Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was googling trying to find out what's his religion, I came across this recent Globe & Mail article "Apotex CEO quits, former boss takes over, as drug maker reels from founder’s death" that states JD "is married to a woman who is or was an Apotex employee."

Fascinating Hazel, I know who I’ll bet on as being the whistleblower to Teva.
Wow Barry lent Desai and his wife over $3 million interest free to buy their house. I guess when your boss does that you do whatever he requires

While I was googling trying to find out what's his religion, I came across this recent Globe & Mail article "Apotex CEO quits, former boss takes over, as drug maker reels from founder’s death" that states JD "is married to a woman who is or was an Apotex employee."

Fascinating Hazel, I know who I’ll bet on as being the whistleblower to Teva.
Wow Barry lent Desai and his wife over $3 million interest free to buy their house. I guess when your boss does that you do whatever he requires

Wow you couldn't make this stuff up as it's so weird and intertwined with suspicion and intrigue. The couples' homes were only a 5 minute drive from each other.

Mrs Desai appears to be just as smart as her husband, perhaps they should have made her CEO.

I have heard that beating on the face is personal.

A few thoughts on the earring/s.

1. Honey got away (hence the injuries on her hands which may have occurred before her wrists were bound). She ran from the front door and they caught up with her at the entrance to the driveway where there was a struggle. For her earring to come out I'd say a hand was roughly put over her mouth from behind to stop her screaming. This would be easily proven by photographs at the crime scene and autopsy showing a missing earring.

2. Her earring became dislodged during the incident by the pool, maybe as her head was being put through the belt loop, and fell into her clothing or got caught in her hair. Then as she was being put inside a body bag it was hanging loosely and dropped off onto the gurney and dropped from the gurney as she was being transported to a vehicle. This would be easily proven by photographs as described in 1.

3. It's a stunt by the PI team. They know that police will be aware of what jewellery was in the house after 6 weeks of processing but they've bought new earrings that wouldn't have been in the house and dropped them there to say this is evidence of a burglary or police incompetence.

I don't think it would be 3 because the placement of the find would have to match up with movements in that spot on neighborhood cameras. It seems too brazen for the killers to leave out of the driveway where any passing cars and neighbours would spot them. And the crime is obviously not a burglary gone wrong, unless stealing was a crime of opportunity. I don't think the PIs would try and muddy the investigation like this, even though it's tempting to think they are annoyed. It seems too risky and they would lose all credibility while they are in the spotlight with this case.

How about this one - it's not hers. Complete red herring, unless there is more information. (Every time there's a thaw, I'm fascinated by the detritus that emerges.)

So it took approx. 42 days after the crime for LE to get around to interviewing FD? I’m glad solving this is case is such a priority for them...

How about this one - it's not hers. Complete red herring, unless there is more information. (Every time there's a thaw, I'm fascinated by the detritus that emerges.)

Certainly possible of course. But the street has been clear of snow and ice for a number of days now. How could they only be “discovered” yesterday, given the amount of foot traffic in the area?

BBM.
And oddly enough, two of the medications I take daily are made by both.
My BC is Teva and my Amitryptyline is Apotex.
Never thought one of the drug companies I get drugs from would be a case discussed on Websleauths.
Ha- so I had to check after reading your post, and both of my medications are manufactured by Teva. I agree, never in my life would I have thought we'd be discussing these companies in the way that we are.

I was on a break at work yesterday and took a quick peek at my phone for updates in the news. My normal reaction when I read that the Sherman’s deaths were ruled double murder would have been, “I knew it!”, since I hadn’t really accepted murder suicide. However, all I felt was sadness. I know it seems BS had a lot of enemies, but for someone to actually to have so much hatred towards him to either kill him or have him killed is very hard for me to take in right now. IMO, I believe HS was killed just because she was there.

I felt the same way. They had so much to live for, and it just filled me with sadness.

Ha- so I had to check after reading your post, and both of my medications are manufactured by Teva. I agree, never in my life would I have thought we'd be discussing these companies in the way that we are.

You must be in the U.S. Here every generic prescription has been APO something or other for me. If you don't have private insurance in Canada you are always perscribed a generic brand if that drug is available in generic form. A doctor will ask you if you have private insurance when he writes a script for you. I've never personally seen TEVO on a perscription. Maybe other Canadians have?

Earring matching...
I'm a big earring wearer myself and noticed that Honey tended to wear two similar sets in recent images before the murder. The earring found on Saturday by the cameramen matches one of the sets for sure. See pic I've attached with Honey in a black sweater. Sparkly bobble, black bobble, clear bobble.

BUT notice how in that pic each earring is different! The bead pattern and size changes!
So TPS and PIs will easily be able to confirm its the correct missing earring.

