VA - Jholie Moussa, 16, Fairfax County, 12 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

I don't know her personally, but . . . I'd like to rip him apart with my bare hands!

Nothing on the bring Jholie FB page other than lots of people praying it's not her. I'd like to know if this park was searched already.

WUSA9 is reporting on twitter that Fairfax PD "by law cannot ID the body found because it's a juvenile." So...

Peggy Fox too:

@PeggyTV 1 hour ago

Body of juvenile discovered in Woodlawn Park in 4800 block of Manor Drive in Alexandria area of Fairfax County. Because of new Virginia law prohibiting law-enforcement from identifying child crime victims @fairfaxpolice tell us they won’t be able to identify the person.

Peggy Fox too:

@PeggyTV 1 hour ago

Body of juvenile discovered in Woodlawn Park in 4800 block of Manor Drive in Alexandria area of Fairfax County. Because of new Virginia law prohibiting law-enforcement from identifying child crime victims @fairfaxpolice tell us they won’t be able to identify the person.

So, I guess we'll never know? Only in my state . . .

So, I guess we'll never know? Only in my state . . .

With the family's permission can it be confirmed or can the family publicly confirm.
Per crazy social media there is already rumor of it being her.

With the family's permission can it be confirmed or can the family publicly confirm.

Maybe the "translation" of the new Virginia law is that only the coroner can "officially" ID a juvenile? I don't know, but Virginia does have some weird ideas.

Constitutionally, the family couldn't be prevented from confirming. But I bet the law is more narrowly tailored than that tweets describe and there's just a requirement to inform family first or wait some reasonable period or get a court order or some particular agency is delegated the authority to make a public statement or something. In any event, I was more quoting those tweets for the information that it's a minor. The fact that police are at JM's house talking to her family, the park is less than 1 mile away AND the body is definitely a minor? That is some strongly suggestive circumstantial evidence that it's JM, unfortunately.

Constitutionally, the family couldn't be prevented from confirming. But I bet the law is more narrowly tailored than that tweets describe and there's just a requirement to inform family first or wait some reasonable period or get a court order or some particular agency is delegated the authority to make a public statement or something. In any event, I was more quoting those tweets for the information that it's a minor. The fact that police are at JM's house talking to her family, the park is less than 1 mile away AND the body is definitely a minor? That is some strongly suggestive circumstantial evidence that it's JM, unfortunately.

Agree

I agree. It is unfortunate, but at this time, I personally feel that she is not alive. We know that in these cases, the victim is usually killed within hours. It is better to get it over with than drag it out further and never find her, or find her much later. Harsh as that seems of me to say, but it is for the best considering the circumstances. (My opinion only)

Peggy Fox too:

@PeggyTV 1 hour ago

Virginia law requires written consent from next of kin before any information that identifies a minor who is the victim of a crime can he released by law enforcement.

https://www.facebook.com/WieseLawFirm/posts/1162277887235647

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288