CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is important to me may not be important to others, so discussion is welcome as long as we are able to be civil. I am open to listening even when it goes against my own conclusions.
JMO

I'm open as well. I do think the media bashing is out of place in this thread. IMO

Respectfully there are hundreds of journals, adults 29-18, minors 17-approx 7-9 if ages for younger are close (assumption from media thread/ media) homeschooling for how many years? No way we or they at time reported know what's in those. But we know at least one was advanced because of CC reports. Sadly this case so many victims no way to know who is being referenced on broad statements. Jmho

Kind of reminds me of the Larry Nasser sexual assault trial we just had here. 150+ young ladies testified to similar abuses. There is power in numbers. If this was just one child, or even three out of 13, it might not be getting this much atrention, but it sure has brought out the need for changes in many areas, and reporting suspected abuse. The main thing I learned from the Nasser trial .... believe the children. They may not describe everything in perfect detail, but we can put the pieces together.

and please, no one try to tell me the children all banded together to set the parents up. No way.

what is important to me may not be important to others, so discussion is welcome as long as we are able to be civil. I am open to listening even when it goes against my own conclusions.
JMO
Thank You as always Spellbound.
I shall add it’s also not our job to point out users or tell ppl what to post.

Was he in a degree program or simply taking classes? I wonder if a casual class attender needs an assessment

That is on the page for enrollment. Have no idea about his school other than college acknowledged his having attended, and that is link. More information at link I provided, but a photo ID us required. Per school official site.

So anyway....
I am concerned for their future and with who. I wish there was an adult that had a home out in the mountains with fresh air for them to relax in privacy and move forward with rebuilding their lives.

(Apologies for getting bent out of shape, my bad. I know better than this.)
It happens, and you're fine! This is a very emotional case. The individual child abuse cases are bad enough. But here we have the suffering compounded, multiplied by 13.

What happened would be overwhelming if there was only one victim. But there are 13. And typing out that statement from the charging document really was a punch in the gut to me all over again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

(Apologies for getting bent out of shape, my bad. I know better than this.)
Oh please I’m not perfect. You don’t answer to me that’s for sure, you know. I know you’re always trying to mean well with postings.

Kind of reminds me of the Larry Nasser sexual assault trial we just had here. 150+ young ladies testified to similar abuses. There is power in numbers. If this was just one child, or even three out of 13, it might not be getting this much atrention, but it sure has brought out the need for changes in many areas, and reporting suspected abuse. The main thing I learned from the Nasser trial .... believe the children. They may not describe everything in perfect detail, but we can put the pieces together.

and please, no one try to tell me the children all banded together to set the parents up. No way.
It's a wonder, really, that none of the older ones ended up committing murder to get it all to stop.

It's a wonder, really, that none of the older ones ended up committing murder to get it all to stop.

I had thought perhaps that may have happened had the female to male ratio been in reverse.

New People article

http://people.com/crime/turpin-siblings-house-of-horrors-learn-brush-teeth/

“I don’t think the kids even knew what a toothbrush was,” says Bobby Spiegel, president and CEO of the Corona Chamber of Commerce. “My understanding is the nurses had to teach the kids how to brush their teeth.”

The response from people wanting to give, both locally and internationally, is striking, he says. The chamber has received $70,000 so far in monetary donations.

"State Department of Education records show the family home has the same address as Sandcastle Day School, where David Turpin is listed as principal. In the 2016-17 school year it had an enrollment of six with one student in each of the fifth, sixth, eighth, ninth, 10th and 12th grades."
Source:www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/01...-abuse-starving-chaining-children/1034651001/

I found this interesting. I wonder what they were being taught...If anything. It could just be a ploy to get the school system off their backs.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

If convicted, each faces up to 94 years to life in prison.

New People article

“I don’t think the kids even knew what a toothbrush was,” says Bobby Spiegel, president and CEO of the Corona Chamber of Commerce. “My understanding is the nurses had to teach the kids how to brush their teeth.”

The response from people wanting to give, both locally and internationally, is striking, he says. The chamber has received $70,000 so far in monetary donations.

Yet mother herself had very nice teeth and an attractive smile in all the videos

This is an assumption I made: that there was a pie or pies present when all this went down. LE asked the children (who said they are "starving" <--the quotation marks are meant to quote the exact term we are told they used) about visible food in the house (pie or pies) and the kids explained the pie or pies was forbidden. I assumed this because I am guessing the first questions on the first days usually aren't about pie.
All depends on context. I haven't starved any of my children or grandchildren, but have not allowed them to eat stuff bought.jmho again goes to which told LEO and in what context. What if that particular individual was diabetic? I don't know nor do anyone else that I have heard. Jmho

The youngest of the 13 children, a 2-year-old, was not starved and thus was not included in the torture charges, Hestrin said.

The parents would buy food for themselves, including apple and pumpkin pies, and allow the children to see it but not eat it, the DA said.

"This is severe physical, emotional abuse," Hestrin said. "This is depraved conduct."
http://wnep.com/2018/01/18/californ...h-food-and-allowed-1-shower-per-year-da-says/

Yet mother herself had very nice teeth and an attractive smile in all the videos
There are probably all kinds of basic woman things the girls do not know about, either, that they have to be taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member