I did wonder if jewelry would be the reason for metal detectors, but honestly dismissed that as too needle in a haystack... My bad.

One last note: those earrings were very long and could've got tangled in a ligature or struggle. Some long earrings are only kinda fish hooked into the ear, not fastened. Ive had them fall out before. They can easily get caught on things after falling out - sometimes in unexpected places like my coat/scarf/bag. #justgirlygirlthoughts
1f08bcce38c45ecdcd96ca378f31b3ba.jpg
cpt111-the-canadian-press7.jpg

Hmmm I wonder who else resigned on Friday from Apotex?

Just an observation, and notice of a unusual business name.....

Apotex & JD's new employer EBS each have one board member (2 different people) also involved with SHERMCO????

Not much written about Shermco...FWIW.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/board.asp?privcapId=4211892

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/people.asp?privcapId=876873

You must be in the U.S. Here every generic prescription has been APO something or other for me. If you don't have private insurance in Canada you are always perscribed a generic brand if that drug is available in generic form. A doctor will ask you if you have private insurance when he writes a script for you. I've never personally seen TEVO on a perscription. Maybe other Canadians have?

Here in the U.S. I have insurance but am always given a generic unless I specify I want a name brand. My son picked up his med a couple months ago and it was Apotex, the following month it was Teva. Seems like it goes back and forth.

1. Honey got away (hence the injuries on her hands which may have occurred before her wrists were bound). She ran from the front door and they caught up with her at the entrance to the driveway where there was a struggle. For her earring to come out I'd say a hand was roughly put over her mouth from behind to stop her screaming. This would be easily proven by photographs at the crime scene and autopsy showing a missing earring.

2. Her earring became dislodged during the incident by the pool, maybe as her head was being put through the belt loop, and fell into her clothing or got caught in her hair. Then as she was being put inside a body bag it was hanging loosely and dropped off onto the gurney and dropped from the gurney as she was being transported to a vehicle. This would be easily proven by photographs as described in 1.

3. It's a stunt by the PI team. They know that police will be aware of what jewellery was in the house after 6 weeks of processing but they've bought new earrings that wouldn't have been in the house and dropped them there to say this is evidence of a burglary or police incompetence.

IMO if it were #3,it would taint the credibility of the PI team and I don't think they would take that risk. Plus they are former cops and I can't see them trying to smear current cops. I am sure they are about keeping the evidence as pristine and legit as possible. If it were ever found out that the crime scene was screwed with with fake evidence, it could destroy any criminal case for the cops when the culprit(s) is/are arrested.

Teva markets many drugs under the name Novo. Maybe check for that name

Earring matching...
I'm a big earring wearer myself and noticed that Honey tended to wear two similar sets in recent images before the murder. The earring found on Saturday by the cameramen matches one of the sets for sure. See pic I've attached with Honey in a black sweater. Sparkly bobble, black bobble, clear bobble.

BUT notice how in that pic each earring is different! The bead pattern and size changes!
So TPS and PIs will easily be able to confirm its the correct missing earring.

I did wonder if jewelry would be the reason for metal detectors, but honestly dismissed that as too needle in a haystack... My bad.

One last note: those earrings were very long and could've got tangled in a ligature or struggle. Some long earrings are only kinda fish hooked into the ear, not fastened. Ive had them fall out before. They can easily get caught on things after falling out - sometimes in unexpected places like my coat/scarf/bag. #justgirlygirlthoughts
1f08bcce38c45ecdcd96ca378f31b3ba.jpg
View attachment 129378

Except that the earing looks like a Stud with a possible white ball back. I've been wrong before.https://www.facebook.com/RossMcleanSec/photos/pcb.1125662737536638/1125660544203524/?type=3&theater

More info at link (subscribers only): https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rep...erman-founded-apotex-resigns/article37744169/

Alternative link: https://www.pressreader.com/canada/the-globe-and-mail-bc-edition/20180127/281870118869899

If links don't work, click on image to enlarge screenshot.
Thank you for this, Hazel :). What I've gathered here is this:

- The departure of JD "effective immediately" really implies he was pushed out, fired, or abruptly decided that he "must" leave the company
- It's alleged that JD and the Teva girlfriend cohabitated, while his wife, a current or former Apotex employee, still co-owns their home and there has been no change to their marital status
- Until his death, BS still worked on the company's drug formulations
- Mr. Watson and Mr. Kay both took on new roles at Apotex after the death of BS and the departure of JD

http://www.apobiologix.com/about/leadership.asp

Here is the bio JD wife. Very impressive.
Apobiolohix, subsidiary of Apotex based in Florida.

How readily available are divorce records available in Toronto. Mortgage records?
BS held a mortgage on the Desai home in Toronto.
BS called in the mortgages on the Winter cousin homes when he was displeased with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie