CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the previous thread someone asked whether the children have been drug tested. It made me think of the Shannon Matthews case in the UK and the evidence of long term sedation. 13 sedated, terrified children would have been even easier for the parents to control IMO.

I looked and there is no HOA. The Star was hanging in the front window for over 2 years. They could have put a black back drop behind the Star, the boards behind the black back drop.

If anyone would have complained about this, since there is no HOA in the development then there would be a record of someone calling the city's code enforcement department and sending out "code enforcement" from the Planning Department of the city of Perris. Since most people in the general public do not even know California cities have "code enforcement officers" in the first place, then it would have to take a person to know that code enforcement officers exist to know to make the call.

Also as a private school, there are no fire inspections. The press that is reporting that fire inspections are required is incorrect. They may be getting confused with "Small Family Child Care Homes" which are allowed in residential neighborhoods throughout the state of California and which do require a fire inspection by the local fire department.
Can you provide a link stating they didn't need a fire inspection?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am having so many thoughts on this case! The emotional impact is stunning! I have some general questions:

1.) Do you think that there should be a trial? Or should a plea bargain be arranged to avoid a trial? In this case, the parents could plead guilty to the worst charges and probably be sent to prison for life. Remember right now, both have pleaded Not Guilty to everything. As much as I would love to hear the kids testify against their parents for what the children have gone through, I think a trial may be too traumatic for them.

2.) Do you think there WILL be a trial?

3.) Do you think the outcome of a trail will be guilty as charged? Not guilty by reason of insanity? or a hung jury?

Satch
For me, how I feel about a trial depends on what the older kids prefer. It's possible to go to trial on just a few of the worst charges on a few "kids" who are willing to testify and get them locked up for life.

Someone (RSD perhaps?) posted a Michigan, iirc, public service type of announcement for service/repair workers to watch for signs of human trafficking. I showed my other half, who does work in existing homes.

Can someone post that again? I will try to dig and find it, too.
I think this link wil take you there Zelda. Let me know if not.
https://vimeo.com/249411289/5ad0f677b2

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wondered about that as it would seem the oldest girl would be far too weak

I seem to remember it was the oldest girl who tried to escape while they lived in Texas. I recall something being said about the girl being about 16, hitching a ride with someone, and asking questions about 'how do you get a driver's license', 'how do you get a job', etc. If it was the oldest girl and she was about 16, it would have happened about 2003/2004, when she was probably a lot stronger.

Can you provide a link stating they didn't need a fire inspection?

The Education Code is the state statute that regulates private schools and the only ones that are actually regulated that are private are called NPSs (non public schools). Private home schools are not. See https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/ps/homeschool.asp for more details.

Also if you look at the Perris Municipal Code online, it refers to fire safety inspections (licensed care) required by the state. This involves any home that has licensed care that the Community Care Licensing Division regulates. Small family day care homes and large family day care homes require proof of a fire inspection in order to obtain a license from the State. Also inspectors from the state have drop in inspections on a regular basis to see if the regulations are being followed. The Perris municipal code is all on-line.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I noticed a couple of things in these pictures that I found curious. At this link:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01...use-of-horrors-in-perris-family-torture-case/

Pic 2/15 or pic 5/15 (I think is almost the same pic) shows what appears to be wooden bunk beds through the front window. Those wood slats look like the ones that were loaded in police vehicles and taken as evidence. Got me to thinking, were the children chained so close to their bed that they laid in their own waste on the top bunk dripping down to the bottom bunk? Or could they get down to the ground just not get out of the room?

Pic 7/15 shows an officer carrying a box that says "Everything Christian for Less".
(no words . . . . )

Got it

https://radaronline.com/videos/cali...pin-kid-college-classmate-mentally-disturbed/

It says it was an acapella class that ran at 8.30pm

If the link can be allowed I think it fits. I think another news source ran an interview with a schoolfriend of DT and said he took acapella? Or have I mis-remembered? And the time of the class being stated is interesting that it's an evening class.

Like anything we have to decide for ourselves how much of a media article can be believed, but it sounds reasonably believable to me when you add it to other things we've heard.
Can't adults take "courses" at college that require no school records at all?
Senior citizen computer courses for instance.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Does Disney/Disney Hotels or Las Vegas have any kind of child trafficking decals on the inside of the ladies bathroom stalls?
Call 1-800- *advertiser censored*-xxxx
Or 911 for help?
I've seen them at movie theaters and the mall.
Haven't been to Disney in 37 years. I believe I saw them at 6 flags in 1994.
MOO
ETA: what about billboards?
I'm thinking the child saw something like this and remembered it.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My screens lift out easily too, but the two tabs at the bottom of the frame are on the other side. It's so you can remove it to wash the outside of the windows. These tabs not only lift the frame up out of the slot, but also pulls up a little spring that holds them in place. Trying to remove/pry out the screen/frame from inside with the springs still in place results in scraped knuckles and a bent frame.

