CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four vital points that I took away from Dr. Phil’s interview with David Begnaud are-
1. Prosecutors and police want to talk to David Turpin’s brother in case he knew about the abuse.
2. CPS has custody of the adult Turpin children as they have the mentality of children.
3. The children did not ask to see their parents.
4. When LE arrived at the Turpin house Louise could not understand why she was being questioned/detained.

Four vital points that I took away from Dr. Phil’s interview with David Begnaud are-
1. Prosecutors and police want to talk to David Turpin’s brother in case he knew about the abuse.
2. The adult Turpin children have the mentality of children.
4. When LE arrived at the Turpin house Louise could not understand why she was being questioned/detained.

Thank you, I was not able to listen so I appreciate this.

This female now in jail was soooo used to being able to do as she wished that being asked questions just plain puzzled her. Just a guess, maybe wrong.

CLICK HERE for a quick snippet from the Dr. Phil Show yesterday.

If you don't want to listen to the snippet on BlogTalkRadio you can hear it on SOUNDCLOUD

Louise couldn't figure out why LE was asking about her kids?

This case is going to send me over the edge I swear.

I already fell over the edge, Tricia. Join me! :wave: :notgood:

I think there are parallels between the Josef Fritzl case and this case. He is the monster who locked his daughter in the basement which was more like a hidden underground labyrinth for 24 years in Austria. The Turpins have trapped their entire family in the house probably close to 20 years, with only occasional outings. Also, it looks like one of the older sons in the Turpin house was at least allowed out of the house some. Fritzl allowed several of the children born to Elisabeth Fritzl to be free and live upstairs (he claimed his daughter had joined a religious cult and was dumping babies on the porch).

One similarity I find is odd but noteworthy is that Fritzl and David Turpin are both electrical engineers. In both cases, the children thought if they escaped they would be killed. In the Fritzl case, I remember reading he claimed that he had rigged the doors to electrocute or shoot out poisonous gas in case if anyone tried to tamper with the basement exits. In the Fritzl case, I don't think the wife was in on it (though some people wonder how she could not know). Also I don't think Fritzl purposefully starved the people, but maybe I am wrong. I know it was horrible, but I remember reading he claimed he shopped at stores for food far from home to not make people suspicious. And though it was filthy surroundings in the basement, I don't personally think it was as bad as some of the pictures I have seen in Texas.

In Austria, I think the government found a house where the family lives and the names have been changed to protect the kids (and Elisabeth's identity) and keep them out of the press which for the most part has been successful. Hopefully, the same thing might happen in the US with the Turpin kids, but it is possible that some of them will seek publicity rather than privacy.

While I don't feel that a comparison should be made by too very awful cases, yes Elisabeth (now has a new name) lives in almost a little "village" where security is high etc.

Someone was asking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
Source
It's hard to say what their normal would be if they had not grown up severely starved so that their growth was stunted. Is the girl 4th from right the Hero#1? She would have been 16 or close to it in this photo. But she's more the size of a 9 or 10 yr old. Nutrition is so important especially growth spurts, before our growth plates close. Some of the girls don't look like they are starved but they seem to all bear results of not getting enough to eat for prolonged periods, if not their whole lives. Would the oldest young man have been 6' if fed normally? Could the 2nd young man have been targeted simply because he had really tall genes and his body kept striving to reach his intended 6'4"? Maybe some got harsher treatment simply because it took more severe measures to keep them small. I believe in this photo, all but the baby and 2 girls are teens and adults in their 20's.

2. CPS has custody of the adult Turpin children as they have the mentality of children.
5. The county has taken custody over the kids and adults.
6. The adults are staying together for now and the kids are going to 2 homes.

This female now in jail was soooo used to being able to do as she wished that being asked questions just plain puzzled her. Just a guess, maybe wrong.

I think so too!

Someone was asking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
Source

None look normal to me...esp if you consider their ages being a couple years ago. Also their feet are boney and appear some have bruises from chains.

It's hard to say what their normal would be if they had not grown up severely starved so that their growth was stunted. Is the girl 4th from right the Hero#1? She would have been 16 or close to it in this photo. But she's more the size of a 9 or 10 yr old. Nutrition is so important especially growth spurts, before our growth plates close. Some of the girls don't look like they are starved but they seem to all bear results of not getting enough to eat for prolonged periods, if not their whole lives. Would the oldest young man have been 6' if fed normally? Could the 2nd young man have been targeted simply because he had really tall genes and his body kept striving to reach his intended 6'4"? Maybe some got harsher treatment simply because it took more severe measures to keep them small. I believe in this photo, all but the baby and 2 girls are teens and adults in their 20's.
The baby was born in Spring 2015 and is now 2 years old going on 3. The baby looks pretty young in the photo, so subtract about 2.5 years from now for the other ages. I think that Marvelous#8 Shero was born in Nov 2000 and recently turned 17 (although I have no proof except we do know the prior sibling Marvelous#7 was born July 1999 and Marvelous#6 born June 1998.) So, I would guesstimate #8 age about 14 in the photo ? I thought her legs look bony, also in other photos. And I think Marvelous#4 (b. Nov 1995) was likely 19 years old in the photo, looks horrifically starved and skeletal in this photo on which they should be convicted for life alone.

I want to know why Randy (David's brother) is interested in adopting the kids? HUGE NO NO and read flags for me! I don't like the idea that he advocates fasting as part of his religious experiences. Didn't he write a book? I hope Social Services told him that he can't be considered because of the abuse done to the kids. And his fasting beliefs alone should disqualify him from potential custody. I hate the idea of Social Services talking to him about adoption!

This family is too bizarre on both parents sides for ANY relatives to get custody. Do you think the caseworkers see this or not? The older children should even seek to have their last name changed. The same with the younger ones when they reach legal age. This is to remove any association or relationship to their parents. Regardless of what happens in the parents' cases. No Turpin relatives should get these kids! Nothing is gained from that at all.

Satch

I want to know why Randy (David's brother) is interested in adopting the kids? HUGE NO NO and read flags for me! I don't like the idea that he advocates fasting as part of his religious experiences. Didn't he write a book? I hope Social Services told him that he can't be considered because of the abuse done to the kids. And his fasting beliefs alone should disqualify him from potential custody. I hate the idea of Social Services talking to him about adoption!

This family is too bizarre on both parents sides for ANY relatives to get custody. Do you think the caseworkers see this or not? The older children should even seek to have their last name changed. The same with the younger ones when they reach legal age. This is to remove any association or relationship to their parents. Regardless of what happens in the parents' cases. No Turpin relatives should get these kids! Nothing is gained from that at all.

Satch

I fast for lent. Fasting doesn't necessarily mean you don't eat. It also doesn't mean that you have your children fast. DT & LT were not practicing fasting, imo, they were just nuts, who were starving, abusing, and isolating their children.

<snip>

The older children should even seek to have their last name changed. The same with the younger ones when they reach legal age. This is to remove any association or relationship to their parents. Regardless of what happens in the parents' cases. No Turpin relatives should get these kids! Nothing is gained from that at all.

Satch

Can the legal guardians when appointed ask for a change of names (first and last if they wish) on behalf of the minor children? Can the children go in a kind of witness protection program to escape curiosity and start a new life?

My take on the drawing: A picture of the father (male) (fattened), with a bull's-eye target on him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate to keep playing devil's advocate bc I know it bothers people, but I'm taking everything I read w/ a grain of salt. This isn't justification, nor am I victim blaming/shaming or defending the perps. Some <modsnip> will read this & think I am doing one or more of those, but I swear that's not my intent. We just don't have all the info, & it could be a long time before we get anything new. The same info keeps being recycled into new stories. Every day I google & hope there's some kind of new info but it's always like one tiny new thing, pasted onto the same old stories. In a way it's good bc it means they're protecting the kids' privacy somewhat, not airing every detail .. but I saw that People magazine in a grocery store on Saturday and I wasn't even tempted to flip thru it. I knew it'd be all the same info, just worded slightly differently.

Am I the only one who has ZERO interest in the Robinette sisters? I find them suspicious & their credibility dubious. Early on, one of them said something like "I haven't talked to LT in years" but I knew immediately that wasn't true bc I FB-searched LT the day this story dropped and I saw public communication between the two of them. One or both of the sisters have directly contradicted themselves multiple times, so I'm mentally checked out when it comes to them .. not interested in a thing they have to say. And am I correct in assuming they're profiting from all these useless interviews they're giving? Does that strike anyone else as disingenuous or morally objectionable?

I agree w/ the person above me about hoping the kids can change their names or get something like witness protection. I hope they don't have to lug around the baggage of their surnames their entire lives. :( Esp bc all their first names start w/ J, they're just gonna stand out if they apply for school or jobs & I just don't want that for them...

It makes me sad to know the victims are being split apart :( ----wish they could all heal together. I wonder how they all feel.

As for the "aunties" and other "family members".... I can't even tell you how I feel sans breaking the TOS and ending up in WS time out. arghhhhh

I’m not caught up. I realized how grouchy I was yesterday and gave myself a time out.

I’m very sorry for this. This case is getting to me even more than I thought. I love all of you and realize we are all after justice for these precious ones.

Peace. &#10084;&#65039;[emoji174]

I hate to keep playing devil's advocate bc I know it bothers people, but I'm taking everything I read w/ a grain of salt. This isn't justification, nor am I victim blaming/shaming or defending the perps. Some <modsnip> will read this & think I am doing one or more of those, but I swear that's not my intent. We just don't have all the info, & it could be a long time before we get anything new. The same info keeps being recycled into new stories. Every day I google & hope there's some kind of new info but it's always like one tiny new thing, pasted onto the same old stories. In a way it's good bc it means they're protecting the kids' privacy somewhat, not airing every detail .. but I saw that People magazine in a grocery store on Saturday and I wasn't even tempted to flip thru it. I knew it'd be all the same info, just worded slightly differently.

Am I the only one who has ZERO interest in the Robinette sisters? I find them suspicious & their credibility dubious. Early on, one of them said something like "I haven't talked to LT in years" but I knew immediately that wasn't true bc I FB-searched LT the day this story dropped and I saw public communication between the two of them. One or both of the sisters have directly contradicted themselves multiple times, so I'm mentally checked out when it comes to them .. not interested in a thing they have to say. And am I correct in assuming they're profiting from all these useless interviews they're giving? Does that strike anyone else as disingenuous or morally objectionable?

I agree w/ the person above me about hoping the kids can change their names or get something like witness protection. I hope they don't have to lug around the baggage of their surnames their entire lives. :( Esp bc all their first names start w/ J, they're just gonna stand out if they apply for school or jobs & I just don't want that for them...

I also have zero interest in LTs siblings. I personally think they are not the slightest bit credible, and I think they want their 15 minutes of fame. The one sisters stories change every time she opens her mouth, and the other two siblings that have been in the media don&#8217;t seem very credible to me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77