Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never in my life in a gym and I hope I never am..
But what is one's mental state when engaging in a series of gym exercises?
Is it like a state of attempting to pass oneself out?
Why would anybody want to do that? Just to have tight muscles?
Sorry for rambling a bit off topic but am curious, seeing as it is the only crumb we have.. i had always read it as him going into ninja or jedi role.. a powering up of his delusions?

One of my sons goes to a gym, don’t know why as he has most of the gear set up in his garage. Anyway, he says it’s very much a case of concentration and controlling your breathing. He goes to the gym alone and chats upon arrival but never talks during his routines. This is because if you talk while excercising or lifting weights etc you can’t get the correct breathing and rendering the routines not as effective.

i guess very much the same as with yoga. Concentrated breathing throughout the moves to get more benefit. Yes I zone out but am unaware of thinking of anything other than breathing correctly and holding the moves.

and breathhhhhh lol.

One of my sons goes to a gym, don’t know why as he has most of the gear set up in his garage. Anyway, he says it’s very much a case of concentration and controlling your breathing. He goes to the gym alone and chats upon arrival but never talks during his routines. This is because if you talk while excercising or lifting weights etc you can’t get the correct breathing and rendering the routines not as effective.

i guess very much the same as with yoga. Concentrated breathing throughout the moves to get more benefit. Yes I zone out but am unaware of thinking of anything other than breathing correctly and holding the moves.

and breathhhhhh lol.
I'll be in dire need of those breathing lessons instructions, from you, as this case progresses and regresses Jack.
Now would be a good time to start.
Thank you.
Now I have no crumb of this curse at all to chew at.. I'll breathe...wondering now if every long road has a turning, or just some and will this be one of the ones that do?

Defense asks for delay in Christensen trial
http://www.wandtv.com/story/37341430/defense-asks-for-delay-in-christensen-trial

URBANA, Ill. (WAND)- Attorneys for accused kidnapper Brendt Christensen have asked for a delay in his trial, now scheduled for February.

In a motion filed Tuesday, Christensen’s defense asks the court to vacate all pretrial deadlines, a final pretrial conference and the jury trial dates and schedule a conference to address future scheduling.
[.....]
The judge in the case gave prosecutors until February 2 to respond to the motion.

Defense asks for delay in Christensen trial
http://www.wandtv.com/story/37341430/defense-asks-for-delay-in-christensen-trial

URBANA, Ill. (WAND)- Attorneys for accused kidnapper Brendt Christensen have asked for a delay in his trial, now scheduled for February.

In a motion filed Tuesday, Christensen’s defense asks the court to vacate all pretrial deadlines, a final pretrial conference and the jury trial dates and schedule a conference to address future scheduling.
[.....]
The judge in the case gave prosecutors until February 2 to respond to the motion.
In light of their recent behaviour impugning the character and reputation of the possibly chief witness, i'd give them a day.. they have been proved incapable of handling the matter with respect for the prosecution witness.
Let them sweat now.

In light of their recent behaviour impugning the character and reputation of the possibly chief witness, i'd give them a day.. they have been proved incapable of handling the matter with respect for the prosecution witness.
Let them sweat now.

I'm gonna go on record as predicting this trial will not start until mid May. I also predict it'll be here in Champaign.

I'm gonna go on record as predicting this trial will not start until mid May. I also predict it'll be here in Champaign.

I think it will be a little later than that. My guess is August. I wouldn't be shocked if it were October, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for August.

I agree that the venue won't be changed. It will stay in Urbana. I also think all the rest of the Defense motions will be denied as well -although we won't find out about those until after the Judge sets a new trial date......

I reckon it could take a year or longer..

Whatever it will be, we probably won't know until after February 15th. That was supposed to be the final pre-trial hearing to work out all the last details, and the defense asked that that date be used as a conference to set the new schedule. The prosecution has until Feb 2nd to respond, but I doubt they will object to any of this, as they have already said they will not oppose a continuance if they opted to seek death.

