CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to his arrest, was DT currently working?

I read he was an engineer with two contractors, but am confused if he stopped working to be the "headmaster" of the school or did the 9-5 at a job.

Haven't heard a peep from any employer or colleagues of DT.

Another question, were they renting or did they own that house. I ask because of the bankruptcy. How the heck did they move from Texas with a bk and buy a house in California?

My first thought was that these are part of a bed frame or several bed frames. Not the headboard portion but the part that runs along the side of the bed.

Wonder why aren't wrapped in paper? Seems any evidence on them could get contaminated, no gloves either and placing in back seat. Yikes!!

To those who are expressing skepticism - I respect that there is a legal requirement to presume that someone is innocent until proven guilty. However, that doesn't mean that those of us not on the jury have to turn off our brains and refuse to make logical conclusions based on evidence presented -- including a logical assessment of what is and isn't credible.

I actually agree with you that there may well be some claims being thrown out that aren't accurate, especially claims coming from assorted neighbors/classmates/relatives. But in order to "reserve judgement" on the fundamental issue of this being a horrific case of abuse, we'd have to presume a massive conspiracy on the part of LE, a medical team, and assorted witnesses, probably including some of the kids. And to what end? There simply isn't any motivation for all of these people to be fabricating evidence wholesale.

So we have:

- LE responding to a 17 year old claiming terrible abuse.
-LE showing up and reportedly finding three children in chains.
-Medical officials reporting that the children were dangerously malnourished and both physically and developmentally well behind age level.
-Continuing reports that the children are confirming and elaborating on the abuse
-Multiple stories from neighbors and classmates that would support the notion that something was very off in the home.

So, I wouldn't say, at this point, that we "know" that all the neighbors stories are true, or even that every specific claim that is being reported as coming from the kids is accurate. But I say again that we do know -- to the extent that we can "know" much of anything we didn't see with our own two eyes -- that there were chained, malnourished, and emotionally stunted children and adults living in that house, because the alternative is to get into conspiracy theory territory.

I'm not doubting that the kids are malnourished, have been shackled to sit in filth, have been physically and emotionally abused, and have sadistic, horrible, (and possibly one insane), parents. I just don't buy all of the neighbor stories. I can still remember the stench, within 10' of the front door of a home that was probably not 1/10th of what these homes have been described, the owner's clothing smelled of it when you talked to them, outside the home. CPS was called when it was no longer just them, the two adults, choosing to live that way.

There was a local instance of what I'd call animal hoarding, and they'd gotten elderly and sick and couldn't take care of all of their pets. The neighbors smelled the odor from the yard, and made a call. The elderly residents , as a result, ended up in a nice assisted living apt., and the pets were found homes. The home was just beyond belief. They were well-to-do members of the community, and had always helped financially with the animal shelter, but they got overwhelmed as they aged.

I just can't see how all of these folks who got up close to them couldn't smell something or notice the limp greasy hair from no bathing. I can still remember the odor of the kid who sat in front of me in class, and that's over 40 years ago. Yet, these neighbors said they talked to the Ts, their homes were barely 10' apart, they went to the door and sold them cookies, but never noticed a smell. I don't buy that they never noticed that smell. All the balloons and stuffed animals on that lawn won't make me believe they didn't notice the smell.

Then again, it's kinda like folks being interviewed after a serial killer is caught, next door. He was a quiet man, kept to himself. There was that one time, he was chasing a young man, down the street, in his underwear, but we thought it was just a lover's quarrel...

I'm not doubting that the kids are malnourished, have been shackled to sit in filth, have been physically and emotionally abused, and have sadistic, horrible, (and possibly one insane), parents. I just don't buy all of the neighbor stories. I can still remember the stench, within 10' of the front door of a home that was probably not 1/10th of what these homes have been described, the owner's clothing smelled of it when you talked to them, outside the home. CPS was called when it was no longer just them, the two adults, choosing to live that way.

There was a local instance of what I'd call animal hoarding, and they'd gotten elderly and sick and couldn't take care of all of their pets. The neighbors smelled the odor from the yard, and made a call. The elderly residents , as a result, ended up in a nice assisted living apt., and the pets were found homes. The home was just beyond belief. They were well-to-do members of the community, and had always helped financially with the animal shelter, but they got overwhelmed as they aged.

I just can't see how all of these folks who got up close to them couldn't smell something or notice the limp greasy hair from no bathing. I can still remember the odor of the kid who sat in front of me in class, and that's over 40 years ago. Yet, these neighbors said they talked to the Ts, their homes were barely 10' apart, they went to the door and sold them cookies, but never noticed a smell. I don't buy that they never noticed that smell. All the balloons and stuffed animals on that lawn won't make me believe they didn't notice the smell.

