CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s looking at that attorney the way she looked at her husband in the renewal pics and vids. Blech!!

Gross!!! And he's beaming back at her with parental pride. Ewww.

She is smiling at her attorney. Because she is bat cr*p crazy. Meanwhile DT looks very uncomfortable, like he is about to burst out of his clothes, and very unhappy. He is taking this seriously, she is not.
Sad to say, but maybe she's smiling because she feels a sense of relief - not having to be around her kids.

UGH!! That woman is sitting there smiling. She is such a creep! Why the H*** would anyone sit there and smile up at a lawyer at a time like this? She turns my stomach.
Because he is the ONLY friend she has right now.

I guess what I'm saying is that I suspect this is simply how this charge is generally worded and that "revenge" and "extortion" likely do not apply in this case. Sadistic purposes does apply. There are a lot of "ors" in there for a reason.
5bb61c1ba5e9e9d3df872d25ea44afb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2011 California Code
Penal Code
PART 1. OF CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS [25 - 680]
CHAPTER 2. Mayhem
Section 206

Universal Citation: CA Penal Code § 206 (through 2012 Leg Sess)
Every person who, with the intent to cause cruel or extreme pain and suffering for the purpose of revenge, extortion, persuasion, or for any sadistic purpose, inflicts great bodily injury as defined in Section 12022.7 upon the person of another, is guilty of torture.

The crime of torture does not require any proof that the victim suffered pain.

(Added June 5, 1990, by initiative Proposition 115, Sec. 13. Note: Prop. 115 allows the Legislature to directly amend its provisions by 2/3 vote.)

I think she is flirting with him, using the power of her feminine wiles to sway him. Seriously, she is not all there. She doesn't see that she has done anything wrong.

JNHO
Oh God! A combo of Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony. Give me strength. 🙄

She is smiling at her attorney. Because she is bat cr*p crazy. Meanwhile DT looks very uncomfortable, like he is about to burst out of his clothes, and very unhappy. He is taking this seriously, she is not.
She seems to love attention.

Oh God! A combo of Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony. Give me strength. 

Shivers. Looks like she things she's "all that". Someone neglected to tell her she's not twenty any more. moo

Made my day - that is really good news about the 3 years, and it can be reinstated also.

I for one am happy to hear that DT and LT are being kept from other inmates, sounds like solitary confinement. I was looking at the jail where they are staying and they are only allowed 2 visits per seven day week, and it looks like they only have one hour. IMO LT is the sort who needs victims to vampire on psychologically, and she doesn't have any new ones in the jail; and she also likes attention and she isn't getting that either. Let her sit in a cell by herself forever.

Jmho from following other cases I think visitation part pretty standard.

Is it just me - or does anyone else here, in looking at their latest mugshots, expect a pair of horns to sprout from LT's forehead?

I'm on the lookout for fangs.

Another poster aptly compared her to a vampire earlier

O, I see the post above, SandyQLS:

"She needs victims to vampire on psychologically..."

From the link:

"While the Turpin case has generated international interest, in part because there were so many victims, it’s not isolated, according to the Coalition for Responsible Home Education, which keeps a database of homeschool children who are abused."

Interesting, I did not know there was a website like that, will have to look at it.

I know I said this on an earlier thread, there definitely needs to be oversight in homeschooling. All that CA requires is a signed affadavit and fingerprints to operate a private school out of one's home? Private school meaning minimum of 6 children?

MOO that sounds a bit lax to me. And it seems like there was no private tutor with a valid CA teaching certificate, either.
I am a homeschooling mom in Nebraska. The only requirements here are to fill out a form online. As soon as you get the e-mail back, within a minute or two after submitting the form, you are allowed to take the children out of school to homeschool. The process took me under 20 minutes to complete. There are no inspections, no tests, no yearly review, no submission of grades or academic portfolios...nothing at all in my state to check up on homeschooled kids. You simply have to fill out a form online once a year saying that you are choosing to homeschool and that you will provide a certain number of hours per year in five required subjects. It's really bizarre and I found it unsettling how easy it was. I fully support inspections and regulations on homeschools. I grew up in an abusive, isolated environment, so when I see that the system makes things that easy on people, I automatically assume the rights are going to get abused by sadistic people such as the Turpins.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/24/perri...barred-from-contacting-their-kids-until-2021/
In addition to the 3 year Protective Order:
[FONT="]Among the other terms covered by the criminal protective order:[/FONT]

[LIST]
[*]No possession of firearms;
[*]Don’t dissuade witnesses (which is already a crime); and
[*]Don’t attempt to get kids’ addresses or locations.
[/LIST]
[FONT="]David Macher, attorney for David Turpin, says the criminal protective order actually protects his client against false claims of harassing witnesses and victims.[/FONT]
[FONT="]The Turpins are next scheduled to appear in court at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 23, when attorneys will update the judge on how case preparations are going.[/FONT]

Three years shows they have a ton of work to do.

She seems to love attention.

I think she's also obsessed with the idea of pleasing men. She's got the "old fashioned" values that men are superior to women and that women should be devoted to making them happy. I see the photo of her smiling at her lawyer as one where she's trying hard to please him and make him proud of her.

From the link:

"While the Turpin case has generated international interest, in part because there were so many victims, it’s not isolated, according to the Coalition for Responsible Home Education, which keeps a database of homeschool children who are abused."

Interesting, I did not know there was a website like that, will have to look at it.

I know I said this on an earlier thread, there definitely needs to be oversight in homeschooling. All that CA requires is a signed affadavit and fingerprints to operate a private school out of one's home? Private school meaning minimum of 6 children?

MOO that sounds a bit lax to me. And it seems like there was no private tutor with a valid CA teaching certificate, either.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13888344

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Borderline. She'll try to cozy up to her lawyer and she'll drop him like yesterday's news the second he shows any doubt. There is some poetic justice that the young woman sitting next to DT could be one of his daughters in an alternate reality. And she is advising him while he is shackled.

BPD/NPD excuses nothing, imo btw. But it does speak to the kind of mind **** these siblings may have been subjected too. "I hate you, don't leave me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288