So, likely no new information on the trial until after the 15th of February. This includes the judge's ruling on their motion to throw out evidence from TEB, information from his wife, and the change of venue. All that has been postponed until the new trial date is set.

BC defense is buried at this point. Visited fetish kidnapping sites, Admitted to giving YY a ride, admitted on tape details of kidnapping, apparent dna and blood evidence from apartment, car cleaned to an extent, detailed another victim of violet assault and sexual assault, and diary of a killer.

Would you convict him? I absolutely would
And 4 hours previously tried to pick up his first victim. That will seal it imo. He should be thinking about a plea deal right around now.
:cow:

Assuming there’s lots of forensic evidence in addition to all the circumstantial evidence it’s hard to see how the defense even proceeds with an ‘innocent’ plea… Is BC’s defense now locked in place at this point with their plea… or can they still change the plea to insanity or bargain to take the “death penalty” off the table (or is it too late for any of that)? I’m guessing (but don’t know?) that the law allows you to change a plea at any time during a judicial process?

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...s-want-main-charge-dropped-venue-changed.html

They argued that a fair and impartial trial would be impossible due to the "journalistic tsunami of pretrial publicity."

Not since John Ewing firebombed Judge George Miller's courtroom in 1997, they argued, "has the Central District of Illinois seen another case involving such extensive, unrelenting, inflammatory and inherently prejudicial pretrial publicity in the local media as Mr. Christensen's."
-.-.-.-
This included a motion to exclude testimony from Christensen's wife, citing marital privilege.

Christensen's wife gave statements to the FBI about conversations with her husband, where he "described disturbing dreams and otherwise revealed his most private thoughts," his lawyers wrote.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...s-want-main-charge-dropped-venue-changed.html

They argued that a fair and impartial trial would be impossible due to the "journalistic tsunami of pretrial publicity."

Not since John Ewing firebombed Judge George Miller's courtroom in 1997, they argued, "has the Central District of Illinois seen another case involving such extensive, unrelenting, inflammatory and inherently prejudicial pretrial publicity in the local media as Mr. Christensen's."
-.-.-.-
This included a motion to exclude testimony from Christensen's wife, citing marital privilege.

Christensen's wife gave statements to the FBI about conversations with her husband, where he "described disturbing dreams and otherwise revealed his most private thoughts," his lawyers wrote.
Did you get any sense of where his wife stands now, upon reading it?

challenging the feds, now..at this stage they're appearing extremely idiotic.. there's red herrings and there are red herrings.
they want to spare their utterly charming and delightful client the death penalty, because they're pretending to believe that they think he is innocent.

Then they're complaining about not having sufficient resources, as a general rule.. when they get them, they waste them on this!
In their superseding indictment, when the main charge was elevated to include "resulting in death," prosecutors argued it was a federal case because Christensen used instruments of interstate commerce, namely a Motorola cellphone and a Saturn Astra vehicle, in committing the alleged crime.
Christensen's lawyers argued that he didn't appear to use the phone to commit the alleged crime and that if the car didn't cross state borders, it shouldn't be considered an instrument of interstate commerce.

Apropos my last post, I really would imagine the Feds have it well checked out and would have needed to verify it for the death penalty request.
(that's what I hope, but I really haven't a clue.)

https://dailyillini.com/news/2018/01/27/alleged-kidnappers-lawyers-move-delay-trial/

Brendt Christensen’s lawyers have filed a motion in court to*delay the trial*in order to investigate reported sightings of Yingying Zhang, whose body has yet to be found.

Christensen is accused of kidnapping Zhang in June 2017. The FBI presumes she is dead.

Christensen’s defense aims to delay the trial until next October to investigate possible sightings of Zhang “across the country” and to investigate “suspicious individuals” who had been lurking around Zhang’s apartment on the day of or the day before she disappeared.

Prosecutors had agreed to a delay only if Attorney General Jeff Sessions decides to seek the death penalty, but the defense is arguing for a delay either way due to these new developments. Sessions is seeking*the death penalty*against Christensen.

