CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says that "The Hill County Sheriff’s Office has no record of a child or young adult calling 911 to ask for help at the Hill County Road property. " so maybe she never got to make that call. Maybe she chickened out when she reached the phone or perhaps the neighbor didn't take her. It is weird, though. They have to investigate every call that's made, even if it's just a welfare check, so you'd think that they would've gone out there and see the shape of the house and things would've change.

Yes, or at least the neighbor would not have returned her to that house. I have no idea how it could have gone from her asking for a phone to her being taken back there.

Wondering how those young people are feeling right now. Some time has passed so initial euphoria/fear will have settled to something more stable. The youngest must be so confused and anxious.

A picture of a window with a star decoration on it was posted on an earlier thread. It was said that the picture showed that the screen had been cut out of that window and that is how the brave one escaped. Do we know for sure that that was the window from which she escaped? The portion of the screen that was supposedly cut looked like a perfect rectangle to me. I thought it looked more like a reflection of something than a cut. If anyone can find that picture and bring it forward, I'd appreciate it. TIA.

Wondering how those young people are feeling right now. Some time has passed so initial euphoria/fear will have settled to something more stable. The youngest must be so confused and anxious.

I keep bouncing in between euphoria, they don't have to worry if they are going to get beat and they can eat, and scared to death missing their parents and siblings.

A picture of a window with a star decoration on it was posted on an earlier thread. It was said that the picture showed that the screen had been cut out of that window and that is how the brave one escaped. Do we know for sure that that was the window from which she escaped? The portion of the screen that was supposedly cut looked like a perfect rectangle to me. I thought it looked more like a reflection of something than a cut. If anyone can find that picture and bring it forward, I'd appreciate it. TIA.

It is here but not as close up as the first picture I saw was. Its definitely cut.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 48343EB500000578-5276289-image-m-49_1516133064296.jpg
    48343EB500000578-5276289-image-m-49_1516133064296.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 350
Dr Phil: Monday, 1-29-18
‘Inside the California House of Horror’
386ac48c73789727cd7aef6be7a476c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great question and shows your sensitivity to their ongoing plight. My guess is they feel some relief but much confusion and fear and anxiety of what comes next. Remember these 'helpers' are all strangers. And trauma victims
generally (IME) are wary of people, in general. It will take time and kind support for them to come in from their
emotional prisons. Step by step, they will learn to trust again, but very slowly. Some may never trust again.
Some will hold in anger and not react for years to come. This is a very long road ahead for them to heal. Some may never heal. Children do not understand why they were so mistreated. They just know they were.
Helping them will be like peeling an onion.
but for some, the onion is rotten on the inside. They will each feel and react differently to their new surroundings.
But the real damage is inside and can't be seen.

Not to continue to beat a dead horse :deadhorse: , and while we couldn't imagine anyone accused of years of unspeakable child abuse and neglect to smile at a court hearing, some people smile because they're nervous. Some people smile to momentarily relieve stress. Maybe that's what LT was doing. Attorneys probably see it all the time. It didn't faze me or surprise me. Of course the media will point it out, however. It gives their story a hook.

Not to continue to beat a dead horse :deadhorse: , and while we couldn't imagine anyone accused of years of unspeakable child abuse and neglect to smile at a court hearing, some people smile because they're nervous. Some people smile to momentarily relieve stress. Maybe that's what LT was doing. Attorneys probably see it all the time. It didn't faze me or surprise me. Of course the media will point it out, however. It gives their story a hook.

And some people smile after all they have done because they have no conscience and are just a little crazy.

enelram - I came across a better photo of the bumps on DT’s face.
e6e611076e39ee5eda54250c13f8e24f.jpg

Thanks osu for the better close-up.

Could those be 'meth' bumps? I keep wondering if the parents were sowing some wild oats while experimenting with
'mind altering' drugs.
Some drugs will exascerbate violent tendencies, Meth and LSD come to mind.

