CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone really think that the Turpins had LEGITIMATE reasons for chaining ANY of these siblings up. It has not been suggested or even hinted at by medical professional s or LE that the children have these types of problems.
It has been said and witnessed that they were chained, and the siblings have said it was for punishment. Are we supposed to be doubting the victims accounts. I really don't think this is fair or realistic to think maybe there was a good reason for restraining them. I feel sick.
All MY OPINIONS

From my perspective, a big fat "NO". Having worked with people with disabilities for decades, my response is a huge 'NO". I work for an organisation whose role is to protect the rights of people with disabilities and I find the notion that they may have been chained up because of their disabilities as incredibly horrifying

Thank you to everyone who answered my question about the lewd act. I appreciate your patience!

"The chains are bad enough, but we also have to take that in context of everything else we've heard. If this were simply a story of parents being arrested for keeping a child in chains, it might be possible (although still not likely) that we were dealing with uneducated, desperate, possibly borderline intellectually disabled people who simply could not think of a better way of dealing with a violent, troubled child who posed a danger to himself and others."

How do you or anyone if us know as you stated as fact that "not close to the story here" Respectfully do you know something we don't know?

According to the media, people have indicated how well behaved, quiet and polite they were. They visited Disneyland without being tied up. The siblings seemed very compliant in the videos and weren't tied up.

From my perspective, a big fat "NO". Having worked with people with disabilities for decades, my response is a huge 'NO". I work for an organisation whose role is to protect the rights of people with disabilities and I find the notion that they may have been chained up because of their disabilities as incredibly horrifying
That's exactly what I thought too. Its kind of worrying that people would think of chaining someone up for any reason what so ever.
I'm glad to hear you look out for these people. Xx

There are more pictures in the Daily Mail. In one of the captions, it is reported that the attorney for DT demanded that the video cameras not picture the shackles (so the Daily Mail took a picture and posted it). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5309459/House-horrors-couple-ordered-away-children.html

I also just read where the children were never given access to watch any TV or listen to the radio. I am not sure how far this goes back, but it sounds like it goes all the way back to at least when they moved to California in 2010.

Does anyone remember the case in Tracy CA of a young boy held captive in shackles, starved, and beaten in a fireplace for over a year who escaped by jumping over a wall and going to a nearby fitness center? He used a trampoline to escape and jump over an 8 foot sound wall - http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Tracy-boy-recounts-tale-of-torture-captivity-3229211.php It was in the newspapers and TV all over California, but I am not sure if this made nationwide news.

I thought that the Tracy horror would be the worst case of child torture that I would ever hear. This Turpin case is far worse.

While this case is BAD.. Adrian Jones was horrific (he was eventually killed). Clayton Moss is another one that comes to mind, he survived was adopted by his great aunt and is doing pretty well.

All of these posts trying to justify the children's starvation and torture (genetic condition???), their being shackled and chained to beds for so called "safety" reasons, or trying to rationalize such cruelty through far fetched scenarios (i.e., maybe the parents did not let them eat pies because they were diabetic) seem to me to be complete nonsense.

In fact, this is reminding me of the Collingswood Boys where the NJ mother systematically starved and beat 4 of her children, yet she blamed some genetic condition or something like that in her defense. The only difference is that the 4 children were not shackled and hidden away, but other than that, the abhorrent treatment they received is basically almost identical to the Turpin case.

I'm quoting from the NY Times : http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/11/n...r-angry-son-faces-mother-who-starved-him.html
"You would make us eat pancake batter, dried-up grits and oatmeal, uncooked Cream of Wheat, and raw potatoes instead of cooked food," Mr. Jackson, now 21, told her and the crowded courtroom. "You didn't take us to any doctor's appointments. You wouldn't let us watch TV or play with our toys. You wouldn't let us take a shower when we were dirty."

If you look at what is in the Turpin case and google the Collingswood Boys or Collingswood Family, there are very many similarities.

Does anyone really think that the Turpins had LEGITIMATE reasons for chaining ANY of these siblings up. It has not been suggested or even hinted at by medical professional s or LE that the children have these types of problems.
It has been said and witnessed that they were chained, and the siblings have said it was for punishment. Are we supposed to be doubting the victims accounts. I really don't think this is fair or realistic to think maybe there was a good reason for restraining them. I feel sick.
All MY OPINIONS

BBM:

Absolutely not!! One or 3 or 13, it does not matter the number. It was wrong, and it was done for cruel/sadistic!! And that, my friends, is a fact reported by LE in the warrant. http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/media/Turpin Complaint.pdf

I’m sorry, but this is getting ridiculous. We disagree .... we have said our piece, we don’t have to beat it into the ground. Please.

Anyone found like that would be taken to hospital and get full check out. Being released that's a good sign.
What do you mean here? The children needed to be taken to hospital when they were rescued. The oldest girl was in a very poor state. Have you actually read the full story regarding this family? I am certain that you have missed crucial information when minimising their level of suffering in your statements.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

How do we know who the minor victim is?

ETA
I should really say which minor victim ...

It was discussed on the last thread.
The report mentioned (using the first 3 letters of the name) what minor child it was.

Are you serious? The public already knows there is an abundance of evidence including shackles, padlocks, filthy house, beds, medical expert witnesses, LE witnesses and the victim witnesses. The IQ of the parents is totally irrelevant because it is still a crime of extreme cruelty to the point of depravity.

I agree entirely. Also the fact that none of the adults felt that they were in a position to legitimately seek or garner help.

Sounds like she possibly removed just the provocative photos, not the whole MySpace page?

So what intrepid sleuther can find Louise's MySpace page???

https://www.google.com/amp/www.insi...husband-david-drove-her-sister-says-40073?amp

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I searched MySpace for the names; “Louise Turpin”, and then just the last name “Turpin” and also her maiden name, “Louise Robinette”, but couldn’t find any accounts associated to her or any of those names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A California hospital official tells PEOPLE it will be a long road to recovery for the 13 siblings who were allegedly held captive and tortured by their parents, who are both facing numerous counts of suspicion of torture and child endangerment.
“They have undergone a horrible period in their life,” says Mark Uffer, chief executive officer of Corona Regional Medical Center, where the seven adult Turpin children are now being treated.

He says their underdevelopment is more than likely a direct result of years of malnutrition.
“I have been a hospital administrator for a long time and I have been in healthcare since 1973 … I have never seen this,” Uffer says. “I can share with you that I have spent a fair amount of time with these kids … we call them kids but they are adults. It is heartbreaking to see this. It really hits home.”

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...uise-turpin-children-hospital-ceo-speaks/amp/

A lot more info at link about how they're doing and what they were doing in the hospital. Some stuff I was unaware of!

"Aside from nutritious food, the brothers and sisters are finally enjoying something else their aunt alleges they’ve been denied: television.
“They can watch TV and they are watching videos,” Uffer says. “We have a game system we brought in. We have people working with them — literally somebody with them 24 hours a day. "

Wow. They are watching television and playing video games? I hadn't heard that. I just hope they aren't watching the news. I think it would be horrifying to see your life unfold on the news. Maybe they are watching videos of Planet Earth. :)

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
RBBM, do you have link for this? Or is it just your opinion stated as a fact? "Except the Turpins lusted after inflicting pain on totally innocent and dependent children. "

See the charging document, which lists "with intent to cause cruel or extreme pain and suffering for sadistic purposes," which, I think, covers lusting after inflicting pain.
576d73155df88d112d300991c1c5bf70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks but don't see anything about lust in that count. Reason I asked for a link.

"Definition of lust. 1 obsolete. a : pleasure, delight. b : personal inclination : wish. 2 : usually intense or unbridled sexual desire : lasciviousness.
Lust | Definition of Lust by Merriam-Webster"to

"Unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner" "in the dark"

Arrived at 8:30a.m., per DA they slept all day ,so this would be their normal 'night' so why would they have lights on?

So did they provide any reason at all after the 'immediate' timeframe? How long after arriving did LEO place under arrest and remove -DT &LT? Was the report from LEO at home or Detective at the PD?

Does it matter if LE at the home or at the precinct reported that the parents couldn’t give a logical reason as to why several of their children were shackled to their beds?

Why nitpick the “in the dark” part of the statement? Even if it was bright and sunny they were shackled in their own waste in the foul smelling house.

Why is this being disputed? Some of the posts on here are WAY beyond playing devil’s advocate and straight up not believing statements from LE, the DA, the medical professionals and in essence the victims themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All MY OPINIONS

I'm pretty sure the only patients shackled in a hospital are those in police custody.

According to the media, people have indicated how well behaved, quiet and polite they were. They visited Disneyland without being tied up. The siblings seemed very compliant in the videos and weren't tied up.

Some chains are invisible. Perhaps, compliance was required to avoid punishments behind closed doors.

I definitely don't think we're dealing with cognitively impaired parents. Maybe one of them, we don't know enough yet. But I don't think both. I think the facade they were able to create goes to show this. And the trips, yes, show that as well.

My hope is that the adult children become gainfully employed, mentally stable, and take their sibling's into their own homes.

I agree. I think it will take some time, but it's a worthy goal to become independent and stable. Getting a job and being able to support themselves is a positive goal.

I'm not really seeing how any of this can be rationally explained away. Their children were being treated worse than prisoners. The evidence is visible in photos of the malnutrition. God only knows what has happened to them that isn't visible.

We haven't seen current photos. Again I am personally hoping not as bad. Bad enough but again there are possibilities for some. But don't know factually on anything.jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288