CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you have more than 100 counts of criminal, serial child abuse that should be a mandatory Federal death penalty.

Lock the monsters up. Remove psychologists, defense attorneys, parole boards, and other simpletons from the justice system. Lock the monsters up forever.

Anyone who suggests these monsters should be paroled should not only lose their degree in law or psychology, they should be banned from all court rooms forever and stripped of all financial assets, their wealth being redistributed to the families of the victims of their "clients."

Sounds like a great idea. BTW, the A&L thread is open again.

Ok great, thanks for letting me know, Jax49 :wave:

(O/T, for new members and guests (again, welcome!), in case you're wondering what we are talking about as far as "A&L", we are referring to the Feb.13, 2017 murders of Abigail Williams (13) and Liberty German (14) in Delphi, Indiana.

Links to FBI Wanted Poster:
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german

(*the above links also have the audio sample of suspect's voice recorded by one of the victims on her cellphone before she was murdered, as well as a photo of the dirtbag from the cellphone video she so bravely recorded. A suspect sketch has also been created.

Found Deceased IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...13-amp-Liberty-German-13-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-1
*there are only 70 something threads now and NO ARREST(S). The one year anniversary of their deaths is approaching.

:rose: :rose:)

Once you have more than 100 counts of criminal, serial child abuse that should be a mandatory Federal death penalty.

I'm spouting angry rhetoric stuff, because the nature of this crime is too incomprehensible. I don't even want to look. It's that bad. Looking into this crime would just break my heart again. I can't do it.

Honestly Gitana1, i agree with you. i want to know that they are coping and actually enjoying stuff. I really do think though, that some of this ****, doesn't need to come out. They are eventually going to google stuff (even if they've got new names) and some of the basics that are coming out, they will feel dreadful about. I'm not trying to pick any fights or anything, because people are desperate to know (or they will interpret or believe) that they are ok and healthy and happy from what they can see, or are told. There's an obvious morbid curiosity, i really do think that some people should do more protecting rather than yapping. I expect more from professionals.

I agree entirely, the shame is absolutely not theirs. Kids don't see that though, and i'm certain these children will all be conflicted about that.

These kids and aduts are going to need a boatload of money. Where I,live, someone posted a for a cat that died. The person raised $14,000 in a couple of days This cat story was not an international news event

The T family has not received nearly enough funds. The interest has to be kept up so more money will come in. The need is incredible and the funds from the govt are not anywhere sufficient

God, the thought of any of it turns my stomach. I want them to have the means to live their lives, get education, have safe places to live, etc., but I worry a lot about their possible exploitation. I hope they have good counsel as they attempt to move on.

The reality is that the govt is not going to provide much. They are going to need an incredible amount of money. I hope they can earn millions because they need it and it sure is not,going to come from the govt

Put me on a jury and I would give both parents immediate death penalties. I would also strip their defense attorneys of their law degrees for the temerity of minimizing the crimes against these victims if they even tried to pretend, to lie, to make like these sadistic monsters are not guilty. Not only would I strip them of their degrees, they would forfeit all their assets to a victim's defense fund. I am so done with paid liar defense attorneys.

The Collingswood boys, profiled here, and the horrific abuse that the Turpins put their own children for, is on here - http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/brave-brothers

Looking at what I said earlier, I had said that I thought the defense team in the Collingswood case used "genetic disorder" but in fact the mother's excuse for starving her children was that she said the children had an "eating disorder" (my bad). They were prisoners in their home except for outings to a church. A neighbor called 911 after he found one of them scouring the garbage for food. The children were so hungry they would sometimes eat the drywall in the house. How awful. There were no dental visits and their teeth were rotted out from lack of dental care and malnutrition.

I also think that these so-called 'happy' portraits of the big family seem to be very similar to the photos posted on Facebook on the Turpin web page.

I can't grasp how the Turpin children managed to spend day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, in such dismal conditions. I can't imagine their feelings of deep despair. I have no clue what kind of idiotic excuses the monsters' defense attorneys will come up with, but the bottom line is that I don't think a jury will fall for it.

Put me on a jury and I would give both parents immediate death penalties. I would also strip their defense attorneys of their law degrees for the temerity of minimizing the crimes against these victims if they even tried to pretend, to lie, to make like these sadistic monsters are not guilty. Not only would I strip them of their degrees, they would forfeit all their assets to a victim's defense fund. I am so done with paid liar defense attorneys.

That's way over the top IMO. These attorneys didn't ask for the job of representing these dopes---they were appointed. If they had a choice, I'm sure they would rather not, but it's a nasty job and someone has to do it because that's how the legal system works. Everyone is entitled to representation in court no matter what they've done. Don't blame any of this on the attorneys.

I have no idea how far behind I am. If this has already been discussed please ignore.

From the article in your post, I read this:

“Further investigation revealed several children shackled to their beds with chains and padlocks in dark and foul-smelling surroundings, but the parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner,” the release alleges.

So, more than 3 were shackled when Police arrived? The 3 initially mentioned were in the living room? These others appear to have been discovered in their bedrooms after further investigation.

This gives the ages of the three children who were shackled. I can't find the article right off hand but I read that the children were split up into three rooms. From what I've read though, it was these three who were shackled.

When deputies arrived at their home, the Turpins rushed to free two of their children — an 11-year-old and 13-year-old — from their chains as the deputies stood at the door, Hestrin said. Inside the house, they found a 22-year-old chained to a bed, he said.

http://time.com/5109576/david-louise-turpin-case-what-to-know/

These kids and aduts are going to need a boatload of money. Where I,live, someone posted a for a cat that died. The person raised $14,000 in a couple of days This cat story was not an international news event

The T family has not received nearly enough funds. The interest has to be kept up so more money will come in. The need is incredible and the funds from the govt are not anywhere sufficient

O/T Our 20 y.o. cat, who, we'd had since kittenhood, passed away this past September. I never thought about a Go Fund Me acct. We buried her by the flower garden, w/her food dish, and found a nice stone off the farm, and I played Wake Me Up When September Ends. It cost us a bit of sweat, and few tears. I don't mean to offend anyone but $14k, if folks don't like humans, could have gone to living animals.

I totally volunteer for this. And I'll take all 13. We'll have Thanksgiving dinner every day for 2 weeks, eat ice cream at bedtime, do arts and crafts, play with kittens, watch movies (maybe not Disney), and they can have as many bubble baths as they want.

Aww. This post made me tear up!

Another thing about them seeing doctors. Since they were not in public schools they could skate by without have their immunizations that schools require.

I really don't have a problem with children not seeing a dentist regularly. Many kids don't unless there is a problem. Just as many kids don;t see a doctor unless there is a real need.

I think we forget that some of these kids were in their 20's. To not have ever seen a dentist by age 29 is neglect.

Most children need to go to the dentist for teeth cleanings and cavities by the time they're in their teens at least. And to teach them oral hygiene- how to brush and floss- they give them that purple dye test to show them how to brush correctly.

And all 13, ages 2-29? None ever had a cavity? Wisdom tooth? Infection?

There's something I wanted to comment on, and the bolded part here seems relevant to me.

It's the thing about the eldest son reportedly telling LT outside the college that he wanted permission to be friends with another student, and LT's response was to say "whatever" and drive off, and then he never went to that class again.

It reminds me of the words that LT's father is reported to have used to her when she left home to get married at 16 to DT, something like "you've made your choice, you've chosen him, so...go and be with him".

I can imagine the son being told, through feelings as much as words, that he had to choose to be with LT and that had to be exclusive, you can't have a mom *and* have friends outside the house. It's emotional manipulation and emotional abuse, and we 'know' that must have been a huge part of their lives because even when the siblings had some small amount of apparent freedom or contact with people outside the nuclear family, they didn't tell anyone what was going on, it was ingrained in them to keep to the rules.

And from other perspectives, the eldest son apparently 'chose' someone who didn't have friends as the person he would like to be friends with. To me, I wonder if that's a little bit of human empathy coming out in him, that he'd seen someone else who seemed marginalized in the peer group and wanted to help both himself and the other person be eased from that marginalization through mutual friendship? Did he maybe even think to himself that he had 12 'friends' at home, yet this person didn't seem to have anyone? That could be a good sign for these young people's futures if they have this empathy for others inside them. Ironically, if the siblings are constantly watching out for the moods of their parents/captors, they might be quite sensitive to the moods of others. There's good and bad things about this level of empathy as I think it can contribute to depressive states, but the ability to empathize is a positive thing, and despite the forced segregation from 'outsiders' this might be a sign that they want to have friends outside the family and they want to be kind to other people, even if they're people who they're technically 'banned' from interacting with.

In the Krispy Kreme photo, there's a lot of thinking going on in that young man's head from the look on his face, far more than is apparent from the happy masks in the family group photos, I think he's assessing the situation, and again that's a skill those siblings probably 'had' to learn for survival inside the home. For all the life skills they might lack, these siblings might have very good skills in other areas, skills that might not be taught in schools or in a lot of homes the siblings might have had to develop for themselves.

There seems to be a significant percentage of people on these boards at WS who have had past traumas, and on the boards they're highly empathetic, thoughtful and caring individuals. It just shows that trauma will leave a lasting mark not only in negative ways but also it can leave positive things for a person, and part of the challenge, I think, is to find the positives and bring them out and utilize them, and I think that goes for everyone. We're not clones, whether it's math, cooking, people skills, we're all a bit better in one area than another, and too often we focus on our shortcomings--and the shortcomings of others--without looking for the positives.

Whoa!! That's all totally new info to me about trying to make a friend! Where did you find that info?

Children should see a dentist at about age four and should have regular cleanings . People do not realize how important dental care is.

While I understand your frustration, and I certainly hope that no jury takes any kind of pity on them, I am actually happy that we live in a country that can provide defense attorneys to those who need them and that we follow the "innocent until proven guilty" mantra (even if it doesn't always work out that way). The defense attorneys were appointed, they most likely didn't choose to take on this case. In addition, even though what these two people are accused of is vile, they are still entitled to a good defense and fair trial. If we strip those rights from the people we dislike then, eventually, it becomes stripped for all of us because then it becomes subjective. And one day we might need those rights ourselves.

Aww. This post made me tear up!

I think we forget that some of these kids were in their 20's. To not have ever seen a dentist by age 29 is neglect.

Most children need to go to the dentist for teeth cleanings and cavities by the time they're in their teens at least. And to teach them oral hygiene- how to brush and floss- they give them that purple dye test to show them how to brush correctly.

And all 13, ages 2-29? None ever had a cavity? Wisdom tooth? Infection?

Whoa!! That's all totally new info to me about trying to make a friend! Where did you find that info?

I haven't been going to most of the links, I've mostly been reading the snippets posted in these threads, so I hope a link for it will be in the media thread. It was reportedly said by another student taking classes with the eldest son who said they overheard this conversation where he asked LT if he could make friends with another student who seemed not to have any friends.

I was thinking that if the siblings had mostly been on restricted diets (to put it mildly) and never got treats of sugary foods, maybe there have been limited cavities?

But, wisdom teeth is a good point, lots of people have impacted wisdom teeth. And there are other childhood injuries that are normal in growing up, not associated with abuse. I was well looked after and had a bad burn at about 18 months old, then I trapped my fingers in a door when I was about 3 or 4, and both of these incidents required hospital treatment. Then I had things like measles, mumps, rubella, and I needed GP care for those things. Lots of kids break an arm or a leg while playing, or hit their head badly. How could all of the siblings avoid all these normal childhood accidents and illnesses?

We've heard that one child was treated for a dog bit, maybe there was more healthcare in the earlier years and it's just that the siblings have been more restricted in their movements/actions and physically chained too, to avoid many of these things like broken bones in later years. But you can't avoid things like impacted wisdom teeth, you either get them or you don't, and being smaller in stature than they probably would have turned out if not for malnutrition, wouldn't that make impaction more likely if their jaws grew too small for their wisdom teeth to fit in their mouths?

But then there's one sibling who looks like he's missed out on eye treatment. I am wondering if another of them has scoliosis. These things we can conjecture were ignored by LT and DT out of neglect, and I suppose a child crying with toothache or earache would be told to shut up instead of being given a tylenol and taken to a doctor?

I haven't been going to most of the links, I've mostly been reading the snippets posted in these threads, so I hope a link for it will be in the media thread. It was reportedly said by another student taking classes with the eldest son who said they overheard this conversation where he asked LT if he could make friends with another student who seemed not to have any friends.

Right. He was talking to another student (I believe it was a music class) and they went outside together where his mom was waiting by the van. He asked the mother, "This is ____. Can I be friends with her?" She replied, "Whatever" and they got in the van and left. He never returned to that class again.

There are a few articles with this in it, but the only one I can find right now is the Radar Online article and since it's a gossip rag I'm not sure if I should post the link or not.

I looked up all the private school affidavit info that Turpin filed with the state that are in the State's excel spreadsheets. It looks as though they kept changing the phone number of the school both for when it was the City Day School (classified as religious) to the Sandcastle Day School (classified as non religious) and there are quite a few phone numbers. When I search these phone numbers, I find they are all mobile phone numbers when I do a reverse phone number. I am betting that there were no land lines in any of the houses in California.

Also for some of the mobile numbers, a lot of random info comes up like his purchases of a number of automobiles such as a 2009 Ford Focus, 2011 Toyota Corolla, 2012 Ford Mustang, etc. I counted 4 different mobile numbers for these schools since it appeared on the 2010-2011 spreadsheet.

I would not be surprised if the 17 year old called on one of these deactivated phones.

I totally volunteer for this. And I'll take all 13. We'll have Thanksgiving dinner every day for 2 weeks, eat ice cream at bedtime, do arts and crafts, play with kittens, watch movies (maybe not Disney), and they can have as many bubble baths as they want.
ditto
I am for real ready to sell my expensive townhome on South Beach to go buy a big barn and farm house and do it.
Sighs I miss the country so much anyway!

However it works out I think the US can donate some serious cash and have a separate committee to oversee their funds. I don’t trust any thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288