CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have zero interest in LTs siblings. I personally think they are not the slightest bit credible, and I think they want their 15 minutes of fame. The one sisters stories change every time she opens her mouth, and the other two siblings that have been in the media don’t seem very credible to me either.

I am not happy that they are saying on the Robinette side they were abused. Not that I am unsympathetic, but what excuse is that? Do you starve and beat and put your kids in shackles and keep them prisoner and have them bathe once a year? No.

What bothers me is that all of the relatives presumably knew the approximate ages of the siblings, yet even though the older twelve in 2015 looked like they ranged from about 5 years old to about 15 years old when in fact they were 10 to almost 30, this is extremely troubling. Why didn't any of them call to get a police welfare check on the family in particular after the supposed Skype calls stopped? This is troubling.

Also Fritzl's defense if you can call it that was that he had a mother that abused him and also he was trying to 'protect' a troubled daughter from the evil outside forces of the outside world (i.e., his justification for imprisoning her in an underground torture chamber for 24 years). I have a feeling that the defense will trot out the same sort of defense.

And that is exactly why the art teacher is critical.

Developmental stages cannot be taught. As a comparison, you cannot make a child walk if s/he is not ready. Children go through developmental stages in drawing as well as cognition.

Art work is a visual representation of a child’s developmental stage as well as their inner emotional life. It is represented in the symbols they use.

Artists that left the representational level such as Picasso were superb realistic drawers, but he moved onto the symbols which he seemed to have.copied from indigenous peoples.

That drawing on the wall is an internal expression. Like Picasso’s face of the woman which shows more than one side, Or Edvard Munch’s Scream. Farmmore powerful than a realistic rendering.

Art of the native people of Australia use the dot. So fascinating .

I just thought it was a target for darts, that someone put a face on top of!!!!!

I’m not caught up. I realized how grouchy I was yesterday and gave myself a time out.

I’m very sorry for this. This case is getting to me even more than I thought. I love all of you and realize we are all after justice for these precious ones.

Peace. [emoji173]️[emoji174]
Hey, I was grouchy, too, and also gave myself a TO for most of the day!

:highfive:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's the only place I can find it, sorry. Trust what she said is in no other report that I have seen ir heard.

I'e been searching too. I'll try a different browser.

I went off about the weights in the last thread but I'll reiterate bc of the posts above me: size & weight are all relative, esp when it comes to frame size. I'm NOT saying the oldest girl wasn't starved. I'm saying we don't have all of the information. How tall is she? How large is her frame? What is her set point? Was she particularly dehydrated the day she was weighed? Had she voided prior? Was she wearing clothes? How's her fat vs muscle vs bone ratio? Sorry, just soooo many factors play into this. The one simple number "82 lbs" does not tell us the whole story. What if she's like 5'1"?

Similarly, I'm NOT saying the youngest kids weren't starved, but some children are very small/lithe, very petite, just don't start putting on weight until they get older. My younger sis was tiiiiiny, bone-thin until she was like 18 .. she was a very late bloomer. I was my full adult size (& my highest weight ever, incidentally) when I was 13. Random!

I'm 5'9" & if I weighed 82 I'd be dead (I'd probably be dead, or at least look dead, at anything under 110) but two ppl have chimed in saying they're my same height & have recorded weights in the 90s & low 100s, and I believe them. #jussayin .. haha.
I don't think we have to get answers to any of those questions about what her frame size was and such. It was reported that she was malnourished, and it's clear from her "good" pictures that she was. I have no reason to believe that the hospital and LE are deceiving us.

The three paragraphs aren't connected. But you have a fair point. Didn't intend to insult anyone in particular, I just feel like any posts that are even just a HAIR less than sympathetic to the siblings are jumped on like we don't care or like we are justifying the abuse. We're def not, just trying to predict how the defense might scrape together a case. Everyone deserves a fair trial in the US, even the most heinous of criminal parents... :-/

ETA: I probably need a time-out, too. Am I the only one who absolutely cannot eat while reading about this case? Not virtue-signaling here, just .. that's how nauseated I get. I gotta stop reading about this case for a while I think.

