people as planners. Runners and avoiders, yes. But complex planning (starving the kids so they stay childlike, moving out of the city to have an easy place to bury an adult child that might die) just doesn't seem like a good fit. They seem far more impulsive and have a difficult time foreseeing logical consequences to their actions.
Starving the children to be childlike does not imply planning to me, but rather, a subconscious reason for it. I'm not set on that being the only reason, but I am considering it as part of it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree. I think they left Texas because he was either laid off from his job in Fort Worth or was transferred to California. They were dependent on that good government contractor paycheck.

A layoff would explain the foreclosure and bankruptcy. He had a new job in California at the time they filed for BK, but they were so far in arrears and default on their debts that they needed to file BK to get a fresh start.

I'm not sure. According this this article:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-mal...ed-trailer-texas-home-years/story?id=52477251

The Turpins moved to Rio Vista after their home in Fort Worth was foreclosed on, records show. The home in Rio Vista sits on land that has mineral rights, so the family was receiving "nice royalties" off of the gas well on the property while they lived there for more than 10 years, Baldwin said.

From Google:
Dual compensation for Mineral Right Owners
The landowner receives two forms of compensation for leasing his minerals. The first is called a ‘Bonus’ which is a signing bonus that is paid on a per acre basis. Typically $200-$500 per acre. The bonus will be paid once at the time of the signing of the lease, and it may be the only money the landowner will get.

The second is the oil and gas royalty which is the percent of the money generated by the oil and gas from his property. Traditionally 12.5%, but more recently around 18% – 25%. The percentage varies upon how well the landowner negotiated and how expensive the oil company expects the extraction of oil and gas to be.

In the event oil and gas were found and the wells produce, then the royalties kick in. So if the oil well produce 100 barrels a day, and the price of oil is $80 per barrel that month, then the cash flow is 100x$80 = $8,000/day The royalty owner, who agreed to 15% royalty, would receive $8,000 x 0.15 = $1,200/day. Over a month, that brings in $36,000 per month to the mineral owner, who in this case, is the landowner.

I'm not sure if there is any way to find out how much they were receiving in royalties but between his government contractor job and the mineral rights, they should have been rolling in money. I wonder where it all went?!

Listening to the sister's interview with Megyn Kelly. I can't deal. We have thirteen victims/survivors, and here she is, not once talking about them. It's about her, her psycho sister, her, then her. Lots of crocodile tears.I don't buy it.
Respectfully, there's not much she knows about the kids. They are likely asking her questions she has the answers to.

I haven't watched it, BTW.

I kept wondering how the victims kept up with time. It must be through the journals and their entries.
The parents may very well have had a calendar in their kitchen like most people do.

She is pregnant in this pic with what is now, the 2 or 3 year old, so wouldn't this pic be taken in 2015????

The Elvis impersonator/wedding renewal officiant said that the "weddings" were on:
Oct. 29, 2011
Sept. 2, 2013
Oct. 31, 2015
http://people.com/crime/california-house-horrors-elvis-impersonator-speaks-out/

The baby appears to be +/- 6 months old in the Oct. 2015 one, so she couldn't have been pregnant with her in 2013. Maybe a miscarriage, or she was just chubby?

And this photo is the one with the baby. Confusing!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Turpin Family w-baby.JPG
    Turpin Family w-baby.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 446
The creditor listed in Cleburne Texas in the Ch7 is an eye doctor.

"Dr. S. performs cataract surgery, eye lid surgery, laser procedures and treats various eye diseases."

Which we know oldest son wears glasses in all photos Ava, and middle son clearly has vision problem. At least jmho
I wonder if LT ever wore glasses. I'd bet money on her getting laser surgery for herself before helping one of these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member