Interesting. I would think the opposite so an intruder cannot lift the screen from the outside. Mine came out inside, then the windows tilt into the house . Easy easy to wash from inside. No ladders needed on the outside. An advert here for the best windows and the best company that takes care of their employees. Marvin windows.

Anyway, so screens may have been more tricky for that house. Still, I wonder what precautions the “parents” had to protect from escape.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I noticed a couple of things in these pictures that I found curious. At this link:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01...use-of-horrors-in-perris-family-torture-case/

Pic 2/15 or pic 5/15 (I think is almost the same pic) shows what appears to be wooden bunk beds through the front window. Those wood slats look like the ones that were loaded in police vehicles and taken as evidence. Got me to thinking, were the children chained so close to their bed that they laid in their own waste on the top bunk dripping down to the bottom bunk? Or could they get down to the ground just not get out of the room?

Pic 7/15 shows an officer carrying a box that says "Everything Christian for Less".
(no words . . . . )

Shackles are Us. They would have to be handcuffed and leg cuffed?

Thinking about these monsters going to trial. What could they possibly use as a defense? Insanity? I can't think of any other defense that could possibly work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking about these monsters going to trial. What could they possibly use as a defense? Insanity? I can't think of any other defense that could possibly work.

Insanity is a very stringent plea. Almost impossible to get.

I'm surprised the monsters didn't nail the windows shut. Yes, one of the kids could have broken the glass to escape but that would have created too much noise and would have alerted the monsters. My bet is they did not nail the windows shut so they could use the screens to air out the stench.
I think they were very secure about their control of the victims.

I don't think that will fly. They both knew what they were doing needed to be hidden. They're just a couple of sadistic so and so's. But I don't think crazy under the eyes of the law.

(no words . . . . )

The wood tone seen through the open window does seem to be the same as whatever piece of furniture they dismantled and were carrying out. It could be bunk beds or something else. I have a feeling the children were shackled to beds in addition to other furniture as well.

I am having so many thoughts on this case! The emotional impact is stunning! I have some general questions:

1.) Do you think that there should be a trial? Or should a plea bargain be arranged to avoid a trial? In this case, the parents could plead guilty to the worst charges and probably be sent to prison for life. Remember right now, both have pleaded Not Guilty to everything. As much as I would love to hear the kids testify against their parents for what the children have gone through, I think a trial may be too traumatic for them.

2.) Do you think there WILL be a trial?

3.) Do you think the outcome of a trail will be guilty as charged? Not guilty by reason of insanity? or a hung jury?

Satch

I tend to think there will be a trial, but I suspect the defense is going to ask for a change of venue, as they often do in high-profile cases. That may take time. I think most southern California court rooms have a fairly full schedule already on their calendar, so it's going to be finding a court that can free up time on their calendar to accommodate the Turpin trial. They may have to go north to Kern County, or west to Ventura County or Santa Barbara County, or south to Imperial County. I know of one court house that is completely open and it would be an excellent choice.

As far as the parents are concerned.......I can't see them pleading guilty to some charges if the end result is still life in prison. I doubt they would do anything to spare the children from having to testify.

I think being a witness in a high profile trial is stressful for anyone, but so much more stressful for a victim. A trial will be traumatic for these victims as they seem so vulnerable. But, it's up to the victims to decide if they want to testify. Some may want to testify because it's a means of closure and having the courage to confront their torturers.

As far as outcome of the trial is concerned.............if it's proved that these 12 children were falsely imprisoned and tortured, and that malnourishment has left them with any long-term disability, I'm sure they'll get life in prison without parole. I can't see anything less than that.

I don't think DT and LT will qualify as insane. They knew what they were doing was wrong and made all sorts of attempts to hide it. When law enforcement was on their doorstep, banging on the door, they were attempting to undo the chains/padlocks from three of their children. They were able to get two free before the police entered. That shows they were well aware of how the police officers would view three children being held in chains/shackles. I'm sure these details are in the initial police reports. At trial, those police officers who were the first to enter the Turpin home, will be on the witness stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge