CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t appear to be that “steady”. See the pic below.

The screen cut looked way too perfect to me, as well. I DO think that is how she escaped, but it looks like it would have taken time, a decent tool, and a steady hand to make that cut. And it would have had to be done shortly before she escaped through it, because it was highly visible from the outside of the house, and would have been obvious if anyone opened the bedroom door and peeked in. JMO

a26eaf01be4263e0de864b325455f2cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's go ahead and :bump:

In this photo, I green boxed the hands of two of the survivors because of the very long overgrown fingernails on the one (found chained on arrest & rescue day) compared to the other (allowed to take some CC courses).

Osu, where are you? whistle, whistle. Can you get us an enlarged version of the hands in the photo? TIA.

Regarding finances, won't they be able to sue their parents once they are convicted? I doubt there will be much but whatever was in DT's 401k, any annuities, proceeds of the sale of the house (if any), possible future inheritance DT may get when his parents pass?

I know the house is trashed, but if the damage isn't structural that can be fixed and if not, depending on when they bought they may have equity anyway depending on the market.

It won't be enough, but whatever they have should go to the kids and if they don't do it voluntarily I'd think this would be a fairly cut and dried win, but ianal.

a26eaf01be4263e0de864b325455f2cc.jpg

Even if it was cut neatly, which it is clearly not, it would have only taken seconds to cut it.

How we can help victims of child abuse, neglect

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...d-utbg-child-abuse-perris-20180125-story.html

"There is one way that ordinary men and women can have a positive impact on children who have suffered abuse or neglect and end up in foster care: to become a Court Appointed Special Advocate, or “CASA.” This volunteer is recruited, trained, and supervised by a professional nonprofit CASA organization...They become the lifeline and the anchor for these children — the one adult who can be counted on to show up, to be at the child’s side and to speak up in court for the child’s best interests."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just found this, from an author and psychotherapist who was held in captivity until she was 18.

‘Like the Turpin children, my parents held me captive for 18 years.’

"We have all been haunted by a question: How could such a thing take place in plain sight? I know how, because it happened to me."

By MAUDE JULIEN

"The Turpin children have been under the control of an ogre (or two) for a very long time. Unlike children who have learned models of conflict and rebellion, and who can imagine how to fight back, a child who has only known submission in a restricted world feels unable to act. They have no existence of their own and thus can be chained up and mistreated without rebelling. They appear to be soft-spoken and well mannered, while within they are experiencing psychic torture and disfigurement."

https://www.************.au/turpin-family-case-maude-julien/

I’m in the UK and not familiar with these screens. What is the purpose of them and why can’t it just be moved out of the way like a curtain?

Also, I notice in the Disney/eeyore photo the older boy is wearing a wristwatch, I’m wondering why he would be given one? Has this been discussed already? I’m getting lost in these fast moving threads

Someone (RSD perhaps?) posted a Michigan, iirc, public service type of announcement for service/repair workers to watch for signs of human trafficking. I showed my other half, who does work in existing homes.

Can someone post that again? I will try to dig and find it, too.

I’m in the UK and not familiar with these screens. What is the purpose of them and why can’t it just be moved out of the way like a curtain?

Also, I notice in the Disney/eeyore photo the older boy is wearing a wristwatch, I’m wondering why he would be given one? Has this been discussed already? I’m getting lost in these fast moving threads

This made me laugh - the whole curtain thing.

Screens are attached to a frame, much like the glass is attached to a frame in a window, except that these screened frames are very lightweight. Typically, they can be popped out. However, that can be noisy and they tend to drop on the ground outside if no one is there to grab it. Plus, some people screw theirs in so that kids and pets don't fall out.

They are there so we can open our windows for fresh air but still keep mosquitoes and other bugs out.

The screens on windows are to keep bugs from entering when the glass window is opened.

Even if it was cut neatly, which it is clearly not, it would have only taken seconds to cut it.

While in my kitchen making cookies....I figured the screen cutter could have been a steak knife, a butcher knife, scissors,
razor blade, manicure scissors, hair cutting scissors, pruning shears, so lots of possibilities.

PS/ wish I could send the cookies to the "Lucky 13"

We have heard a lot about Louise and her troubled family past. But less about David. What do we know about his family background? I know that he was an engineer and has a brother, Randy who runs or ran a Christian School. Louise and he met at church.

Satch

While in my kitchen making cookies....I figured the screen cutter could have been a steak knife, a butcher knife, scissors,
razor blade, manicure scissors, hair cutting scissors, pruning shears, so lots of possibilities.

PS/ wish I could send the cookies to the "Lucky 13"
I will also add that, depending on the type of the screen, if there was even a finger space along the edge that was loosened, it could easily be ripped without a tool, and mostly in a straight line.

I know this because I have been fooling with a lot of screen out on my chicken yard runs. (Gnats can kill chickens, and I'm in an area where we have 6 weeks of gnat hell every year, so we've got to screen them in.)

We have heard a lot about Louise and her troubled family past. But less about David. What do we know about his family background? I know that he was an engineer and has a brother, Randy who runs or ran a Christian School. Louise and he met at church.

Satch
There are plenty of people who knew David and his family growing up who are talking on Facebook, but the media has only interviewed one that I've seen, and he didn't say much. To find out anything more, you basically have to sleuth on your own outside of MSM until they decide to cover it. Louise's family has been keeping them pretty busy, and I'd say MSM will lose interest in the story before they really investigate DT.

cache.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I know about model homes is that the developers have all the windows alarmed so that if you open them an alarm goes off. They have sensors on the windows. If the Turpin parents continued to have a security service, opening a window would have triggered an alarm.

I think that at some point more details of the escape will become public. Given it took 2 years of planning, it is possible the 17 year old had to make a tool herself to cut the screen. Because the Turpins had once used rope to tie up the children and then had moved to shackles and padlocks, I doubt the captive children and adults had access to any tools that could cut.

Also regarding the shackles and padlocks and chains, hopefully the law enforcement personnel can track down when the Turpins started purchasing these items. I hope they use credit cards. They may have bought this online and had handcuffs and leg irons and all sorts of awful materials. It is also possible that the Turpins had listening devices in all of the bedrooms that the children were kept prisoner in so that they overheard everything that was said.

From what I know about model homes is that the developers have all the windows alarmed so that if you open them an alarm goes off. They have sensors on the windows. If the Turpin parents continued to have a security service, opening a window would have triggered an alarm.

I think that at some point more details of the escape will become public. Given it took 2 years of planning, it is possible the 17 year old had to make a tool herself to cut the screen. Because the Turpins had once used rope to tie up the children and then had moved to shackles and padlocks, I doubt the captive children and adults had access to any tools that could cut.

Also regarding the shackles and padlocks and chains, hopefully the law enforcement personnel can track down when the Turpins started purchasing these items. I hope they use credit cards. They may have bought this online and had handcuffs and leg irons and all sorts of awful materials. It is also possible that the Turpins had listening devices in all of the bedrooms that the children were kept prisoner in so that they overheard everything that was said.
I suspect many of their purchases were on credit cards they never intended to pay.

If the windows were alarmed, though, she would have set the alarm off opening the window to get to the screen.

I suspect many of their purchases were on credit cards they never intended to pay.

If the windows were alarmed, though, she would have set the alarm off opening the window to get to the screen.

She could have removed the contact items and placed it close enough to the other contact so that the alarm would not go off. Also the Turpins might have canceled the alarm service so that no noise went off.

Since there were moving boxes found at the house, do you know those large tape rolls that are used to dispense moving tape used to seal the bottom and top of moving boxes? Those tape rolls usually have a pretty sharp serrated edge. I don't know how the 17 year old managed to cut the screen because some screens have some pretty tough metal and some screens are almost thread like material, but one idea I wondered is if she used the sharp serrated edge on moving tape.

She could have removed the contact items and placed it close enough to the other contact so that the alarm would not go off. Also the Turpins might have canceled the alarm service so that no noise went off.

Since there were moving boxes found at the house, do you know those large tape rolls that are used to dispense moving tape used to seal the bottom and top of moving boxes? Those tape rolls usually have a pretty sharp serrated edge. I don't know how the 17 year old managed to cut the screen because some screens have some pretty tough metal and some screens are almost thread like material, but one idea I wondered is if she used the sharp serrated edge on moving tape.
Smart idea! And it would work. I've bloodied my hands on those tape rolls before.

I really think that boxing things up for the move is what gave her opportunity to get the phone, charger, cutting tool, etc.

I'm surprised the monsters didn't nail the windows shut. Yes, one of the kids could have broken the glass to escape but that would have created too much noise and would have alerted the monsters. My bet is they did not nail the windows shut so they could use the screens to air out the stench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