Then again, it's kinda like folks being interviewed after a serial killer is caught, next door. He was a quiet man, kept to himself. There was that one time, he was chasing a young man, down the street, in his underwear, but we thought it was just a lover's quarrel...
I can tell you that I have been in hoarder houses that were covered in hundreds of piles of dog poop, to the point that there was nowhere to step, and we couldn't smell it from outside. Same with the house full of cat urine, even though once inside, our own clothes reeked of it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agree, Especially if only allowed to shower once a year, in California? Or Texas either for that matter. But these charges are CA.

Eta, curious if trash was picked up routinely? I mean put out. The neighbors surveillance should show if put out regularly. Or taken off in bags. Been there since 2014, 15 people, should be tons inside if not but out. Doesn't seem like hid fact of his many children when spoke to others. That should be something make anyone go hmm . Jmho

I can tell you that I have been in hoarder houses that were covered in hundreds of piles of dog poop, to the point that there was nowhere to step, and we couldn't smell it from outside. Same with the house full of cat urine, even though once inside, our own clothes reeked of it.

I could smell it outside. It was overwhelming. When they opened the door, my stomach lurched. The neighbors of the well-to-do couple had cats. Bunches of them. The neighbors noticed the odor. Idk. Maybe I've got a sensitive nose. I just think the neighbors want to make themselves feel better.

There was a case in my own town that happened a little over 20 years ago. The kid's name was Wesley and he lived with his mother, stepfather, and siblings right on Main Street. His step-dad was even magistrate for awhile (or something big, I can't quite remember). Wesley had attended school for most of his life, had a lot of friends, etc. but suddenly, at the age of 12, he just kind of disappeared. At 14 he showed up at his friend's house, covered in bruises (and with a few broken bones). For the past 18 months he'd been chained to the toilet in the family's bathroom. He was beaten and starved and emotionally abused. They family had gotten away with it by telling people that he'd moved in with his dad in another town.

This happened on Main Street. Wesley could see our court house from the bathroom window.

Twenty-one years later and my town is STILL trying to recover from the awful crime. He was a sweet boy, very polite. I didn't go to school with him but I lived 6 doors down from his house and the pool hall his step dad owned. (I attended the school where my mother taught, but he and I were the same age. I knew him by sight.) In hindsight our citizens could piece things together and think, yeah, that doesn't seem right. At the time, however, we were all floored.

Wesley made the talk show rounds with Dave Pelzer there for a while. Montel had him on at least twice. After years of therapy, and living in a facility where he got mental healthcare, he is now an adult with a family of his own. I don't live in his head so I can't say how "well" he is doing, but from the outside it appears that he was able to make a life for himself.

I have hope for these kids. In Wesley's case, the abuse escalated quickly. He went from a kid who was heavily involved in school and extracurricular activities to one who wasn't allowed to leave the house and as abused. His mother wouldn't even use his name.

ETA: The step-father is out of jail now. No kidding, he is running for our state senate. Welcome to my state.

I could smell it outside. It was overwhelming. When they opened the door, my stomach lurched. The neighbors of the well-to-do couple had cats. Bunches of them. The neighbors noticed the odor. Idk. Maybe I've got a sensitive nose. I just think the neighbors want to make themselves feel better.
Maybe, but I'm just saying it's possible. Neither of the two calls I'm talking about had any reports of odor. And no one, not even LE (who are the BIGGEST wimps when it comes to hoarder houses - LOL - really big babies IME), noticed a smell until we were in. (Then the cops whipped out their masks and gloves, while we went to work without, because if you look freaky you aren't going to gain the trust of scared animals.)

I really wonder if she understands the gravity of the situation, or thinks the defense lawyer is some kind of knight in shining armor? It's very bizarre...

In articles about this case LT was initially described as 'perplexed' that law enforcement came into her house last Sunday. When she was arrested and taken off to jail, it's reported she spat on the ground.

In the first hearing last Thursday, she was laughing and smiling as if that hear was some sort of social event.

Then in today's hearing, she learns that she's not to have any contact with any of her children for 3 years and her reaction is to smile adoringly at her attorney.

It's as if she thinks this is about someone else, not her.

The girl who escaped had photos. Do we know if those were on the phone? If they were, it just occurred to me she didn't have to take them all at once. For all we know, she has photos taken at various times over the past two years. Maybe she tried to document as many cases of abuse as possible?

Wonder why aren't wrapped in paper? Seems any evidence on them could get contaminated, no gloves either and placing in back seat. Yikes!!

They were probably processed inside the house. My guess is the prosecution wants these items for a trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, Especially if only allowed to shower once a year, in California? Or Texas either for that matter. But these charges are CA.

Eta, curious if trash was picked up routinely? I mean put out. The neighbors surveillance should show if put out regularly. Or taken off in bags. Been there since 2014, 15 people, should be tons inside if not but out. Doesn't seem like hid fact of his many children when spoke to others. That should be something make anyone go hmm . Jmho

I think they were trash hoarders. No one noticed and now they feel bad and are telling everyone how normal they seemed. I know a family, who has known my family for years. They have a path, through a two story home that, winds through the home, nearly 3' high. To see the outside, you see a beautiful brick home with an impeccable lawn. Upper middle class folks, but the one paent began hoarding at one point about 50 years ago and the other parent just gave up. All the kids are adults and have left home, and the parents won't let them visit anymore unless it is summer and they can sit outside. They aren't trash hoarders or animal hoarders. It's items. Just things the one likes, and picks up at yard sales, and newspapers too, for some odd reason.

Oh God! A combo of Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony. Give me strength. 

They are exactly the same - psychopaths. They have 'crazy eyes'.

I don't think DT has crazy eyes, he looks like he completely understands that he is in very deep doo doo. He is aware that what they have done is criminal. She doesn't get it yet. This is all an adventure for her.

And I don't think her attorney was looking at her adoringly, he was just smiling at her because lawyers are nice to their clients, no matter how despicable the client's crimes or personality may be.

Neither of them even batted an eye when they were told that they would have NO contact with any of their children for at least 3 years. They can't see them, talk to them, touch them, write to them, know where they live, know their contact numbers or be within 100 feet of them unless in a courtroom when the children testify. Blank stares, although LT was about to open her mouth, then just closed it.

She is smiling at her attorney. Because she is bat cr*p crazy. Meanwhile DT looks very uncomfortable, like he is about to burst out of his clothes, and very unhappy. He is taking this seriously, she is not.

This is really wearing on him, she does look cray cray.

The girl who escaped had photos. Do we know if those were on the phone? If they were, it just occurred to me she didn't have to take them all at once. For all we know, she has photos taken at various times over the past two years. Maybe she tried to document as many cases of abuse as possible?
Following your line of thought. She could have had a picture of each of the 12 shackled.

From Time article:

"Earlier this week, Louise Turpin’s half-brother, Billy Lambert, told several news organizations that she had aspired to have a reality television show focusing on their large family. But Hestrin said investigators have uncovered no evidence indicating the couple was seeking media attention or a show."

http://time.com/5117580/turpin-children-abuse-investigation/

I saw an article that mentioned Kate Plus 8 shortly after reading that show mentioned here. The article went so far as to say investigators found Kate Plus 8 DVDs in the collection. It made me want to go back and find the close up pics to see if the K's were shown to verify.

Regardless, LE appears to not believe the reality show idea.
I saw it and they had every complete season.

Ugh.. what state may I ask?

Assuming you're replying to me. :) Here's an article.

Teenager Finally Escapes Role as Stepfather's Whipping Boy
Abuse: Wesley was imprisoned in the bathroom for 18 months, beaten and blamed for happenstance. No one intervened.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/jul/27/news/mn-16711

Unfortunately, this seems to happen more regularly than we'd like. It makes me sick every single time. I just checked with some our mutual friends and it seems that he has a good-paying job now and just had this third child. He wound up getting a degree.

I'll say it again to be hopeful: I have hope for these kids. Being such a high profile case might work to their advantage because it will help ensure that they don't fall through the cracks, at least here in the beginning when their needs are so high. (I just hope the momentum doesn't slow down too quickly because they'll continue to have needs for a long time.)

They are exactly the same - psychopaths. They have 'crazy eyes'.

I don't think DT has crazy eyes, he looks like he completely understands that he is in very deep doo doo. He is aware that what they have done is criminal. She doesn't get it yet. This is all an adventure for her.

And I don't think her attorney was looking at her adoringly, he was just smiling at her because lawyers are nice to their clients, no matter how despicable the client's crimes or personality may be.

Neither of them even batted an eye when they were told that they would have NO contact with any of their children for at least 3 years. They can't see them, talk to them, touch them, write to them, know where they live, know their contact numbers or be within 100 feet of them unless in a courtroom when the children testify. Blank stares, although LT was about to open her mouth, then just closed it.
I read he has a court appointed attorney but she has an outside attorney. Did they hire an attorney for her, maybe used the house for collateral, because they know she is the main perpetrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member