Could those be 'meth' bumps? I keep wondering if the parents were sowing some wild oats while experimenting with
'mind altering' drugs.

Not sure, enelram. They could be and I wouldn’t be surprised if we were to hear that drugs were involved with these two.
On the other hand, the bumps could just be adult acne/clogged pores from bad hygiene and from eating junk food every day. [emoji35]

JMO

I have no clue what kind of idiotic excuses the monsters' defense attorneys will come up with, but the bottom line is that I don't think a jury will fall for it.

I have thought of this to! They are probably going to play the whole "we raised 13 children all on our own. No nanny's, no daycare, but by ourselves. And with keeping that many kids in line calls for some unorthodox parenting." I too doubt the jury will buy into that, but I feel they will emphasize the treatment was due to parenting that large number of children alone with no assistance. "I regret now we never got a nanny, maybe if we did this wouldn't have happened...We didn't let the children eat the pies because it wouldn't have been fair since there wasn't enough for all the children...They only bathed once a year to conserve water, they are very environmental..." Again, like you said, the jury likely won't buy it.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

'mind altering' drugs.

Those don't look like any meth bumps that I've ever seen. In my experience, meth users develop sores because they pick at their skin. They are also called "meth mites" because some people hallucinate on it. These look like internal abnormalities in the skin, not drug-induced lesions.

I can't grasp how the Turpin children managed to spend day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, in such dismal conditions. I can't imagine their feelings of deep despair. I have no clue what kind of idiotic excuses the monsters' defense attorneys will come up with, but the bottom line is that I don't think a jury will fall for it.

snipped

I think they will plea out. I can't see this matter going to trial with a dozen witnesses who lived through it.

I was thinking that if the siblings had mostly been on restricted diets (to put it mildly) and never got treats of sugary foods, maybe there have been limited cavities?

But, wisdom teeth is a good point, lots of people have impacted wisdom teeth. And there are other childhood injuries that are normal in growing up, not associated with abuse. I was well looked after and had a bad burn at about 18 months old, then I trapped my fingers in a door when I was about 3 or 4, and both of these incidents required hospital treatment. Then I had things like measles, mumps, rubella, and I needed GP care for those things. Lots of kids break an arm or a leg while playing, or hit their head badly. How could all of the siblings avoid all these normal childhood accidents and illnesses?

We've heard that one child was treated for a dog bit, maybe there was more healthcare in the earlier years and it's just that the siblings have been more restricted in their movements/actions and physically chained too, to avoid many of these things like broken bones in later years. But you can't avoid things like impacted wisdom teeth, you either get them or you don't, and being smaller in stature than they probably would have turned out if not for malnutrition, wouldn't that make impaction more likely if their jaws grew too small for their wisdom teeth to fit in their mouths?

But then there's one sibling who looks like he's missed out on eye treatment. I am wondering if another of them has scoliosis. These things we can conjecture were ignored by LT and DT out of neglect, and I suppose a child crying with toothache or earache would be told to shut up instead of being given a tylenol and taken to a doctor?
Another thing I've wondered about their lack of medical treatment is could you imagine if there was a contagious outbreak in that household? The measles, mumps, chickenpox, all the children would likely get it at once.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Those don't look like any meth bumps that I've ever seen. In my experience, meth users develop sores because they pick at their skin. They are also called "meth mites" because some people hallucinate on it. These look like internal abnormalities in the skin, not drug-induced lesions.

From what I've read, meth bumps start as small blisters and only turn into open sores if they are picked or scratched.

Also wanted to mentioned why I suspected meth:

We used to have a distant neighbor who was notorious for doing strange things in the middle of the night. Mowing his
lawn, outside hammering broken furniture were commonly seen at 3am in the dark w/ a small light.
In discussing this w/ another young neighbor he said this schedule is common for meth users as they get their
internal clocks messed up and when on speed or meth they have to use the excess energy regardless of actual time of day. We all suspected the kooky neighbor was dealing drugs with all the different cars coming and going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p