CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disability qualifiers have nothing to do with if you worked or not,
they will all get Medicaid and use up all funds available to them then ssdi.

For SSDI you must have worked for about 10 years. SSI is wealthfare. No work history is necessary to collect that.

If they were planning on moving within days, who all were going to drive the 4 vehicles? Were they going to just leave one or two? Were they going to have a couple shipped to where they were going? Just curious....plus, wasn't one of the older children seen driving by a neighbor?

There are transport companies that do nothing but move vehicles from state to state. When you see the big car haulers on the Interstates, sometimes they'll have one or two privately owned cars on there.

Also, depending on DT's relocation package with his company, sometimes an employee is allowed to bring extra things
and the company pays for the moving expenses.

True I remember that, but these 3 cars plus the van seem to be in good condition. It was said that the truck that was left behind in TX was filled with trash.

I'm not sure these people care. People who never even clean their house, might do just about anything. IMHO. If they wanted the vehicles, they could have transported them, in a number of different ways.

For SSDI you must have worked for about 10 years. SSI is wealthfare. No work history is necessary to collect that.
Correct I didn’t mean to include the “D” but autocorrect on iPad.

I could not be anymore disappointed that the adult children are going to assisted living. I very firmly believe that they need a parent figure who will teach them how to live in a normal family and that they are loved and supported always.

All adults need a parent! I'm in my mid 30's and still call my parents for advice on things or just for support, especially since I became a parent myself. At some point some of these adults may have their own families and need to know what normal family life is like so they can break the cycle of abuse. They are not going to get this in any sort of assisted or sheltered living type place!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I could not be anymore disappointed that the adult children are going to assisted living. I very firmly believe that they need a parent figure who will teach them how to live in a normal family and that they are loved and supported always.

All adults need a parent! I'm in my mid 30's and still call my parents for advice on things or just for support, especially since I became a parent myself. At some point some of these adults may have their own families and need to know what normal family life is like so they can break the cycle of abuse. They are not going to get this in any sort of assisted or sheltered living type place!

I tend to agree but I am wondering what kind of service out there could provide such a thing? I am a former social worker and I can honestly say that my state doesn't offer any of kind foster care or living situation like that for adults. The closest that we come are group homes for the disabled, which are a little different from assisted living facilities or nursing homes (both of which have been discussed here). We aren't really equipped to handle adults that come from this kind of situation. Foster care ends at age 18. I would imagine that it is like that across the US because I have never heard differently.

For the adults I see this going from assisted living, to independent living at the same facility, to a group home, to apartments for people with disabilities, to independent living for some of them. Assisted living will consist of peers in their 70s and 80s for the most part. Contemporary peers will come at the group home stage. Cognitive and psychological Testing of the adults may lead to having MRDD assistance as well. MRDD being whatever is politically correct these days for Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities. This will include assistance with independent living skills and probably representative payees for their social security funds.

For the adults I see this going from assisted living, to independent living at the same facility, to a group home, to apartments for people with disabilities, to independent living for some of them. Assisted living will consist of peers in their 70s and 80s for the most part. Contemporary peers will come at the group home stage. Cognitive and psychological Testing of the adults may lead to having MRDD assistance as well. MRDD being whatever is politically correct these days for Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities. This will include assistance with independent living skills and probably representative payees for their social security funds.

I think this is a logical chain of events and helpful for them at each stage of the game.

Thank goodness the 17 year old found something sharp to cut the screen with. There is an article on the college. One of the classmates interviewed said the boy talked to himself, suddenly would leave class, and said he had no friends. After meeting the mother by the van and the boy asking the mother if he could be friends with his new classmate, the mother said something like "Whatever" and drove off. The boy never appeared in this particular class again. https://radaronline.com/videos/cali...pin-kid-college-classmate-mentally-disturbed/

Apologies, catching up. That article...just when you think it can't get any sadder, there's more. I can't help but wonder why they sent this boy to college. There had to be a reason and it's highly doubtful it was for the boy's enrichment and setting him on a path to become an independent, successful young man. Earlier I commented based on his leaked GPA that could've been one more thing for DT/LT to boast about to family and on FB, and take credit for it as a reflection of their homeschooling. Another 'show' of their 'success'. Now I also wonder if he wasn't being groomed for some kind of career that enabled him to work from home (like DT??), the ultimate goal being he would become a source of income for the family.

The children care for each other but they have no,parenting skills. Where would they have learned them? The adult children are in no position to be parents nor should they be.

They need the freedom, time, and emotional support to deal with their own trauma.

Cleaning a house will be a new skill. Cooking, washing clothes, eating, sleeping, talking freely, so many many things to learn and experience .

Right, I could have worded that a bit better. I wasn’t just saying they should all just be left on their own. I certainly understand that they all need to learn life skills and have time to learn who they are as individuals. Really I was mostly referring to a very close bond that occurs between older siblings and the much younger ones. These siblings have to have been each other’s only support and source of love.

In the case of my kids, there are two younger and three older with a 6 year gap. Each of the younger ones has a favorite older sibling that they run to when they need something if I’m say frying bacon or scrubbing the toilet. I can’t imagine how much closer that bond must be for children who have survived these atrocities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LATimes article - How sweet, the neighbourhood kids running lemonade stalls to raise money and goody bags for the kids. I bet they feel awful for not suspecting/acting on the stuff that was going on :(

For the minor siblings, I think splitting them up (for now) was deliberate. We have many unknowns. The medical staff and team of social workers that go in from CSB have been observing these children in the hospital. You have 13 people who all have behavior issues of some sort and a complete lack of basic living skills. 5 or 6 kids with these kinds of issues is too much for a foster family right now. They need as much individual attention as they can get in these initial stages and to learn some Behavioral and living skills before one foster family can handle them. I truly believe that they will later be placed together when the team feels they are ready. I also believe that all 13 will be having visits together during this time.

The LATimes article - How sweet, the neighbourhood kids running lemonade stalls to raise money and goody bags for the kids. I bet they feel awful for not suspecting/acting on the stuff that was going on :(

Sounds like Louise was able to put on quite the act of normality!

Hi, I think there are two students who have come forward saying they went to grade school with the oldest victim that have been reported via the Associated Press and distributed to various newspapers - http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/article196181044.html and http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...rnia-was-bullied-frail-ex-classmate-says.html (hope at least one of the link works). They are Taha Muntajibuddin and Stephanie Hernandez. One did a Facebook post, but I did not see it on Time, but it might be out there and I can't find it.

Another classmate, Stephanie Hernandez, told the AP in a Facebook message that the girl was quiet and always wore dirt-stained jeans that were too small. Hernandez said she often was bullied.
“I remember someone kind of slung her around like a rag doll,” said Hernandez, a registered nurse in Mansfield, Texas.

:(

I agree w/ you. Assisted Living facilities are businesses geared to helping w/ necessary physical needs. What about
their EMOTIONAL NEEDS? IMO, these children all need one on one help like you'd receive from someone who
truly cares about you as a person.
Assisted Living facilities are institutions with their own rules to make the workers' lives easier. They don't necessarily
think about the patient's needs but mainly the ability of the patient to fit into the institution's needs.
I'm really worried about these older children. they've already lost many, many years of learning how to be a happy, well adjusted, good citizen with a fulfilling life. Seems to me the state/county is shutting down any attempt at helping them grow into 'normal' adult lives.
Maybe I'm being unrealistic and the authorities know the adult children will never be capable of independent living.
But I've seen enough assisted living facilities and group homes to be very disappointed that the adults will be placed there.

There really are no programs available where somebody parents adults to teach them how to function. State has to use what is available.

I tend to agree but I am wondering what kind of service out there could provide such a thing? I am a former social worker and I can honestly say that my state doesn't offer any of kind foster care or living situation like that for adults. The closest that we come are group homes for the disabled, which are a little different from assisted living facilities or nursing homes (both of which have been discussed here). We aren't really equipped to handle adults that come from this kind of situation. Foster care ends at age 18. I would imagine that it is like that across the US because I have never heard differently.

I don't think any state offers foster homes for adults. Assisted living might not be bad. Some assisted living facilities are very nice.

There really are no programs available where somebody parents adults to teach them how to function. State has to use what is available.

That's the point that I was making as well. I understand that people are upset about the adults going into an assisted living facility but I am unclear as to what others think a better option might be. Because, honestly, there are not many options for adults in this kind of situation. Children, yes. Adults, no.

I really hope the source is wrong. So much money has been donated they should buy them a house and pay for caregivers, etc. The older ones have always taken care of the younger ones.

I’ve seen it with the gap in our own kids and my husband and his older aunts he grew up with, the younger ones latch onto older ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised to read the donation amount so far. It would barely get them a small starter home in a safe neighborhood in my local real estate market.

The Riverside University Health System Foundation, which is collecting money for the siblings, so far has received 1,500 donations totaling $120,000, spokeswoman Kim Trone said.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/2...y-planned-move-to-oklahoma-before-arrest.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288