I went off about the weights in the last thread but I'll reiterate bc of the posts above me: size & weight are all relative, esp when it comes to frame size. I'm NOT saying the oldest girl wasn't starved. I'm saying we don't have all of the information. How tall is she? How large is her frame? What is her set point? Was she particularly dehydrated the day she was weighed? Had she voided prior? Was she wearing clothes? How's her fat vs muscle vs bone ratio? Sorry, just soooo many factors play into this. The one simple number "82 lbs" does not tell us the whole story. What if she's like 5'1"?

Similarly, I'm NOT saying the youngest kids weren't starved, but some children are very small/lithe, very petite, just don't start putting on weight until they get older. My younger sis was tiiiiiny, bone-thin until she was like 18 .. she was a very late bloomer. I was my full adult size (& my highest weight ever, incidentally) when I was 13. Random!

I'm 5'9" & if I weighed 82 I'd be dead (I'd probably be dead, or at least look dead, at anything under 110) but two ppl have chimed in saying they're my same height & have recorded weights in the 90s & low 100s, and I believe them. #jussayin .. haha.

All I needed to know was that the Doctors said they were malnourished and needed to be hospitalized for that. They said it was the oldest daughter they were most concerned about. They were hospitalized for at least a week, I don't know what more there is to say about this? Or why it is being questioned?

What do people do while they are waiting in jail?

All I needed to know was that the Doctors said they were malnourished and needed to be hospitalized for that. They said it was the oldest daughter they were most concerned about. They were hospitalized for at least a week, I don't know what more there is to say about this? Or why it is being questioned?

Thank you. I don't care what some random person weighs.

What matters is these children were horribly abused, starved and kept in torturous conditions. Period.

moo

I've never been in jail, but I suppose if I was, well... I'd be being wrongfully incarcerated, so I'd likely cry a lot. I guess it might depend on if I was segregated or not, too. I'd sleep, cry, read, (and eat my entire commissary order in about 10 minutes probably). Maybe write letters or journal, but mostly cry in despair. I've heard it said that only the guilty sleep in jail but I'm an escape sleeper so I would be sleeping regardless of my guilt or innocence.

I went off about the weights

mybodygallery.com is a decent site to use to see differences how bodies carry weight. When I put in my height / weight I don't match anyone pictured. Not sure if there is an equivalent site for male bodies.

I wish I had the skills to take unblurred group photos and put them in chronological order as best as I could w/ sibling # identified so they could be compared easily. I'd carefully obstruct faces so some details like hairstyle and maybe even cheeks and smiles, if allowable, could be seen. When you look at the half dozen or so pictures across time and see the kids mature, I do not think anyone would continue to excuse their physical appearance.

Anybody with some skills able to make a nice comparison? Even just an early/late comparison?

<modsnip>

One of my favorite quotes.

&#8220;When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.&#8221; - Mr. Rogers

I wish I had the skills to take unblurred group photos and put them in chronological order as best as I could w/ sibling # identified so they could be compared easily. I'd carefully obstruct faces so some details like hairstyle and maybe even cheeks and smiles, if allowable, could be seen. When you look at the half dozen or so pictures across time and see the kids mature, I do not think anyone would continue to excuse their physical appearance.

Anybody with some skills able to make a nice comparison? Even just an early/late comparison?

I have done image searches and have found faces of the children all of them unblurred, and have learned four of the children's names. I know we can't post names yet. I am pretty sure we can't post faces unblurred either.

Satch

It's my guess that the Ts aren't doing much. I'd guess that they are being kept out of general population and that means sitting in a cell. They probably have their paperwork to review, and can likely get a book to read.

Many conservatives can relate to your quote as well. It’s probably just me, but I don’t like when things turn into liberal vs conservative here. We have people from all walks of life who dedicate their time to victims they do not know. FWIW, I grew up in NJ/NY, which is one of the most liberal regions in the country, and likely have a far more liberal outlook than others because of my locality. That being said, many of my family members are very conservative, however they are respectful of others. And believe it or not, a few are philanthropists who donate time and money to those in need. Maybe we can all avoid labeling one another as bleeding heart liberals, uptight conservatives, etc.
Agreed. We don't need to use derogatory political terms in here at all. And if a post about a case can be accurately written without referring to any politics, it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members