GUILTY KY - Two killed, 14 injured in Marshall County HS shooting, 23 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

I do know the name of the shooter but I will not say at present. He is a juvenile.

Lots and lots of rumors are floating about, most of them are inaccurate.
What is known and is not in question, the student was bullied by his peers.

He had swatzikas on his instagtram.

From my experience people who flaunt those around are not typically well liked

But in these times...

I downloaded his entire IG and there is not one swatzika on it

I downloaded his entire IG and there is not one swatzika on it
I couldn't find his account, but the pictures I saw elsewhere do not include this, either.

I think it was likely fueled by an unhappy home situation and a lot of bullying.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well I'm certainly heartbroken for all the families effected by this horrible tragedy. I sincerely hope this brings attention to those who bully other students. Kids will poke fun at one another that's to be expected, but things can be taken too far. Do that and you can push someone over the edge and they'll retaliate in the most vicious and horrible manner.

TBH, I won't be surprised to hear there's domestic abuse in the home. That's pure speculation at this point.

I do know the name of the shooter but I will not say at present. He is a juvenile.

Lots and lots of rumors are floating about, most of them are inaccurate.
What is known and is not in question, the student was bullied by his peers.

Here's what I don't get: if my kid was being bullied and it kept on happening despite attempts to make it stop, why don't the parents pull their kid out of that school? You can't just keep hoping it's going to get better. If he was being bullied and he felt like no one was on his side, it's no wonder he started shooting people.

One Marshall County High School student took to Facebook to speak about the tragedy, saying: “It’s crazy how you go from laughing with your friends to hearing several gunshots back to back in the next hallway. No one knows what to do we all just look at each other waiting for someone else to say something.

https://crimeola.com/kentucky-high-school-shooting-update/

Where the world is going, How can a 15-year-old do this?

TBH, I won't be surprised to hear there's domestic abuse in the home. That's pure speculation at this point.

It wouldn't surprise me either. Or at a minimum, not a good home life in some way. Very very sad.

The accused juvenile's mom worked for a local online newspaper in the community. She reportedly was sent to cover the shooting as a reporter and did not know the full story until she arrived at the scene. The suspect's name has not been released through any official sources.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/us/kentucky-school-shooting/index.html
Bailey Holt's cell phone rang incessantly, but the 15-year-old didn't answer.

A mass shooting had just started at her Kentucky high school. Bailey's mother panicked at hearing the news and kept trying to reach her daughter, but to no avail.
Finally, Bailey called her mom back. It was one of the final acts of her young life.
"She called me, and all I could here was voices, chaos in the background," her mother Secret Holt told CNN affiliate WKRN. "She couldn't say anything, and I tried to call her name over and over and over, and she never responded." ....

attachment.php
Bailey Holt and Preston Cope

Attachments

• 552EB890-5A34-4EF4-8A59-7F9E6ECE2E7F.jpeg
    552EB890-5A34-4EF4-8A59-7F9E6ECE2E7F.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 152
The accused juvenile's mom worked for a local online newspaper in the community. She reportedly was sent to cover the shooting as a reporter and did not know the full story until she arrived at the scene. The suspect's name has not been released through any official sources.

Oh how awful.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/us/kentucky-school-shooting/index.html
Bailey Holt's cell phone rang incessantly, but the 15-year-old didn't answer.

A mass shooting had just started at her Kentucky high school. Bailey's mother panicked at hearing the news and kept trying to reach her daughter, but to no avail.
Finally, Bailey called her mom back. It was one of the final acts of her young life.
"She called me, and all I could here was voices, chaos in the background," her mother Secret Holt told CNN affiliate WKRN. "She couldn't say anything, and I tried to call her name over and over and over, and she never responded." ....

attachment.php
Bailey Holt and Preston Cope

I repeat the same words I posted in the post above:

Oh how awful.

One Marshall County High School student took to Facebook to speak about the tragedy, saying: “It’s crazy how you go from laughing with your friends to hearing several gunshots back to back in the next hallway. No one knows what to do we all just look at each other waiting for someone else to say something.

https://crimeola.com/kentucky-high-school-shooting-update/

Where the world is going, How can a 15-year-old do this?

Remember Columbine 20 years ago. It goes on and on and on and on ad infinitum.

Remember Columbine 20 years ago. It goes on and on and on and on ad infinitum.

I do remember! And I remember as a kid home from school one day and there was breaking news coverage of a school shooting. I was so scared, though it was several states away. It was what everyone talked about. Now....another day, another school shooting. Another bullied kid, another kid with access to guns, another school and town in distress, more families in pain.

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Here's what I don't get: if my kid was being bullied and it kept on happening despite attempts to make it stop, why don't the parents pull their kid out of that school? You can't just keep hoping it's going to get better. If he was being bullied and he felt like no one was on his side, it's no wonder he started shooting people.

I get what you’re saying, but the law requires kids go to school so you can’t just pull them out. Although, if my kid was being bullied and the school didn’t take action I would pull my kid out and I wouldn’t care if I was breaking the law or not.

I get what you’re saying, but the law requires kids go to school so you can’t just pull them out. Although, if my kid was being bullied and the school didn’t take action I would pull my kid out and I wouldn’t care if I was breaking the law or not.

Actually, the law requires a child be educated. That education does not need to happen in a school. Homeschooling is a legal option, should families want to leave the school. Just pointing that out.

Reports, apparently based on based on social media posts, that the suspect's father had died the previous day are incorrect. Birth father very much alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy
Back