Christensen is currently*set to go to trial*on Feb. 27 in front of U.S. District Judge Colin Bruce.

The Court has until Feb. 2 to decide whether or not the trial will be delayed.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

https://dailyillini.com/news/2018/01/27/alleged-kidnappers-lawyers-move-delay-trial/

Brendt Christensen’s lawyers have filed a motion in court to*delay the trial*in order to investigate reported sightings of Yingying Zhang, whose body has yet to be found.

Christensen is accused of kidnapping Zhang in June 2017. The FBI presumes she is dead.

Christensen’s defense aims to delay the trial until next October to investigate possible sightings of Zhang “across the country” and to investigate “suspicious individuals” who had been lurking around Zhang’s apartment on the day of or the day before she disappeared.

Prosecutors had agreed to a delay only if Attorney General Jeff Sessions decides to seek the death penalty, but the defense is arguing for a delay either way due to these new developments. Sessions is seeking*the death penalty*against Christensen.

Christensen is currently*set to go to trial*on Feb. 27 in front of U.S. District Judge Colin Bruce.

Again, the victims( her family) become sacrificed on the altar of I can't even begin.....

That's from the student newspaper (Daily Illini) from the other day. To avoid confusion, I should point out that they have messed this up a bit with the first sentence or two. The recent motion to delay the trial and hold a hearing on scheduling is a result of the Feds announcing they would seek the death penalty. This mentioning of delaying the trial to check on reported sightings of Yingying was from the defense' team's motion to delay the trial that was filed in October of 2017. That motion was denied, and the trial schedule was maintained as previously set: start date of February 27th.

Of course, everything is up in the air at the moment due to the announcement that the Feds are seeking death. Look for it to be delayed several months beyond February 27th......

Still catching up and sorry if this has been addressed in later posts.

To those saying that BC had no record therefore previous assaults had not been reported: this is not necessarily the case. I was raped by a substitute teacher as a minor (and below the age of consent in my state). Saved the underwear and everything. They opted not to charge him with a thing. This was almost 20 years ago and it may be a different climate but I was basically told that they didn’t have enough to go on even with evidence.

Just because someone doesn’t have a record doesn’t mean people haven’t spoken up or reported to police - especially about sex crimes where the common defense is “it’s a he-said, she-said situation”.

Still catching up and sorry if this has been addressed in later posts.

To those saying that BC had no record therefore previous assaults had not been reported: this is not necessarily the case. I was raped by a substitute teacher as a minor (and below the age of consent in my state). Saved the underwear and everything. They opted not to charge him with a thing. This was almost 20 years ago and it may be a different climate but I was basically told that they didn’t have enough to go on even with evidence.

Just because someone doesn’t have a record doesn’t mean people haven’t spoken up or reported to police - especially about sex crimes where the common defense is “it’s a he-said, she-said situation”.

First off, I'm so sorry you had to go thru all that. For the past few months we have kicked around whether this was BC's first foray into this kind of crime. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he turns out to be a serial killer. Think back , say 5 to ten years ago, there weren't cameras everywhere like now. Nor cell phones which may have helped catch him. If not for that single camera on Goodwin, he very well could have gotten away with this. I can see him just going off in court and bragging about all the things he may have done that the cops or no one knew about. I just read that a 16 year old girl that has been missing for about a week was found dead in a ditch about an hour south of Chicago. What is going on in our society that things like this continue to happen???

The remains found in Wayne County have been identified per the Wayne County Press in Fairfield -
Remains Confirmed As Megan Nichols

The FBI has confirmed the remains of a body discovered recently were those of teenager Megan Nichols, missing since July of 2014.
Bones were discovered Dec. 26, 2017 in a field south of Boyleston. Those remains were collected by the FBI, who were able to positively identify them as those of Nichols.

Further details are not being released at this time, as the investigation is still ongoing. The FBI and the Wayne County Sheriff's Office continue to ask for the public to submit tips regarding the disappearance of Ms. Nichols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann