GUILTY KY - Two killed, 14 injured in Marshall County HS shooting, 23 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

When will it be enough to do something? Probably this will hardly make the news.

If enough parents protest and start taking kids out of public school until then nothing will change. NRA are way too powerful lobbyists in the States.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-kentucky-high-school-shooting-20180123-story.html

15-year-old student opened fire with a handgun inside his rural Kentucky high school Tuesday, killing two classmates, injuring 17 others and sending hundreds fleeing for safety.

Police were seen leading a teenager away in handcuffs. It was the nation's first fatal school shooting of 2018.

The shooter will be charged with murder and attempted murder, Kentucky State Police Lt. Michael Webb said.

"He was apprehended by the sheriff's department here on site, at the school, thankfully before any more lives could be taken," Webb said.

Police did not release any identities, nor did they describe a motive. Webb said detectives are looking into his home and background.

Another shooting....

UPDATE: Doctors at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee, say the hospital’s trauma center received five patents from the shooting at Marshall County High School. They were all boys from ages 15 to 18. One of the teens died.

Dr. Oscar Guillamondegui, who was the trauma team leader for the victims, said a teen who was shot in the head passed away from his injuries. He was one of three teens who suffered gunshot wounds.

One teen had a gunshot injury to the arm, and another teen was shot in the abdomen and chest. Guillamondegui said he beleives those two boys and the two other Marshall students whose injuries are not gunshots will all survive their injuries.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018/01/23/shooting-marshall-county-high-school/

Nineteen individuals are being treated for injuries, 14 of which were gun shot wounds, five non-gun shot wounds. Two have passed away, one at the scene, a 15 year old female student and one at a trama center, a 15 year old male student. The injured were taken to multiple hospitals and six were flown to the nearest Level I trama center.

http://www.marshallcountydaily.com/...d-in-shooting-at-marshall-county-high-school/

UPDATE: Doctors at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee, say the hospital’s trauma center received five patents from the shooting at Marshall County High School. They were all boys from ages 15 to 18. One of the teens died.

Dr. Oscar Guillamondegui, who was the trauma team leader for the victims, said a teen who was shot in the head passed away from his injuries. He was one of three teens who suffered gunshot wounds.

One teen had a gunshot injury to the arm, and another teen was shot in the abdomen and chest. Guillamondegui said he beleives those two boys and the two other Marshall students whose injuries are not gunshots will all survive their injuries.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018/01/23/shooting-marshall-county-high-school/

Nineteen individuals are being treated for injuries, 14 of which were gun shot wounds, five non-gun shot wounds. Two have passed away, one at the scene, a 15 year old female student and one at a trama center, a 15 year old male student. The injured were taken to multiple hospitals and six were flown to the nearest Level I trama center.

http://www.marshallcountydaily.com/...d-in-shooting-at-marshall-county-high-school/

It really hits home to read it all in one place like this. Such young people.

Sad day.

What world do we live in when this type of training of our babies is even necessary?
God be with them.

the training has been since Columbine. Six times a year for is it 20 years now? Ho hum. More kids dead but the training it good. The training was good even in the elementary school of Sandy Hook

Rest in peace to the innocent lives that were lost today !

Hoping the survivors will heal quickly. The emotional scars will always be with them. :(

Right now I'm feeling nothing at all towards the murderer. Without any further info-- possibly bullying ?
But that is no excuse for slaughtering your own classmates. Others have been bullied and they harmed no one !
:moo:

If enough parents protest and start taking kids out of public school until then nothing will change. NRA are way too powerful lobbyists in the States.

O/T - just two days ago, the school board in my county voted in favor of hiring armed security personnel from a private security firm to guard our schools. (These security guards will be present in every school, in addition to the school's resource officer assigned by local law enforcement).

ETA: It's sad that this world has come to that and that children are forced to learn and play in environments that look more like armed prison yards than schoolyards - but I'm more than okay with the decision if that's what it takes to keep the students safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awful. This shouldn’t be happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is awful. This shouldn’t be happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
just awful ... didn't see this reported in UK news ... perhaps I missed it .... tragic

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Following.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rumor has it or so I've been told, the shooter was a bullied kid. His father had passed away the night before.

Recently, a book was found in a middle school near me that had a note in it indicating a plan to harm other students. They identified the student and "interviewed" him and his parents. He was then released with no further action.

No further info provided. It's not a fun time we live in.

I have a very dear friend who lives near this area. Her husband is a police officer there. Her two children, young boys, were in an elementary school nearby.

I received a text from her yesterday morning which said:

"Please pray. School shooting at Marshall County High School. Information is sketchy right now. 'Dh' is not there; he's overseeing training. The boys' school is on lockdown for precautionary reasons. This is way too close to home."

I texted her in return that she and her family had been on my mind and I had wondered if her husband had been called to respond to it. I also asked her if she had any idea what the school authorities at her sons' elementary school were telling the children about the lockdown.

She texted back:

"My understanding is they are telling the children it's a drill."

I've not heard any more from her since then. I'm sure she's hugging all of her family extra tight...

( Thanks Tulessa, for starting the thread. So sorry I didn't find it yesterday. When I couldn't find it under 'Crimes in the News' I didn't even think to look anywhere else. My mistake...)

Rest in peace to the innocent lives that were lost today !

Hoping the survivors will heal quickly. The emotional scars will always be with them. :(

Right now I'm feeling nothing at all towards the murderer. Without any further info-- possibly bullying ?
But that is no excuse for slaughtering your own classmates. Others have been bullied and they harmed no one !
:moo:

He had swatzikas on his instagtram.

From my experience people who flaunt those around are not typically well liked

But in these times...

O/T - just two days ago, the school board in my county voted in favor of hiring armed security personnel from a private security firm to guard our schools. (These security guards will be present in every school, in addition to the school's resource officer assigned by local law enforcement).

ETA: It's sad that this world has come to that and that children are forced to learn and play in environments that look more like armed prison yards than schoolyards - but I'm more than okay with the decision if that's what it takes to keep the students safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it is sad but it's an ugly reality we live with now.

Recently, a book was found in a middle school near me that had a note in it indicating a plan to harm other students. They identified the student and "interviewed" him and his parents. He was then released with no further action.

No further info provided. It's not a fun time we live in.

frightening

He had swatzikas on his instagtram.

From my experience people who flaunt those around are not typically well liked

But in these times...

Have they released his name yet? Or did you just follow cookie crumbs to get it?

The 15-year-old student whose rampage at a rural Kentucky high school left two teens dead was charged with two counts of murder and 12 counts of first-degree assault, authorities said Wednesday.

Assistant County Attorney Jason Darnall said the shooter, whose name has not been released because he is a juvenile, was charged in juvenile court. Darnall said he will request that the case be transferred to adult court.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ol-shooting-scene-no-one-screamed/1061055001/

Video at link with another image of the shooter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back