Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked through a whole bunch of Google images photos if Honey - another good earring picture of a possible set, though can't really tell from this far tbh
6cd1b8bd8ca3d38110c893c9c3dcb9af.jpg

Just copying it here for posterity. The pieces do look as if they are embedded in the mud like the leaves and twigs around them, and not freshly dropped on top. I wonder if it is one earring with a dangling pearl that has come off rather than two earrings. She did like to wear the drop earrings.
cache.php

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/wa...partner-knew-from-day-one-couple-was-murdered

If you look at the top left of the earring in this pic, you can see the edge is missing something - looks like a part of the earring has separated from it - so could be the pearl (or pearl lookalike) bit was attached?

If you look at the top left of the earring in this pic, you can see the edge is missing something - looks like a part of the earring has separated from it - so could be the pearl (or pearl lookalike) bit was attached?

Good observation. While very interesting, these earrings will only be significant if their match was still in Honey's ear or at the crime scene. Otherwise, even if the earring can be identified as hers, there will be no way to know when it went missing. I have found lost (cheap) jewelry, especially stud earrings with missing backs months later in my yard. Of course, if the earring was pulled from her ear and has some traces of DNA that's a different matter.

Just copying it here for posterity. The pieces do look as if they are embedded in the mud like the leaves and twigs around them, and not freshly dropped on top. I wonder if it is one earring with a dangling pearl that has come off rather than two earrings. She did like to wear the drop earrings.
cache.php

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/wa...partner-knew-from-day-one-couple-was-murdered

It dosent look to have been there very long. Oddly, if you look at the clasp on the left, it seems that there is an imprint in the dirt where the clasp use to lay, but some home got dislodged and moved over a bit.

The press pictures of the Shermans are all from fairly dressy events. Doubtful that Mrs. S would have worn similar earrings to an informal business meeting. Also, as they've been so widely pictured, it's not impossible that someone planted the "found" earring sometime between then and now, either out of mischief or malice. (And why did the find become known right away, instead of simply being collected quietly by LE? Someone wanted publicity maybe?)

Wasn't it a news person that actually discovered it? That would explain the publicity?

Gottlieb is the last name of the reality lady who was selling the Sherman home also......
Morton Gottlieb is not Judi's husband. Her husband has a different last name. First name Larry. Morton may be a relative, but not her husband.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

So it took approx. 42 days after the crime for LE to get around to interviewing FD? I’m glad solving this is case is such a priority for them...

He might have been on their radar (wink, wink)

Morton Gottlieb is not Judi's husband. Her husband has a different last name. First name Larry. Morton may be a relative, but not her husband.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I was just pointing out the last name and someone with the same last name had bad dealings with BS in the past. I wasn't accusing her. Maybe just a coincidence JMO

I see only 1 clasp but how does the "pearl" which looks to be larger attach to the other piece with the clasp. It looks like the "pearl" is from a different earring. JMO
If TPS were looking for an earring or earrings in their searches outside on the streets and sewers couldn't they have used leaf blowers to clear leaves from curbs etc? Just thinking out loud

The snow has been gone from my driveway and street in Toronto for a number of days now. It is inconceivable to me that all the LE and press coming and going from the site and LE walking up the driveway many times a day missed seeing these items over the past few days. Plus LE was out there with metal detectors a couple of times during the time they had the house. Could these have been planted there just today? I know that makes no sense but nothing does in this case. This just gets stranger and stranger.

Could also have been thrown/dropped out from a car? If so I'd go and look at surveillance again.

I see only 1 clasp but how does the "pearl" which looks to be larger attach to the other piece with the clasp. It looks like the "pearl" is from a different earring. JMO If TPS were looking for an earring or earrings in their searches outside on the streets and sewers couldn't they have used leaf blowers to clear leaves from curbs etc? Just thinking out loud

09dfda59f13b6af472f643317696269d--double-pearl-earrings-pearl-studs.jpg If it's a single earring, it looks like it could be similar to these Dior earrings. While a lot of HS's jewelry appears to be Chanel, it doesn't seem out of the realm that she would also own Dior.

The fact that the Teva litigation alleges that someone so very high up at Apotex (CEO Desai) received confidential Teva information is pretty mind blowing. This may or may not have anything to do with the murders but it is mind blowing in and of itself. With Desai now leaving Apotex what does it all mean?

MOO

In Canada, you can get the name brand, if its still available. You just have to pay the difference. Some doctors put 'no substitutes' on the RX.

Yep, I used to be on name brand BC.
But I switched to the generic when I realized it was almost $10 cheaper than the brand name BC!

View attachment 129385 If it's a single earring, it looks like it could be similar to these Dior earrings. While a lot of HS's jewelry appears to be Chanel, it doesn't seem out of the realm that she would also own Dior.

Wow great find as those earrings do look very very similar to the 2 pieces found by the reporter guy.

YES, I agree!

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/mandel-toronto-police-owe-apology-to-grieving-sherman-family

MANDEL: Toronto Police owe apology to grieving Sherman family

Updated: January 27, 2018 3:39 AM EST

Too little, too late.

Finally, Toronto Police confirm what everyone who loved and admired this billionaire couple knew to be true: Barry and Honey Sherman were the victims of a double homicide; Barry Sherman was not a killer who took the life of his beloved wife.
Finally, a long overdue admission by police that this was not the murder-suicide they’d assumed back in December.
[...]
Or had they known all along — or at least, pretty quickly — that this was a targeted murder – and simply didn’t bother to update the public and clear Sherman’s name?
[...]
True, the police have no obligation to share their investigative findings with the public. But it was their own leak that left the horrible impression Barry Sherman was a murderer; it was on the police to set the record straight as soon as they could.
Not six weeks later.
[...]
This was bungled and bungled badly. We are owed answers — but more importantly, the Sherman family is owed an apology.

It took them six weeks to admit these people were murdered. I wonder how long it would have taken them if the family had not had the resources for their own investigation?

There are also many people who have posted here who should apologize for the things that were written about Barry early on. [emoji22]

attachment.php
If it's a single earring, it looks like it could be similar to these Dior earrings. While a lot of HS's jewelry appears to be Chanel, it doesn't seem out of the realm that she would also own Dior.
Good find! This looks a lot like the two pieces that were found.

BBM.
And oddly enough, two of the medications I take daily are made by both.
My BC is Teva and my Amitryptyline is Apotex.
Never thought one of the drug companies I get drugs from would be a case discussed on Websleauths.

My Amitryptyline is by Teva as well as my Hydrochlorothiazide. Looking at my perscription records, I have had some Apotex products in the past.

eta - I'm in Canada with no private insurance.

It took them six weeks to admit these people were murdered. I wonder how long it would have taken them if the family had not had the resources for their own investigation?

There are also many people who have posted here who should apologize for the things that were written about Barry early on. [emoji22]
Some folks have regrettably recanted on what they previously posted. Others are nowhere to be seen. :blushing:

My Amitryptyline is by Teva as well as my Hydrochlorothiazide. Looking at my perscription records, I have had some Apotex products in the past.

I should have kept my prescription records.
I'm kind of curious now to see what other meds I've taken have been Apotex or Teva!
I know the T3's I was prescribed some time ago were Apotex.
I only remember cuz I thought APO was a weird name for a drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth