CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 5:00pm news carried the story showing the judge issuing the ruling and the expressions on DT and LT's faces. Their faces were pretty much blank. I suspect the defense attorneys probably told them what to expect, so the judge's ruling wasn't a surprise. That was it. I didn't even notice what they were wearing.
If I cared about my kids at all, even if I knew this was coming, I'm sure I would have cried if I was told no contact for THREE YEARS.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh, I think she’s super controlling. I am not disputing that. My point was that I’m not convinced everything was orchestrated by her or “originally” orchestrated by her.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that 27-28yo DT pursued 16yo LT and now they’re children don’t look older than 16 + lewd act.

Both DT LT need to rot in hell.

Sent using Tapatalk

I keep seeing the age disparity being mentioned.. Actually, if numbers that have been presented are accurate, LT and DT have 6 years and 7 months age difference. Not ten years, or eleven as suggested by '27 or 28yo'.
DT was 23 yrs 4 mos, and LT was 16 yrs 9 mos when they married 2-11-85.

Currently DT is 56, and LT is 49.

(I am sensitive to the age thing.. My late husband was 17 years older than me. We were together happily for 24 years. I have never thought that someone would think about us what you are suggesting about them based on age difference, Perhaps they did and I never knew it.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She's a nut.

I’d say that about sums it up.
An evil nut.
A nut that needs to be locked up for the rest of her miserable life. She can try all that coquettish grinning on a prison matron and see how far it gets her.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

I realize that photographers go for the best pic of the day, but I don't think LT is all there. There's no pic in the link below, just a notation in the article;

A judge signed a protective order Wednesday prohibiting the couple from contacting their children, except through attorneys or investigators. Before the brief hearing, Louise Turpin looked at her husband and smiled. I'm leaning moe toward sadists every day. Apart, they may never have committed such things against their own, but together, well, we can see.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/da-seeks-bar-parents-contacting-13-kids-captive-52571131

There are more pictures in the Daily Mail. In one of the captions, it is reported that the attorney for DT demanded that the video cameras not picture the shackles (so the Daily Mail took a picture and posted it). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5309459/House-horrors-couple-ordered-away-children.html

I also just read where the children were never given access to watch any TV or listen to the radio. I am not sure how far this goes back, but it sounds like it goes all the way back to at least when they moved to California in 2010.

Does anyone remember the case in Tracy CA of a young boy held captive in shackles, starved, and beaten in a fireplace for over a year who escaped by jumping over a wall and going to a nearby fitness center? He used a trampoline to escape and jump over an 8 foot sound wall - http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Tracy-boy-recounts-tale-of-torture-captivity-3229211.php It was in the newspapers and TV all over California, but I am not sure if this made nationwide news.

I thought that the Tracy horror would be the worst case of child torture that I would ever hear. This Turpin case is far worse.

I keep seeing the age disparity being mentioned.. Actually, if numbers that have been presented are accurate, LT and DT have 6 years and 7 months age difference. Not ten years, or eleven as suggested by '27 or 28yo'.
DT was 23 yrs 4 mos, and LT was 16 yrs 9 mos when they married 2-11-85.

Currently DT is 56, and LT is 49.

(I am sensitive to the age thing.. My late husband was 17 years older than me. We were together happily for 24 years. I have never thought that someone would think about us what you are suggesting about them based on age difference, Perhaps they did and I never knew it.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think a lot of people just didn't want to argue the point and be told we were making excuses for child molesters or something. I know A LOT of people from the 80s who began dating twenty something guys when they were 16, got married, had kids, are still married, and there was nothing nefarious about it. It's frowned on NOW, but even in the 90s this was acceptable. In the 80s, it was downright normal in my area.

So no, I don't think many people in the real world really do look at your relationship like that. I think these threads sometimes get carried away with people making sweeping statements that are only possibly true in circumstances where there are other factors.

I'm don't think this aspect of their relationship would have raised any red flags in the 80s. Other aspects, yes, but not that.

My opinion.

If, for some reason, one of the older survivors requested to see LT and or DT, would this have to be with an attorney present also?

I would think that a no contact order, on their parents, would negate them being able to see their parents, even with a lawyer present, for each side. A young lady lived with us for a bit and her father had a no contact order when he was released from prison. She managed to get his phone number, and he hung up as soon as he heard her voice. There's a lot of conflicting emotions, in survivors of abuse cases.

There are more pictures in the Daily Mail. In one of the captions, it is reported that the attorney for DT demanded that the video cameras not picture the shackles (so the Daily Mail took a picture and posted it). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5309459/House-horrors-couple-ordered-away-children.html

I also just read where the children were never given access to watch any TV or listen to the radio. I am not sure how far this goes back, but it sounds like it goes all the way back to at least when they moved to California in 2010.

Does anyone remember the case in Tracy CA of a young boy held captive in shackles, starved, and beaten in a fireplace for over a year who escaped by jumping over a wall and going to a nearby fitness center? He used a trampoline to escape and jump over an 8 foot sound wall - http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Tracy-boy-recounts-tale-of-torture-captivity-3229211.php It was in the newspapers and TV all over California, but I am not sure if this made nationwide news.

I thought that the Tracy horror would be the worst case of child torture that I would ever hear. This Turpin case is far worse.

Her evil smile makes my skin crawl.

We can all say what we want about the DM (myself included) but they do tend to get a lot of pics and info that other news sites either don’t have or choose not to publish.

I find it interesting that there are 4 LE officers that appear to be guarding them in this photo in the link below.

The first court appearance the other day DT looked to be tightly shackled around the waiste and combined now with this photo of the 4 officers I have to wonder if DT has been acting up on LE. Maybe throwing tantrums and trying to get away.

All speculation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/da-seeks-bar-parents-contacting-13-kids-captive-52571131

http://abc7.com/prosecutors-seek-order-to-stop-perris-couple-from-having-contact-with-kids/2983342/

In this video... does this look like pieces of a crib / headboard / baseboards ?

5211b47751d6d74631dd7f62efbba85e.jpg
ad6aba800102d17b6e1e9496415dad79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought was that these are part of a bed frame or several bed frames. Not the headboard portion but the part that runs along the side of the bed.

After today's photos, it may be just a matter of time before her attorney has her wearing a nice pair of large glasses to attempt to mask her crazy-as-a-loon expressions while she's in court.

I had to skip several 100’s pages to get caught up but I was curious if anyone had any additional info about the move to Oklahoma? Did they have housing arranged for their move? Were they planning to sell the Perris house or just let it foreclose? I just heard about the move in one of the recently posted links about today’s hearing.

He's smart, but he got outsmarted by a 17 y/o child. I'm sure he's p*ssed.

This begs the question, did either of them know what they did to their children? Oh yes they did, over and over... But now he knows it's over. Imo. He knows his life is over.

Yes, he might be brainy and got taken by a daddy's girl type, but she is stuck in some kind of daddy's princess loop... It's in every picture of her.

How this transpired into unimaginable cruelty might be found in a combo Greek tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member