Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

This is the search page

https://ucpi.sco.ca.gov/UCP/Default.aspx

I wouldn’t think there could be a time limit but I could be wrong. A quick google search keeps bringing up the amount of time a business has to turn it over to the state but I can’t find anything about how long the state has to hold it.

I think there is no expert in date for unclaimed property.

https://www.unclaimed.org/what/

The status of a claim can be checked at the link listed for California, though I don't thin we can check by name, only claim number.

I wonder if it possible for the detective handling Anna's case to subpoena the information on the claim from the state controllers office. https://www.sco.ca.gov/upd_msg.html

I have come across a very interesting Brody, this is NOT GB but it could be a family member, I have been researching him for the passed week or so.

From what I have found so far, this isn't GB's Father but he could possibly be an uncle. I will refer to him for the time being as JB as he is connected to a family tree on Ancestry. His looks are uncanny compared to GB, right down to the fedora and glasses. He was born in either Belarus or Russia in 1876 and died in Bronx NY in 1966.

JB's generation is the first to use the Brody name, his Father must have changed it from the original family name (which I have) when he moved to the US. JB arrived in the US prior to Nov 1898 when he married in NY. JB has at least 2 Uncles, one of which could be GB's Father, but there is no wife and children details for them.

I will try to post JB's pic below (if I can remember how to do it) and if people think the likeness is strong enough to GB, I will contact the Ancestry tree owner and see if he can provide any further info.

JB.PNG

The picture of JB is too small for me to make a comparison.

Yes, certainly there is a likeness. Amazing that you found this...I''m not sure what it means. Jan. 16 was 45 years since Anna disappeared, so it seems significant to me that you were working on this at that time.I appreciate it.
Below. 1st pic is JB. Pic's 2,3 and 4 are GB.

attachment.php

Yes, certainly there is a likeness. Amazing that you found this...I''m not sure what it means. Jan. 16 was 45 years since Anna disappeared, so it seems significant to me that you were working on this at that time.I appreciate it.

Hi Annasmom,

I am thinking that JB may be GB's uncle or cousin and he looked up to him, possibly GB's father never immigrated to the US but GB did. This could account for him "modelling" himself after JB, fedora, glasses, they even dress alike. I also think that GB may never have officially changed his surname from the original family name and that is why there are no records of him under George Brody. I am still following this up and have started a family tree for JB to see if I can locate a George under the original family name. I am going to contact the owner of the Ancestry tree I found JB in and see if he has any further info that may help to find GB.

As well as looking like GB, JB is described as short, slender, gray eyes and black hair.

I know it's not much to go on but at least it's a new angle on finding out who GB really is, chasing him under George Brody has not brought us any new info. for years. I will keep you up to date with anything I find out. If you want more details on JB, I am happy to PM you.

Yes, I did think of Anna on 16/01 and knew it was her 45th anniversary, hopefully it's a good omen :please:

Hi Annasmom,

I am thinking that JB may be GB's uncle or cousin and he looked up to him, possibly GB's father never immigrated to the US but GB did. This could account for him "modelling" himself after JB, fedora, glasses, they even dress alike. I also think that GB may never have officially changed his surname from the original family name and that is why there are no records of him under George Brody. I am still following this up and have started a family tree for JB to see if I can locate a George under the original family name. I am going to contact the owner of the Ancestry tree I found JB in and see if he has any further info that may help to find GB.

As well as looking like GB, JB is described as short, slender, gray eyes and black hair.

I know it's not much to go on but at least it's a new angle on finding out who GB really is, chasing him under George Brody has not brought us any new info. for years. I will keep you up to date with anything I find out. If you want more details on JB, I am happy to PM you.

Yes, I did think of Anna on 16/01 and knew it was her 45th anniversary, hopefully it's a good omen :please:

Definitely worth looking into this possibility. Please keep us posted.

I think there is no expert in date for unclaimed property.

https://www.unclaimed.org/what/

The status of a claim can be checked at the link listed for California, though I don't thin we can check by name, only claim number.

I wonder if it possible for the detective handling Anna's case to subpoena the information on the claim from the state controllers office. https://www.sco.ca.gov/upd_msg.html

If you have a good lead or something you want to know about, please contact the detective on the case. They will help you get information. I know it's scary to call them but they really don't mind, they are happy when someone is working and getting something on a cold case, a lead, a direction. I haven't been here in a while, but I have been working cold cases in FL in my county, and I do work with lots of cold case detectives, and they do appreciate any help or new leads in a case. Make friends, because the squeaky wheel does get attention.

Def see the resemblance in gave me goose bumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a good lead or something you want to know about, please contact the detective on the case. They will help you get information. I know it's scary to call them but they really don't mind, they are happy when someone is working and getting something on a cold case, a lead, a direction. I haven't been here in a while, but I have been working cold cases in FL in my county, and I do work with lots of cold case detectives, and they do appreciate any help or new leads in a case. Make friends, because the squeaky wheel does get attention.

I've made lots of calls so I'm not afraid of making calls. I'm just not sure if a request to subpoena information on who might have claimed Brody's unclaimed property would be significant enough to warrant a call. That's were Dr.Doogie came in with bouncing ideas off each other, particularly for this case. I know Annas family wants to be cautious with our contacting LE......

....and on a LE note. I wonder if the detective currently working Annas case follows this forum. I know LE does follow some cases here at WS....

So, Annasmom, or others , what do you guys think about contacting LE of inquire about a possible relative of GB's claiming his unclaimed funds? I
don't even know if they could give us a name (probably not) or, if the would even be willing to do the research on whomever might have claimed GB's funds.

Thought?

I've made lots of calls so I'm not afraid of making calls. I'm just not sure if a request to subpoena information on who might have claimed Brody's unclaimed property would be significant enough to warrant a call. That's were Dr.Doogie came in with bouncing ideas off each other, particularly for this case. I know Annas family wants to be cautious with our contacting LE......

....and on a LE note. I wonder if the detective currently working Annas case follows this forum. I know LE does follow some cases here at WS....

So, Annasmom, or others , what do you guys think about contacting LE of inquire about a possible relative of GB's claiming his unclaimed funds? I
don't even know if they could give us a name (probably not) or, if the would even be willing to do the research on whomever might have claimed GB's funds.

Thought?

I think it would definitely be worth while trying to find out who, if anyone, has claimed GB's money and when. It may be worth a call to the administrators of the unclaimed funds to see if they are obliged to disclose who claimed the funds.

Possible thought of who was Brody.
George Hill born in FEB 3 1905 Denver Co.
Blue eyes brown hair 140 pounds.
From the WWII draft card E married Blanche HillNd had a son Steve who may have become a psychologist. In 1930 George was a laundry company truck driver and in 1940 a painter with UPA.
In 1958 he worked for the San Francisco telephone co.
He liked gambling. His first wife, my great grandma, was Carmen Rose Duncan (1907-1933) who passed away of tuberculosis. In 1930 he was a Driver for a laundry company, living at the address 2778 Pine Street, San Francisco, CA. In 1940 he was living alone at 137 Ellis Street, San Francisco, and he was a painter who worked with "U.P.A.". His father was born in Colorado, mother somewhere in the USA.
Now I know again this is a long shot. Some picture resemble GB, others not so much but we don’t know what he looked like as a young man.
Thanks,
SK

Attachments

• 02A3A704-5E6C-44B1-9507-69DE96DA201F.jpeg
    02A3A704-5E6C-44B1-9507-69DE96DA201F.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 14
  • 5B31C814-DDC9-4931-A202-2F1E3AD7D971.jpeg
    5B31C814-DDC9-4931-A202-2F1E3AD7D971.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 9B487816-E82F-460C-BA7B-9AB7590563E5.jpeg
    9B487816-E82F-460C-BA7B-9AB7590563E5.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 4B12B6A6-022E-4E83-8088-FEEB8685056A.jpeg
    4B12B6A6-022E-4E83-8088-FEEB8685056A.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 0351DC7B-576D-45E6-B433-E4F1B67529B5.jpeg
    0351DC7B-576D-45E6-B433-E4F1B67529B5.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 23027463-4DE2-46B4-A812-4754B6B1C622.jpeg
    23027463-4DE2-46B4-A812-4754B6B1C622.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 14
  • B3C9BC79-9CB7-4E7A-8D73-DEBFB9E0411B.jpeg
    B3C9BC79-9CB7-4E7A-8D73-DEBFB9E0411B.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 13
The above post was located on FB by George Hill’s great great grand daughter under Find Lost Family Members.
Her mother last saw him in 1974.

Didn't we already determine our GB was already using the Brody surname in 1958? I'm not really following how this GH might tie in with our GB.

I honestly cannot remember the date.
This GH is his real name, he hasn’t been seen since 74, thought I post it just in case.
Sorry for the post.

The discussion over unclaimed funds got me interested so I ran a check on George Brody and got 7 results in Cali.
Irvine CA $36 Allstate Premium
McKinleyville, CA less than $100 misc assets
San Diego $431.40 Baron Mut Funds
La Jolla $3943 checking acc't
Simi Valley in name of George and Norma Brody .44 portfolio credit
Simi Valley $1 credit Business Journals
Burbank in name of George W $145 Kaiser Health.

No dates but there are addresses so I don't know if or how to prove it's our George Brody.

Regards to the professional photograph of GB taken at Marguerite Kilroy Studios I located this obituary.
Marguerite H Kilroy
BIRTH unknown
DEATH 7 Aug 1972
BURIAL
Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery
Colma, San Mateo County, California, USA
PLOT G2 -54 --_
MEMORIAL ID 106514836 · View Source

Looks like Caroline Gorley, I could be wrong. Now if anyone can search Caroline as well there may or may not be a connection to GB.

Attachments

• 3507743A-B848-4E74-A438-774A2221E010.jpeg
    3507743A-B848-4E74-A438-774A2221E010.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 2

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads