CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought....

I keep going over why it took two years of planning for the escape to happen, is there a chance that the brave girl that did escape was chained up for two years and as soon as she was released she took a chance? It might be far fetched but something that I keep coming back to. I hope that is not the case but I really wouldn't doubt it with these monsters.

No! Maybe for half a week in the height of summer but no need for screens here! I’m 40 min train ride from London but have lived all over the UK

(Moves to U.K.)

We have flying creatures. They get inside. A clean house with screens can't avoid them 100%. Maybe 98-99%. I can't imagine what casa del Turpin was like.

Just a thought....

I keep going over why it took two years of planning for the escape to happen, is there a chance that the brave girl that did escape was chained up for two years and as soon as she was released she took a chance? It might be far fetched but something that I keep coming back to. I hope that is not the case but I really wouldn't doubt it with these monsters.

That is exactly what I mentioned a while back. Also if she were the one who escaped a few years back, she would
have been labeled a 'troublemaker' by her parents. They would have been especially hard on her as punishment.
Probably why she said if they had caught her escaping this time, they would have killed her. Pretty strong words
coming from a daughter and I doubt she was exaggerating.

Also I think she was being forced into packing boxes for the move and thus had a bit of freedom.

I don't think it took much to cut the screen, and was probably much quieter than taking the screen off from the inside of the house. Whatever Hero did, she did a great job.

Yes. Maybe no one in her room was chained so she got some help. Her one sister who climbed out, but turned back probably helped her.

That is exactly what I mentioned a while back. Also if she were the one who escaped a few years back, she would
have been labeled a 'troublemaker' by her parents. They would have been especially hard on her as punishment.
Probably why she said if they had caught her escaping this time, they would have killed her. Pretty strong words

Do you mean in Texas? I think that was the oldest daughter, the one who went to school a few years and played with a neighbor girl.

Do you mean in Texas? I think that was the oldest daughter, the one who went to school a few years and played with a neighbor girl.

I don't recall reading that it was the older one, are you sure? Could have been and I missed it.

I wondered about that as it would seem the oldest girl would be far too weak

Seriously, I am now confused. Does the UK not have mosquitoes? I never paid attention to whether or not there were screens when I visited Ireland.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not like you get in other countries and it’s rarely that warm here. We might get a one week heat wave in the summer but we don’t really do extremes of temperature. That’s why most homes here don’t have air conditioning and the country grinds to a halt after 1cm of snow.

Seriously, I am now confused. Does the UK not have mosquitoes? I never paid attention to whether or not there were screens when I visited Ireland.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

no mosquitoes in Scotland, we do however have Midges ......

Smaller than mosquitoes but they still bite and there are usually swarms of them :scared: as far as I know they are usually out in the open. I've not heard of anyone having a midge problem in their homes, at least not enough to merit installing screens

An easy answer is she didn't know how to take a screen out. Or possibly her parents had somehow screwed them in. I would be surprised if the windows were not screwed shut. Many parents do that in their teens rooms to make sneaking out more difficult. Maybe she assumed if she had to use a screw driver to open the window that she needed a tool to cut the screen as well. I'm sure my 17 yr old wouldnt have known how to lift the tabs and remove a screen. Or maybe they thought it wouldn't be as readily seen if they woke up before LE arrived. Maybe with furniture placement or moving boxes it could easily be blocked from the inside.
If DT had installed alarms on windows and doors, maybe they figured out how to disable the window without it being noticed. They could have had a lot of time to themselves to figure stuff out.

When we built our home we purposely had sliding glass doors put in all bedrooms, including our young teens (boy and girl). We were thinking of egress in case of fire, etc., but also because it expanded the small rooms to include the deck. We trusted them and their ability to make sound decisions and they knew we did. They weren't perfect but they understood respect and trust went both ways.
I can't imagine nailing your child's windows shut. What kind of message does that send? I know many will disagree with me. That's fine. I'm not here to debate the issue.

If you click on this link, you can see the exact floor plan of the house that she escaped from. It is Residence One which is the model from the Sequoia at Monument Park from KB Homes

http://ifp.blufishdesign.com/ifp/plan.php?plan=34:00425444-150.2367

They had an extra garage bay up front, but if you look there are possibly two locked doors that could have been locked - one in the BR and one in the bathroom entrance outside of the front BR.

The components that are there include Motion Sensors as an option so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they had motion sensors galore. Given someone had escaped in Texas, I am sure the monsters had the place secured to the max.

Also if you 'drive' up and down street using Google Street View, you can see that other front windows have blinds in the other houses - in all the houses. If you look at this window, all you can see is that "star" with the extension cord and then it is black. It is possible that the window was boarded up with plywood or something.

We saw pictures of the other house where the window was boarded up in Texas. Also the investigators referred to darkened rooms. It is quite possible that all of the windows of the children's bedrooms were boarded up.

Also I think she was being forced into packing boxes for the move and thus had a bit of freedom.
Hero#1 who escaped was 17. So she was only 9 in 2010 when a girl escaped in TX. Maybe it was her but the one who escaped in TX asked how to get a driver's license and a job I think. Seems like it would have been an older girl but maybe not.
I don't know about you, but each picture I count down to try to figure out which is #8 (or #7 in photos before the birth of #13.) I sort of want to know, she's the one, although it must have been somewhat a group effort. I tend to think that instead of the one who took the harshest punishment that she may have had it easier so she was stronger from less beatings or a morsel more to eat. But I'm ok not knowing all that too.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet. I don't remember reading about the "circumstantial evidence" mentioned by the DA.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01...use-of-horrors-in-perris-family-torture-case/

Authorities have described the home as dark and foul-smelling.

“Circumstantial evidence in the house suggests that the victims were often not released from their chains to go to their bathroom,” District Attorney Mike Hestrin has said.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01...-texas-after-daughter-tried-to-call-for-help/

Here is an article about the girl who walked away from the house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-kids-says-family-left-kitten-dumpster.html

Here is an article about the Texas house and the neighbor who briefly befriended the three oldest children.

I guess i assumed it was the oldest daughter because she asked about getting a license and a job. Remember, this was 2010, so she would have been stronger then than when she was rescued. But, it could have been a different daughter.

I suppose it could have been the now-17 year-old. She could have been asking those questions knowing she had older sisters and brothers more of age to do those things. So, she could tell them what she learned.

But, there are several possibilities. I guess unless the kids tell us themselves, we won't know.

I wondered about that as it would seem the oldest girl would be far too weak

She would probably have been stronger then. But, in my post with links, I have to say it wasn't necessarily her.

Regarding finances, won't they be able to sue their parents once they are convicted? I doubt there will be much but whatever was in DT's 401k, any annuities, proceeds of the sale of the house (if any), possible future inheritance DT may get when his parents pass?

I know the house is trashed, but if the damage isn't structural that can be fixed and if not, depending on when they bought they may have equity anyway depending on the market.

It won't be enough, but whatever they have should go to the kids and if they don't do it voluntarily I'd think this would be a fairly cut and dried win, but ianal.

The Turpins only moved into the house in Perris in 2014. Although we don't know the amount of the down-payment, I think we can assume the house has a hefty mortgage on it. In most cases, if a mortgage payment isn't made a notice is sent out. At three months the mortgage company will likely send a strongly worded letter about being in arrears. At six months the lender is likely to foreclose.

BUT, I don't know what the law is in regards to a house where the grantees are arrested. Does the arrest of the grantees put the house in limbo until the court decides on the matter for which the grantees were arrested? Or, will the lender be able to go ahead and foreclose when there's no payment made after 6 months?

She would probably have been stronger then. But, in my post with links, I have to say it wasn't necessarily her.

I was referring to the other sib who left this time but turned back

I was referring to the other sib who left this time but turned back

Oh. Sorry. Let me see if I can figure out which one that was (or not).

I posted the info re the screens because they are so easy to remove unless they have a kind I am not familiar with.

I wonder if this is a room they normally were not allowed to be in.

I can believe they had the windows boarded, but in that neighborhood wouldn’t people notice? A boarded up window house would bring your property values down if you wanted to sell. I mean a neighbor who wanted to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021